Ricky's NYC Employee Reviews

Just an Awful, Unprofessional Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
This is one of the easiest companies to be SM, and that fact is reflected in your pay, which will be as low as it can be for someone holding the title, SM. District Managers and upper management tend to be a level above where they'd be with a real company. And the ranks of upper management tend to look down on, not welcome, intellectual curiosity.

Would only recommend this company to someone who is fresh out of school or someone for whom a bottom-of-the-barrel salary would cut it.

Most importantly, Ricky's has been closing stores in recent years, and given their antiquated business model, you can expect the trend to continue.
Pros
40 percent discount
Cons
Awful salary, incompetent upper management, frequent store closings
Somewhat productive and fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
I worked for ricks for 2 years. Ricky's can be fun and also stressful. management is bad. completely bad. sometimes they don't go with you avability and want you to work with what ever they give you. I had fun working for ricks most the time but other times I did not. If you are into Halloween you would have fun working for ricky's during Halloween season.
Pros
halloween hours, coworkers
Cons
hours, no sick hours, management
Stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  17th streetSeptember 13, 2017
Lack of communication throughout the whole company. Store Managers are lazy. When in need of help from other co workers from corporate there's never a helping hand.
Cons
Never appreciate hard workers
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Good company, very fun and cool to work there. Stressful during Halloween, but overall a very cool place with alot of random bonuses like training and getting a free blow dryer or testing new products.
Current Work place
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 25, 2017
Ricky's NYC is a pretty laid back but fast paced place to work at. I enjoyed my time working there but I feel like it's time to move on to new ventures.
Pros
Discount on select beauty products.
Cons
Not many benefits.
I love this place!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Upper West Side, NYJune 26, 2017
Working at ricky's was awesome, I had a lot of fun while doing my job. Management was professional and organized, and flexible to work with. I did not take work home with me and the benefits were great, 40% discount while other benefits through Plum Benefits. The only con was the pay, at the time I was getting paid $9.50.
Not fun at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
I'm a past associate from 27th. It's fun to work at Ricky's, if you were popular and outgoing in high school. it's the only way to good decent hours .
Pros
good discount
Cons
horrible management and communication between coworkers and superiors
not worth it
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 30, 2017
the working season was uncomfortable and many times boring during the day also froze due to the doors being open all day, people try to flirt with you or wont even acknowledge your existence if your not like them.
Pros
cheap discounts after halloween n durin
Cons
jerks
Makeup
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
Working at Ricky was really good, I had a great time working there, I learn new things especially how to sale products, and how to make sure people get what they came looking for
Fun place
Sales Associate/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
Working at rickys is good for a while.Not to be there for a long time.or make it as your career. I loved the job at first, then my manager sucked and i hated her, she made me quit and get another job. Besides that, i loved the job. Everybody else was so nice and loved it.
Pros
Events mostly all the time
Cons
Wouldn't invite you to most
Exciting
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
As a sales associate leader at ricky's i must admit is really exciting! We get shipped each trending stylish object, hair color, makeup & accessory. Anyone can get the job and fall into the family.
Pros
40% ff for employees
Cons
Bag check at the end of the day
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2017
This was my first job and I truly enjoyed every second of it. I remember looking forward to each and everyday. The staff and the people you meet are refreshing.
Rickys NYC
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2017
Horrible really unorganized company they are all over the place. Its bad I wouldn't recommend this job to my worse enemy. It use to be a very fun and joyous environment to be in but the company has changed a lot over the years it's not the same.
Pros
Discounts
Busy workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
One of the better Retail jobs I've worked for. Very relaxed environment. Great atmosphere. Huge expectations from the sales associates as far as making goals, especially with the price points being so high in most departments.
fun overall
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Steinway, NYFebruary 3, 2017
Very fun exciting and great for company. Love the amazing products for skincare,makeup and hair care products. Love the way they train you and understand customers.
I loved it.
Sales Assosiate, Register, Stock, Inventory (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2017
I loved working for rickys, It was a fun store to work at and have a chance to check out some really good products of hair, makeup, nails, skin, wings ect, Amazing time working there.
Fun and Productive
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Rickys NYC was my first retail job. I was 18 when I started. I feel in love with everything this job came with. it really completed me as a person in life, and also helped become the person i am today. i started as a sales associate and made it to corporate. because of Ricky's NYC i know for fact managing a store is where i need to be.
You will meet very unique individuals
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2017
This was my longest job experience. I am thankful for Ricky's Nyc allowing me to work for them with not that much retail experience. My managers believed in me and knew I was capable of anything I put my mind to. I've had up and downs just like anyone would have but I left with some really good life time friends.
Pros
Chances to make more hours
Cons
Short breaks
overall fun and exciting staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 2, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers gather the items they need for their hair
a tyoical day would be to come in the store drop your things off and get to stacking the shelves
Cons
very short breaks 15 min
Great place to work at.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
By far, Ricky's has been the best job that i have ever stumbled upon! Its a place that lets you be you, while still upholding professional standards.