Ricoh Employee Reviews

Found 1,461 reviews matching the search
Don't work here
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 15, 2016
Management is terrible. Corp needs to do a complete overhaul on the management team. Because of them the turnover rate is high and the business is extremely unorganized. No chances for advancement unless you are a favorite. Hard work, dedication, and business knowledge doesn't matter. Only the unqualified & idiotic people get promotions. Some collectors do not get treated fairly while others barely have any work to do. Raises are a joke. And so is working for the company. This place of employment should never be considered a permanent place to work or a career goal. You will be sorry if you stay there for too long. Worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Cons
Management. Salary. Management. Management..Management!
A lot of work for a little money
Major Account Executive-New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 3, 2017
I was hired as a Major Account Executive. On my second day one of the other reps told me I would hate working there. He said the sales leader was a micro manager, the compensation plan was a joke and the culture was dog eat dog. After 7 months I had found it all to be true so I left to move on to better opportunities. I learned a lot, but unfortunately most of it was on my own. I have worked for and with many companies in my career, Ricoh is by far one of the worst.
Ricoh - Great company, hard to get things done
Major Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 20, 2017
I have been working for Ricoh for three years now. I moved from an Account Executive to a Major Account Executive within a year and a half of working for them. They have an extensive training program upon hiring, so they really do like to hire from within. They have great benefits, an excellent HR staff, etc.

The downfall of the company is its billing and management. I cannot speak for other marketplaces, but in the Gulf States market place communication is sometimes difficult.

Overall, I have stayed at this company for 3 years because the office environment, staff, and technicians will go above and beyond for a customer. As it is with most corporations, the people that are not on the 'front lines' don't have as big of a sense of urgency about your situation as you do, and are sometimes more preoccupied with revenue amounts than the customer's happiness.
Pros
Excellent benefits, intelligent staff, good moral, team environment
Cons
difficult upper managment, constant billing issues, sales rep plays many roles besides selling
Good people, poor management, good job security
Driver (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 17, 2016
a typical day is loading up jobs for delivery, running my route, addressing any customer concerns, delivering mail, filing paperwork when the day ends

typical night would be working through numerous jobs on the copiers, transferring the data, addressing any machine maintenance concerns and then helping out with any shortfalls in other departments if needed

i learned how to increase my productivity and efficiency daily
management was quite poor in my opinion
my coworkers were good people, some better workers than others
hardest part was dealing with poor management decisions
most enjoyable part was interacting with customers and coworkers
Pros
relaxed enviroment most years, job security, decent benefits
Cons
management, low pay, no way to advance really
Great sales team with good management support
Religious Market Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 3, 2017
I sold printing and document storage devices to the faith based market in Silicon valley. I learned to adapt products and services in a way that offered relevant solutions to institutions such as the Diocese of San Jose and various Catholic high schools. I worked with a great team of sales people always willing to share best practices to winning new accounts. The most difficult aspect of this role was educating new clients of the benefits to using less paper and better storage methods for important records. I enjoyed developing partnerships with major organizations and executing on our company commitment to improving document storages processes to benefit day to day operations.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Challenging market
Low growth potential and no loyalty to their employees
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 17, 2016
I worked there for 6 years I was Severance twice
You are an asset to the account that you belong to if they lose the account or the count shrinks you lose your job they don't try to help you find a new position in the company they just lay you off
it doesn't matter if you're a high performer and you get tens on the customer surveys they just don't care.
For a technology company they have poor communication to there employees. It depends on what region or team that you're on and how processes are viewed no one is on the same page.
They're on unprofessionalism flows to their customers that they have lost many of us.
Pros
They have a good choice and benefits but you will pay for those
Cons
They don't allow time for breaks
Don't stay for too long
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2016
Benefits are decent. Work is easy which is both a good and bad thing. Good because you don't need to stress about your work, just get through the day & go home. Bad because it's easy to get too comfortable & get stuck in a rut. It's also a no skill job that anyone can do, which means you're expendable & someone is always ready to take your place if, for whatever reason, the company decides they don't need you any more. Management seems to have their own agenda when it comes to promotions & advancement. This job should be used to get some experience & accustomed to work in an office environment, but those with higher ambitions shouldn't stay too long & should always be in the market for something better.
Pros
Decent benefits, easy work, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Menial tasks, host company will look down on you
Good Company, odd industry
Print Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALFebruary 10, 2017
My experience with RICOH has been positive in all ways - for a person who has not got the level of experience that I possess.

With my background, I have been under-challenged, under-paid and have had limited opportunity to advance.

The niche portion of the IT industry where I got into RICOH, Managed Services (Printer), has a much lower salary range than I had become accustomed.
Pros
Assigned to a great client location
Cons
Pay and advancement
Technology Leader
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 29, 2016
Management and infrastructure was consistently changing and the training was good but did not go over the important things like contracts, leases, and other important information. Management was new and I felt like I was learning everything as I go. They offer great benefits and the base salary is good but it takes so long to sell one copier. You really need a mentor or manager to walk you through your first three sales. Customer base is small.
Pros
Benefits, friendly manager
Cons
unfriendly work environment, not properly trained
Fun Leadership Team
Global Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 26, 2016
The company is very diverse in their hiring, from education to culture. The company has a wonderful training team and the new hire training program is a solid start for our new hires. The company's appreciation of their employees is good, just not consistent. The company has a great intranet for sharing information and keeping employees up to date.
Pros
Good benefits, work lift balance, appreciation, and PTO policy
Cons
Senior Leadership, favoritism, and priorities.

Want to know more about Ricoh?

Ask a question
not recommended
Technician (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 19, 2016
After 20 years I'm looking for another job. Ever since Ricoh bought Ikon the Benefits go up astronomically every year, raises are a joke, required certifications are ridiculous and they don't actually teach the info, just expect you to pass the tests, sales leads are rarely paid if ever, only concern is squeezing more out of us, unappreciated for anything done, made to feel we're lucky just to have a job. Only plus is the vacation but that's only because I've been here so long. Should have 5 weeks now but Ricoh put an end to that.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Pay, benefits, stress
Ricoh Group has three divisions (REI/RLC/Thermal). REI division presents the best life work balance and compensation.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 5, 2017
REI of Ricoh offers the best compensation and work life balance. RLC needs better leadership. You will start your day with no specific ending time. Your day could up to 15 hours. No break room or snack machines available only water.
Not a great place to work
Operations (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 24, 2017
Ricoh is poorly managed and has virtually no opportunity for growth. The culture stresses hours of work over actual results produced, and is a perfect example of the old "Command and Control", top down system.
Pros
Had a good direct report, and had wonderful co-workers.
Cons
No growth opportunities, compensation not competitive, decisions made without knowing what is going on in the field
Fun if all your main focus is working on equipment and taking care of customers and not numbers
Associate Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 14, 2016
A decent company but screws techs out of better raises due to the constant push for numbers and revenue claim to be a customer first company but is the total opposite when it comes to priority calls and customers Service Managers fail to support their techs and don't manage the call boards
Pros
Good company to get A+ Certification
Cons
Inconsistent Management
Nice Company but very little room for advancement
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2017
Ricoh is a good company to work for if you have no desire to move into upper management. They seldom hire within the company. The pay is way too low for the work they expect you to do as a supervisor.
benefits
Cons
pay wage, advancement
just a few things
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 28, 2016
A typical day would be just coming to work and knocking out the work. I've learned a lot over the past couple years I been working here at Ricoh. 1.) Is teamwork of course everyone don't work as fast as different people , but I guess patients is also something I've learned. My co-workers are fun, respectful and very kind. I really don't believe in a hard part of a job on because there are different ways people work, I guess I like to try to do my own method of work. the Most enjoyable part of the day is basically the last 30min of work!
Pros
Benefits and they do worker appreciation
Cons
they are very demanding about certain things
Overall a great experience!!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 12, 2016
Fun overall experience at Ricoh! Had a very nice two year run there and made it to Horizon's Club in California! Was able to work with a great team of copier and software/IT specialists. Had an incredible time and made a nice amount of $$$$.
Pros
Great training and very good base salary, received lots of help from various specialized IT/Software Depts.
Cons
Horrible and confusing Comp Plan, it was implemented in April 2016. AWFUL!!
Learned a lot, great invironment, would not leave if it was my choice
Assistant Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Learned a lot of staff in different areas, good management, flexibility, worked with great people. Unfortunately the part of bossiness I had been for 16 years is in decline.
Pros
can work different hours, great people, good benefits
Cons
hard to promote
Decent company. Great people but low pay.
FSR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2016
Decent company if you are just starting out. Compensation lacks in certain areas for the amount of work you are doing but the people you work with and management make up for that. Additionally, there can be negatives, but also a lot of benefits. Many inconsistencies can arise from site to site.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Low compensation
great benefits
Sr Electrical Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I was able to learn several things within my job requirements.
Open communication.
Hardest part job was an early start in the day.
Most enjoyable part was the people and opportunities offered.
benefits
Cons
no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ricoh. Our community is ready to answer.