Ricoh Employee Reviews

Found 1,442 reviews matching the search
Fast paced professional environment
Order Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 9, 2017
A typical day consisted of team daily updates or requirements for productivity expectations. Learned about financing equipment contracts. Management encouraged a top down structure. The culture was business casual and professional. The hardest part of the job was seeing departments move down south at the time of starting employment. The most enjoyable part was learning some things I had not done previously such as finance contracts.
Pros
Leadership team competitions
Cons
Hiring during transition of the location
Topical, educational time with Ricoh
Channel Manager - Industrial Optical Systems Group (Current Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Awarded autonomy to accommodate individual style, included in this is being able to provide, review updates and results. Ideas welcomed at group meetings, action items and ideas being accompanied with business projection impact.
Initiatives primarily driven by individual.
Culturally fortunate to have reported to, worked with outstanding managers.
Navigation of processes to get things done.
Tolerance to have a voice to speak up, when and if frustrated with a policy or negative obstacle.
Pros
Outstanding people
Cons
NA
Field Technology Service Manager
Field Technology Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 24, 2017
Balance work load through dispatch for even distribution of calls for my technicians. Do ride a-longs with the technicians to verify they are taking care of the customer and the company. Administer monthly RAPs with the technician to discuss what they have done well and what they need to improve. Accept calls and emails from sales and management to improve the customer experience.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Limited
Good Company, odd industry
Print Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALFebruary 10, 2017
My experience with RICOH has been positive in all ways - for a person who has not got the level of experience that I possess.

With my background, I have been under-challenged, under-paid and have had limited opportunity to advance.

The niche portion of the IT industry where I got into RICOH, Managed Services (Printer), has a much lower salary range than I had become accustomed.
Pros
Assigned to a great client location
Cons
Pay and advancement
Productive and fun work enviornment/atmosphere.
Sr On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 1, 2017
Everyday is filled with energy, there is never a day that I don't like sorting/processing mail and helping other employees. Since day one I learned more about how to properly work with the mail and the different machines. There isn't a bit of difficulty that comes with this specific job. The best part is being help to those who need or request it.
Pros
work enviornment, friendly co workers, pay
Sales
Graphic Communication Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Graphic Communication Production Specialist (Digital print production equipment & software)
Successfully providing Ricoh’s complete line of digital production print equipment, finishing products
and software applications by establishing customers’ “marketing needs analysis” in order to create the
right graphic business solution to increase company revenue utilizing Ricoh’s new technologies.
Ricoh USA
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 5, 2017
I am an Account Executive for Delaware and some of Maryland. I meet with Business Owners, CEO's, IT Directors, and much more to help their business run more efficiently, increase workflow, communications, and more. I am based out of the Wilmington Office, but I am either in a meeting, customer facing, preparing a quote, or administrative work. The most enjoyable part of the job would be having the ability for a flexible schedule. My co-workers are very nice and helpful to work with. You have to be driven and work independently to achieve goals and to grow in this company.
A Very Diversified Company
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
My typical day at work is managing the work flow, coaching my team and taking of the customers needs.
I have learned throughout the years how to stay focused and multitask with error free results.
I constantly keep a clear communication with my management team and my staff to ensure quality service levels are met.
The hardest part of my role is meeting high demand expectations in a short period of time.
The best thing about my job is that I work with great people and am able to meet the expectations 98 percent of the time.
Pros
Help from the management team when needed
Cons
Competitiveness of health care coverage
good company to work for over all
On-Site Tech (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYDecember 26, 2016
I would open the office check the call queue, prepared first run of toner request and printed out the service call request and put them in order of priorities, went to deliver toners/ conduct service calls. closed service call on service now, making service notes and making sure service level agreements were kept. I would make sure toner stock levels were also kept. same thing about pirinter parts. and making printer repairs at the office. Although I did not have a manager title, I had to create Monthly Operating Reports
Pros
working byself
Cons
make me come in to work when I would call out sick
Fun Leadership Team
Global Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 26, 2016
The company is very diverse in their hiring, from education to culture. The company has a wonderful training team and the new hire training program is a solid start for our new hires. The company's appreciation of their employees is good, just not consistent. The company has a great intranet for sharing information and keeping employees up to date.
Pros
Good benefits, work lift balance, appreciation, and PTO policy
Cons
Senior Leadership, favoritism, and priorities.
Workplace is all over the place
Biller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2016
Close to Home I do what is best for the company and approved by my assigned supervisor when they are at work A typical day includes work that has to constantly be deleted and repeated to Sales and Customers. A large degree of back up work for a continuous shortage of team members to carry out the job as professionally required. I learned to supervise and manage at a Temporary status The hardest part of the job was the large amount of favoritism over professional experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after over 12 hours of constant working
Pros
Temps
Cons
favortism of in experience employees
A company that truly doesn't care
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2017
Boss & higher ups truly don't care. Pay is horrible & they don't care for higher education. I left as soon as I could. In the beginning it was ok because I needed a job. But after a while you start to see people for how they really are. My boss & co worker would sit and talk about every one. I walked in one time with them talking about me! I'm so glad I left that place!
Pros
Nome
Cons
Pay, higher ups, no advancement.
Distribution Company/Law Firm
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day would be me looking at the event sheet for the day because in addition to having scheduled meeting in conferences, sometime meetings would cancel, start early or end late or someone would want to pop in a room that is empty and there is always the chance that said meeting could end late.

afterwards I would open and reply to email in order of urgency.

overall I learned patience

the management was very questionable, not willing to take responsibility

the workplace culture was very professional and for the most part pretty stable/schedule wise

the hardest part was not being able to trust management and knowing that it was a contract job the future really was uncertain in so many ways.

the most enjoyable part was knowing I had awesome peers
Don't work here
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 15, 2016
Management is terrible. Corp needs to do a complete overhaul on the management team. Because of them the turnover rate is high and the business is extremely unorganized. No chances for advancement unless you are a favorite. Hard work, dedication, and business knowledge doesn't matter. Only the unqualified & idiotic people get promotions. Some collectors do not get treated fairly while others barely have any work to do. Raises are a joke. And so is working for the company. This place of employment should never be considered a permanent place to work or a career goal. You will be sorry if you stay there for too long. Worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Cons
Management. Salary. Management. Management..Management!
Great Company
Services Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 17, 2016
Great company to work for. Training is a bit dry and repetitive and only teaches you the very basic and fundamental aspects of general sales, but you will learn a ton if you are new to selling B2B.
Pros
great support resources, management really helps you in any way they can, flexible hours
Cons
no training on their ever-changing services portfolio, so it's really hard to pitch any "add-on" products or services on the spot to a customer.
Low growth potential and no loyalty to their employees
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 17, 2016
I worked there for 6 years I was Severance twice
You are an asset to the account that you belong to if they lose the account or the count shrinks you lose your job they don't try to help you find a new position in the company they just lay you off
it doesn't matter if you're a high performer and you get tens on the customer surveys they just don't care.
For a technology company they have poor communication to there employees. It depends on what region or team that you're on and how processes are viewed no one is on the same page.
They're on unprofessionalism flows to their customers that they have lost many of us.
Pros
They have a good choice and benefits but you will pay for those
Cons
They don't allow time for breaks
Attempts to improve their processes
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 26, 2017
It appears to me that Ricoh does try to evolve and improve how it does things. Yet, I don't think management is really willing to listen to the sales force on what needs to be done.

The earning potential isn't at all what I expected.

Finally, there is a lot of confusion within this company. It makes learning your job difficult.
Pros
Freedom to work outside of the office
Cons
Earnings
Overall a great experience!!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 12, 2016
Fun overall experience at Ricoh! Had a very nice two year run there and made it to Horizon's Club in California! Was able to work with a great team of copier and software/IT specialists. Had an incredible time and made a nice amount of $$$$.
Pros
Great training and very good base salary, received lots of help from various specialized IT/Software Depts.
Cons
Horrible and confusing Comp Plan, it was implemented in April 2016. AWFUL!!
call center needs new management
Aftermarket Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2016
I will not call it racism but but the favoritism is so rampant that , the same infraction is not treated the same or even close. I knew a manager who took a demotion to be a lead in another dept. I can not tell you what the pay drop was but her seniority dropped 2 steps. Who does that when you are 6years left before retiring. How the company web site says smoking in designated areas only but that only applies to non management. The call center at Ricoh in Tempe Arizona is a joke.
Pros
company Philosophy and people
Cons
Call center senior management and managers
Not a great place to work
Operations (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 24, 2017
Ricoh is poorly managed and has virtually no opportunity for growth. The culture stresses hours of work over actual results produced, and is a perfect example of the old "Command and Control", top down system.
Pros
Had a good direct report, and had wonderful co-workers.
Cons
No growth opportunities, compensation not competitive, decisions made without knowing what is going on in the field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ricoh. Our community is ready to answer.