Rider University Employee Reviews

College work experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 3, 2016
I worked in the college as a research assistant, learning the computer system, database, helping students with questions and understanding the way the systems worked at Rider
great
Finance Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJApril 15, 2016
Working closely with potential and incoming students. Managing all aspects of two different offices, overseeing audition days, parent days, coordinating campus visits, tours, mass mailings, and other general office duties.
Great People
Library Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJApril 2, 2016
This job is great for students at the university looking to just make a little money to help with everyday expenses, such as food and gas.
Great place to obtain an education from
French and ESL teacher (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, New JerseyApril 1, 2016
It is a good place to work and study at. I receive plenty of training as well as support and resources from my instructors throughout my time there.
Rider University
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 2, 2016
It is a great work place especially when you get to work with your own age group and peers. We have a very casual work environment but it is taxing since you live where you work as a Resident Advisor but always worth it to make an impact with my residents.
Enjoyable workplace and crew members
THEATRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 9, 2016
On a typical day, before work, I would get an email from my supervisor laying out what the tasks of the day would be. I usually had a draft of a project I would be working on. I would either be working with assistants or on my own to complete the project.
I learned:
How to read drawings made by AutoCAD
Basic and higher level carpentry skills
Basic metal working skills
Rigging
Good work ethic
The hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable part of my job; there were always new challenges to overcome and I never stopped learning each and every day.
Great work enviroment
Director of Basketball Operations (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJDecember 3, 2015
Rider was a very special place for me I did my undergrad there and a lot of the same people from my experience as a student were still involved in with the school when I returned to work there as a basketball coach the environment was liken to a family one because of the closeness of the staff and faculty members which made it a joyous place to work at
Good.
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJuly 16, 2015
A good work environment. It was a internship and I learned about how to balance school work and work. A typical day was short, but good. The hardest part, was trying to balance the various jobs within my job.
Review of student research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJune 1, 2015
Great job to have at Rider. Work with a professor you admire. It is beneficial because you get paid, it is not too time consuming, and you may have that professor in the future for a class. It looks good on resumes as well.
Great place to gain experience
Student Staff - College of Business Administration (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 19, 2015
Working at Rider was a great chance to see how an office is run. My tasks were general office duties. I got the chance to enhance my personal skills with people by working with students daily, as well as my professional skills by working with administration.
Pros
Working on campus
Cons
Not enough pay to get by
I love helping people here
Math Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville Township, New JerseyApril 3, 2015
There is nothing to complain about, my supervisors were all loving and caring, it felt like a family there. I loved the time I spent there.
Team Environment where you have freedom.
Painter (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJApril 1, 2015
View work orders and go to site where work is requested. After observing the site, go back to paint shop and get materials need to finish the job.
Good learning experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 11, 2015
Great place to work and learn. Worked in different fields while in college. Everyone was willing to help and easy to talk to.
productive and fun
administrative support (Former Employee) –  Teaching and Learning CenterDecember 4, 2014
Projects. I provide administrative support to staff members by scheduling appointments; preparing event attendee lists; answering phones; scheduling rooms and coordinating functions for faculty development initiatives, outreach, workshops, and other events. I Coordinate mailings with the print shop and the mailing services. Order and maintain office and pantry supplies. Provide excellent customer service to staff and students alike.
Very good Universtity with good teachers
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJNovember 25, 2014
Working at Rider gave me lots of good experinces. My supervisor was a very nice person. Students were very enthousiastic aboout learning French .
Pros
Pretty space, good management
Cons
Health care
Good experience with computers
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJOctober 29, 2014
I learned to maintain computers and allow users to use the lab to its full potential
Productive Opportunity
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJOctober 23, 2014
Overall it was a good experience and helped while I was studying at school.
Pros
Help Rider
Cons
Hourly Wage
Easy going with a focus on my education
Editor and Layout Editor of SSS Newsletter (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 28, 2014
The hours were adjustable and those I worked with were nice and understanding.

I learned how to use my editing skills more and how to use my creativity towards layouts as well.
Pros
ability to do homework, easy going environment, creative
What I learned
International Programs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 1, 2014
I learned about the study abroad process and I was able to work very independently with a supportive management team
Great Place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJune 10, 2014
Rider is a great place to work but there is not much room for advancement within the University.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rider University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5