Rider University

Rider University Employer Reviews

Very good Universtity with good teachers
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJNovember 25, 2014
Pros: pretty space, good management
Cons: health care
Working at Rider gave me lots of good experinces. My supervisor was a very nice person. Students were very enthousiastic aboout learning French .
Good experience with computers
Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJOctober 29, 2014
I learned to maintain computers and allow users to use the lab to its full potential
Productive Opportunity
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJOctober 23, 2014
Pros: help rider
Cons: hourly wage
Overall it was a good experience and helped while I was studying at school.
Easy going with a focus on my education
Editor and Layout Editor of SSS Newsletter (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: ability to do homework, easy going environment, creative
The hours were adjustable and those I worked with were nice and understanding.

I learned how to use my editing skills more and how to use my creativity towards layouts as well.
What I learned
International Programs Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 1, 2014
I learned about the study abroad process and I was able to work very independently with a supportive management team
Great Place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, NJJune 10, 2014
Rider is a great place to work but there is not much room for advancement within the University.
Fun and great learning experience
Financial Aid Student Worker (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJMay 21, 2014
I learned alot and was involved in a lot of hands on activities
Bordentown Regional High School
Assistant Coach- Women's Volleyball Team (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJMay 8, 2014
A great district where everyone is a family and where the best education is provided for each and every student on an individual basis.
A fun place to work
Producer/Director of Broncvision (Former Employee), Lawrencville, NJMarch 1, 2014
Pros: meeting some great people and seeing fun games
Cons: time and pay
Manage students for a live video stream of Rider basketball and wrestling. I learned almost everything i know about live sports production. Directing, producing, and managing are all things that i learned.My co-workers were really my students and they were great. Management worked hard hard but didn't really understand my role. The hardest part of my – more... job was preparing for a game an hour before the game for every game. Also using broken equipment. I enjoyed the experience. – less
Nice place to work. Enjoy interaction with students and co-workers.
Administrative Assistant Student Success Center (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: full paid benefits
Cons: hard to get time off for vacation.
Schedule students for tutors, answer telephone, payroll, keep database information current and help other secretaries with big projects. Teamwork is very important. Being able to get time off because office is so busy. Meeting with all the different students.
Educational and exciting place to work in
Research Associate (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 13, 2013
My day consisted of working with either mice or crayfish or drosophila larvae depending on the research project that was being done. I would inspect that the animals are well and took care of them by providing food or water. I would identify any odd behaviors that they showed prior to laboratory experiments. I learned that responsibility in taking care – more... of these animals is very important due to animal welfare laws that the institution must follow such as Animal Welfare Act, OLAW and AALAC. – less
First experinces in a biology research lab
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 4, 2013
Rider University has hard-working faculty who care about the success of their students. I had my first introduction to scientific research thanks to the professors in the biology department. It was a great experience.
Great job
GRADUATE ASSITANT EVENT OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Lawrenceville NJAugust 13, 2013
Great experience, great people, great job! Would not have left if not for moving away from the area.
Extremely enjoyable
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJJuly 7, 2013
Loved taking care of organisms; cleaning and feeding them. Supervisor was more than helpful when needed something. Loved working with co-workers. Hardest part was graduating and leaving position.
Overseeing general office duties and interviewing incoming students.
Admissions Ambassador/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 9, 2013
Working closely with potential and incoming students. Managing all aspects of two different offices, overseeing audition days, parent days, coordinating campus visits, tours, mass mailings, and other general office duties.
A good place for part-time work
Student Worker (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJMarch 17, 2013
Working time is scheduled but can be rearranged, and you have the option to work during school break or not work.
No heavy work.
Coworkers are nice.
Each Aramark site is different
Location Retail Director (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJMarch 6, 2013
Aramark is a good job, I never had much of a complaint but to be honest, things vary greatly from account to account, I was fortunate to work for 3 good DM's and to have hardworking Directors above me. From one account to another can be a dramatic difference.
Temporary Assignment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJAugust 3, 2012
On a typical day, I would collect materials from students traveling abroad, maintain their folders, correspond with faculty and students, update students' records online, organize electronic documents, and manage the director's calendar.
The most difficult part of the job was not being able to do more work to help out the director and assistant director. – more... This is common in temporary assignments as passwords and access are not the same as in a permanent position.
I found the fulfillment of serving both the students and the staff the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Good experience
Fire & Life Safety Officer (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJApril 10, 2012
Good experience and benefits. I gained valuable experience here. If i am still in NJ when I retire i would consider going back to work for them so my children can have a discounted tuition.
The last job I held before I finished college
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJMarch 27, 2012
Pros: forming relationships with the residents
Cons: there was no free room and board
This was the last on campus position I held. The title of Resident Advisor if filled with responsibility and I learned a great deal from it.