Ridge Corporation Employee Reviews

High turnover rate
Heavy Lift member (Former Employee) –  Enta/Pataskala, OH.October 3, 2017
Owner and management was very rude, no training, very unsafe, basically was a joke of a company, not to mention they pay the forklift drivers way more than the line workers that work way more and a lot harder, forklift drivers make almost $20hr. and don't do half the work.
Pros
free water
Cons
everything else
Unprofessional miserable place.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHAugust 23, 2017
Fiberglass contaminates your clothes and lungs in overwhelming quantities and it is hot! Training is inadequate at best, and management is clueless. Safety is a big problem, and it shows in all the serious accidents, injuries, and OSHA fines. The work schedule is very unstable and you seldom ever get notice when you have to stay over and work overtime. This results from constant changes in daily production plans which keeps it confusing.

Worst of all it is a very unprofessional environment. Racism and inappropriate harassment starts at the top and makes its way to the employees. The youngest owner is rude and out of control. Worst place I have ever worked. I would give it zero stars if it were an option1
Pros
Free water.
Cons
Owners and upper management.
Look for better
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHAugust 11, 2017
I worked for this plantation of a company for 3 yrs I was lied to from day one I was a forklift driver and was treated like a modern day slave management is maid up of old college and child hood friends who stick up for each other and are clueless on how to manage your maid to work long hrs for low pay and no raise find a new place to work for trust me leaving was the best thing I ever did
Pros
Free bottle water
Cons
Management is as smart as a sack of balls
Lied to and misled. Miserable
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHAugust 9, 2017
I was set on Rhonda, their main production line which generates a massive amount of heat to which Ridge's answer to the 100+ degree warehouse is scattered fans and an open door.
It's seriously hot in this place, and on top of that the fiberglass is EVERYWHERE. By the end of your day you look like a twilight vampire due to all the glass, and that stuff definitely gets in your lungs.
The environment is very unhealthy and has few safety precautions.
Most employees are there for only a short period. In the few months I was there I witnessed at least 15 people come and go, most before lunch on their first day.
Management is poor and sometimes non-existant, and if there's a problem at all, the employees take the blame.
There is little to no training. I was thrown on a position day 1 and taught nothing for weeks.
Most of the employees are angry and annoyed by the heat and fiberglass, so there isnt a welcoming nature to the job.

Employees get benefits after 30 days.
The company offers free bottled water.
I asked for new gloves once, and was told to present my old ones to prove that they were destroyed or I had to pay for them.

I will never work here again, or recommend anyone work here.

0/5 stars all around.
Pros
Bottled water was free. Breaks every 2 hours.
Cons
Everything else.
Very unorganized place to work. Supervisor have you doing one thang and ask another
Worker (Former Employee) –  EntaJuly 30, 2017
Forklift drivers,very unprofessional. You tell them you need material to your line you may wait up to an hour if not longer. Very hot in there .owners are very nice trust me.but they need way more and better training, they go through people like you go through water.and the point system is a joke trust me very bad insurance,pay way to low the job should pay 17.00 dollars,an hour to start and more with shift difference .they can't even keep supervisors there..they want you to train people with no raise wow lol what a,joke. People look harder and you can find,better trust me.....
Pros
Free coffie
Cons
Very poor place to work
Awesome company
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHFebruary 23, 2017
Small company that gives you plenty of room for advancement! Great job culture, management is really hands on they help on the lines when needed and always there to help out with anything. Owners of the company are on the plant floor a good bit making sure everything is running well, and will answer any questions you ask, very easy to talk to. Decent benefits. overall a good place to work
Pros
Free bottled water, hot chocolate and coffee, easy going, not just a number, owners are friendly and know you by name.
Cons
communication can be lacking at times
Made truck trailer walls
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHJanuary 8, 2017
Didn't like it had to cut fiberglass all day had my family braking out in rashes didn't go good ..................................................
Great place to work, although several major issues.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHFebruary 4, 2016
You would be lucky if you get a performance review at any time during your first several months of employment. (Indeed.com, is this enough words for you now?)
Pros
Some morale boosting programs, Reasonably safe work environment, Small company
Cons
Massive communication rift between employees/lower management and middle/upper management
Poor culture
Production Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  etna, OHMarch 3, 2015
The management has began to decline with the growth of the company. What began as a great place to work can change fast as management does.
Pros
3 daily breaks
Cons
expensive healthcare, Night shift, Mandatory Overtime
fun job overall, but management is questionable
fabrication (Former Employee) –  Pataskala OhJanuary 22, 2014
Very high turnover rate. Always made you feel like you were replaceable