Ridgecrest Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor upper management
RN (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CA 93555August 16, 2017
It has a culture of backstabbing and no support. If you disagree with the CEO you will be terminated no question. It does not promote advancement unless you are an intern of the CEO . The culture is one of intimidation and retaliation.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Poor management.
A very fast pace to work
Document Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CA 93555August 2, 2017
I have 16 years of experience working as a team member that maintains health records for the hospital. duties include creation , filing, retrieval and continual maintenance of patient medical records.
Updating , correlating, and classifying the records per organizational regulations, policies , and procedures, to include following personal identity protection policy.
Worked for 20+ years
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJune 18, 2017
Employment is very hard with this CEO running things. Punish those who work hard working extra hours and awards lazy rear kiss employee's. Very little advancement opportunities mixed with age discrimination for long time workers.

Very unfair environment never seen such low moral with co-workers.Money is wasted for unneeded real estate and no funding for basic repairs and equipment.
Cons
Working all time.
appropriate scheduling
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  RidgcrestJune 11, 2017
I liked the flexibility in scheduling. I also like 12 hour shifts that provided me with 3-4 off days in a week that made it possible for me to manage my personal life as well.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
short break
Friendly place to work and great receiving care.
Patient Financial Services Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest,April 4, 2017
The only cons working here is working 10 hour day, but enjoying the 3 days off work.
I have worked here almost 10 years this year and have made numerous work friends.
Pros
Excellent Teamwork
Good Place
Radiologic Technologist III (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAMarch 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time and experience with this company. Management is flexible with schedule and listens to employee concerns. I think this hospital is a little slow and you will not gain a ton of experience. However, it is a great place to start out as a tech.
The clinical managers are absolutley top notch and provide quality care for all of their patients.
Director of Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAFebruary 18, 2017
The clinical managers at RRH are all top notch. CEO is a very bright and knowledgeable leader. The CEO has brought many positive healthcare services to the community.

I was very proud to call RRH my place of employment.

The CEO is very busy and is sometimes hard to approach with matters related to the running of the hospital.
Pros
Benefits are good/ wonderful staff throughout the organization.
Cons
Support staffing levels seemed to be insufficient considering the size of the hospital.
Fun place to work. Always busy. Great benefits.
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest Regional HospitalFebruary 7, 2017
Great place to work. The days go by really fast. The only negative is the employees gossip. I guess that's everywhere now.
Pros
I get to just do my work.
Cons
Operations manager is dating one of the EVS employees. Drama, gossip.
housekeeping
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAAugust 26, 2016
The harder you work the more they under appreciate you. The pay is too low for the amount of work they need you to do. The manager of the EVS department is unprofessional. If you want to go further in the hospital dont work for him. He doesnt like to see his employees advance.
Pros
discounted meals.
Cons
low pay
It was Great.They really cared about us
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAAugust 11, 2016
I worked Noc shift.I did 2hrs checks on all residents.Answered call lights.I learned compassion.Management was very kind to us.We all worked well together.The mornings getting 7 residents up and ready for breakfast within a 1 1/2 time frame.the most enjoyable part was seeing my residents smile when I walked into the room.
Pros
Lots of free food.C.E.U, Training when we got off work.
Cons
We were so busy some nights we could not take breaks
Angry CEO
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJuly 26, 2016
So many good people who truly care about providing great care. The place looks better in recent years but it's rotten on the inside because of poor morale from employees being beat down by a dictator-CEO who manages by fear and intimidation. I especially feel for the people that work directly for the CEO.
benefits
Cons
hostile management, job insecurity
A great partnership!
Art Therapist- PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJune 8, 2016
Ridgecrest Regional Hospital is a wonderful place to work at. As a vendor for the agency, I enjoy facilitating group therapies with for their clients and they are supportive and very helpful in helping me ensure that the groups run smoothly.
Poor management
Ridgecrest Regional Hospice Home Care (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAMay 4, 2016
Stressed tense very angry management
On call all th time
No time for a life
Gossip and drama
Terrible communication
No where else to work as a nurse or pt
Pros
Cons
Fired easily
Good work
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAApril 12, 2016
Keeps you on your feet, not really a dull moment. Not much opportunity to grow though unfortunately.Overall, a decent place to work.
Place is over rated
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Lvn charge nurse typical day was working mostly 12 to 16 hours a day because the couldn't keep any good employees. Other staff members at the long term care likes to make up lies and listen to rumors. There staff is over worked and u derpaid. You always had to wonder what they were going to make up and blame you for on any given day. This is the worst place to work ever
Pros
Cons
Fear of retaliation under staffed upper management makes up stories. Listen to employee rumors
high demanding place to work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 27, 2015
Working for Ridgecrest Regional Hospital has increased my clerical skills. The hardest part of the job would be meeting deadlines due to the fact that it takes months to train new employees to ensure they follow all procedures and policies correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients, I love meeting new people and the customer interactions.
Pros
Pto, health and dental benefits
Cons
employee turnovers, lack of communication between departments and procedures constantly changing
No chance for advancement
Radiology Clerk (Current Employee) –  RidgecrestSeptember 10, 2015
I loved working with the patients however I would not have the opportunity to advance within the hospital. The hardest part of the job was learning to correct preparations for the exams.
Pros
patient care
Cons
lack of opportunity
Should have further pursued this as a career path
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJuly 15, 2015
This job was volunteer work but I loved it. The people that I worked with saw my interest in certain aspects of the job and saw my potential as an employee. The positions that I was interested in were mostly involved with computer work and less in the medical field. I would love to continue working with computers. The employees here bonded so well and they genuinely seemed to enjoy their jobs.
Pros
work environment, computer work, career worthy, great employees
Cons
hours of work, medical field
Professional environment, and smiley faces
Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJune 30, 2015
Ridgecrest Regional Hospital is fast pace. I learned alot about the residents their and how to individualize their needs. Management was prompt and well organized. Co-workers worked together and new we were there for the samething and that was the well being of the resident, and to maintain a healthy environment for employees and residents. Hardest part of the job is when someone is in critical condition, you cant do anything for them but to comfort them and to make sure they are not alone when they expire.The most enjoyable part of the job is to see them get better, mission accomplished.
n/a
Quality Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAApril 26, 2015
Ridgecrest Regional Hospital is the only hospital in the valley within a 90 mile radius. At this time they are a CAH which limits the number of beds available in the hospital to 25. However since the addition of the TCRU and the purchase of RHC, this hospital fits the community needs.