Ridgeview Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great patients, love my work
RN (Current Employee) –  Waconia, MNSeptember 4, 2017
I enjoyed my patients and providing bedside care. The new management recently has been a challenge. The acuity was everything I wanted. Management made it stressful on my unit, I felt no support.
comfort level will change when you're over 60.
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNJuly 27, 2017
Keep in mind I started when they had less than 200 computer, 1 IP address subnet. The company grew quickly in the following 10 years and there was no need for experienced generalists as more IT specialists were being hired.
Pros
free parking
Cons
the company has a history of letting productive people go much to the surprise of all co-workers.
The job is ok. But no Growth with my job
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Waconia, MNJuly 27, 2017
Job includes maintaining equipment through out the organization.
Completed repairs and preventive maintenance on all equipment .
Call on vendors to order parts for the equipment that needs repair.
The hardest part of my job is finding equipment through out the departments. Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and working with the great people through out the years. We have
a lot of turn over with the management group. The have just began a new organizational chart for our Department.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes and Work is close to Home.
Cons
Benefits is not the best. No growth with in the Job.
Great Environment - Great People
Registered Nurse (Medical/Surgical) (Current Employee) –  Waconia, MNJuly 17, 2017
Feeling blessed to work for a company that every patient tells you that they ask to be transferred here for their care says enough. Patients are known by name, not by room number - which matters for quality of care.
As good as it gets.
Assistant Director of Emergency Medical Services (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNJune 14, 2017
Strong leadership. Efficiently run. Healthy marketplace competitors. Committed workers. Strong, established market share. A joy to work for. High standards.
As far as hospitals go, you could do a lot worse.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNJune 5, 2017
My direct boss was pretty solid, but the director and her right hand lady were out of touch and yes men, even though they were ladies. I think Ridgeview has a no firing policy, which sounds great, but when people need to go and are responsible for patient's safety, that's a problem. They're happy to listen to problems, but don't actually take action to change anything. My co-workers, for the most part, were awesome and did good stuff. Good place for me personally to start, but they stunted my growth and didn't let me expand my experiences.
Pros
Free half hour in the morning to sit there and talk about your kids. I don't have any. But still.
Cons
inflexible, non-adaptable, changes hard to come by, non-responsive upper management that was out of touch.
love it
NAR (Current Employee) –  Waconia, MNJune 5, 2017
Great place to work very family orientated supportive in what you need everyone is very friendly. Lots of room for advancement and learning different areas
Fun place to work but far to get to
Medical coder (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 29, 2017
A typical day would be to go in and review 60 to 100 charts a day.

Would get called into the office to help supervisor with coding questions.

Get pulled to help train new people.

review contested charges, and emails from other people in the department.

Management was ok for the most part. The communtication was there and in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job was coding for a service I had very little experience in.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coding as this is what I like to do.
Pros
coding for different services
Cons
not having enough training in some areas
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNDecember 29, 2016
Certified Nursing Assistant are treated horrible, over work and looked down wouldn't recommend working there,turn over high always understaffed ratio 1 cna to 22 patients
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNMay 10, 2016
Good employee attitudes and many chances to learn with different resident health issues. Busy, but steady pace and it is possible to get your work done in 1 shift!
Work variety
Certified X-Ray Operator (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNJanuary 21, 2016
Enjoyed the many challenges from working in family practice to
Urgent Care. I learned many aspects of working in a Hospital setting
that I had not been prpared or trained for i.e X-Ray operations and EKG monitoring. Assisted in ER when requested per my abilities.
Pros
Many challenges
Cons
Away from family and home.
Very supportive environment
Recovery Specialst (Current Employee) –  Wartburg TNSeptember 14, 2015
Company is very supportive. Provided training and support. All co-workers were willing to jump in and help. The company encourages staff to take care of themselves. The company provided good benefits with time off, insurance and retirement.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Pay
Good place to work, plenty of room for growth.
Clinic Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waconia,MNJune 3, 2015
Ridgeview Medical Center is a great company to work for. They give you a lot of opportunity to experience all that they have to offer. At this time I have two positions within this organization. I work in the Pulmonology clinic as well as perform Utilization Review in the hospital. The staff are warm and great to work with. I have had nothing, but good experience with this company. I would recommend this place to my friends and family.
Pros
There are many oppurtunity for growth
Cons
There aren't as many hours to work in the work week.
Nice place to work
Clinical Service Assistant: Casual Float (Current Employee) –  Waconia, MNMarch 21, 2015
Nice place to work. The people are great, and the training was well handled. My only issue was the inability to work full time
RN jack of all trades in intensive care setting
Registered Nurse: Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waconia, MNFebruary 4, 2015
I work in several areas of responsibility, primarily in CICU as RN providing primary care for critical patients from acute cardiac syndromes to ventilated pts to sepsis to ETOH withdrawl to post surgical care in the unit. I also rotate through charge nurse duties, work in the pre and post cath lab area admitting, prepping and monitoring post procedure, pulling lines.
My shifts are 8-12 hours and rotate.
Great job for the first one right after collage.
Residential Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 15, 2015
I loved this job. It was a great experience as I finally got into my field of study.
Pros
Loved to learn what this field was like.
Cons
Not paying any money!
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 1, 2015
As much as I can remember this was a great job. I can compare Ridgeview Medical Center to Kelley Homecare Inc. Ridgeview provided me the experience to excel and serve Kelley Homecare Inc over and above their expectation.
Pros
Great team to work with and I am glad I had the opportunity to serve this organization
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable jobs
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Waconia, MNNovember 28, 2014
Working with patients is a wonderful job, my favorite part was working with the older population (geriatrics), they always had great stories to tell you.
Cons
Little room for advancement
Clinics setting
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNAugust 22, 2014
The clinics will have the same perspective as what I stated with the Two Twelve Medical Center review.
LOVED this place
Instrument Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNAugust 11, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the staff I had here they were so supportive along with the management.
Pros
Staff/People
Cons
Got laid off.