Ridgewater College Employee Reviews

Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNMay 23, 2017
Great school where they work with you on your jobs. You can attend class remotely or watch the webex recording at a later date. Knowledgeable teachers.
A great learning experience
Computer Systems Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MN and Willmar, MNMarch 30, 2017
My typical day would consist of teaching several classes and having office hours. I allowed my students to email me anytime and I would answer those emails as soon as I could, including nights and weekends.
I spent the majority of the past three years learning and creating lessons, assignments, labs, and quizzes for my classes working many long hours, through the weekend, and after the workday.
I generally taught 16 or more credits every semester. The classes that I taught were mainly IT related. I managed all aspects of each class from day one of the semester to the last day of the semester.
This was my fist teaching experience in a community college setting, I have learned something new almost every day, and I have enjoyed sharing my knowledge with the students at Ridgewater College.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the light in a student’s eyes when they started to understand. I encouraged my students to work problems out together in class and it was fun to watch them in that process.
The hardest part of teaching is coming up with lessons that are interesting and timely each week.
The workplace culture was supportive and helpful as I was new to teaching and I appreciated all the help that I received from the other instructors as well as the students.
Over the past three years, one of the most important things I learned was that I could accomplish anything that I put my mind to.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Lots of long hours to prepare for each week.
an fun place to work
Work Study/ Student Life (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNDecember 25, 2016
I enjoyed working with students. work-study was a great experience. they worked around my school schedule. I liked the way I had a chance to improve the skills that i learned in school.
Great place to be a work study
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJune 2, 2016
I learned a lot not only being a student at Ridgewater college but also being a work study. Great instructors and just a great place to be.
Understanding staff
Work study (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNApril 11, 2016
I was allowed to work around any problems I had in my personal life and I wasn't penalized for it. I just had to call in and let them know I wasn't going to make it in. It became more strict towards my graduation, but nothing that didn't need to be done since they needed their workers to show up.
Pros
Scheduling is easy
Cons
Minimum wage, with no chance of improvement
fun place to do workstudy
Work Study/ Student Life (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNMarch 8, 2016
They are willing to work around my class schedule. When I need time off I always got it if I asked ahead of time. The people that I worked for are fun to work for.
Fun work place with great co workers
welder (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNNovember 30, 2015
On a typical day we would be welding on various things such as trailers, grills, flat bed trucks and many more. We would use Mig and Tig primarily. I learned alot about welding on different types of metal and how best to prep the metal I was going to be welding on. I also learned how to use machinery such as a break press, shear, band saw and many more. It was difficult at first learning all the different ways to operate the machines. I really enjoyed how my supervisors were very willing to help me learn and become a better welder.
The faculty are top notch
Psychology Professor (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJuly 18, 2015
The faculty and staff are incredibly supportive of each other. The shared focus is on what is best for students. The most enjoyable part of working for Ridgewater is working in collaboration with co-workers.
Great work environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJune 17, 2015
Being an educational institution, I enjoyed the environment. The staff was welcoming and accommodating. Being around the students was energizing.
Pros
Working with the instructors and the acedemic staff was a great experience.
Quiet work study environment
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNMarch 12, 2014
Through the work study program at college, I was able to sink in to a more relaxed environment. Learning additional research skills and book keeping skills was quite helpful.
Eager students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNDecember 22, 2013
Students attending a technical college are eager to learn a skill. Being able to work with students of all ages was rewarding. Each day I could see students growing, learning and gaining confidence. Ridgewater College gave instructors guidelines but allowed us to teach in our own way. My colleagues and the administration were wonderful.
Pros
Upbeat atmosphere
Awesome Job
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNApril 17, 2013
Its a good relaxing job.
I am learning and getting experiences in my field of study.
Management is really nice.
Overall excellent place to work and helped guide me in my career path
Lead College Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNDecember 27, 2012
I was the lead college ambassador and worked for the admissions office. I set up campus tours and guided tours for prospective students and their parents.Coordinated projects with 7 other ambassadors. Handled sensitive student information. Performed administrative duties such as filing, putting student orientation packets together, billing, answering phones, and various computer work.
Educational
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNMay 31, 2012
Flexible schedule -mostly tutored at my place (close to college) quiet fewer distractions.