Rigby & Peller Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Bra Fit Stylists (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 3, 2016
I helped open the store in Roosevelt Field. Although the store didn't last long it taught me a great deal about client servicing and working one on one with a client.
A disorganized mess!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2016
When I began with R & P it was Intimacy and you felt like you mattered, your role mattered, your team mattered. With the re branding and change in CEO, that all changed. Broken promises, zero growth opportunity, talked down to, and openly told your personal was of no concern.
Pros
Love what this company WANTS to stand for. Love the product, love the clients!
Cons
Exspenive health benefits, no work life balance.
Nice place to work
Title - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
A good place to learn the skills of being a great bra fit stylist. It is commission based making hard to work as a team. Everyone it really out for themselves.
Pros
Not a difficult place to work
Cons
No holiday pay
Changing Lives
Key Holder/Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2016
One of the hardest jobs I've ever had to leave was here. My coworkers here have become some of the best female friends I could ask for. Everyday our position was there to change the lives of women. A perfect fitting bra could do just that. It gave a person a confidence boost, better posture, and above all it made each women feel fabulous in their own attire. So many woman wear the wrong size bra and what Rigby & Peller allows is to help women find their right size and establish a much more deserving bra wardrobe. Each day made a difference here. Sometimes I would get a random hug or cries of laughter, because the client/customer would be ecstatic to be in something better than what they've worn before. That's what made this job all the worthwhile.
Productive and great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 10, 2016
The concept of changing women's lives with the right bra size, make a big different. The company was build in trust and compassion for women needs and I saw this in all the years that I did work for Intimacy/Rigby and Peller. Was a great place to work in every concept.
Pros
Great opportunity to grow, proud to help others
Honestly, one of the worst companies I have ever worked for.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2015
This company will sell you a dream and give you nightmares!
When I was approached my an assistant manager at my, then, job, I was sold a dream that I would receive bonuses and all of these great benefits. Being that I was trying to get my foot in the door of fashion, I eagerly took the job thinking this was my chance.
This company is literally falling apart every single day!
No one knows what they are doing, management wise. I got lucky to have one of the best assistant managers in the company, thank God.
Everyday was something new, and not in a good way.
Upper management do not care about their employees at all!
No heat in the building in the winter and 1 of our pipes burst in the bathroom. Instead of sending someone out to properly and professionally insulate the pipes, Intimacy decides that this isn't an issue and left it for their employees to literally clean up the mess.
They cut corners on everything and make the employees make up for their slack.

The only good part about this job was my assistant manager and my coworkers. I worked with the most wonderful and laid-back women ever. If it wasn't for them, I would have quit a long time ago.

This review may have been all over the place but I get so upset just thinking about the my time there. I can go on and on about the disasters with this company but this would go on for pages.
Point is… if you need a quick job, then apply but don't get your hopes up for any advancements.
Fun place to work
Client Service Specialist/Inventory (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2015
Every day is different
I learned that working for good people is the best job
Most enjoyable part of the job is the management and co-workers
Happy environment makes for happy and productive staff
Pros
Long drive to downtown
Cons
work load varied
Intimacy Bra specialist processor
Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2015
Intimacy is a very family oriented establishment. The lifting could be heavy at times and not interesting. The holiday wee very eventful but awesome place to purchase bras.
Pros
Hoildays
Cons
Lack of advancment within company
High-end European lingerie boutique
bra-fit stylist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 7, 2014
Intimacy is a 20-year-old company based in Atlanta, Georgia. The company founder was trained by the bra-fitter for the Queen of England and then passed on her knowledge to help women throughout the country find the perfect foundation garments. Through my training, I have assisted hundreds of women feel better about themselves and, perhaps even changed their lives. I know my life changed when I came for a fitting when the store opened, before I was an employee. During my tenure with Intimacy, I have learned that I have excellent people skills, enjoy helping people; establishing a repeat client base through follow-up contact; management opportunities as a senior lead stylist and keyholder; operations of the store. Currently, the store is without a manager, so a co-worker and I are assuming leadership roles, to keep the store running smoothly.

A typical day includes greeting customers as they enter, selling the fit, and providing one-on-one consultation and bra-fit styling; clienteling, managing inventory including replenishment and new inventory, transfers, damages, alterations, and balancing cash drawer.
fantastic store
Senior Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Great store, great hours, very flexible with time off, competitive pay. All benefits provided. Nice employees and management
Pros
compettive pay, benefits provided and flexible scheduling
Cons
usually have to work weekends

Want to know more about Rigby & Peller?

Ask a question
intimacy is family owned business. we are very passionate about what we do, we work with some best clients all over world! the energy there is positiv
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 4, 2013
75% of our business is base on clientele. I'm driving force behind the company sales I'm accountable for 40% of the business
Pros
free gifts
Cons
not enough hours
Unappreciative Workplace
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAJune 21, 2013
Management Team sucks. Its not a team effort environment. They let the employees do all the work and pay them nothing for it.
Awesome core values and service
Bra Fit Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2012
-A typical day of Intimacy includes giving exceptional service to all customers. Intimacy is known for its expert fittings and wide size selection. Our goal every shift was to change women's lives !
- I learned an extreme amount working for Intimacy. I was able to interact with vendors and the owners frequently. I gained valuable knowledge on selling techniques,bra fittings, luxury goods and shipping software
-I have a split review on management. My first two managers were amazing and really pushed me to grow as an employee. Both were instrumental in my advancement and were always there to help me achieve my goals. My last manager was extremely harsh and unbearable and gave no support to her sales staff.
-The hardest part of the job for me at first was working on commissioned sales. I am very customer oriented and wanted to always maintain my integrity. I learned that there is a balance and to remain sincere and you are sure to sale.
- The most enjoyable part of my job was when a customers life was truly changed and bonding with my clients.
Pros
great benefits, family-owned, and family atmosphere
Cons
loss of incentives
Challenging and rewarding--but not enough
Client Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2012
Intimacy had a lot of growing pains. The products and training are top shelf. There were fair benefits. The merchandise benefits were a great coup.

This job is great for the self esteem. It helps you to see yourself and other women as beautiful and powerful and valuable people. Unfortunately, that is exactly the opposite of what will advance you on the job.

There were some great folks, unfortunately the management team let serious issues go unaddressed. Everything was on the "old girl" system. This made for a very hostile work environment.Despite all the claims to the contrary diversity is not valued at Intimacy.

Since the firm is now a more corporate one, perhaps conditions have improved.
Pros
great merchandise benefits, location, improve self esteem, change to help others
Cons
diversity is not valued at intimacy, poor management, crowded and less than adaquateworking conditions.