Right At Home Employee Reviews

Workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Work envirovment is great not enough paid great location managers is great the cases I have had where with great people clients was very nice and pleasant
Overworked and underpaid
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I worked at Right at Home and unfortunately there were more cons to the job than pros. The franchise owners, management, and (some) clients were kind but nice is not good enough.

It's an independent job where you had to learn a lot on your own, however at times I was blindsided by the lack of communication on behalf of the staff.

It was understaffed over the holidays and hours were unpredictable going from part time hours to OT. Shifts varied from several hours to nearly all day.

You have to pay for your own HCA registration and Livescan. Many other agencies provide this at no cost to its new hires. I would recommend to ask during interview. Orientation was about an hour, showing videos from the CEO and about the company.

The job itself was fine, but I do not believe it's the best agency to work for. I would do research on multiple agencies in your area before you choose your employer.
Pros
Rewarding, fun, paid weekly, franchise owners are genuinely nice
Cons
Short shifts, low pay, no guarantee of full time hours, no advancement
It’s an okay workplace
Companion/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2018
Overall I enjoy working with right at home when there are open shifts for me to pick up. My only thing is when I actually am unavailable to work the shifts I get more offers which sucks but is no ones fault.
Poor
COOK/CLEAN/ERRANDS (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2018
Very unorganized place to work for. They would send you out to work and you would drive sometimes 30 minutes to find out they didn't need you without informing you. Never steady hours I wasn't happy with this company.
Home Care
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJanuary 15, 2018
There is tons of opportunity to pick up additional shifts. You are not told upon hire that you are required to pick up shifts but they will continue to pressure you and text/call while you are with other clients making you feel like you cannot refuse the shift. Scheduling can be very confusing. The clients are great and worth the confusion! Once there is a solid schedule it seems to get less confusing!
Poor place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 14, 2018
This place is a joke. They charge the client/or pay you by the job. The job could be 4hrs or 8hrs long. They have a set rate. Figure out that rate divided by the hours you are there and its less than min wage!
Pros
Cons
Everything. Poor Pay
Excuses
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 13, 2018
I was very unhappy with the management , there was a misunderstanding on their part and once it was brought to their attention they still terminated me.
Pros
loved meeting new people and patiens
Cons
management
cool company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCJanuary 12, 2018
this job was laid back and enjoyable to me. helping the elderly brought me such joy. the shifts were reasonable and there was no micro managing great place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 12, 2018
Great place to work and very accommodating. Both the employees and supervisors/nurses are hard working and kind. There's always opportunity for training and you are never afraid to speak up if something makes you uncomfortable.
A job not a career
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJanuary 11, 2018
First off, you cannot make a career being a home health aide/nursing assistant. Everyone knows this. These type of jobs are for extra money and to gain experience in patient care. I felt the owners of this specific franchise were very nice people, so were the staff. I understood I would not be paid that much, for various reasons the market has decided that this is a low-paying job, but I worked this job in the hopes of attending nursing school. I always got my miles reimbursed. It did stink when my hours were cut due to loss of clients, but that's the nature of the business.
Pros
I enjoyed spending time with my clients and their families.
Cons
hours cut on short notice, miles on car
Lot of Driving
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 11, 2018
it's a good stepping stone job if you want to get into Elderly care but not something for longterm in my opinion. But a good starting place to build a Resume.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
long car rides
Helped me with a schedule that I could do
Professional Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Good business, they set me up with a client at the Consultation.
My Client was a lovely elderly lady who basically just wanted companionship. I enjoyed listening to all her life stories. I took her to her hair and nail appointments. Helped her with her basic house cleaning and wrote out checks for her so she could get her bills paid.

Hardest part was that sometimes it would be very uneventful at her place. I often fought fatigue. But overall it was a nice job
Pros
Very nice lady, very gracious
Cons
Long slow uneventful hours
friendly
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 6, 2018
great place to work, management very friendly and receptive to hours you are able to work. Patients are very receptive to care. Great place to work at.
very relax working environment
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NCJanuary 5, 2018
awesome company, management is very professional and friendly. love taking care of seniors and leaving a smile on their faces.very flexible scheduling.
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Right at Home always supplies me with detailed information about the care I give my clients and the nurses are always available if I have questions. It's a big help when I'm going to see a new client.
Friendly staff
Staffing Coordinator/ Care Manager (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 3, 2018
Everyone in the office was friendly. But when it came to training it was not organized, can be stressful at times and would have to work over 50 hours every week.
Working with a Good Team, Love helping people and making a difference in peoples lives
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Right at Home of Salt LakeJanuary 3, 2018
Have a great team in the office that is very supportative even up to the owner of the franchise. Learned that there are people out there that need help, and that a lot of times families do the best they can to assist there family members but most need help. Hardest part of the job is getting famillar with people and caring about them and sometimes they pass away. Best part of the job is to be able to assist clients and their families with their needs for the day even to their last days.
Pros
Great team and back up meet new people and learn about their lives, including assisting doctors and nurses in their time of need
Cons
Can be fast paced or needed patience depending on your client
Complicated Unorganized
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJanuary 3, 2018
This was a very unprofessional experience and the lack of respect was not good. The pay for their employees was low. Their needed to be a better way of training.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no advancement
Working with Alzheimer's patient was very diffacult and rewarding at the same time.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJanuary 1, 2018
I worked with an Alzheimer's patient in her home. Administering medications for the patient. Providing meals and assisted with dressing. I read to her a lot. Communicated to the family on a daily basis. The hardest part is the confusion that they experience as part of the disorder.To be able to help people is rewarding.
Pros
Its very much like visiting your grandmother. It's nice to help someone who really needs the help.
Cons
It can be hard when the patient becomes frustrated or upset.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 1, 2018
Overall a wonderful Job and every client had wonderful stories to tell. there was never a time where I didn't want to be at work. The vibes were very peaceful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.