Right At Home Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for
home health care (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 6, 2016
Patient satisfaction is their number one priority.Employees are greatly appreciated and training programs are fantastic.
Great company to work with.
Supportive aid (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 5, 2016
the job required a lot of travel time to the client's home. Every arrival is a challenge since you never know the mood of the client but, its mostly good. I had learned to support, and care for elderly people in a very careful and respectful way. The supportive team and awesome, not only with the clients but with the aids in general. As well as co-workers, always willing to help in the arise of an emergency. The hardest part of this is the travel time to some long distance locations, but above all, every aspect of this job is enjoyable and very satisfying.
Pros
Great clients to work with.
Cons
Travel time
Job responsabilities
lpn nurse (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 28, 2015
One typical day of job is going to the patients homes and give personal care of hospice patients, long bed resp patients, medication administration based on patient needs. assistance with activities of daily living, transferring and transportation if is need it.
Pros
Excellent if you need to study
Cons
not many hrs per week.
Fun
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIDecember 28, 2015
Everything is great about this job. You have very nice and sweet elderly. Awesome management and staff. Very nice co-workers but then you have some co-workers that just shouldn't be working in health care.
Very nice to there employees
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 22, 2015
While at the patients home you can learn a lot of new things interesting storys. I learned how to be a good listener and to cook new foods.The management is so nice they really care about you and your needs. The hardest part of the job was having to leave a patient.
Pros
They work with your schedule.
Cons
No health insurence for Part time workers.
I love working here
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 17, 2015
This has by far been my favorite company to work for. The only reason I am not staying with them is the pay rate and the fact that I don't like the on call aspect of the job. But the owners and the people I work for are the best and it was a heartbreaking decision to move on,
Pros
great work atmosphere, fun position
Cons
pay
Cheap company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 8, 2015
I usually worked graveyard shift or swings. The AM shift was just not worth it. Too much work for $9/hour. They don't appreciate their CNAs or caregivers enough for me to ever go back.
Pros
Sweet clients, work independently
Cons
The pay
Managment
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIDecember 4, 2015
The management was not good. Many complications. My co-workers were really nice. It was a very slow job and I like more fast pace
Pros
Very flexible schedule
Cons
management
productive and fun workplace
caregiver (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXNovember 24, 2015
you never know what to expect working with dementia patients. you know your doing a good job that really makes you feel good when you go home. its just very hard to get close to someone that is very old because they can decrease very fast.
It's ok
Senior Care, Administrative Assistant Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 18, 2015
It's an ok place to work but I wouldn't recommend for someone of color to work in the office. They really don't appreciate their caregivers even though truth be told they are the backbone of the company. It's a lot of work for not enough money and when you have to do on-call at night you don't get paid by the hour just a flat of 25 dollars a night. I didn't like doing on-call because it kept you from being able to do spend time with your family and you didn't sleep well at night.
Pros
Bonus sometimes.
Cons
Didn't appreciate their employees.

Want to know more about Right At Home?

Ask a question
I enjoy being part of a team that involves other caregivers and families of the clients.
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 13, 2015
This company is family oriented, they work around your school and family schedule as much as possible. They have many college students as employees because of the flexibility and the respect with which they treat their employees.
Pros
I enjoy interacting with the clients and their families.
Cons
The nature of the job is that older people get ill, have to go to the Hospital or expire as part of the normal life span.
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  1818 New York Ave NE, Washington DC 20002November 13, 2015
Worked on computer with Home Trak, tracking caregivers whereabouts and who was available for work. Grading potential caregivers papers. Answered phones and directed to proper co-worker. In meetings, i was the one who recorded the meeting minutes.

All around very enjoyable.

There was nothing hard about the job only making photo copies of potential caregivers records which were not always there.

The most enjoyable was keeping Home Trak.
Fulfilling work experience helping others.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJNovember 10, 2015
I worked with an elderly patient in their home. I also worked closely with the patient's family, which was great practice with patient-centered-care.
A family owned Company
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Hospice Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 10, 2015
I appreciated the chances to work with many different clients with different illness and worked hard with many important clients out of the Hartford Area.
Pros
Many clients to work with
Cons
Sometimes not enough work
Extremely flexible work scheduale
Caregiver/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  variesNovember 9, 2015
I have a very flexible work schedule with Right At Home. This is a very self rewarding job for me. I enjoy working at every clients home.
Pros
Self rewarding caring for the elderly
Cons
not enough hours
Dont let the road end here.......
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2015
If you have a family and need to be stable then don't put all your eggs in this one agency . The owner has no benefits, and is lacking in clientele (West Houston Location)
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits, no hours
No work is available at times
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 7, 2015
It's a nice place to work at if your looking for extra money, like a part time job to take care your personal living needs. Not always have hours for you sometimes weeks or months depending on your perference.
Great company to work for, awesone staff and clients. Owners of company are really nice.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 30, 2015
Depending on the week I had 30 to 50 hours.

some over night (toileting and turn as needed medications, PRN)

day shifts

morning get up dressed fed and light house work, shower if needed

afternoons, house work, change brief/toilet, snack/dinner

evening, pericare, mouth care, change into pj's and into bed.

some needed hoyer's or sara lift's or gaitbelts, or some were stand by assist
Pros
candy on fridays
Cons
didn't allow for time off if needed it they wanted you to work work work
Right At Home
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 26, 2015
Loved the bosses. They were very supportive and understanding. They truly care about their clients. A typical day at work was going from one clients house to the next. Taking care of all of their needs from personal hygiene to housework. I have learned that it takes a great amount of self discipline to take care of the very personal needs of others. I trained many of my co-workers to take on specific tasks that I carefully completed everyday. In this job everyone is responsible for their own clients so there's not much interaction amongst co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what to expect when sent into clients homes. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was helping people in need.
Typical day
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKOctober 23, 2015
Great environment of the older population. Friendly residents but bad management. Do not get paid for all the things a worker does there.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
terrible management