Riley Hospital for Children

Riley Hospital for Children Employee Reviews

Great
MSW Intern (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2015
Riley Hospital for Children has been a great place to work. I have enjoyed my time here as a Social Work Intern and have truly learned a lot.
Top Children's Hospital in the United States
Research and quality (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: lack of opportunity for growth within this department
Wonderful hospital and wonderful place to work! Hospital is dedicated to research. Wonderful team.
Great place to work with less fortunate children
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent co-workers. Typically work three 12hour shifts.
great benefits, terrible management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, good co-workers, flexible hours for school
Cons: compensation, management
I love working here and the benefits are great, but there is a lot of micro managing and terrible compensation.
Exceptional NICU care
Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) RN (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2013
Pros: nicu
Cons: management
Wonderful nurses and professionals striving to improve the lives of NICU tots.
Great People to work along side
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2013
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: downsizing
Great people to work with. At times can be difficult due to working with children with grave diagnoses.
Loved helping the children
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2013
Pros: helping the children
Cons: parking was not adequate
. Congenital defects calls for very special procedures. I learned so much about child surgical care. Typical days are 8 hours. Being a teaching hospital my co-workers were used to teaching and helping out. Hardest part of the job was the burn unit. Most enjoyable part was helping them. Never saw much of management, I am sure they were very busy for it was a large hospital. Overall a great and compassionate place to work and learn
Good relationships between the surgeons and staff/staff & staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2013
The relationships built between the RN staff and the surgeons is unlike most units. There atmosphere is fun, serious, creative, hard, and requires the utmost trust.
Too much tension and gossip
Registrar/Patient Access (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2012
Pros: my paycheck
Cons: had to walk a mile to get to work, non professional, gossip, upper management play favorites...not good at all
Did not like it there at all the five months I worked there...was told I could chillax, read a book, magazine or even browse the net when day was slow and not patients came in and it seems that I was being checked behind when I went on lunch or break. Meaning looking up the history on the computer to see how long I was here or there and all i did was come to work do my job and greet co-workers, stay out of gossip, made sure I did my job to the best of my ability and they ended up transferring a team leader from Methodist to riley and that is when things got childish and cady. It only goes to show grown folks act like children when they feel intimidated........ but this was way back in 2006 and it is 2012 almost 2013 so i am sure there are different leads and management there now....
Providing excellant customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaApril 4, 2012
Pros: working with great staff!
My typical day at work is starting my day with a "good morning and a smile", I believe that this makes your day go very well and very profitable.