Riley Hospital for Children Employee Reviews in United States

A focused and caring place to work.
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 1, 2015
I love working at Riley Hospital for Children. It is a caring place where like minded professionals work together to solve medical problems for children. This is a great place to work if you love working with people.
excellent work environment with well qualified staff
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2015
Great job, being a new graduate I really appreciated the amount of preparation that went into getting each RN comfortable within the role. Excellent staff both peers and management.
Pros
RN retention coordinator, great EAP program
Fast pace and fun work place (Med/Surg)
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2015
Great place to work. Your typical day will be going in getting report from CNA or Nurse. Grab vitals, preform and adl's, intake or output. Depending on the patients that you have you may have feeds or q2 turns. Lab draws are done at 4am and weights at 6. Ortho does rounds at 6am, so if there was anything need to know (pain meds,etc) that will be a great time to ask. Overall, nursing staff is wonderful and friendly. Always make you feel like you are at home.
Great
MSW Intern (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2015
Riley Hospital for Children has been a great place to work. I have enjoyed my time here as a Social Work Intern and have truly learned a lot.
Top Children's Hospital in the United States
Research and quality (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2014
Wonderful hospital and wonderful place to work! Hospital is dedicated to research. Wonderful team.
Pros
patients
Cons
lack of opportunity for growth within this department
Great place to work with less fortunate children
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent co-workers. Typically work three 12hour shifts.
great benefits, terrible management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2014
I love working here and the benefits are great, but there is a lot of micro managing and terrible compensation.
Pros
benefits, good co-workers, flexible hours for school
Cons
compensation, management
Exceptional NICU care
Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2013
Wonderful nurses and professionals striving to improve the lives of NICU tots.
Pros
nicu
Cons
management
Great People to work along side
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2013
Great people to work with. At times can be difficult due to working with children with grave diagnoses.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
downsizing
Loved helping the children
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2013
. Congenital defects calls for very special procedures. I learned so much about child surgical care. Typical days are 8 hours. Being a teaching hospital my co-workers were used to teaching and helping out. Hardest part of the job was the burn unit. Most enjoyable part was helping them. Never saw much of management, I am sure they were very busy for it was a large hospital. Overall a great and compassionate place to work and learn
Pros
helping the children
Cons
parking was not adequate

Want to know more about Riley Hospital for Children?

Ask a question
Good relationships between the surgeons and staff/staff & staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2013
The relationships built between the RN staff and the surgeons is unlike most units. There atmosphere is fun, serious, creative, hard, and requires the utmost trust.
Too much tension and gossip
Registrar/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2012
Did not like it there at all the five months I worked there...was told I could chillax, read a book, magazine or even browse the net when day was slow and not patients came in and it seems that I was being checked behind when I went on lunch or break. Meaning looking up the history on the computer to see how long I was here or there and all i did was come to work do my job and greet co-workers, stay out of gossip, made sure I did my job to the best of my ability and they ended up transferring a team leader from Methodist to riley and that is when things got childish and cady. It only goes to show grown folks act like children when they feel intimidated........ but this was way back in 2006 and it is 2012 almost 2013 so i am sure there are different leads and management there now....
Pros
my paycheck
Cons
had to walk a mile to get to work, non professional, gossip, upper management play favorites...not good at all
Providing excellant customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaApril 4, 2012
My typical day at work is starting my day with a "good morning and a smile", I believe that this makes your day go very well and very profitable.
Pros
working with great staff!

4.2