RING CONTAINER TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

The honest truth
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 25, 2017
The pays is pretty good and they have decent perks like going to hockey games, baseball games, having a softball team. Downfall if you're family oriented you have to work every weekend. Might even have to work both days on the weekend. First shift is the best shift with all the people with experience and who help you out. The other shifts have people who only think about themselves. It takes the company forever to get new employee's. You get free Apples, bananas, and water but that usualy last for 2 days then it's gone. Shift manager's are pretty laid back which is cool. You also have meetings every Wednesday. They usualy bring donuts in for everyone.
Pros
Pretty good pay, free snacks and water, plenty OT, decent perks
Cons
working every weekend, no help, don't have enough employee's
No room for advancement; not family oriented. Lot of mandatory overtime. Severely understaffed.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHMay 2, 2017
Only three production people on shift; extreme amount of overtime, most with very little notice. No room for advancement; expected to do your job and others as well. Management shows a lot of favoritism; works some people to death while not making others even do their assigned work.
Pros
Pays well until youve been there for years.
Cons
Overtime; management
Clean and organized work environment
Facility Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAApril 22, 2017
Generally a good place to work. Often times pass over individuals with good experienced and knowledge for individuals with little experience but higher levels of education. However, Ring is a technology driven company which provides opportunity at all levels within the company. Pay and benefits are competitive Work environment is clean and organized.
Pros
Clean work environment, competetive compensation
Cons
Advancement for non-degreed individuals is difficult
wasnt a good place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 13, 2017
no night bonus, always wanting more, no advancement for a year.theres times where i had nothing to do. Always on your case about getting things done that you have already done
Pros
some management where nice
Cons
no night bonus
not a good place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 2, 2017
no advancement low job morale and poor management they try to talk to the workers like their dumb and kids they don't respect the workers at all !!!!!
Nice place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 9, 2017
I was only at Ring for 8 months, it was a friendly place to work. I did a lot of preventative maintenance. It is a growing company and was expanding when I left there. It was repetitive work for the most part.
Good people long weeks
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Good place to work but may have to put your family to the side you will work 6 days a wee and all holidays people on the floor a great to work with
Pros
Tons of over time
Cons
Work 6 days a week and all holidays
Productive environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
Demanding work with equipment; management is friendly; you will learn a lot if you choose to about the day to day operations in the facility; hours are subject to change
Excellent place to work
Machinist for set (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILDecember 29, 2016
Best job i ever had. Payed well with benefits this was a company that cared. Great hours. Always kept training to improve everyones skills.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hair nets
I liked the job but not the environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 24, 2016
The job can be taxing physically, but overall you are taught the skills needed to do the job well. There is no advancement in the plant. There is no recognition for going above and beyond anyone else
Pros
Snacks and free water
Cons
Health insurance, management, incentives
Hard place to work my recommended
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 7, 2016
As a former maintenance technician, I was very frustrated with the way we were managed. You are forced to work overtime for straight pay on holiday weeks. Constantly watched and evaluated for work performance. The plant has a call out system for any machine problem so you have to hear 2 or 3 hundred callouts per day (very annoying). the noise in the plant is so loud you can expect hearing damage even with hearing protection. They have goal setting objectives that are rarely obtainable so when it comes to raise time they hold that that against you. Favoritism is the flavor of the month so be aware of that.
Pros
Clean food grade plant
Cons
Young managers that don't know what they are doing
One of the best places that I have worked since living in Decatur
Production Worker (Innovative Staff Solutions) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 17, 2016
Ring Container was a great place to work. Management was helpful and the employees were very friendly. I really enjoyed working there but I was only a temporary employee. I wish I would have taken the job they offered!!
Decent company
Corporate Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, TNJune 24, 2016
Company provides a decent work environment. Quality products are produced. My main issue with the company are the political games and posturing between corporate executives. It has led to instability in the work place. I have no faith in the current management team.
Pros
Quality products manufactured
Cons
Questionable management
great people and place to work
Packer/ Forklift Clamp Operator (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 18, 2016
Really enjoyed working in a fast paced kitchen, we prepped and coked food to order, very friendly owners and great people to work with.
this was a very hectic place to work at.
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 17, 2015
This job requires a lot of constant moving around on the job as needed for the job. Most of the down stream part of the jobs can be very hectic and demanding at times.
Pros
Most of the people are good to work with., The company does have a good program for the wellness of its employees.
Cons
The benefits are not all that great, and I personally dont think the wages are that good for that type of work.
family oriented innovative workplace
Process Improvement Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 17, 2015
Everyday was a little more exciting than the day before. I learned how to interact with a diverse group of individuals. I also took part in a management course where I increased my "people" skills, I was told by one of my Maintenance techs that the course improved my communication skills.
Nice place to work
(Warehouse Associate/Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ArJune 26, 2015
I started off as an temp and been here every since. I also helped run the off sight warehouse another guy and I with no manager present just us two.
Pros
The workers are nice
Cons
Education and experience dont matter as i was told.
Ring
Management (Former Employee) –  Oakland, TNMay 20, 2015
Small to mid-sized plants.
Good work life balance.
Poor leadership at plant level.
Little advancement opportunities.
Often stuck in dogmatic practices.
productive fun place to work at
Quality Control Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHNovember 14, 2014
very family oriented environment, they made you feel part of a family and a team rathe than just a co worker
Packer/ Labor/ Operator/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 12, 2014
This was a fast pace job. I enjoyed working for them. The staff was super friendly. I got along with everybody. I packed bottles and ran the case erector, checked the bottles for quality, and did other task.