Ring Power Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great reputable company to work for
Senior Service Administrator and Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLMarch 28, 2016
Ring Power was like family to me. It was a large enough private owned business that you still gelt like you knew everyone but as a company expands several states. I held several jobs at Ring Power. The work load was never too overwhelming, came more in spurts. The most challenging part of the job is being a female in a male dominated, service oriented company. If you are in a sales or service department then you have opportunities of advancing in your career but if you are in a non revenue department then the chances get slim. Its all still a great challenge though. The President of the company is very friendly and makes a point to say hello, unheard of these days.
Pros
401k and profit sharing
Cons
Management needs reviewed and held accountable.
Great Company
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 2, 2015
Loved working there- Great atmosphere. A lot of fun and exciting times. A lot of great employees work there and they care about each other. Fun and Supportive to each other
Cons
computer systems were antiquated!
Productive and organized place to work in
H/E Truck Sales Administrative (Current Employee) –  Saint AugustineJuly 20, 2015
I would love to continue to work here given the opportunity. This is a wonderful company to be affiliated with. I enjoy the environment and although some people are snotty my overalll experience at Ring Power is awesome!!!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Snooty co-workers
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 10, 2015
Being secretary to the president of the company and holding down the front desk were a great and enjoyable challenge. I greeted customers, assisted all salesmen, set up events and luncheons, and made sure that the company was kept in good and presentable form. I got a better understanding of professionalism when dealing with big money people. Management was all about encouraging their employees to be better educated in their positions with the company and provided them means of doing so. Building strong relationships within the company was a main objective. My co-workers were a great group of people. The hardest part of this job was learning the equipment types so that I could better help the caller, and answering a 24-line switchboard between all the other work required of me. But it was doable. I thoroughly enjoyed my job when I was needed for interpreting Spanish to English during a sale and enjoyed meeting people from various parts of the world. The atmosphere in this workplace was pleasing to the soul.
Pros
educating people, self improvement seminars, telecommunication classes
A good place to work if you don't have to deal with upper management
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 9, 2014
The upper management is not in sync with the "common" workers. There is a lot of turnover due to the poor management culture. Very strict drug testing policy with multiple repeat random testing, they test 50% of the people. Don't get a serious illness while on their medical plan. They do find ways to let you go. The inequality will take you back to the 50's and 60's. Great place to work if you are a man.
Pros
good benefits, nice location
Cons
poor management, extremely high rate of turnover, low wages
It was a difficult job and you wore many hats.
Director of Compliance (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 27, 2012
A typical day started with anwering phone messages and emails.

Once those were all answered, I would work on customer compliance packages. Each customer would have, its own set of questions. Most I could answer, but others I could not and then I would have to contact a service manager to complete certain sections. This was the most difficult part of my job.

I learned to write policies. I enjoyed writing them even thought they were difficult to write. They were difficult due to so much much research went into them. Each policy took so long to write.

I have made a lot of friends working here. We all helped each other out.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping employing with their 401k plan. I was the administrator of the Plan.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no loyalty
Good comany, but
Electrician (Former Employee) –  enclosure shopJune 5, 2012
if this is for the generator enclosure shop downtown long hours 60hrs a week. pay was good , had to go threw aerotek for a trial period this is production type work, most of the workers here are great people but get ready for some politics in the electric shop!
large turnover
Pros
pay
Cons
60 hrs a week burns you out
worked hard
Frank Kingley, Service Mgr (Former Employee) –  floridaFebruary 20, 2014
very hot, worked long hours, many and many weekends and 32hr days, did get a lot of experience managing multiple repairs at the same time. good training
Sales Manager
Products Support Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlOctober 1, 2012
Currently working for Ring Power, as a Product Support Sales Manager.

Comment – January 5, 2013

Is previous sales experience a requirement for this position? Is training paid?

Ring Power Corporation Reviews by Job Title