The Sales Engineer will have a focus on our direct sales teams and assist with sales and product demos, RFP’s, implementations, account management, and technical escalations, with a strong emphasis on Data Networking, PBX Configuration, and SIP.
· Provide account management to all customers
· Provide onsite implementations and demos when requested by department manager
· Provide remote implementations and demos as requested by the sales team
· Be readily available to the sales team on location in San Mateo or Denver Office 8 hours a day
· Provide remote support or implementation of escalated accounts assigned by department manager
· Present advanced technical concepts through demonstrations, product overviews, and sales presentations
· Develop advanced system configurations and implementations in response to customer needs and requirements
· Develop and maintain expert understanding of all RingCentral applications and products
· Deliver sales and training programs to prospective and existing clients and sales team
· Develop relationships with customers, sales and support teams, become a product and customer advocate, and provide world class technical support
· Participate in the creation of training materials, technical documents, and product feedback
· Representation at conferences, industry, and sales events when requested by department manager
· Moderate travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, marketing, telecommunications or related field.
- 3+ years experience of sales and network engineering experience in a telecommunications provider or telecom vendor environment
- Strong understanding of networking, including NAT Traversal for VoIP
- Strong understanding of VoIP protocols: SIP, RTP, RTCP-XR
- Strong understanding of PBX configuration and engineering
- Strong understanding and expertise with current and emerging telecommunications technologies and associated protocols, to include Layer2 or Layer3 services, VoIP,Metro Ethernet, VPNs, Frame Relay, DSL, IP, MPLS, IP Telephony, CoS, QoS technologies, and the OSI model.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with software essential to the job, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Any of the following is a huge plus: ACME, Empirix, Kamailio/OpenSips
- Self-starter with excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to prioritize tasks and organize workflow accordingly
Founded in 1993, RingCentral, Inc. is a leading supplier of PC-based fax and telephony communications software. The company makes and...