Rio Grande Regional Hospital

Rio Grande Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Maintaining errands
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 9, 2015
Simple, but at times, often a fast-paced work ethic. Co-volunteers are friendly, as well as the faculty. Learned many methods of interaction with patients, visitors, co-volunteers, physicians, nurses, other health care providers, faculty and management. The hardest part of the job is maintaining errands alone.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Understaffed.
Busy
RN (Current Employee) –  Mcallen, TXOctober 19, 2015
Great physicians and coworkers. Need to hire more staff to adjust for more admissions coming from freestanding facilities.
I am just going to say that I found a family in that Hospital
Respiratory Therapist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 9, 2015
Always a challenge, new day new adventure. A hospital with a lot of technology available to help people, excellent trainings for every area, and a good coordination among departments to help patient well being.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
POOR HUMAN RESORCES SKILLS TO INVESTIGATE THE TRUE AND SOLVE STAFF CONFLICTS
Nice place to work at
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 26, 2015
Nice place to work at. Clean environment. Friendly staff. Coworkers always had positive attitude and made work fun. Supervisors were supportive of new ideas.
Great Place to work, excellent team
Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 22, 2015
The schedule varies, some days are very productive and others are not because it is acute care. The other therapist are very knowledgable and easy to get along with.
Pros
PRN pay rate
Cons
Unpredictable work schedule
Rewarding
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 29, 2015
It was good to work for this hospital. I worked nights, I enjoyed working with co-workers that made my job easier and fun.
Productive and fun place to work
food production (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 8, 2015
great people, great management, great benefits, flexible hours. HCA is a great company to work for. Pay is not competitive.
Pros
Free lunch
Medical Office Specialsit-Externship
Medical office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi TxNovember 12, 2014
assisted receptionist on a daily basis by answering phones and other duties as requested. Loved my job as well
Great management; Awesome co-workers
RN Catheterization Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: minimal micromanagement from management and pay descent compared to other areas in the hospital
Cons: hours are not guaranteed always; at times it
is difficult to make 40 hours a week and at other times the work week is long with 50+ hours
a great place to learn
Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 9, 2014
Its a good place to learn a bit of everything with in the department you are working in, staff is helpful and nice
Productive and Exciting Place
Patient Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 21, 2014
Employees would get bonus's regarding their hard work. Compensation and benefits were good.
The Best......
Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 16, 2014
As a first year nurse, i learned so much at this hospital that i am forever thankful for. I would highly recommend this hospital as i work with incredible charge nurses and a great night shift team. Miss you all!
Employees work together as a team, making it a very efficient environment.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 14, 2013
The staff is very knowledgeable in their respective areas.
productive and stable work place
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 11, 2013
I worked on a busy Telemetry floor with good charge nurse professionalism. I was able to transfer to work in the Emergency Room. I learned how to do effective patient care in a crisis situation
Pros
positive work place
Fast paced and always something to do
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 10, 2013
As in any working environment, what makes the place somewhere you want to work, or clockout as soon as your time is up, is the people you work with. Sometimes it was great working there as everyone pitched in and things got done quickly and efficiently. At other times, so people just plain disliked working and would follow the rule of minimum effort. In all, keeping yourself busy and learning as much as possible, proved to be an ok place to work and sharpen your skills.
Pros
free lunch and gift cards
Cons
short breaks, health care for prn workers
Dependable
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 16, 2013
Everyday is different. different patients , same routine and procedures
staff nurse
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 7, 2013
This is a great company to work for. During my employment I had the privilege of working with all kinds of people. I learned that most people are very grateful with any small gesture or compassion.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
standing on your feet for long periods of time
Good working culture
Staff Nurse in NICU (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 6, 2013
It is a good hospital to work. good Management. Co-workers and other staff are very help ful
Pros
good managment
Busy fast paced work environment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 28, 2012
Greet patients, register patients, data entry, filing. At the hospital I learned how to register patients in Outpatient, Emergency, and Labor and Delivery. Management was wonderful as well as my fellow co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the hours once I was able to learn the different departments procedures. The most enjoyable part was being in a great environment where the co-workers help each other and are nice and courteous.
Pros
good pay, great work environment
Cons
variable hours
I give this hospital 95-100%.
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR in ICU/CARDIOTHORACIC ICU (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 8, 2012
I'm now a Family Nurse Practitioner after working more than 17 years at Rio Grande Regional Hospital and I still yearn to work in this place. RGRH/HCA had help me improved my skills and made me a better nurse that I am today. I love the management and the environment. I will work as full time FNP when they have an opening in a heartbeat. The management acknowledge monthly birthdays with free lunch, give us free yearly employee picnic,100% educational reimbursement, gift card on Christmas, gifts on nurses week/hospital day, and have an open CEO meetings for employees best of all; my director in ICU doesn't play favorites and she hears all sides of the story of any employee's grievances. I love her as such.The CNO makes daily rounds in all departments and the employees can talk to her. I appreciate her dearly. My heartful thanks to the managerment and corporation if I leave the place.
Pros
see review
Cons
no free meal for fnp's and pa's unlike other hospitals within the area.

4.4