RIO GRANDE Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We had many loyal customers who were fun to serve. Managers were fun and easy to talk to. Hardest part of the job would dealing with rude customers but most of the time managers would help out with those situations.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Giving up weekends
Great Company and Experience
Individual Contractor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2016
This was a great and rewarding experience. I loved working with children and planning education activities to expand their knowledge. I would manage children throughout the day and preform educational activities to get the children excited about learning. The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye to the children that left the program. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children's faces once they understood the learning concept of the day.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
A job wear you are a family
Host (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 27, 2016
At Rio, you really are family. The staff is very friendly and close together. Management was very laid back and easy to work with. I was often given too many work hours and forced to stay really late.
I have felt better about other jobs.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILJanuary 22, 2016
This place has great food and a positive fun environment. working here is a nightmare unless you are related to one of the store owners. they will short your pay FREQUENTLY. they will serve alcohol to minors and force you too as well or you risk being fired. And the owner is very touch with his female employees. I thought i would love working there, i was wrong.
Pros
good food.
Cons
everything else
A day in the Rio Kitchen
Lead Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJanuary 5, 2016
II punch in and immediately start cooking on the line. I do some prep through the evening. At the end of the night I clean the kitchen and punch out.
interesting place to work
Puller (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 27, 2015
A typical day at work would be walking up and down a conveyor pulling orders.
I did learn some basic computer skills while I was there.The "participative management" model meant the managers were not really involved,you were not directly supervised.
My Co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to transfer to a more suitable position, because of the clickish high school environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job, weekends off .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
The favoritism, nepotism, cronyism, high school environment.
Part-time
server (Current Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 16, 2015
Beneficial work experience.
Fun place to work.
Enjoyable co-workers.
Opportunities to move up within the company.
Supportive managers.
Great food!
Good place to work if co worker were team players
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 16, 2014
I could have stayed longer if they would have giving some help during busy days. I did lots of double shifts and they they didn't offer any assistace when needed. I have done dishwashing for 15 to 20 years in different places and this was the first place where no one offer to help if necessary.
Pros
location was great for me to walk to work
Cons
coworker were no team players
Culturally diverse work enviornment
Customer Service, Sales Agent, Call (Former Employee) –  Albuqueruqe, New MexicoJune 23, 2014
Answering phones, placing orders, returns, customer service.
8+ years of experience in SAP as an ABAP consultant with core strength in all aspects of development expertise in ABAP during implementation/Global ro
SAP ABAP Developer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2013
I am the core team member and senior analyst programmer in the above projects. I have been working in onsite part of implementation and support.
Work and home
Busser (Former Employee) –  Lonetree, COOctober 10, 2013
A typical day at work is honestly great. I loved the enviorment and atmosphere they provided. It was something that i appreciated from the company. I learned that things happen and there are things you can't control, but at the same time i coulddn't get enough of the constant loving feeling they gave me. My co-workers were definitely welcoming and they showed determination. The hardest part i would have to say was the trays, they were heavy but i learned to master it. I feel that the best part was seeing the costumers leave with the biggest smile and know that I have a part in having them return even happier.
Tex Mex Restaraunt
Server/Expo/Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 26, 2013
Take care of customers by getting them their food and beverages. Have a relaxed atmosphere, and let it be a safe haven for guest to get away from the problems of the world. The management don't care though if you work really hard, you are not a person to them, you are an employee that they can be replace. The coworkers were the best thing, they are so friendly and have become some my best friends.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
no healthcare benefits.
Very busy, all about profit
runner (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 21, 2013
I didn't like working for this cmpany, because they were dividing money equally among the people who weren't working hard and the ones who were.