RIO GRANDE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
productive
Server (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 6, 2017
Management was great! Life at work was fun and very productive. Only thing I did not enjoy was that the hours were long and hardly any days off. Other then that I loved every bit of my job.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
long days
A fun place to work.. if you can survive the culture.
Warehouse Expert I (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 31, 2016
Rio Grande is a fun job. When I started I expected to be surrounded by some great minds because of the serious hoops I had to jump through to get hired. It turned out to be just another job with the same banal people as any other job.

The culture is something else, Rio Grande has a Participative Management system with a nearly flat hierarchy. This system is set up so that everyone is a manager over everyone else on a given team. This is nice in principal but sticky in practice because some people who are prone to micro-managing are able to make life difficult for everyone else. Other people who just don't care and are just collecting a paycheck are another major problem.

Overall, Rio is not the place for me.. but I can understand why so many people there have been on the staff for 10+ years.
Great Company and Experience
Individual Contractor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2016
This was a great and rewarding experience. I loved working with children and planning education activities to expand their knowledge. I would manage children throughout the day and preform educational activities to get the children excited about learning. The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye to the children that left the program. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children's faces once they understood the learning concept of the day.
Pros
Flexible hours
interesting place to work
Puller (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 27, 2015
A typical day at work would be walking up and down a conveyor pulling orders.
I did learn some basic computer skills while I was there.The "participative management" model meant the managers were not really involved,you were not directly supervised.
My Co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to transfer to a more suitable position, because of the clickish high school environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job, weekends off .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
The favoritism, nepotism, cronyism, high school environment.
Culturally diverse work enviornment
Customer Service, Sales Agent, Call (Former Employee) –  Albuqueruqe, New MexicoJune 23, 2014
Answering phones, placing orders, returns, customer service.
8+ years of experience in SAP as an ABAP consultant with core strength in all aspects of development expertise in ABAP during implementation/Global ro
SAP ABAP Developer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2013
I am the core team member and senior analyst programmer in the above projects. I have been working in onsite part of implementation and support.