Rio Hondo College

Rio Hondo College United States Employee Reviews

Good Company
Intern (Former Employee), Whittier, CAFebruary 3, 2015
good company to work for not enough money for interns. Really good for hands on experiences, Can get a bit cliquey otherwords a good company to gain hands on expiernece
Wonderful place to work!
Student Ambassador/Riosource Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Whittier, CAAugust 14, 2014
I am very independent in this position, with weekly meetings with my superiors. In these meetings I get my assignments and weekly duties and then I am expected to complete these on my own. I have kind and flexible managers and really enjoy working here.
student worker position by fafsa
Student Worker (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: on campus
Cons: pay was little
Working with the customers there is annoying just like every other place because everyone feels entitled to be jerks for some reason. It was over all a good experience and it was great way to balance school because they understand that school is our priority.
Learned how to think out of the box to teach students.
Tutor (Former Employee), Whittier, CASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: friendly staff and detail oriented
Cons: students would not allow enough study time for exams.
I learned how to adapt to different learning styles and found ways to motivate students. I would also help students understand how to overcome personal struggles they had to overcome in order to be successful.
The school has a new campus lay out and library.
Clerk III (Former Employee), 3600 Workman Mill Rd. Whittier, CA 90601August 22, 2013
Pros: close to home.
Cons: parking.
Typical day covered a list of tasks, correspondence by phone, letter and e-mail, to and from students and co-workers. Weekly scheduling of inter-office workers and their time and effort reports which calculated their weekly payroll.
The best part of any day was networking with other department in achieving a goal or task. The hardest part of the job was seeing tools that are available to make ones job easier squandered.
Very fun and productive
Intern (Current Employee), Whittier, CAJune 12, 2013
Pros: good people, relaxed mood, diverse population
Cons: lots of papperwork, no pay.
Very good atmosphere, great coworkers. Interns dont get paid but it is a great way to learn a craft.
its a good college
Federal Work Student (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMay 20, 2013
i didnt work there, i went to school there. classes can be difficult to get in at first, always crowded.
Productive at your own pace, good work with co-workers
GIS Clerk Technician (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMay 24, 2012
Pros: learning more with my boss
Cons: expending more time at school
talk about project and going to field
and lerning more about survaying and designing and co-workwer very friendly everything was nice and no hard work and what I enjoyed in my job is the good relationship with the architect who at the same time was my teacher and my boss he is a really very nice person.