Rio Salado College Employee Reviews

Lots of Potential
INCARCERATED RE-ENTRY OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Tempe, ArizonaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Higher Education
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the students who were incarcerated and there parents. I enjoyed providing answers to the questions they had and clearing up any confusion about out enrollment processes.
Should be better.
Adjunct Instructor of English as a Second Language (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: Teaching part of the job is good. Pay per hour is decent.
Cons: Poor managment, expected to do more than one is paid for.
The ELA (ESL) department is a mess. Unprofessional and expecting much more work than they pay for on an hourly contract.

The actual job and teaching is mostly good, but much meddling from management.

There's a nice system tying all the Maricopa Community Colleges together and increases the chance to grab better work and large amount of opportunities. The problem, many of the jobs are temporary or contracts which do not allow you to work more than 19.5 hours total unless hired full-time.
It's great to know you're helping people in the community
Part time instructor (Current Employee), PhoenixApril 27, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, respectful career
Cons: No Benefits
There's nothing more gratifying than knowing that you've helped someone succeed in achieving their academic goals. As long as you adhere to the College guidelines and stick to the standards, you can enjoy flexible hours and reasonable pay for your time. The future salaries of part time teachers will rely on performance, so I would keep an eye on that checklist, and be a team player.
Experience/eduation is not rewarded in salary
GED Instructor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 2, 2015
Cons: teaching in the heat w/o a.c.
Earning $15/hr with 4 college degrees is not rewarding. Locations were not convenient and there seemed to be some management issues with hiring/scheduling, etc.
Flexible, No micro-management, Great Second job
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 1, 2015
If you can manage your time and follow clearly defined departmental guidelines, you will enjoy helping students achieve their goals.
Overall Rating of Rio Salado College is High
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2014
Pros: professional atmosphere
Cons: no benefits
Rio Salado College is one of the 10 community colleges within the Maricopa Community College District in Phoenix, Arizona. Rio Salado is a unique institution, named "The College Without Walls". It is comprised on a large operations building as well as many satellite campus throughout Maricopa County. I was housed in the main administration building and acted as one of the security offices. The college is open extended business hours during the week and on weekends. High traffic flow is very common at all hours. The administrative staff is very professional and supportive of their staff personnel.

I enjoyed assisting students directing them to their respective destinations.

I did not encounter extreme difficulties in any facet of this position.
Southern location staff and managment were great.
Safety Officer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 4, 2014
Pros: great staff.
Cons: no job security or benifits.
Greet students and staff. Enjoyed meeting new students. The Southern location staff and management was great to work with.
Co-workers were great to work with and I took a leadership roll. The hardest part of the job was lack of training which sometimes caused mistakes for me and my co-workers. I learned that you must be proactive.
Delivery of on line programs
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 28, 2014
Diverse student population many from under served cultures. Enjoyed working with students.
Productive and Fun
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 13, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, ability to study while traveling.
Cons: no ability to speak to advisement counselors in person.
A typical full time schedule at Rio Salado College would be studying at the library. Classes include a flexible block schedule that starts any Monday. Last classes I took were child development, children's literature and college reading. I learned about the wonderful world of children's books.
An "ok" place to work.
Administrative Secretary III (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 26, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: location, low pay, no growth potential
Nothing overly great about this position. Management was subpar, no growth potential, low pay.
Very productive, learned a lot, especially SharePoint skills
Course Production Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: opportunity to learn new programs, meet new people
Cons: low pay scale, hard to advance
Some of the co-workers were very productive and tuned into company needs. Others just wanted to get by. I found it difficult to work with people who were just putting in hours instead of really focusing on the job.
Forward thinking and dedicated to finding the best ways to serve students.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 18, 2013
RSC is a fun place to work with a dynamic team. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students using what you have helped create. The hardest part of the job is ensuring minimal impact to students.
Nice Place to work
Site Office Coordinator (Current Employee), ArizonaDecember 3, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: hours, advancement
Overall good company, the process for being hired full time is a long one.
GREAT place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZAugust 27, 2012
Pros: learning about student enrollment
Cons: long hours
Fast Paced environment with the opportunity to meet and greet many different people. I learned different enrollment procedure and taught student how to operate computer software. I management was excellent I truly enjoyed working for my supervisors and I know I was a huge asset to the Computer Lab. My co-workers were great to work with training the new staff was a blast. I found that they were for the most part fast learners such as my self. The hardest part of the job was leaving my position to find a better opportunity. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with all of the students as well as the staff.
Wonderful support from Department Chairs
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 24, 2012
I taught classes on a High School campus for the college and received wonderful guidance and feedback when needed to ensure my dual enrollment students were receiving comprehensive instruction from me.