Riparian Data is where big data meets enterprise email. We're building a smarter inbox for mobile workers.
Hiring: Agile Product Owner/Product Manager
The verb coordinate means “to combine in harmonious relation or action.” We are looking for a perceptive, diplomatic extrovert to do just that. In this case, you’ll be coordinating the needs of our users with the skills of our developers and the advice of our stakeholders. If you were the type of kid who liked to take control of group projects, if you are the designated vacation organizer, if you speak Java from one side of your mouth and American English from the other—we probably want to hear from you. To find out if the feeling is mutual, read on.
- Gathers user requirements to determine project priorities for a web-based application
- Interfaces with and engages customers to get their feedback
- Acts as representative for users within the company, helping to shape the look, feel, flow, and functionality of the software
- Strategic planning for both the short term and long term direction of the product
- Coordinates between departments about product status, direction, and requirements
- Interfaces with stakeholders, the ScrumMaster, and the management team
- Communicates the product vision to the team and ensures work is directed towards that vision
- Breaks user requirements down into specific features and functionality
- Reports directly to the CEO
- Experience working in a customer-facing role dealing with software products
- Ability to interface with users and empathize with their needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interface on a technical level with developers of the product
- Analytical skills and the ability to take feedback, break it down into specific requirements, and prioritize those requirements based on business needs
- Organization skills and the ability to coordinate multiple people or departments towards a common goal
Icing on the Cake:
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiarity with lean Startup techniques
- Experience with enterprise workers or customers in a corporate setting
- Experience with web applications or mobile applications
But what’s the job like?
Here’s the deal: our developers are building a web application, and it’s your job to make ensure that what they build jives with what our target audience needs. We follow the Lean Startup guidelines and adhere to a one-week sprint cycle, so iterations are constant and efficient. Most of the team works on the same floor, and often in the same room, so there is lots of in-person interaction. You’ll be speaking with users frequently, and you’ll have a hand in both the short and long-term vision for the product.
It’s an exciting time to be in the mobile enterprise space, and we believe that what we’re creating will influence it in a big way.
Indeed - 7 months ago
- 1 day ago
- 1 day ago
- 2 days ago
Easily apply to this job
Riparian Data uses big data to make small inboxes. We're a spinout from SoftArtisans, which has been making killer Microsoft reporting softw...