RIPLEY'S ENTERTAINMENT

RIPLEY'S ENTERTAINMENT Employer Reviews

So much fun!
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2013
This was by far my most fun place of employment! Great museums and interesting day to day duties! The only con would be that it was min wage.
They only want to hire school kids
guest admissions (Former Employee), Gatlinburg tnNovember 8, 2012
Pros: attraction exchange with out attractions
Cons: they only want young kids so they dont have to give benefits
there is no room for advancement or even benefits.
They will not hire full time employees
Creative Environment
Design Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2012
opportunity to work for a large company was great but the project was quick
Used to be a great place to work but no so much anymore.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Gatlinburg, TNOctober 1, 2012
Pros: great lower level enjoyable people to work with.
Cons: short breaks when busy, no more benefits, lack of communication, and un-caring mgmt.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers, short hours and no more benefits. Most co-workers are great but always a few bad apples in every bunch. Lots of cleaning.
Unstable Leadership
Retail Manager (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: look's like fun untill you start.
Cons: long hours, no communication, low pay....i could go on but i'll stop.
Pretty simply break down regarding this position. The communication between aquarium management and the retail girt shop is non existent, meaning if your in need of support...good luck in finding it!

The communication between the retail manager and the senior retail management team based in the US can be described as crude. The communication style – more... from the VP level and down is harsh and without mercy. If you like being told what to do in an unprofessional manner while someone pulls rank on you...this is the perfect job for you!

You have no work life balance, the max salary for the position is 55k. The posting will require you to have 8-10 years retail management experience. If you have 8-10 years as a retail manager 55k is selling yourself short.

In short, I wish someone had disclosed this information to me before I took the position. I submitted my resignation notice almost 3 weeks in. Upon doing so I was promptly confronted by the GM and HR manager and escorted out of the building. Oh, funny thing...that was the first time in my 3 weeks with Ripley's I had any meaningful contact with the GM or HR...stop and think about that for a second, HR should be the first person you meet upon hire. If you have talent, experience and drive, this job is not for you. It's a dead end, don't let the Ripley's brand fool you...like it did with me

Good luck! – less

About RIPLEY'S ENTERTAINMENT

Ripley Entertainment Inc. operates the most successful chain of walk-through attractions in the world (presently 48 attractions – Read more