RISE Employee Reviews

Good Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ and St. George, UtahSeptember 21, 2016
Rise overall is a wonderful company however the Tucson management is not truthful and not fair. Have to be a good friend to the head person in Tucson to get anywhere. Always criticizes you if your not on the good list of the top manager.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
New director 7 times since I worked for the company for 9 years
Fun place to work
Employment (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2016
Fun environment. Very flexible. Company works hard at providing up to date training for new techniques. Management is awesome.
Not much room to move up within the company. Pay is decent but don't count on getting a raise.
Fun, and productive work envirnment.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  6210 South Redwood RoadJune 16, 2016
I'd pick up the kids from school. Take them to the activity for the day. Help them with whatever they needed. Be a friend to them, and make their day a good one. I learned a ton from the kids, and became more patient with them as time went on. The management was good there. My coworkers were great to be around to with helpful tips on how to handle certain situations. The hardest part is probably when the kids were throwing a fit. Because certain technics to calm down some of the kids wouldn't work for the others. The most enjoyable part was just being there for the kids. Because brightening up their days, brightened up mine.
Pros
friendships with the kiddos
Cons
when the kids would get upset.
Creating Opportunities!
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 18, 2016
RISE is a great company. In Oregon, it is a fast growing company and with that comes some growing pains, however, the company is striving to improve processes and to address issues while being on the forefront of providing the best care and the most innovative support. The people are fantastic, everyone from co-workers to clients to families. RISE is becoming more well known in the community and is increasing in both it's scope of services and also the amount of people for which they are able to provide services. In Portland, the Coordinators have sincere care for their clients and are flexible and considerate of their Direct Support Professionals. The DSPs provide wonderful care and support to the clients, embodying the mission of RISE to create opportunities for and with people. The Portland crew is a fun bunch of folks, they are accessible and easy to work with. A lack of staff is a shortfall for the company as this makes for a lengthy wait time on some occasions for families hoping to utilize RISE for supports. This company is always in a process of recruitment and hiring as access to services becomes a reality for more people. They have referral bonuses for staff, paid trainings and ongoing support. DSPs are equipped with CPR/FA certification, Oregon Intervention Systems Training and ongoing access to fantastic Behavior Specialists who help the DSPs navigate the client's goals and the time they spend with their client. Despite the need for increased wages particularly for DSPs, the the personal rewards from this work is great and the pay is fair. RISE is working to advocate  more... alongside others in this field to RAISE THE WAGE for service providers.  less
Pros
Positive, meaningful work and innovative, supportive company. Flexible schedules and caring management.
Cons
Lower end wages.
Great people to work with
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 6, 2016
My typical day when school was in session was to wake up erly showered and dressed the kids make sure that they are delivered to school and my autistic child was ready to be picked up by his bus and made sure that his back pack was supplied with diapers snacks and extra clothing.
Pros
I got to stay home with my own kids
Cons
Waking up 5 times at night to make sure that Levi was still asleep n his bed.
Good place if you like to work on your own with minimal supervision
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORJuly 20, 2016
Rise posts ads on craigslist for Direct Support Professionals (DSP), but their ads are fairly vague. I was desperate and so I took a chance anyway. You can also apply via their website, but again the job description will be lacking on all fronts.

After I was hired, I found that I was going to be working with individuals who have developmental disabilities. This was totally out of left field and I wasn't sure it was going to be a good fit for me. But after I started I realized that I could be responsible for making a great impact on someone's life. That's what you'll be doing here, with Rise.

Let's be honest, you're basically a subcontractor for DHS (state), which is where all the money comes from in the first place. You meet with your supervisor once a month to sort out your upcoming schedule and catch up, but most of the time you're out with your client helping them to become more engaged in the community. Sometimes you might have to help them in the bathroom or deal with a mess you never saw coming.

Overall, it's not a bad job. However, it's a field with a high turnover rate because you either like it or you don't. Being a DSP isn't for everyone as it will test you on every level of your personality. Yeah, that's a vague statement, but it's true and if you work for Rise you'll come to experience things you never imagined, some good and others not so good.
Pros
Autonomy, you get paid to hangout with someone
Cons
Not a long-term career field
great job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZOctober 31, 2016
This was a great job and work experience gained here was very helpful in continuing employment and education. Company is excelllent to work for and recommend it.
Personable company
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTOctober 4, 2016
They were always willing to work with my schedule. The pay wasn't great but the company was pleasant to work with and I loved the work I was doing. They didn't provide health care.
Pros
worked with my schedule
Cons
no health care, low pay
Where change happens.
Community Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  CrytstalJuly 6, 2016
The staff there are great and the people we serve are wonderful. We're a family here all working towards promoting independence and self sufficiency. During my time here I've learned how to document health concerns, physical changes, recognize certain behaviors as well as what triggers them. I've also learned how to complete quarterlies and annuals.
Its fun and I love the kids i work with
Adviser (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTNovember 29, 2016
I Pick up kids and the take them to the park and play cards just hang out with them and make sure everything is going well that they are going towards there goals.
Pros
laid back work inviroment
Cons
confusing system
Area management and teams are dedicated and hard working, executives are self serving and demeaning.
Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 26, 2016
At the local offices you are likely to find caring, dedicated employees working hard to make a difference. Unfortunately, they are all too commonly overshadowed by the narcissism of those at the executive, higher levels of the company. These individuals make decisions based on their own personal gain (even though RISE is technically a non-profit company, its executives make shockingly high amounts of money), and off the cuff, without truly caring or understanding what the employees of RISE,and the clients they are serving, truly need to be successful. RISE is very top heavy.

The mission statement is a wonderful compass that most direct line employees strive to embody. You will not find a shortage of amazing people at the program levels, but any research of the turn-over rates will show you how quickly they are unappreciated and burned out.
Pros
Incredible mission statement.
Cons
Self serving top leadership, very high turnover
Good experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNNovember 10, 2016
I do the same thing everyday, mostly by myself because half the time my co workers just stand around and refuse to help each other out.
Pros
I made good friends
Cons
Immature man children
Creating opportunities
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem ORMarch 18, 2016
I've been with RISE since June of 2010 and have watched so much growth and opportunity. Seeing the people we support happy and having fun is one of the highlights of my job. I'm lucky to have opportunities to work with RISE employees across the state of Oregon. There are challenges and things aren't always exactly as we wish they were, but I can say we work toward continuous improvement. The people I work with and for are genuinely good people who care about others. I feel good about working for an organization that is doing good things for people. Thank you RISE!
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Tight budgets and staffing shortages
Great place to work and feel like you're making a difference
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMay 13, 2016
My current responsibilities include supervising individuals with disabilities to complete necessary tasks of daily living and ensure client health and safety. This is a very fulfilling job with a company that has recently set roots in Arizona. While it can be difficult at times, there are always employees that can help you. The hardest part of this job is being able to connect with each client and their families.
I enjoyed this company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  75th ave and bell roadJuly 28, 2016
I worked with amazing clients and had a amazing boss. The clients were very great, polite and very positive. I worked alone. lifting the people were the hardest part of the job.
Making a positive impact in the community through hard work and dedication
Marketing & Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hightstown, NJAugust 4, 2015
This job provided the unique opportunity to work within a small non-profit, charitable social services organization which had an immediate, positive, and visible effect on members of the community who were in need.
Pros
Direct community involvement
Cons
No benefits, low funding
This was a voluntary position
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 28, 2016
I was able to help refurbish computers and printers for low-income families. Allowing for them to be able to afford a computer that would help them out for school or other uses.
Pros
rewarding experience
Cons
not enough volunteer time
It's been a treasured experience and I love the clients
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 5, 2014
It's a nice environment and good people but nothing I would recommend to someone trying to make their savings account bigger at an accelerated rate.

I however learned alot about life and the purpose in it. and that is something I consider valuable. No regrets. I'm a better person because of working here.
Pros
Lot's of free stuff, and discounts everywhere, as well as paid trainings, even pay for showing up to company parties.
Cons
Lot's of driving, Only compensation for driving with clients, not getting to their house or from their house after you drop them off, High mileage on your car majority of your earnings will go to repairs and gas
Great Team!
Lead HCBS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 29, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, but advancement opportunities stopped. I have decided to move on to a company where I can continue to grow and learn.
Collaborate working environment, team-oriented.
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Littlerock, CAOctober 8, 2014
Site Coordinator and program leaders work as a team. Pupils sought to obtain a fun and exciting experience all while participating in disguise learning activities. The program director and site staff were in continuous contact and held meeting on a regular basis. The most difficult part was not tending to each student's individual needs as result of limited staff and program hours. The most enjoyable part was acknowledging the team worked collaboratively in provided the best day for each pupil.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
lack of healthcare benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RISE. Our community is ready to answer.