RISE

RISE Employer Reviews

fun place
Volunteer IT Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2014
everything is great.
-learning new things
-meeting new people
Excellent experience
Supplemental Instructor-Facilitator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: teaching experience
Cons: 19 hrs per week max w/o exception
I taught weekly workshops and tutored students in biology and chemistry.
Great program for students looking for experience in there field of research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pembroke, NCAugust 11, 2014
Schedule for work was determined by the professor that was mentoring you. Many valuable skills were learned pertaining to typical job etiquette such as showing up and arriving on time, and also pertaining to the research experience such as how to conduct a study, research tools, analysis, etc.

RISE was the overall employer. The mentor was the supervisor. RISE workers were very helpful. When they saw that a student was passionate in there research, they would go the extra mile to give them would ever they needed to be successful!
DSP (Former Employee), Price UtJune 25, 2014
Pros: good schedule
Cons: favoritism
Good place to work, fun and I enjoyed helping the people and teaching them new stuff and just socializing with them.
It's been a treasured experience and I love the clients
Social Worker (Former Employee), Orem, UTJune 5, 2014
Pros: lot's of free stuff, and discounts everywhere, as well as paid trainings, even pay for showing up to company parties.
Cons: lot's of driving, only compensation for driving with clients, not getting to their house or from their house after you drop them off, high mileage on your car majority of your earnings will go to repairs and gas
It's a nice environment and good people but nothing I would recommend to someone trying to make their savings account bigger at an accelerated rate.

I however learned alot about life and the purpose in it. and that is something I consider valuable. No regrets. I'm a better person because of working here.
Independent and Busy work place
Placement Specialist (Current Employee), Spring Lake Park, MNFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Still in Training mode
Very good company to work for, still learning hands on
Staff and Managers are very helpful and understanding
Fun and Educational
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Kingman, AZDecember 16, 2013
Assist adults with disabilities with everyday life and jobs skills. Learned not to take life for granted. Upper management need to learn how to talk to employees and keep employee information to confidential. Co-workers were very good to work with. Hardest part of the job is not knowing how the adults are going to act to the schedule at hand.
Good place to begin in the field
Direct Support professional (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZDecember 7, 2012
This company offers great training and opportunities for someone looking to start in this field but little in the way of advancement.
Great Work ethic and all about helping others
Vice-President (Former Employee), TampaSeptember 18, 2012
Rise is an non-profit organization, that serves all Caribbean islands, Rise main goal is to give back and helps other any way possible..
Interesting people and always something to learn
Tech Support (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 28, 2012
Repaired PCs/Servers
Installed wireless networks
Installed/Removed Software/Virus/Malware
Installed cabling
Productive work environment
Internship (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJuly 31, 2012
A typical day at work required lots of patience and skill. During my internship I worked in a microbiology lab. We focused on DNA encoding of large mouth and small mouth bass, polymerase chain reactions, and field experience. I learned how to do gel electrophoresis, polymerase chain reactions, change my enzymes for a different product and how to fish. The hardest part about this project was getting an accurate reaction. Some projects were harder than others. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a wonderful team of follow scientists.
Excellent company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2012
• Review submittals for contract compliance to ensure quality control.
• Instrumental in the review and negotiation of change order requests in order to expedite processes and keep the project on schedule.
• Perform daily on-site inspections to monitor quality assurance and construction progress.
• Maintain timely updates to contract documents, including submittals, requests for information and bulletins as issued.
• Managed the owner’s consultants regarding materials testing and inspection, asbestos assessment and abatement and, vibration testing and monitoring.
Great company to work for
Advisor (Former Employee), Orem, UTMay 19, 2012
I would assist people who had disabilities in their daily activities in group homes.
I learned how to help poeple that are less fortunate.
The management was really organized.
My co-workers were great to work with and teamwork was always in place.
The hardest part of the job was that some of the people who we worked with would be very difficult to communicate with effectively.
The most enjoyable part was knowing I helped those who were disabled function better.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAMay 11, 2012
Great place to work. Managers were excellent. Enjoyed the co-workers and customers.