RISE Employee Reviews

Poor Communication
Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2017
Aggressive with there employees. Communication is poor. Personally the supervisor is short tempered. Non trustworthy company, no growth within the company.
Highly Recommend for scientific advancement
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
This program will not only place you in a lab as a research assistant but it will also train you in the application processes of your field and desired graduate programs. It was essential for learning the academic process for advancement into a graduate program.
Cons
Did not offer overtime
It was a great place to work
Dsp (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORAugust 28, 2017
I loved working for rise the clients were great and fun there was always something to do and I love what the company is about! I did not appreciate the manager at the location I was at. She did a horrible job
Pros
Relaxed work environment
craft box for projects for client and workers.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJuly 31, 2017
at rise i would clock in start the list of to dos and i would spend time with clients. then i would document the things we did. I would dispense meds at cretin times and I would check my email to se if co workers had messaged me. I learned a lot about house work and the to do list how to have persistence. the management would give me wacky hours. the culture was distant. the hardest part was not becoming friends with clients who want friends. the position was enjoyable because the environment was creative and balanced. I learned how to document correctly and dispense meds correctly as well.
Pros
balanced enviornment
Cons
no gift giving on holodays
Fun & rewarding but very frustrating & poorly managed
Education Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJuly 25, 2017
There is a lot of office drama, a lot of office rivalry, and a lot of negativity in many of the departments.
The work they do is fantastic, and it is all too needed. Their crisis team is amazing, and they do their best to manage the other departments.
Pros
chocolate
Cons
no money, no supervision
Amazing experience
Staff, Advisor (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 15, 2017
Rise is an amazing place to work. They insure that you are comfortable when working. They provide the proper training classes and certificates for you to be equipped to work with the clients. You basically get paid to have fun while meeting incredible individuals.
Opportunities for growth
Caregiver/Personal Assistant/Provider (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 14, 2017
I believe this company is an amazing help to the community for its clients gain much needed care from participating. I saw many advancements with each clients in all areas such as speech and motor cognitive skills.
Rise
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 2, 2017
During a typical day at work I would administer medication, work on outcomes, get residents where they needed to go, clean facility, organize events, documentation of everything in the house, and facilitate a positive environment the residents could thrive in.
I have learned a lot of patience, how to guide stressful situations when residents become angry with one another. I have learned what the residents enjoy doing and how to engage in order to make relationships with them.
My management is awesome and is always making improvements for the residents.
The residents I predominately work with are all fairly high functioning, and have never had to deal with staff abuse.
Hardest part of the job is leaving. I love being there and its sad when I can't.
Most enjoyable part of the job is watching the residents achieve a goal.
Relaxed but stressful at times
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 2, 2017
My favorite part about working here was the clients. They were the only reason I was there as long as I was. Management was joke. Never helpful, but expected so much all the time. I worked the summer program, which was actually so much fun. The only thing I hated was that I had to use my own car and had to travel from Provo to Payson to pick up clients frequently and my car was old. They do reimburse you per mile, but with an old car like mine, it almost wasn't worth it. But summer program was so fun. We did fun things with our summer group. I would even try to work here again but all the meetings and the terrible management here have stopped me. I do miss my clients though.
Is fun challenging rewarding
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 24, 2017
Working for rise is a challenging job and rewarding working at different programs .With different living coping skills .Some residents verbal as some not .Just seeing them smiling is rewarding . Work hard keep to yourself and be professional
Pros
Get to have dinner with residents
Cons
Never know what your schedule is every week

Want to know more about RISE?

Ask a question
Great Job
Property Consultant (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Grambling, LADecember 25, 2016
• Work with others collaboratively, including staff, maintenance, university police and resident assistant.
• Carry out periodic tenancy inspections
• Negotiate with tenants and resolve conflict
• Assist with check-ins, checkouts, room changes and marketing events are required.
• Provide assistance for general maintenance needs.
• Conduct regular community meetings at the beginning and end of the term.
• Establish a rapport that makes residents feel comfortable in approaching with questions, concerns and ideas.
• Act as a leader and role for the community.
Very happy place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 25, 2016
Fun workplace. Very upbeat, energetic, and friendly bosses and employees. Positive environment. Everyone was very adamant about making you feel safe and comfortable, while still getting things done efficiently and productively.
Great experience
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2016
The RISE program was my first research opportunity and was great. This program is only for students who attend Spelman College. The mentors, research topics, and program was great.
Unorganized, employees were uninformed.
Scorekeeper, front desk, food court (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXDecember 14, 2016
The one thing that made this job amazing were the customers and my coworkers. This job was difficult to me because it lacked communication between the sport directors and front desk managers. Information was not passed down so only a few employees knew certain changes had been made, so when a customer would ask an employee a question they had not been given the proper answer to, it would create a negative environment where the employee felt they had made a mistake. Breaks were not given, I personally had to work full days when we were either under hired or no one could show up. I learned that I work harder when I am given a job that is challenging and you can develop skills and move up in the business. When i was a scorekeeper I noticed I worked harder then when I was at front desk. My coworkers were all very nice, and everyone got along. There was never any issues or drama between my coworkers and myself. The hardest part of my job was not only the fact that at front desk we had so many responsibilities, but most of us were underpaid for the things we accomplished and we did not even get a thank you or recognition when we were doing a good job. Many things flew under the radar from my manager but many mistakes were made that I personally had to bring to my managers attention. But in the end it was a great job to have had for almost two years. I made so many connections with the customers I would see every week and got to know many of them on a personal level and that is what a job should really be about, the customers.
Pros
Half price on the food at the food court.
Cons
No breaks, small pay with many responsibilities
Its fun and I love the kids i work with
Adviser (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTNovember 29, 2016
I Pick up kids and the take them to the park and play cards just hang out with them and make sure everything is going well that they are going towards there goals.
Pros
laid back work inviroment
Cons
confusing system
Receptions/Admin Assistant.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 7, 2016
I worked front desk for two years, I learned so much while in that position. I worked closely with HR, Payroll, Directors, and Team leads. I was the go to person for almost all questions, if I didn't have the answer I was able to point someone in the right direction. The position allowed me super multi-tasking skills to come into play.
Great people to work with
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 6, 2016
My typical day when school was in session was to wake up erly showered and dressed the kids make sure that they are delivered to school and my autistic child was ready to be picked up by his bus and made sure that his back pack was supplied with diapers snacks and extra clothing.
Pros
I got to stay home with my own kids
Cons
Waking up 5 times at night to make sure that Levi was still asleep n his bed.
great job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZOctober 31, 2016
This was a great job and work experience gained here was very helpful in continuing employment and education. Company is excelllent to work for and recommend it.
Personable company
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTOctober 4, 2016
They were always willing to work with my schedule. The pay wasn't great but the company was pleasant to work with and I loved the work I was doing. They didn't provide health care.
Pros
worked with my schedule
Cons
no health care, low pay
Good Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ and St. George, UtahSeptember 21, 2016
Rise overall is a wonderful company however the Tucson management is not truthful and not fair. Have to be a good friend to the head person in Tucson to get anywhere. Always criticizes you if your not on the good list of the top manager.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
New director 7 times since I worked for the company for 9 years