Risk Management Employee Reviews in United States

Provided security for after school activities.
Security Detail (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day is interacting with the kid and watch out for any public safety issues. A problem can happen at the drop of a dime when dealing with kids. All officers working have to back each other for safety. The hardest part of that detail was standing/ waking around for hours. Each and every child attending the events made it back home safely.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
standing/ walking for hours
Excellent opportunities to meet and help people
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Porter TX corporate office -August 25, 2015
I was given a free rein on time management. I was able to do what I enjoy the most, and that is to work directly with people. Dealing with potential deadly hazards of all types in the construction industry and in general industry is exciting and rewarding, especially when you have done something that may have saved lives. I was able to travel all over South Texas and met people with various backgrounds, education and skills.
Pros
Meeting people from all walks of life, travel over south Texas, helping people
Cons
Paperwork
Productive work place, friendly co-workers, some politics in management
Workman's Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAAugust 14, 2015
As a claims adjuster, my days involved phone communication with university employees injured on the job, and with health care and other resources in order to meet their needs. Careful documentation of new cases was also a part of each day's work.
Pros
Fun, friendly co-workers.
Cons
Some unfortunate office politics.
great experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 12, 2015
Supportive management, knowledgeable staff. Great place to gain experience and learn more about risk management/EHOS. The most enjoyable part of the job was there was variety in what we did everyday
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2015
Great place to work with good benefits. Very challenging but rewarding- never a dull moment. The most enjoyable part is ensuring that everything possible is done to make sure our patients are safe.
Vice President
Vice President (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2015
Enjoyed working with my sorority sisters and staff in order to ensure safe and exciting events. I also organized and planned social events both internally and externally. The most enjoyable part of this job was building relationships with the girls in my sorority built on trust and respect that they developed for me and my position as a caretaker, friend, and authoritative figure.
Not the type of job I am interested in
BSA/AML Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belding, MIJuly 19, 2015
I learned quite a bit about loss prevention that I was not aware of; such as, how to monitor a person's account if suspicious activity is going on and when to just watch it, or when to not let it go and notify the proper authorities. Management was a difficult situation as the acting Manager was not very helpful in understanding the procedures of the department. I worked very well with my co-workers and they helped me understand the different processes to take for each individual case that was being monitored. The hardest part of the job was deciding which customers needed a red flag on their account and which ones were okay to just let go by. I did not enjoy this type of job, and do not want to pursue a career doing this type of work.
Pros
good benefits, flexible work schedule, great co-workers
Cons
payroll freeze, didn't get a review or pay increase in the last 3 years I worked for the institution
Great working environment with a strong sense of accomplishment
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  9901 IH 10W Ste 800,San Antonio, TX 78230June 15, 2015
The past 7 years has been a wonderful learning experience with a tremendous sense of accomplishment. I have been able to work with individuals on a one to one basis and also as a group. I have been able to receive my Certified Safety and Health Official (CSHO) in both General Industry and Construction with the full support of management. My co-workers are among the best; extremely supportive and helpful.

The hardest part of the job is seeing people get hurt due to lack of training or proper supervision.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people, teaching them and making them more aware and safety conscious.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Being moved out of a more safety oriented position into a client services postion.
Great management and friendly co workers make for a good work enviorement
Risk management assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FlJune 16, 2015
Talking to clients who are usually upset and want you to do things only doctors can do. Assisting with payment and doctors visits. Also repaying clients for prescriptions and doctors visits.
Pros
Like dealing with clients there funny
Cons
clients arguing about things you cant assist them with
Productivative at work
Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 12, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of opening and/or closing the shop, managing over 8-10 people at all times, being able to have fun and be productive, recruit potential new hires, proof read and amend legal docs., create spread sheets, all sorts of professional communications. What I learned most is to properly use time management and multitask to be most productive. The hardest part about the job was the predicting what to expect next. In real estate, business was unpredictable. The thing with co-workers are an understanding that we are here to meet our the business objective first. Most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with people.
Cons
No healthcare, no retirement, no incentives
I loved the hospital and the people I worked with.
Chief Compliance/Quality Officer and Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CaliforniaJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed the many years I worked for the hospital. I had many opportunities to advance in my career. The work was very challenging and I learned my management skills from some of the best leaders in the organization.
Pros
The family of people in the organization and career advancement
Currest position is challenging and rewarding
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo NM 88310May 29, 2015
A typical day for me involves many parts of the overall business. In a typical day I will work on BSA related tasks until about noon before starting on items concerning insurance contracts, building maintenance and fraud investigations depending on the needs each day.
Pros
Steady work flow
Cons
Hours worked and location
No room for growth in insurance dept
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2015
Great entertainment management but no growth in insurance department.
Great Account Managers.
Good Christmas bonus
Some Partners are hard to handle
Pros
High profile clients
Cons
High Profile Clients
N/a
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 18, 2015
Moving from the Risk Management to the training department was the best move that they did for me. Working with people one on one was very good training for me.
Pros
The drivers
Cons
Managment
Good work environment
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CairoApril 2, 2015
Review co workers set target plan of the day, review clients' potfolio to see whether or not there are any irregularities in their accounts, get ready for the day's mmetings with clients, review co workers work output and give them necessary guidance and support.
Pros
High management strong drive to achieve targets set forth.
Cons
Weak staff benefits.
Great growth
Carolinas' Community Bank - Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2015
Wells Fargo really enjoys training their employees to becoming the best team member they can possibly be. They hired me as a fresh college graduate and place me in an excellent development program in which I met several senior-level executives across the bank.
GREAT company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2015
Great place to work, good leadership and a very family loving environment even though the company has over 25,000 employees. People were nice and helpful. Company is very involved in the community and its employees.
Pros
Employee recognitions
Lost of room for advancement!
Assist in reviewing New Accounts (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Great Company to work for. Would work for them again. The room for growth and advancement is great. Moved to another state is the only reason I resigned.
Seasoned Lumber trader here
Senior Lumber Trader (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 21, 2013
Hello,
Seasoned Lumber trader here. I have 17+ years in the lumber business. I am not only a trader but I have extensive knowledge in Basis trading, Hedging, Forward pricing and limiting the overall exposure.
I am at work at 8:00 am 5:00 pm everyday - I handle 20+ customers that are either Wholesalers or Retailers in the lumber business.
I am following the futures market (lumber) everyday. I come up with strategic opportunities that would help the customers bottom line.
The hardest part of of my lob is the language barrier.
Pros
lunches and travel
Cons
health care - 401k
Began the learning phase
Lead Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PA -4 Penn Ctr Plaza 16 JFK BLVDOctober 23, 2013
I left the government work as a temp employee to learn SPECIALTY ADMIN SERVICES- giving support to the Underwriting staff @ RRM

Filing- finding index - renewals- for policies in Large Accounts-

Worked in this end for 4 years as a Senior Clerk

I worked this job and got the filing system back in order as well as the renewals on track for the company. I received awards for being an asset to the company by the President of RRM
Pros
downtown! roof garden cafeteria!
Cons
?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Risk Management. Our community is ready to answer.