RISK PLACEMENT SERVICES, INC Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
OK place to work if you just need a job
Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 14, 2016
This is an ok place to work if you need a job. The management turns it's head to nepotism. They will tell you of the great opportunities for advancement yet, you never advance unless you are friends with someone important or related to them.
Productive, Competitive, and Fast Paced
Property and Casualty Broker (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 26, 2013
Typical work day in the office - insurance quote, market, follow up, account management, meetings with clients, and carrier underwriters.

In the past 10 months, I learned to be an Excess and Surplus Lines broker, manage and build my own book of business, connect with agents, built relationships with over 45 different insurance carriers, learned to quote, market, and bind different types of coverage’s from property, casualty, environmental, excess casualty, inland marine, work comp, and professional products.

Working in a small office of 7 people, one manager, made the daily environment almost family like. My manager walked a thin line of professionalism and personal. I admire the success level of my manager, but the training that was put into play was lacking.

Learning to do a new job with little or no training was the most difficult part of the job, but also the challenge of learning it on my own and having successful accounts and programs come together from my effort was also the most enjoyable.
Pros
travel, attending events, flexible hours
Cons
little training, small support staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RISK PLACEMENT SERVICES, INC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3