Human Resources Manager/Recruiter
Do you have the desire and drive to shape the culture of an organization around Happiness? If so, be prepared to have fun with us while you learn store operations from the ground up so you can effectively recruit, train and develop our team.
We are searching for an early-career HR Generalist with a passion for customer service and a hunger for a field-based opportunity to help us staff and open 70+ franchised Rita's stores over the next +/-6 years in San Diego County and the Inland Empire.
- Franchisee of a nearly 30 year-old brand with over 600 locations!
- Less complex operations than QSR or Fast-Casual!
- Experienced leadership that puts Team Members first!
Type of Position: Regular, Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Summary: The Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for leading field recruiting and hiring efforts for new store openings. You will identify and screen talent, interview selected candidates, design and conduct orientation sessions and implement career development and succession planning practices. You will also maintain compliance with State and Federal laws, conduct requisite training sessions and administer compensation and benefits for our company. The central ongoing mission of this role will involve acquisition and retention of new employees in support of our fast-paced store opening schedule over the next 5-6 years.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Successfully complete training at Rita’s Cool-U in Pennsylvania where you will learn how to make and serve products in keeping with the standards and spirit of our leadership,
- Provide advance team support for store openings and assist with operations as part of our team when requested,
- Act as “Culture Coach” in the field whereby you inspire and calibrate teammates to bring a “people-first” culture alive and establish Rita’s as a preferred employer in the communities we serve,
- Able and willing to organize and conduct job fairs, screen candidates, hire and conduct orientations in support of field operations,
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implement and annually update compensation program(s); rewrite job descriptions as necessary/directed; analyze compensation; monitor performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Develop, recommend, and implement approved personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook; act as key liaison to outsourced partners/vendors; administer benefits including claims resolution and change reporting;
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conduct new-employee orientations; monitor career pathing program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing; write and place advertisements. Handle employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Establish and maintain department records and reports.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records and compile reports from database.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. Previous experience in the hospitality, restaurant or similar customer service sectors preferred.
The selected individual must have the ability to bring immediate credibility to the human resources function through his/her professional qualifications and leadership skills as well as project the highest levels of integrity. Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills are required.
Excellent proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook a must.
Education/ Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Prefer at least 2 years of Human Resources Generalist,
- Strong analytical skills, including reporting, synthesizing data to identify themes and create solutions to address those issues
- HR generalist skills, including employee relations and employment law, compensation, performance management, and recruitment,
- Proven coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Successful track record of delivering superior service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; presentation and platform skills desired
- Outstanding organizational skills; including the ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines, as well as multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Professional in Human Resources - California (PHR-CA) certification a plus.
Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, high school/college visits, store hiring /openings and career fairs. Mileage reimbursement provided. Travel as appropriate within San Diego, Riverside and San Bernardino counties could be approximately 50-75% of time
In Bensalem, Pennsylvania, during the summer of 1984, Bob Tumolo and his mother, Elizabeth, changed the frozen treat world forever—they created quite possibly the best Italian Ice they had ever tasted. Since then, untold numbers of people have enjoyed Rita’s ice on hot summer nights or as an after school treat with friends and family. With our motto, “Ice, Custard, Happiness”, Rita’s traditional Italian Ice is a smooth and delicious treat made with real fruit available in over 60 flavors.
As your local franchisee in San Diego, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, we are thrilled to share this tasty tradition and their frozen custard (ranked #1 by Zagat’s) with you and look forward to learning how Rita’s becomes part of your life.
At Rita's, our tag line of "Ice, Custard, Happiness" is more than a saying. It’s our way of life – and a steadfast promise to our Guests and our Team Members - our “Treat Team”. Our Guests come to Rita’s to enjoy an affordable indulgent treat, take a moment for themselves and/or family in a fun, cheerful environment filled with happiness. Treat Teams stop at nothing to ensure that each Guest enjoys the freshest, highest quality ice and custard creations -- served quickly and with a smile.
Rita’s Franchise Company, headquartered in Trevose, PA, is the largest Italian Ice concept in the nation, currently operating in 19 states with over 625 units. Rita’s presently has international locations in China, India and the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao) and is continuing to grow nationally and internationally through franchise opportunities. Our popular chain offers a variety of frozen treats including its famous Italian Ice, made fresh daily with real fruit, available in over sixty flavors, Old Fashioned Frozen Custard, layered Gelati as well as its signature Misto® and Blendini® creations. Rita’s is dedicated to serving up a big dose of happiness with our freshly made, delicious, custom treats, in a fun-filled atmosphere.
Rita’s was named one of the Top 25 Franchise High Performers by the Wall Street Journal’s ‘Startup Journal” and Ranked #156 on Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Top 500 Franchise Rankings” for 2011
Be sure to reference “HR Manager” in the Subject Line of your e-mail.
We offer competitive pay and benefits.