Rita Staffing Employee Reviews

A staffing Agency that takes the time to match you with the right job
Mosaic-Workflow Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 25, 2017
This staffing agency is wonderful to work with. The office job placement person takes the time to see what type of work you are capable of doing and then talking with you to see what type of work you are most interested in doing and then she will keep communicating with you to inform you of what she has available and whether or not she thinks you will be a good fit.

I have used this company twice and was very happy both times. The hardest part of this job was waiting to be sent out to a job. In both cases I really enjoyed working at the companies and with the people where I was placed.
Pros
Great people and environment
Cons
Waiting to be placed may take a while
Great Staff
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 19, 2016
Rita Staffing has a great group of advisers, payroll staff and receptionists at both locations in Lakeland, FL. The only thing that is a bit behind the times is the fact that direct deposit takes too long and the fact that you have to pick up your check. I do sympathize since they pay weekly, but if all of this was accomplished online like other temp services it would alleviate the situation and rushing to the office on the other side of town during rush hour traffic in order to make it the only branch to pick up pay, then wait in line at Walmart or somewhere in order to cash it since most banks are closed by the time the check is received.
Pros
The speed and ease of job placement
Cons
Payroll process
Worst and a waste of time
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, Winter Haven, FLFebruary 28, 2017
This is the worst agency that i have ever been to. They called me for an assignment that was 30 miles from where i live for $9.50 and when i told them i can not do the job, they refuse to job any work for me. Every time i call they say that there is no work but they are always posting jobs every day and are constantly holding job fairs.
Never calls for interview
Never been employed (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 19, 2017
I have applied for 6 years and this company never calls me, they pick and choose without seeing the work ethics for themselves. Never work for a temp agency you are basically business prostitution.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Great team
Administrative Assistant/Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Rita is a good family owned business that has quality employees who try to meet the needs of as many people as possible and assist them with finding work
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Pay
Good company
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Sets you with a job that works best with your skill set. Helps address at the job concerns, looks out for employee safety. Always pleasant to speak with.
Manager in Plant city
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 4, 2016
I had an interview in Plant city with the Hiring manager and it was the worst experience of my life. She ask me who supports me and how I file my taxes..She was very rude and disrespectful. The was a true statement of Prejudice just straight HATEFUL!!!!!!!
Fast Pace and dangerous
Machine Operator / Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 29, 2016
Working with explosive material so dangerous not good pay to wrist for life. and very high pace some may not be able to keep up with production.
diffrent work experince
Production worker/machine operater (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 15, 2016
I like the people I met while working through Rita staffing. I did different jobs on a daily basis. I learned how to be tolerable of favoritism in the work place. The hardest part of the job working with difficult people.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
temperary assighnments
I have had nothing but positive experiences working for Rita Staffing.
Temporary Worker/Third Party Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 23, 2016
I have received competitive compensation from this company with multiple offers to work.The work day varies according to each assignment. The variety is fulfilling.
Movement
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLApril 22, 2016
Making pizzas, best part of the day is conversations you have with the customers while delivering there orders to them.
Very rewarding and challenging position (s).
Data Entry/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 3, 2015
This job was very rewarding and challenging to and for me. I did learn a great deal, multi-tasking and striving to get the most out of this experience as I could. I also had a great time with inputting data into the computer and also greeting customers as they entered the office. Routed calls and also took messages for staff. Use of office machines used as needed and directed.
Pros
weekly pay was a plus and greatly appreciated
Cons
No health insurance given being a temp. person
Very quiet environment but full of productive people
Winter/Scratch-off Ticket Packager, 11/10 to 2/11 (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 12, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of 12 hour shifts breaking scratch off ticket books. I learned how to operate coveyor belt machine and how to load and label the boxes that were being shipped out of state. Management team was strict but fun when the work was light. The hardest part about the job was doing 72 hours a week plus going to school. The most enjoyable was the people I got to meet.
Pros
Hours and Pay
Cons
Too far from my house
Great
Pharmaceutical Shipping (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 30, 2016
Great staff that will help out with your overall issues.
They will look over your job history and find the perfect match for you.
No calls for any jobs
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 25, 2014
I applied with them in November of 2013 with 20 years of administrative experience. I apply to jobs that fit my skill set and salary range and I have never received a call from them. I call every week and I'm told just keep calling back. I'm not sure how much longer this branch will stay open if they are not fulfilling their clients needs by placing experienced people.
Pros
Cons
Never communicate with their employees
Eh.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 23, 2012
Good for temporary work, but not necessarily a real secure job. Has good pay depending on where they send you out to. Depending on where you reside, it may be a bit of a drive. I live in Winter Haven and all of my jobs were in Lakeland. You miss a certain amount of days and they basically kick you out of the system leaving you jobless. Reason or not.
Pros
good pay here and there.
Cons
no real benefits, no job security, a bit all over the place.
Awful employee support, underpaid, and no good job assignments
Office & Warehouse Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 18, 2015
Has made me lose faith in Staffing agencies. Office personnel constantly missed deadlines on payroll which caused employees not to be paid on time. They also lied about jobs they had and never gave you the jobs you were qualified for.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 19, 2015
Very helpful, always available to communicate in regards to job search. Always followed through with call backs and if there were any issues with the pay they corrected it immediately. No complaints on my behalf.
Pros
Helpful and understanding to the client
Clerical
Clerical /Banquets (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 9, 2013
Explore other options when applying with Rita Staffing. They make you feel like you'll get placement for a job you're qualified for, but they seem to drop the ball once you've gone through the process of applying, interview and background check. I have healthcare, clerical. and food service experience. Over a 2 year period, I've only been put on one assignment which was a banquet function. By the time I cut out of my regular job early, and drove to the other side of the earth to work for 4 hours, it definitely wasn't worth the headache. I'm not saying they're a bad agency, I just think they don't follow through with people who are more than qualified and available.
Pros
Applying for positions immediately online. Received pay the next day.
Cons
At some functions you never know who your supervisor is, lack of communication. MO follow through on people who are qualified and needing work
Very helpful in securing an administrative assistant position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Temporary staffing agency that secured an administrative assistant position to be able to work full time. Staff is very friendly and shows enthusiasm in aiding with job search.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Wait time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rita Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9