Rite Aid Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,907 reviews matching the search
Work..but that's about it
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2016
Depends on where you go possibly, but at least for me it was too much work and no where near enough payroll to do it. You're not salaried, but the workload is too much for 45 hours. You're only going to have 1 person in the store at a time for the majority of the time. The pay is not high enough for all that you are tasked with doing. That is especially true for your supporting management staff. The training unfortunately is done with a thrown to the wolves mentality with too small of a grace period for the steep learning curve.
Pros
Benifits were ok for single people, customers, and co-workers
Cons
No real work life balance, poor training
Management is flexible
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Rumford, RIFebruary 20, 2016
A typical day as a pharmacy technician includes being able to balance data entry, patient care and working with physicians. Working as a pharmacy technician has strengthened my ability to relate to patients as well as my knowledge in the medical field.
Management at Rite Aid is generally accommodating to a busy work life and home life. You work very closely with your boss since they are the pharmacist. This helps your growth particularly because they are always available to answer questions as needed.
The hardest part of the position is learning the balance at first and all of the state specific and federal laws surrounding pharmacy and patient protection.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the connections you make with patients since they are in so frequently to pick up medications. You have the ability to form personal connections, trust, and a strong professional relationship with the patients.
Pros
Generally Accommodating Management
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Enjoyable Job. One of the best jobs that I had
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2016
Clock- in. Count the tills. Place Orders for Truck Delivery. Interact with Customers.

I learned how to make bank deposits. How to run a store by yourself. Overrides of transactions. How to handle difficult situations.

Management was very good. Always helpful. Fun. Organized.

Hardest part of the job: Thefts. Crazy Customers.

Most Enjoyable part of the day: Helping a Customer. Putting a smile ton their face.
Pros
Benefits.Job Advancement.
Cons
Thefts. Long hours.
Adequate place of employment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIDecember 10, 2015
Employees are asked to do several jobs at a time. On a typical day this ex-employee was a security guard, receptionist, truck yard seal checker, employee services helper.

Learned to multi-task, manage meetings with multiple supervisors regarding routine security obstacles.

Encouragement for employees based on a adequate motivation lottery system. Not many opportunities to build culture.

Benefits matched by company though costly. No opportunity for advancement. Management overwhelmed and needed current practice training.
Pros
Small discount in stores
Cons
limited breaks, health care costs expensive
Fast paced, friendly workplace
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 29, 2016
Cash registers will always brake down. Also the A/C in the store and so the customers will start complaining. Tough time serving ice cream to customers. Management takes advantage of the part timers, they over work them. Their work schedules aren't stable, they change it every week and so the employers get very upset specially when they work holidays and weekends constantly with no breaks. And nobody is assigned to do one thing in the store, everyone gets switched around. Your title will be cashier, but they might be put you to serve ice cream. Not Fair.
Pros
discounts
Cons
entire management, benefits, salary
Okay starting job if looking to get into management
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDFebruary 22, 2016
I noticed that it was very easy to get promoted in a short amount of time. While I was never transferred, it appeared as a fairly easy process. My most current store manager had not previous experience as a head manager and it definitely showed. He had several visits from district managers and our regional vice president, who he apparently had personal as well as work relationships with, and they let a lot of his mishaps and unfocussedness slide. The store manager before him had a history of bad customer service and fighting in store with other employees and still was promoted to a larger, higher volume store. I had a hard time dealing with these mangers in a professional manner. I luckily had other co-workers who were a complete delight to work with, managers as well as cashiers and pharmacy department members. I hope to take the management experience gained here to future employment.
Cons
low quality benefits, breaks are not required for managers
People saw each other as an equal and treated each other with respect
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I have trained Pharmacist and new Techs, there was a grand feeling of team work. Each person treated the other with respect and concern if there would be any situation. We could always depend upon each other. The benefits were great. My boss did not see herself in the roll as my boss but as her partner. She expressed to me on many occasions that I should become a pharmacist. If one person needed the day off of work that person would feel comfortable asking another to cover. District Managers gave me more hours due to 2 of the girls being out for long extended times. Both my Pharmacists refuse to share me with other Pharmacist.
Pros
benefits, quarterly raises, friendships, respect
Cons
leaving there
High paced and high pressure
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  The Plains, OHMarch 21, 2016
Overall good company. This is, however, a very fast paced and high pressure environment to work in and you must be able to work well, both independently and with a group, under these conditions. The schedules are semi-flexible but only because it's mostly shift work. Management tends to be strict but reasonable and coworkers were always friendly and helpful. Keep in mind that you are an at-will employee and advancement takes time with this company but it is available.
poor work experince
Head Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NJMarch 2, 2016
I've been with the company for 11 years. I had to fight for every raise I truly deserved and was also forced out of a job position which resulted in lost in pay.
Pros
co workers at store level
Cons
upper management
fun workplace and we worked as team
Photo Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 17, 2016
management was fair and understanding for the most part. Most enjoyable prt was the customers and providing them great service.My coworkers minded their business for the most part. I really enjoyed my job there.
Pros
bonuses from time to time
Cons
no paid vacation/ 3 % raises yearly
do NOT apply (unless you desperately need a job)
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 14, 2016
management sucks, pay sucks, district management sucks, you do so much to get paid chump change. its not worth it at all ! typical day would be opening the store, doing whatever the closing manager didnt do the night before (count safe, takje down old signs etc.) Management is very inconsiderate. most enjoyable part of the job would be your day off or lunch break
Pros
Cons
pay, management, advancements
Fast paced environment
Lab Technician Trainee (Current Employee) –  Adams, MANovember 27, 2015
A typical day at work consist of cashiering, accurately filling prescriptions, answer multiple phone calls at once, going through faxes and filling prescriptions, filling prescriptions from WIMO and the data entry, correctly maintaining patient profiles, hanging up prescription bags in the correct spot (last name alphabetical order), and help answer customer questions and concerns or direct them to the pharmacist. My hours fluctuate from a four hour day to an 11 hour day with only a half hour break or no break. I have learned a lot about multitasking and quickly solving problems in a professional manner. I have also learned how to look up customers profiles accurately. The hardest part of my job is trying to learn all the important information I need to know in such a fast pace environment, also the fluctuating hours make it a challenge to schedule anything outside of work.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, long hours
Challenging
Head Pharmacy Technician & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAApril 3, 2016
Great Place to work because there is a union and great benefits are provided to employee's. Time management is extremely important in this job and I perfected my time management skills at this company. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping others feel better.
my voyages with rite aid
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 8, 2016
rite aid is a very fast paced business with a hugh seasonal sale,ive learned alot by working with a hugh group of co-workers.ive climbed my way to upper managment with hard work and being able to take directions and give directions..harderst part of my job would be the differnt ways of life and reasons why the customers are shopping rite aid
Pros
yearly raises..
Cons
not enuff hrs for help
Productive and inviting environmen
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Greeting customers and assisting them with questions. Developed one hour photos. Put up and took down weekly sale signs. Explained the benefits of the store's rewards program. Stocked shelves. Management was supportive and always challenged me to do more in order to develop customer service skills as well as merchandising skills. Coworkers and managers were always willing to support one another.
rite aid review
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MD 21401March 29, 2016
Working at rite is typically an easy job the only thing you're asked to bring with you is a positive attitude and a smile. Other then helping customers find merchandise or ringing them up, the only thing left to do to keep busy is continuously restock and keep cleaning so the store looks presentable. The management there are great, very hands on and compassionate towards their employees. I actually really enjoy working there, even if the only thing i do is help someone find something or help them get a better deal I'm still making that persons day a little bit better.
Pros
great co works and management
Cons
short staffed, no one stays long
Hardwork pays off for the most part anyway
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 12, 2016
basic employee's and supervisors aren't paid fairly however they are provided good health benefits by the union. I started from the ground and built my self up so if you are hardworking advancement is possible.
Pros
Job security, Benefits
Cons
Cooperate is very inconsistent, lack of resources
worst possible place to work for ever
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Semmes, ALJanuary 4, 2016
There was no balance between work and home. Management is lazy and provide little to no trainingSome management that I worked with were extremely rude and inappropriate, I worked for Rite Aid for almost four years with no chance of advancement. The only time someone would advance with Rite Aid is through family/ friends. The only enjoyable part of working for Rite Aid were my costumers.
Pros
costumers
Cons
eveerthing else
Great management and team members
Sales Associate/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Sayreville, NJMarch 17, 2016
At Rite Aid I was responsible for the front end store tasks for the morning shift. I ran the register and processed returns. I scanned in all deliveries and scanned out all damaged goods. When customers came into the store for Photo Department services, I would process their orders from start to finish for digital prints and regular 35mm film. I kept aisles clean, stocked extra bags, and "faced" any items that were askew. I did my best everyday to help keep our store running smoothly. My store manager actually had me go to new stores that were just being built or stores that needed an extra hand. I trained employees on register functions and customer service. I helped set up displays, shelving, and product pricing. If there was any job that needed to be done I would take initiative, as long as it was fine with management.
Nice place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tunkhannock, PANovember 12, 2015
Nice place to work at for high school or college students, not necessarily cut out for the working adult looking to provide for themselves and pay bills. I generally loved helping customers, unloading shipments, and stocking the shelves. I do think that management could've been less favorable towards others and given somebody more deserving an opportunity
benefits
Cons
no room for advancement