Rite Aid
2,681 reviews

Rite Aid Employer Reviews

nice job but not a nice environment to work in.
assistant manager (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJFebruary 27, 2015
I worked for this same exact store for over 10 years going back to when the store was Eckerd. My first 9 years there were great and then new management took over and basically kicked me to the curb. I was in charge of the food, candy and beverage departments where i would order and stock the shelves in those areas. Once the new manager came in and took over, he took over over those areas and sales went down, out of stock items increased, and more outdate product was found in these areas. With no managment in place it was basically everyone for themselves with no teamwork to make this a good store.
A company continuing to rise
Co-Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: advancement is possible
Cons: communication from leadership
Rite Aid is a pharmacy retail company that requires you to be hands on as soon as you come in the door. It's is a job like any if your store manager builds a strong team. All Rite Aid's run well based off the store manager. If your store manager is strong, as a co-manager, or shift supervisor you will enjoy your time. It is a lot of customer service opportunities and it allows you to provide training. If your store has a challenging, non-engaged store manager it will be challenging. Additionally, if its a 24-hour store, if you are applying for the overnight, ensure there is a understanding of how the process is going to work.
Motivation
Co-Manager ( Assistant Manager ) (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Delegating employees, communicating with vendors, stocking merchandise, paying invoices & credits, providing excellent costumer service
Intern
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free tax return
Very great learning experience while in school. The people were great and very helpful with teaching new information.
Productive and fun workplace.
Front end Sales associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: store discount
Cons: lift heavy objects, odd hours
A typical day for me at RiteAid is working at the front of the store as a cashier then being a customer service rep. for the phone system. Later on i am also the maintenance worker for the store, as well as the heavy lifter for any products.
negative workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), corning, caFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks
Working for Rite Aid was not pleasant at all. They treated customers badly and for being the only pharmacy in town customers would rather travel elsewhere.
Very well organized company
Network Control Operator (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: very easy to move from department to other areas in the company
Cons: low pay.
Company is very well organized and treats the employees with respect. After 6 months, you are free to apply to other areas in the company to grow in your career choice. The management follows through to make sure you are happy where you are.
Typical retail job
Front End Associate (Current Employee), Leland, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: 20% employee discount
Cons: very few full time positions available
I enjoy my time at Rite Aid. It has taught me a lot of customer service skills. My only problem is that there are very little full time jobs available within the company, and my hours are very infrequent, which can make paying bills at the end of the month stressful. My co workers and boss are fun to work with.
Overall a good place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Marshfield, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Very friendly and hardworking coworkers. Sometimes unorganized expectations from corporate. Pretty empty, not many customers.
please in all areas.
Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Pleased with all aspects. Has been a learning experience management, supervising, and working as a leader with customers and employees Pleased with company.
A great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: healthcare could be better.
A typical day was running the regitster. Stocking the asiles with product. Cleaning. I learned how not to take what people say to heart. Management was great. Couldn't ask for better people. The hardest part of the day would be truck day. having to. put up all the products. The most enjoyable part of the this job was the costumes. Just seeing them every day. You would start to feel like part of their family. So sweet and nice. The best job ever.
productive workplace with a good work ethic
Cashier (Current Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: hour long lunch break
Cons: poor pay rate
work was okay at wal-mart. you went in, did some work, took a lunch, did some more work, and went home. It never effected personal life and never interfered with my life. Their scheduling was flexible and they gave good hours. The hardest part of my job was being blamed for other co-workers wrongdoings. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy customers.
could for college students
Shift Supervisor Rite Aid Pharmacy (Former Employee), rotterdam nyFebruary 23, 2015
nice flexible hours. can move up fairly easy and raises every year. if you get in a good store you are bound to make friends.
Typical drugstore
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Spring Lake, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Typical day included stocking shelves, handling cash, providing excellent customer service and maintaining relationships with vendors.
Nice starting job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Sewickley, PAFebruary 23, 2015
I learned a lot about the retail environment while working here. Great boss and pharmacists. The workers were friendly.
wrong aid
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: underpaid
not enough help, work very strange hours. not paid very well. they require so much more from their employees with no return from them.
Fast-pace environment, customer service.
Clerk (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits, healthcare.
Cons: holiday/weekend availability a must.
Challenging, fast-pace workplace, no hardest part, but the enjoyable part was being able to help others. Good working environment.
Productive and a fun workday.
Wellness Ambassador/Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 22, 2015
My days were really educational for the position I was in. I had the type of store manager who was very active and a person who would like to challenge his employees. I must say the store I was placed at had the best co-workers to work with. My store and assistant manager taught me a lot about my management position.
Productive Place But No Room For Advancement
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Keene, NHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: excellent team
Cons: no benefits
As a pharmacy technician, part of my job is to collect patient data (HIPPA) and enter it into our computer system, get prescriptions ready for patients, and then ring them out at the register. A typical day at Rite Aid is hectic, fast-paced, and can be very rewarding when a customer recognizes the extra mile we went to in order to keep them a happy customer. However, there are also customers who treat pharmacies as a drive-thru and don't recognize that there are certain laws and procedures we have to follow, and this is the hard part of the job: keeping patient with customers who refuse to allow you to do your job the way it needs to be done. It helps to have a good team to work with. Most of the team at my store is wonderful. Most of them are hard-working and talented and really do their best to go that extra mile for everyone, including their other coworkers. There are a few that don't seem to be interested in lending that extra hand, which means the rest of us have to pick up the slack, but that's something I'm learning to deal with.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great staff and friendly customers.
Cons: relocating
A typical day at Rite Aid would be helping at Customer service; merchandising; cashiering and customer problem solving

1 2 3 4 5

About Rite Aid

Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states – Read more