Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 5,868 reviews matching the search
Beneficial, acquired skill, learning advancements
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
RITE aid is great place to work.Though at times, challenges May arouse, staff is willing to accommodate the best way possible to facilitate each other
Pros
Friendly staff, professional training
productive and fun workplace
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yazoo CitySeptember 24, 2017
I enjoyed working at riteaid because it was a fast paced environment, My coworkers were very pleasant and i enjoyed the atmosphere that team work brings about.
Freindly place to work
Cashier, stocking shelves (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PASeptember 24, 2017
The job is easy in and of its self. just stocking shelves, facing. helping customers. Removing expired items from the shelves. Cleaning up little things.
Great Place to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 24, 2017
Very accommodating on hours and scheduling, good communication between management and employees. Advancement can be very rapid for good employees. Very good retention for very good employees.
It was a overall pleasant experience
Sales Associate and Cashier and stock person (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CASeptember 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time at the company it was difently room to growth as far as moving and advancing in the company it was simply about what was you willing to put in.
Pros
flexible and convient work hours
Cons
No cons, just had to keep busy and work efficient
Stressful, low paying, bad environment.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MESeptember 23, 2017
This particular Rite Aid was awful. Co-workers are back stabbing as well as the management. Management does not care about associates lives, just there own needs of having shifts covered. The benefits are nonexistent. There are no incentives to this job. The pay is horrible especially considering all that this job entails.
Pros
Some customers are delightful.
Cons
Rarely get breaks.
Slow and low pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2017
Work days were very slow, no raises were given. The managers weren't very sociable with the cashiers. The only good thing was the 20 percent discount. Would not recommend.
Pros
20 percent discount
Cons
Slow days, not many hours, managers.
Poorly managed
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2017
Poorly managed, the district manager would come in regularly to put pressure on us. Chronically understaffed. Frustrating customer base that couldn't and wouldn't follow direction. Overall a soul-sucking mismanaged job.
Very nice enviroment to work in
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hodgenville, KYSeptember 22, 2017
I loved working for Rite-Aid, I just needed better hours and pay. But I truly believe they care for you as a person. I thought management was exceptional.
Pros
Friendly co workers, great enviroment, great customer care
Cons
They make yoy wait a year before you can have benifits
Fun environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Square, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Being a people person this position helped me enhanced my customer service skills, and gave me an insight in the management culture of a corporation. For that I'm very grateful.
Pros
Great productive environment
Cons
no room for growth
Friendly and passionate towards the patients needs
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MISeptember 21, 2017
Working there was like any other job, good days and bad days, but more good then bad. I enjoyed the customer interaction and the relationship dynamic developed from the repeat customers. I learned a lot from this job that I have used in other jobs I encountered there after this one.
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCSeptember 21, 2017
My pharmacy manager, staff pharmacist and the other techs are amazing! It's higher management that is horrible! Don't recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, management
Good for a first job
Wellness Ambassador/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 21, 2017
It isnt too much work. It would be good for a first job because it could teach you how to multitask and customer service. Management was always super helpful no matter what.
Unstable environment/Stressful
Wellness Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 21, 2017
My actual job did not match the job description. My job was to market flu clinics and other services B2B. I was supposed to go to senior centers and other community business. After working there a year and being told that I would have to relocate to another store 30 miles away or be laid off (they got rid of the Wellness Ambassador position at the time), getting a raise and then having the union take it away for reasons I still don't understand (It happened to other positions as well.), and being told by the PDM that I would have to make more than 300 phone calls and then make more for other stores, I resigned. I am not a telemarketer. The pressure to meet store flu shot goals is enormous.

They offer 20% off of non sale items but the markup on items is high.

Benefits are offered after 6 months of employment. The benefits decreased in the time I was there.

The only good things that came out of it is that most of the employees are great and I got to meet a lot of wonderful people both in the store and when I was allowed to go B2B. I also had nights and weekends off which was great.
Pros
Nights and weekends off. Benefits after 6 months. Great coworkers.
Cons
Job description did not match the actual job. Glorified telemarketing position.
Enjoyed working at Rite Aid
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 21, 2017
Rite Aid is a great company to work for. Excellent pay and benefits, also i was able to work at different stores and learn new techniques. Management was always professional.
Retail hours
Store Manager/Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTSeptember 21, 2017
was good in the begining . But change in management to often. Learned a lot had a wonderful dm . Company has changed a lot and I was ready to get out of retail
Pros
great DM
Cons
retail hours
Avery good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 21, 2017
When I work a rite aid it was a great place to work and would ask my friend to work here,good way to see many things that I could do better in life the manager is and was a very good person
Pros
Discount, time off
Cons
Hard work
customer oriented
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, NHSeptember 21, 2017
Rite aid is very concerned with customer service.
In my role of assistant manager I did all store operations.
I enjoyed working with my team members.
I enjoyed working with customers.
The hardest part of the job was the physical part.Unloading the truck deliveries and stocking shelves.Management was approachable.
Pros
working with people
Cons
physical labor
A manageable work environment with pleasant customers.
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with regular customers who you really get to build a relationship with.

A typical day of work consist of unloading the truck, putting up or taking down new sales signs, or just cleaning the store and checking dates.
Great coworkers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 20, 2017
Rite aid pharmacy would not be a great place to work. Staff isn't easy on new people and are very hard on long time techs. Low pay and very high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.