Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 4,117 reviews matching the search
Unloading trucks outside in rain snow or heat, working 12 hour shifts, overtime after 40 hours
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 25, 2016
I overall enjoy my job and the customers and workers. I can't wait for our remodel and they always find ways to grow you as an associate.
Productive and Fun place to work at.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington Mills, NYSeptember 25, 2016
A typical day at Rite-Aid is ringing customers out, unloading the trucks and putting items on the shelves, and responding to back-up calls from co-workers if the store was busy. I learned how to make the store a joyful and friendly work enviromment by interacting woth customers. The management employees were helpful aswell. I became good friends with the other co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the pressure of not messing anything up when the store got busy but I got through it successfully. The most enjoyable thing about the job is interacting with different people and customers.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and enjoyable environment
Cons
Short lunches and no breaks
Love job description but hate company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 22, 2016
Love being a tech,and working with customers. Co workers were great. Very flexible with other. However company does not care about employees only customers. Lowest pharmacy pay ever. Very much under paid. Decent work hours are unpredictable. Short breaks.
Pros
Love helping customers
Cons
Pay rate
productive
Merrifield, Virginia, customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VASeptember 22, 2016
work hours were very short but i had really nice co workers there. i liked the customers, work environment. I've learned many things there. i had enough chance to contact with different people.
Pros
managment
Cons
hours
Not the best place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJSeptember 22, 2016
Co workers aren't bad, and the work isn't hard but poor mangement makes for a poor working experience. Could be alot better.
Cashier clerk
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  Compton, CASeptember 22, 2016
I was cahier most of the time for the first 3 months at rite aid , i was sometimes lucky enough to have stock duties which consisted of being in a freezer stocking ice cream , sweeping and mopping the entire store, cleaning ice cream department . my experience at rite was OK.
Did not have the best time
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2016
the pay was not the best. but it was weekly. Different sights, they would send you to. Al lot of favoritism. YOU needed to know people to make it there
Fun and energetic love working with different people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 20, 2016
A typical day at work is just like a regular day to me. I learned that being a manger is a big part of the job. My co-workers are very nice and love having me around i'm always smiling and like keeping smiles on other people face especially the customers that comes. The hardest part of my job is when we get truck in, it's a lot of tots that we get it for the store to put on shelves because i have to run back and fourth to the floor to the register but i make sure my job is done by the end of the night. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure that the customers find everything that they need and make sure they leave with a smile on their face and make sure to tell them to come back again.
Pros
we celebrate each other birthdays and also holidays
Cons
Don't get enough hours
Start
Wellness Ambassador/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 20, 2016
Work days are 8-10 hours. I've learned how to work as a team, exercise time management, and perform multiple tasks at once. The staff is welcoming. Stress can become an issue if not properly managed.
Job Description
Wellness Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, New mSeptember 20, 2016
The Wellness Ambassador job description changes on a daily bases. The Wellness Ambassador position is the hardest position in the entire store, with no consideration from the Pharmacy Manager. Corporate is excellent. ..but the Pharmacy Manager and other staff needs to know how important the role of the Wellness Ambassador is and kindly let them do their job duties in a respective manner without pressure.
Pros
Setting up Flu clinics
Cons
Disregard for Wellness Ambassador integrity for company
Lexington District is the Worst
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYSeptember 19, 2016
Avoid the Lexington KY district at all cost. The DM thinks he is the CEO of the company and wouldn't even know how to operate a cash register. He has never taken the time to learn the operations of the business in his two years of existence however he acts like he runs the company and makes up his own policies and rules. The VP is a even bigger joke, who has been in the same position and area of over half a decade yet asks other people why they choose not to advance within the company when they are content in their position just as he is. DM speaks very rudely to all managers to the point where it should be illegal. Do not apply for a position in Lexington unless you want to feel like your a worthless piece of trash because that is how the District Field Leaders will treat you. Don't Let the DM blow smoke your way, hes two faced and he will betray you in a heartbeat, the Lexington district has to be one of the worst places to work in all the districts at Rite Aid thanks to the current DM.
Pros
Cons
DM has no integrity, lies, no leadership
Good work culture
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Union Gap, WASeptember 19, 2016
Rite Aid is a wonderful company. They always care about developing their employees through continuous training and teaching models, providing positive feedback and addressing any work related issues.
Pros
Highly stressful work enviornmengt
Cons
They care about investing in their employees
Great place to work I learn a lot
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 18, 2016
I did great customers service interact with customer excellent place to work I feel welcome working with the staff.I show them the best of my ability to work.I always,on times for work. I appreciate my customers I always make them laugh and smile I had a good relationship with them.
Friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 18, 2016
The store I worked at seemed to be amazing at most times. The crew was always using teamwork and trying to be as friendly as possible with each other. The store manager there is such a nice guy and he loves when his employees do better.
Great group of people
Cashier/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Daniels, WVSeptember 18, 2016
Would actually go back to work their if I could. I was very pleased with my job. I always enjoyed working with the public, and meeting new people. I am a very friendly easy going person.
Pros
Great at making sure breaks were given
Cons
Short staffed
good place to learn and work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 17, 2016
Perfect work atmosphere with amazing coworkers and professional pharmacy manager he has the ability to manage the pharmacy and learn us to provide excellent customer service .
Awful management
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  ohioSeptember 17, 2016
Dangerous and awful management. I was promoted just to fill space. Our DM showed up once every two or three months.There's no customer control at all figuring the policy states they can steal and there's nothing anyone can do but the police you call who show up hours later if at all. It's just a sad place to work with old systems. P.S. pharm gets away with everything and the FE are their slaves.
Best company
Pharmacy Intern and Grade Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2016
I have worked with Rite Aid for 3 years. Its been dream job. I am leaving company because I am moving to other state where Rite Aid doesn't have that many store to offer job.
diverse and fun environment
Asset Protection Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 15, 2016
working at Rite Aid i have a met wide range of individuals from different ethnics. it help to me interact with them learn about them a little more and gave me an opportunity to respect them.i have also met a wide range of customers and using my good customer service skills i was able to assist them to the best of my ability and ensuring that they had the greatest experience ever and making sure they were satisfied.
good
Clerk (Former Employee) –  King City, CASeptember 15, 2016
Staff are friendly and always willing to help each other, pharmacist there were fun and friendly. Rite aid pharmacy is always very busy because is the only one in town.