Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 5,326 reviews matching the search
Productive work enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, KYJune 25, 2017
This was a very challenging job everyday. I enjoyed ordering items for the store making schedules and handling all invoices and office work. I also enjoyed helping customers and interacting with me on a daily basis.
awesome manager
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Centerville, TNJune 25, 2017
i had a amazing manager the customer service in that store is one of the best I have ever seen alot of amazingly caring people work there and not just upfront but in the pharmacy as well
Pros
great people
Cons
pay is to low
Productive and nice environment to work in.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  N Attleboro, MAJune 25, 2017
Busy pharmacy with awesome pharmacists. Corporate's matrices are over the top and pushy in a very busy pharmacy where the concentration of prescriptions, accuracy in high volume is more important with customer attention and care.
Pros
Awesome pharmacists to work with and train you well and very supportive
Cons
Corporate matrices need not to pressure pharmacists and techs. Pay scale
great pay, lots of hours paid vacation
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CAJune 23, 2017
Busy all the time, added work loads with delivery, Learned delivery operating system. Had to multi-task answering phones, working on the deliveries and cashiering. Some fellow workers were unpleasant to work with. Many of my fellow workers are still great friends.
Pros
great hours busy good benefits and vacation time
Cons
short staffed
Nice Place to Work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 23, 2017
I temped there for only a short time but it was very nice. The management was very nice and offices were good, good equipment and fun people to work with.
Flexible schedule and team focused environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 22, 2017
Rite Aid offers a flexible work schedule which makes it a perfect second job or part time job. A typical day at work for a shift supervisor involves checking in vendors who deliver products, assisting customers, completing sales, and helping cashiers. There is also miscellaneous task that must be completed everyday. It is very much a team based culture.
Big company pharmacy
Pharmacy Manger (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 22, 2017
They try to make an impact in culture at Rite Aid, however it is hard to implement nation wide as I found out. Honestly, like most pharmacies, it depends on where you find a job.
Pros
Better than average culture but by a little
Cons
Still feel like they need to improve lunches and breaks
Warehouse
Replenishment Stocker (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJune 22, 2017
It is a warehouse position. You need to be able to bear the elements and the heavy lifting. Otherwise this is a good job. I would work here again if I lived in the area
Pros
It was night work
Cons
Weather
No room for advancement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIJune 22, 2017
I have worked for this company for over 15 years. They are not great with personal advancement. I work between 32 and 39 hours a week. I do everything that is required of me. They do not advance their workers even though they are qualified for a new position. I start my day with cleaning the store to make it presentable for the customers. I take in the truck deliveries and put away all of the products. I also cash out customers for their products.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
No room for advancement
itsnwas a nice and plesent place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 22, 2017
it was a easy job everybody got along and helped each other when needed and they was very understanding of your personal life and if you need extra hours theybwould help you if they can
Great people to work with.
FIELD TECHNICAL SUPPORT (IT) (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, VAJune 22, 2017
It's a good company to work for regarding field work but somewhat stressful and difficult but depending on your stamina, it's all good. A lot of driving, 250 to 300 miles per week in a fleet vehicle.
Pros
Good pay, benefits.
Cons
Lots of driving.
friendly
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  imperial valley brawley caJune 22, 2017
Rite aid has offered me room for advancement . I started with rite aid in hand dip ice cream. I love my job and my team . we are small store in a small town, I work with great people ,but I think I am just ready for a change.
Pros
great customers and co wokers
Cons
drive thru pharmacy hard on back and very hot
limited employee growth
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2017
Rite aid does not allow employees the tools to grow and advance throughout the company. Instead of promoting from within in the out source jobs from other companies that are comparable to their business.
Pros
Short term disability, flexible hours
Cons
inadiquite management, lax enforement of policies
same as other rite aid
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mint Hill, NCJune 21, 2017
I have already written a review and don't understand why I cant skip this review. rite aid is a good place to work with quick days and good benefits. meet a lot of interesting people too
Terrible
Head cashier, stock, returns, damages (Former Employee) –  Hasbrouck Heights, NJJune 21, 2017
I worked for this company for 12 years and they never let me advance. Their trick is to hire from outside the company for management at a lower rate of what they pay their current employees so that they don't have to pay an existing employee more when they advance. That is very slimy and poor ethics.
Pros
It was in walking distance from my house.
Cons
Not a company to advance in, just a stepping stone if you are looking for quick work.
Na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 21, 2017
i love working there. i love costumer service. i do feel that there could have been better marketing decisions. but all in all was a great experience.
Not the worst place to work but could be better
Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2017
Upper management turnover rate was excessive resulting in constant changes. Employee morale could have been much higher. Raises were minimal although duties were constantly added on for all employees while payroll was frequently cut.
Excellent
Multi-Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJune 21, 2017
Rite-Aid has given me the opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet so many different people & to develop excellent relationships both with fellow management, employees and customer.
Great setting
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 21, 2017
I worked for Rite Aid at the same time I attended school, it was a great place to learn and grow as a pharmacist, the only reason I left was to expand my experience in other areas of pharmacy
Pros
Family service oriented
Cons
Retail can be demeaning
Company is good, but also depends on where you work.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 20, 2017
The company is good. Work load isn't as much as long as you set a boundary on the things you can and can't do. If you're a good worker, the management will give you a lot of things to do..that's because he/she knows your capabilities and what you can get done. Otherwise, it is a good company. UNION job, plus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.