Rite Aid Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,982 reviews matching the search
Cool
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 28, 2016
Awesome for college student, and I love the diversity. However I feel that once you excelled over a year you should be able to reap benefits like a raise or a paid week vacation!
great team members and a funny supervisor
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2016
A day at work would be clock in and get to work no hi or how are you from your bosses. They all tell you do this and that today, that would be the first thing to come out of their mouth and with no curtesy being said.
Pros
two fifteen minute breaks
Cons
short lunch breaks
Holiday Parties
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 28, 2016
Typical day at work is very busy and steady but manageable. I learned not only to multitask but I gained great listening skills. I love my manager and co-worker. They are a great group of people and we have each other's back. The hardest part of my job is when we are short handed, customers come in not feeling well and are understandable impatient. The enjoyable part of my job is I can always count on one of my co-workers to make my day>
Pros
Holiday Parties
Cons
Short breaks can be taken if it is needed
pharmacy has very little tech help and there is not a store manager
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 27, 2016
no lunch no break.there is a tech 4 days per week. pharmacist is usually forced to work alone. it is miserable and unfair and based on script volume. I would not recommend this store to anyone, all the pharmacists except two are looking for other jobs. There is nothing good about the job except the pay.
Pros
salary
Cons
not time to eat or even drink
Great Place To Work
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 27, 2016
Great Enviroment Great Advancements Great Advancements Great Higher Up Management Great Work Ethics Great Customers Great Co Workers Great Product Great Pay Great Company All Over To Work For In This Economy.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Not Everywhere In US
larger the company became worse it was
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 27, 2016
confusing with so many leadershp changes, i made the best of a bad situation and just did my job and extra i could to help stores. i stayed positive. lpm duties was my goal to learn. my manager in my last year was great. co-workers kept things challenging. constant leadership change and change in policy made things hard but i made the best of it. getting job done felt awsome.
Pros
flex schedule, travel to different stores
Cons
no team work, lack of training, no advancement, poor communication, illegal servaillance
It was fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 26, 2016
i have good and bad days there i learn you can do anything to make it and management was awesome there i really enjoy working there for the time being there my co workers was really cool we talk time and time the hardest part of the job was the customers they were very rude to us and the enjoyable part of the job was wake up and going there
Hot & always mandatory overtime
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAJuly 25, 2016
The job itself is easy. But there is no air conditioning. & they always have mandatory overtime so my sleep schedule is all messed up. I don't have time to do anything. Got hired as full time & they won't let me switch down to part time. Really don't like the work conditions.
Hard working environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2016
Customers are great but not enough workers. This job is hard to please everyone with very few workers. I won't suggest that this job should be your first job.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough help
Good to work at just boring.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Gibbstown, NJJuly 24, 2016
I didn't mind working there it was an easy job but was boring. The management that I've had through the year that I've worked so far was very well. I had a good time and liked the people I worked with but was planning to get a bigger and better job.
Pros
Great managers, employees, and was easy.
Cons
Too easy and boring
Certified Pharmacy Tech - not an easy living
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDJuly 24, 2016
Our pharmacy staff is wonderful and we're all like family. Management at district-level could be considered low quality at best and negligent at worst. The pay is terrible and the job is high-stress 24/7. The customer base varies, as with most jobs, but some can be truly terrible. In this position you can expect to be yelled at, berated, cursed at, and in general made to feel terrible.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
low pay, high-stress, rude customers, poor upper-management
normal
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJuly 23, 2016
this is just as normal and as simple as it can be. this is a small box retail and 1 truck per week with a limited amount of works.
manage the people and store to company goals!
Very demanding low paying job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 22, 2016
When I first became and employee for Rite Aid I started out as an assistant manager. I felt that I was paid pretty good, I had to work 45 hours a week not to bad 5 hours over time. I decided to apply to take on my own store. I took that job and I was not paid much more then I was making as an Assistant. I did it to gain more knowledge. I was at my new store for only 2 months and then upper management started to cut my hours for my store on my hourly employees and that left me to pick up the extra shifts and I had to make my management team work as cashier. When you have an issue with an employee you have to go through the chain of commands which is understandable, however the wait time for you to get an answer in unbelievable. By the time you are answered the employee had already forgot what they did because you can not say anything to them until you get an answer. I had to deal with this with one of my employees for several months and it came down to the point where the said employee was to be let go. The answer I got back was no they have been with the company a long time let them stay. So with all that happening I was not backed up at all and made me fell like I was not respected as a manager so I made the decision to leave the company.
Pros
make great friends
Cons
unfair treatment from upper management
good place to work for.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJ 08723July 22, 2016
Rite-aid was a great company to work for, great customer base. Co-workers were amazing as well. Management isnt the best. also the pay isnt good at all
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
does not pay enough
Good
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 21, 2016
● Doing all retail pharmacy technician job familiar with PDX and windows base pharmacy software,

processing to filling prescription and helping pharmacist in pharmacy related work.Attending high phone

calls volume from customer and doctors. Working with different private insurance. Stocking,filing,supplies.

Ordering CII to CIV prescriptions medications.Familiar with automated Script Pro filling machine.

● Good retail services, communications skills, consumer interaction, attending high phone calls and other

pharmacy skills.
It was great experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 21, 2016
It was a great experience as a shift supervisor. Responsibility with the company and my co- workers. Learned how to run a store.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Good work
Loss Prevention Agent/Asset Protection Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2016
Rite aid was a lovely place to work.

A typical day at rite aid was eyes open at all times along with customer service, helping the store associates and maintain the positive atmosphere.
Catching dishonest customers...
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, ORJuly 20, 2016
Helping customer find what they needed, helping the staff stack shelves.
Fixing signs that were on sale, and cleaning the areas around the store
Pros
Work with good co-wokers
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Nice place to work
Store Detective (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJuly 20, 2016
During my time at Rite Aid, I gained a lot of knowledge, the ability to observe and decide if or not I would apprehend a suspect, I also learned the ins and outs of camera installation.
Pros
Decent Hours
Cons
Constant Travel
Productive place to work at.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 19, 2016
Its a ok place to work at. I'm jus looking to expand my range of interest and knowledge. I'm interested in making more than what I make at Rite Aid to support my family.