Rite Aid
2,755 reviews

Rite Aid Employer Reviews

Head Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Fun fast paced environment
Cons: Lunches were short
Lead pharmacy technician in high volume pharmacy. Data entry, filling of medications, answered phones, quality customer service. Made necessary calls to doctors and insurances.
fun exciting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: fast paced
Cons: n/a
interact with people all day,cashier,cleaning ,helping out in the pharmacy,stoking shelves,making end caps look nice,on the go all the time fast paced enviroment,made friends,great team members,helping people,dealing with people that were unhappy.
Great first job experience.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 28, 2015
If this is to be a part-time or temporary job, it's perfect. Prepares you for most jobs dealing with customer service, stock, cash handling, HIPAA..
good staff and customers
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good computer system
Cons: No breaks, long hours
extremely helpful and hardworking coworkers and staff. Learned something new everyday, grew as a person and a pharmacist. Enjoyed interaction with customers. Hard part of the job was the long hours especially when understaffed.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Sterling, VAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Learn about different types of medicines and their content
Cons: they have different shifts
•I finalize transactions on the cash register and provide customer service.
•Other responsibilities include scanning items, processing payments, applying coupons, providing change.
•My customer service duties include providing product knowledge, answering customer inquiries, and handling customer complaints, additional job duties as a Rite Aid cashier include stocking shelves, answering phones, monitoring inventory, and maintaining a clean and organized store environment.
•As well I possess adequate communication skills, math knowledge, exhibit friendly and helpful attitude.
Good 1st job for getting into pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 26, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: pay
Much slower days than Fred Meyer. I learned all my pharmacy skills from Rite Aid, Mostly by Pharmacist that wanted to see me succeed. My co workers were very helpful with my growth as a tech. The hardest part of my job as a new tech was working with insurance. Again my customers made my job enjoyable
productive easy going workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Lakewood, WashingtonMarch 26, 2015
A Typical day at Rite Aid is greeting each and every customer as they walk in the store, making sure they are informed on the product and know where the product is in the store. Cashier 5 or 4 days a week, depends on on who was working, Stocked the store once a week.
challenging exciting motivating and flexible
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Belcamp, MDMarch 26, 2015
Typically open the store at 9 am and works throughout the day to 9 pm. Right from the start I set the mood and the pace of the work flow at the pharmacy. E scripts are already auto populating in the cue and the leading tech is typing them in as they come. Patients are calling in refills and more patients are dropping off new prescriptions while waiting in the store for 15 to 20 minutes. I have to quality check the prescription and dispensed within the promised time.
I have to incorporate immunizations with my regular workflow.
I have to manage both my time and also the other pharmacy personnel.
I have to maintain and account for the current pharmacy inventory.
The hardest part of the job is managing pharmacy personnel since I have to account for hours worked and carefully plan hours not to go over budget.
The most enjoyable part of the day is when I resolve a patients problems within a timely manner while still maintaining proper work flow. Example a patient has been to 4 diffent pharmacies and cannot get the medication. I call the doctors office and recommend available alternatives. The doctor accepts my recommendation and within a few minutes the patient walks out the pharmacy with a bright smile on their face.
loving job
Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: hour break
Cons: no healthcare
Costumers were great. easy job, fun managers. The job was laid back. each employee had a section they had to be done daily so that was a huge plus.
Small retail company
Asset Protection Agent (Current Employee), Fresno,CaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: I make my own schedules and can choose between an hour and half hour lunch
Cons: No room for promotion
I go into the store and begin my routine. I check cameras and partner with management to identify if theres anything I need to address. I begin my check off list. Ensure EAS towers are working, ensure bag checks are being done, Ensure vendor and fire logs are correctly being used. Once my daily routine is done I then identify the dishonest customers who attempt to cause a loss to the company. The best part about my job is knowing that I am making a difference. Knowing this keeps my drive going and helps me to find new and better ways to do my job.
great place to work
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 26, 2015
Pros: learned a lot on how to use the pharmacy computer and how to do orders
Cons: standing to long and short breaks
learned so much being a pharmacy tech. got to learn how the medication work for certain illness, how to manage the dosages for all the patients that got their medications filled and it was a fast pace place
Fun Workplace
Wellness Ambassador (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYMarch 26, 2015
Enjoyable to work with the managers at Sears. Not a very productive institution for the placement of the building was horrible and not much traffic.
The Pharmacy was a good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), West Columbia scMarch 26, 2015
I learned how to fill prescriptions, i printed labels, and learned the computer system. I very much enjoyed meeting new people.
Store level management great, district not at all
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), MAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: my coworkers were like family
Cons: almost no benefits
awful corporate management. store level management was great. I really regret working for this company. Working for Rite Aid was unbearable. I did more than my job description with no appreciation.
Good partime job.
Store Associate/Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Great Neck, NYMarch 25, 2015
The hours here are long and the composition is poor. You will never receive a pain increase more than a couple of cents per year. Most people working here make minimum wage including manager's.
great place
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 25, 2015
friend staff, taught me a lot of stuff when i was externing here, sure miss the staff a lot. it is a busy pharmacy will costumers that i was scared of
Productive, fun workplace
Pharmacy Associate (Former Employee), Coudersport, PAMarch 24, 2015
this was a decent place to work however the company itself needs a reevaluation due to the fact that I think they are completely selfish and not in the right place
everything that was required in fast food
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Williston, SCMarch 23, 2015
I had to run cashier, cook,train, hire, fire at the store. I also had to open, close, clean the store. I was also responsible for making sure the cashiers was presentiable and following the safety and sanitation rules.
it was a very fun and enjoyable place to work
Stock worker/Cashier (Former Employee), 462 5th AveMarch 23, 2015
This was a very fun and very calm fitting for work. It was always something to do and it was not really many slow days at work. There was of course discontent customers but they were manageable and my co-workers where always pleasant to work with. Management however was the worse. With the exception of 1 manager who was very understanding, The store manager has no communication skills. She was very disrespectful and felt she could talk to anybody in anyway she felt.
Good working enviroment
MANAGER OF PLANOGRAM MERCHANDISING (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Good work/life balance. Great employee recognition program. Great benefits. They promote from within.You get out of it what you put into it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rite Aid

Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states – Read more

Rite Aid Salaries