Rite Aid
2,105 reviews

Rite Aid Employer Reviews

fun workplace
Stocker (Former Employee), Wilmington, CAJuly 23, 2014
Stocked merchandise in store through-out day

Maintained maintenance in store

Provided customer service throughout the store
Great Job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 23, 2014
Great job and work environment! The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping people.
good company
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Morgan Hill, CAJuly 22, 2014
good place to work clear duties and great customers. I enjoyed training new hires and helping the store run smoothly.
Stay to yourself
Field Technician L2 (Former Employee), Metro DetroitJuly 21, 2014
Pros: working by myself most of the time - no one to distract me.
Cons: being on the road all day, you don't always get the help you need when you need it.
Only thing I can say is - stay to yourself and don't get involved with ANYTHING that is not part of your job. For instance, if your a front end cashier - just stick to that! Don't get involved what the pharmacy, management or store security is doing. I learned that after 12 dedicated years I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and ended up getting – more... fired for simply defending myself against an unprovoked shoplifter attack. If I would've been on the other side of the counter or any other part of the store, I would still be employed. – less
Nice customer base, extremely friendly environment.
Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee), Spokane, WaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: friendly, good work environment, loved the customers
Cons: random schedule, regular call-ins, could use better management
Signing for received packages and letters, defective/ outdates, stocking shelves, facing aisles, knowing location of items in store, assisting customers as well as management with what they asked of me.
N/A
Pharmacy tech (Former Employee), Huntington, NYJuly 19, 2014
Nice place to work. Coworkers are friendly and supportive.
Slow work pace.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: full hour or half-hour lunch breaks.
Cons: small, dark break room.
The slow work pace was tiring.
I work best when i have a lot to do.
I was by myself at the front of the store most of the time.
No security.
Co-workers, as peers were nice and personable.
Poor management.
nice experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Cleveland OhioJuly 17, 2014
I got to know my customers and make them feel comfortable i helped out whenever someone needed help.
Worked hard everyday
Pharmacy Technician - Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Lynn, MAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: when you were not able to fill a prescription yet, and trying to explain why the insurance would not allow it.
Everyday was different, different customers. Learned how different medicines were used and what the were used for. I had great managers and co-workers.
typical day at sitel
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Opp, ALJuly 16, 2014
Pros: steady amount of hours
Cons: healthcare, non physical.
A typical day at Sitel consist of answering phones. Learning people skills. the management is ok. Co-workers are usually ok not hard to deal with. The hardest part of the job is not that the job itself is hard ,but dealing with the customers. the most enjoyable part of the job is when I am not working on the phones but answering other representatives – more... questions. – less
Productive place and less crowdy..mean co-workers
Staff Pharmacist, Eckerd (Former Employee), Deptford, NJJuly 16, 2014
busy place, mean coworkers. long hours..long shifts

well experienced technicians
ok work place
selector (Former Employee), dayville ctJuly 16, 2014
working for rite aide was ok but to many over times for me to be home at good time for my family but was nice to work on my own.
Busy store
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee), Ontario, ORJuly 16, 2014
Pros: the customers for the most part are wonderful people
Cons: customers as well as coworkers can be irritable and difficult to please.
Keeps you on your toes with close to 400 scripts filled a day. Some days the harsh words of customers and sometimes coworkers can get to you, but the familiar and happy faces of our regulars always makes it better.
Challenging, Communciations Industry
Corporate District Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2014
I enjoy learning new things everyday. I enjoy being in a fun environment.
Easy work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Bay City, MIJuly 15, 2014
Provide customer service at the cash register as well as the sales floor.
very good place to work withe great benafits
Retail / Cashier (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: bathrooms
its a great environment to work everyone is friendly as well as the customers. i learned how to talk to variouse types of people and now looking at it i was first a mellow shy type of guy now im very outspoken. one of the most enjoyable parts is that the day goes by really quick because their is always something to do.
Fast-paced, productive environment.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Warren, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: 10% employee discount
Cons: low pay
Typical day is a very fast-paced one. I would come in to work with prescription waiting to be filled, customers waiting in line to pick up and drop off prescription, and at the same time customers waiting at the drive-thru.
One of the many things I learned was to manage my time, and to fill prescriptions quickly and properly, there wasn't much room – more... for mistakes. I learned to multitask, from counting pills, prevent a prolonged wait for any customers, picking phone calls, entering information, and keeping the place clean and professional.
The hardest part of the job was getting used to the stress level and how fast you have to react to issues. No customers enjoys a prolonged stay at an "convenience" store.
Lastly, the most enjoyable part was the customers. Even though, that's where all the stress is coming from, after many routine visits I grew fond of them. When there's a chance, I would listen to their stories, whether it be how bad or good their day was, or how life used to be, or some weird conspiracies. Every story was enjoyable, and made my stressful day a little easier. – less
Store closed
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lincoln Park, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: union shop, fair and timely raises, scheduling, great manager
Cons: store closed, bad neighborhood brought in a lot of shoplifters
Rite Aid was actually a decent store to work for. You always could approach management; as were they always quick to introduce you to higher ups and visiting management. I did work in a union store, so the raises came as they were supposed to, you have the union to back you if needed....plus I had some great co workers and an awesome store manager!

One – more... issue tho, with a CPhT, remember you always start at the bottom and when a store only has 2 or 3 techs, the one that's been there 150 years will think she not only owns you, but owns the store as well. Just be aware! – less
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good amount of hours, okay pay
Cons: terrible management, favoritism
Rite aid was by far my least favorite job because the managers were very rude and they showed favoritism towards other employees. IT was a easy job i was good at and i was fast. I worked well with everyone and most importantly i gave each every customer excellent customer service. Although my current job doesn't give out enough its way more peaceful – more... then rite aid was. – less
Rite Aid
pharmacy tech (Current Employee), Fayetteville gaJuly 13, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: pay
I work with a pharmacist. I deal with doctor and nurses on daily basis and including customers that come into pharmacy

1 2 3 4 5

About Rite Aid

Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling – Read more