Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 5,146 reviews matching the search
Customers and staff seemed very prejudice and unfriendly
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 27, 2017
The work load was too much for two women to do and wasn't compensated enough for the hard work. There was no room for advancement and opinions were not valued.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough workers and unappreciated
ok first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2017
Working a rite aid has given me a lot experiences in management and leadership skills. It is a great first job but nothing further you learn everything within the first 6 months of working
Great place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge Terrace, LAMay 27, 2017
Love the environment the culture .. the mangers was understanding.. showed the employees a lot of attention. Wired around your schedule .. good pay ..
ok
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
they are an ok company they have a good union and benefits they work you hard but you dont get paid enough for your efforts i liked that it was full time and had great benefits
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
nice work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OHMay 26, 2017
When i worked with Rite aid it was a fun and productive work place. I went from part time to full time pharmacy tech after a few years of being there. One thing I didn't like when I worked there is they didn't give me benefits after I asked several times. The HR person pretty much let it go through one ear and out the other.
fun and good to work for
shift supervisor/cashier (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 26, 2017
i started off in the pharmacy as a cashier bagging scripts and ringing customers out. the job is demanding at times but the other associates were over all easy to get along with with very little drama. i got promoted to shift supervisor and i loved it
Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OkadaleMay 26, 2017
I enjoy working here because the people are amazing. Manager is knowledgeable, and professional. As a shift supervisor, i am in charge of shift and that it runs smooth and effective.
Pros
benefits, vacation
Cons
30 min lunch
Nice Overall
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 26, 2017
I had a nice work team and enjoyed working with customers on a daily basis. I learned a lot of cashier skills and basic store maintenance. I was able to improve on my communication skills.
Bad BAD Company!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 26, 2017
Terrible company to work for. Sometimes a decent place to shop. Other than that, avoid this place by all means! Prices high for no apparent reason. Corporate Rite Aid does not CARE about you or your well being at all.
Pros
Cons
No lunches, no vacations. Work work work and no compensation
no help
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 26, 2017
open 77 hours per week with only 20 hours of tech help per week.so most of the time you have to answer 3 phone lines, run the cash register, fill all the prescriptions, etc, you are allowed 2 weeks of vacation but almost 100 of the 365 days of the year are automatically blocked off. as of april of 2017 there were no weeks available to ask off.
Pros
retail is tough
Cons
retail is tough
Upper Management disconnected
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 25, 2017
Upper Management disconnected with what really happens inside of ground-level stores. Plenty of demands without knowing how said demands will impact stores. When you succeed there is plenty of online "congratulations", no real incentives where it matters.
Pros
If you hire the right people, it will be a fun place to work.
Cons
Upper Management, pay, incentives, recognition
bad place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 25, 2017
not appreciated, stressful, hard, no breaks, mean workers, and customers. No time off, worked you until you cant work anymore. bad hours, no help on pharmacy test.
It's a job.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DEMay 25, 2017
The people are nice. The administration doesn't seem to care about the employees. The pay is not very good. It can be quite stressful depending on the day.
stressful
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 25, 2017
the work load is stressful and constant from the moment we started work. they kept cutting the pharmacy tech help, so every minute was loaded with decision making and checking prescriptions, helping someone find the butt cream and giving a vaccination....
Pros
good pay
Cons
constant stress
Place of employment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 25, 2017
• Handled weekly schedule with respect to payroll policies
• Store supply order; receive process and distribute stock throughout the store accordingly
• Assessed the sales floor to determine store needs
• Directed and supervised employees; engaged in sales, inventory- taking, and reconciling receipts
Pros
Discounted Merchandise
Cons
Wages
Great first Job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reading, PA 19606May 25, 2017
If you are looking to get your foot in the door then Rite Aid is a place for you. You can advance in the company by working hard and being reliable...
This job was alright to start with.
Cashier/Floor Team (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 25, 2017
This was my first job and it was fine to start with. It was fairly boring at my store and there was a lot of theft issues, but overall, I am not too picky and it was only for a short time.
The company needs some work.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 24, 2017
The company needs more incentives to make their employees feel valuable and appreciated. For example working as a supervisor, the pay wasn't that great. When minimum wage was bumped up, I was only bumped up to minimum wage, making the same as a cashier who has no responsibilities. I had to email the higher ups just for a raise.
Relaxed work environment, easy to get along there!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHMay 23, 2017
I made a few lifelong relationships there that I will cherish. I enjoyed establishing a relationship with the patient and helping them get better! My coworkers never hesitated to help me with anything that I happened to be stuck on.
Pros
Nice lunch break of 30 minutes
Cons
A/C unit often broken.
exciting, relaxing, very fast past
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 23, 2017
The day go start off very fast and be under the pressure of the work load. Eventually it cools down giving the opportunity to catch up on unfinished work. Then start right back up. Always something to. I've learn how to handle each customer that walk throw the door in a professional manner. Each manager was different and had their own unique work style which sometimes counter other manager work style. Which was the hardest part of the job. Not many people was on the same page. Another factor would be the overwhelming amount of customer. Multi tasking was the key factor and hardest part. Over i enjoy the environment it keep me active.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.