Rite Aid Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,901 reviews matching the search
I have grown as a professional.
Manager Treasury Processes (Former Employee) –  Etters, PAJune 28, 2016
I am flexible and hardworking. I am looking to continue my career with an organization where my skills and experience can assist that company to meet and exceed their goals
Unwelcoming workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 28, 2016
A typical day consisted of stocking shelves, bringing up sales items from the basement, and handling the register up front. My coworkers spent more time talking than actually working. Management was not always direct with instructions and lacked communication skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was still being able to put a smile on customers faces from being myself.
Negative Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forked River, NJJune 28, 2016
I had a rough time working at Rite Aid, as it was my first job and eye opening experience to how people as customers can really be. Possibly it was the location, but the customers were awful. However, it being my first job - I learned how to work a register and was taught how to provide customer service and maintain a clean and organized store. My co-workers were all older than myself, as I did not bond closely with many of them. The hardest part of this job was being the lowest on the totem pole, as it seemed all responsibilities were given to me and I would sometimes be the only one on the floor and have at least five people on line and expecting to be out in a timely manner. The only thing I can say I enjoyed about this job was the discount.
great people to work with
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJune 27, 2016
same as previous, I have learned two different systems in the last 2 years after being at a position for 17 years, so I feel I can learn anything needed with some time and training
Decent Job
Wellness Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYJune 26, 2016
You do the same thing everyday. There isn't much of a hassle and there work definitely isn't hard. As long as you just do with what you are asked to accomplish everything should go well.
Cons
Short breaks.
productive most times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  branch aveJune 25, 2016
work would be slow,
learned how to have control of a bad situation with customers like what to do.
my boss was nice
co workers weren't as productive as they should have been
hardest part of the job was trying to satisfy all the customers when the store didnt have what they needed.
most enjoyable part was getting to know some of the customers by daily visits
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great employee discount
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 24, 2016
the hours were terrible, the work was very hard and tedious, and the managing team was not the best. I do not ever wish to work there again.
Pros
great discount
Cons
no breaks, long hours
Rite Aid
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601June 24, 2016
Nice place to work (i work in the pharmacy). The pay sucks, Rite Aid is way below the national avg for Pharmacy tech positions. its really sad that my best friend is a cashier at McDonalds and makes 2.50 more per hr than i do. I am also a C.P.H.T. which means i hold a national certification and license to be a pharmacy tech (which is not required by law in most states) and is not required by law in new york.
Pros
great work place, Union job
Cons
Low pay, no room for advancment
fun work environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  various locationsJune 24, 2016
In 24 years, I have worked with a number of different people and I feel that everyone I worked with had something unique to offer. Work was always fun and enjoyable.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
I enjoy working at Rite aid
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 23, 2016
I think it is hard to balance your personal and work life. They do offer internal promotions and was able to advance quickly and learn Multiple departments.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Long Hours
Busy fast paced hectic
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJune 23, 2016
All in all not really a bad place to work. Over the years retail pharmacy has changed so much. Sometimes it feels like more profit based then customer experience based. There's too much asked of too little staff and asked to do it with a smile. You must be patient and well equipped to multi task. I started with this company when it was a Thrift Drug. I've gone through 3 possibly 4 buy outs and learned no one company is better than any other. The hardest part of a work day can vary from day to day. For me it's the standing on a concrete floor all day and having to deal with difficult customers and co-workers. You'll have that any where.
Pros
job security, benefits
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Supervisor
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CAJune 21, 2016
• Provide customer service while maintaining our store standards.
• Provide direction and assistance in the completion of daily merchandise and operating tasks.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Store Manager and/or Assistant manager.
• Manage tasks, and supervise store associates in those limited circumstances when the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager are unavailable.
very hectic and fast paced environment.
pharm tech (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 21, 2016
Very stressful environment. People and coworkers were very rude and nasty. Tried to do the best of my abilities. I kept everything clean and helped everyone when i was able to.
pharmacy tech
PHARMACY TECH (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 20, 2016
not enough pay or hours. Pharmacy manager was not understanding. Not no place i would want to start a career unless I'm a pharmacist or pharmacy manager
Pros
its just a job
Cons
nosey people
My position working with Rite Aid
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 20, 2016
Cashier- Customer service at the register of selling products along with extended service plans and enforced store policies. Guest Service Representative: Cashier, Customer Service, Organized store in alphabetical order, Computer Skills & typing, Multitasked, Teamwork/Player, Maintained store, Handled money, as well as opened and closed account for customers. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills between cashiering & customer service, with a high ratio of membership sales .
fun place to work
Cashier, Stock, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJune 20, 2016
Rite Aid was interesting to work for. I started out as just a part time cashier that led to full time that led to shift supervisor. although i was not crazy about some of the work ways of the the managers above me, I still conducted myself in a proper manner ...
Seasonal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  California, PAJune 19, 2016
It was a wonderful job to be able to come home from school and work for the summer as a seasonal employee. All the other employees were nice and the hours given are reasonable.
very productive work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 19, 2016
it was great to be my own boss working up front ringing sales doing photos I loved working there. I got to meet and greet smiling faces daily
good college job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MAJune 19, 2016
They were great about scheduling around my school schedule, and the customers were usually great, but thats about all there is to say about it unfortunately. not much room to advance and a lot of empty promises that dont get followed up.
A good learning experiance
Cashier/Floating Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Lion, PAJune 17, 2016
A good starting job.
Learning something new everyday.
Getting to see friendly customers.
Getting to work with different medicines.
Must be good at counting!
Pros
discounts on store items
Cons
Very low pay