Rite Aid
3,022 reviews

Rite Aid Employee Reviews

great place to work
Clerk (Former Employee), Hazard, KYJuly 4, 2015
as a sales clerk got to interact with people and make sales and put up stock and price items basic retail sales floor with uniforms and clean cut great co workers and had a lot of fun
Good Place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Growth/Promotions with in
Great Employer for advancement.Everyone has good team work. The hardest part of working in a high volume store is being able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Do not apply to Rite Aid
Wellness Ambassador (Former Employee), PAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: See Review
My review comes as a former employee who worked for Rite Aid for close to 6 years. I have seen vast changes in this company and they are not for the best. Below are some of the situations you need to be aware of before you apply or accept a job here.

1. Rite Aid does not care about its employees. They market, "behind every customer experience is a great associate experience." However, if you are to receive a customer complaint, they will value the customer's input first before listening to your side. The customer gets a $25 gift card and you get scolded or written up.

2. Wages are HORRIBLE.
If you are hired as a Pharmacist, you will make a lot of money ($100K). Both cashiers and pharmacy technicians receive minimum wage (Rite Aid doesn't recognize if you are a licensed tech, so don't expect a pay increase) and shift supervisors only receive $1/hour more than them. Wellness Ambassadors start at $10.50. Also, some Rite Aid's have Unions (which don't do anything for the employees), so expect close to $50/month deducted from your paycheck for Union dues.

3. Flu Shots and Immunizations.
Rite Aid is changing from "just a Pharmacy" to offering clinical services such as flu shots and other immunizations. This is a great service to customers, however expect to always ask customers if they wanted this immunization or that. Just wait till flu season comes around, too. Corporate will call your store to make sure you are asking if someone wants their flu shot when the phone rings or send in undercover customers to make sure you are asking at the registers. Our stores – more... in the district didn't always ask and employees were written up due to this reason.

4. No commissions from reaching goals.
Stores are required to reach certain goals in terms of immunizations, Loyalty card sign ups, etc. The cashiers, techs, supervisors perform these task while the Front End and Pharmacy Manager make sure the staff is asking. You can reach your store goal, but the FE or RX Manager gets a bonus for achieving that goal. Don't expect them to split it with you! Your hard work won't pay off. – less
Excellent place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 1, 2015
Very fair working environment. This job focuses on team success. You receive a great deal of support from fellow co-workers.
A great start out
Cashier (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 30, 2015
If you looking for a great place to work with levels of growing this is the place. The only downside is that the executive of the store can careless about your problems and everyday life.
good working place
Cashier (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYJune 30, 2015
nice place to work and would work there again. I LOVED THE HOURS AND THE STAFF, it was a growing experience. thank you, i would work there again
FTS at Rite Aid
Field IT Technician (Current Employee), Gilroy, CaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Lots of Freedom
Cons: Lot of driving
Working in the IT services at Rite Aid is a pleasant experience in comparison to the store services side. I learned just how much technology you don't ever see in retail stores that are behind the scenes. I can configure a server in one stop and the next stop work on a robotics machine used in the pharmacy. Never short on things to work on, with, and learn.
Fun and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Potlucks and holiday pay
Cons: no yearly paid vacations
Working with Rite Aid for Two and half years has made me grown personally and professionally. I have that with this experience life is what you make it.
My Work Memory
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJune 29, 2015
I don't really have typical day of my previous work because I had good relationship with my co-workers. I learned much as I continued to deal with customers. For instance I learned that you have to be patient in order to deal with customers. Ultimately, I enjoyed every assignment.

Robert Mugabe
Great Starting Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJune 28, 2015
It was a great job to start off my career to working full time and learning new areas of the store. I not only worked in the pharmacy but got to meet new people in the different areas of the store.
Good benefits, poor management.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Calais, MEJune 28, 2015
Pros: Allowed you to make up time if needed for Doctors appt's, etc.
Cons: Breaks were hard to fit in due to being extremely busy.
Nice place to work, decent atmosphere. good benefits. Immediate pharmacy supervisor not very people friendly. Poor human relations skills with customers explaining insurance rules which caused problems for everyone else defusing irate customers. Retail Management was great.
Everyone was very friendly and made work feel it was more of a family environment vs actual work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Springville, NYJune 28, 2015
Pros: we would have monthly luches and sometimes extra one depending on how well we did.
On a typical day we would have to stock the shelves put up new merchandise ensure that everyone is doing what they are assigned to do. I learned how to manage the floor and keep the store running with out the store manager. The management was amazing they were fun outgoing and did anything they could to make the hard parts of the job fun or at least tolerable. The hardest part of the job was truck day we would have to unload tons of boxes and totes and then have to stock the shelves. The most enjoyable parts was the parties and the charity events we held we were always doing something fun.
Employess are great
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Nice customers
Liked my Managers both front and back, Supervisors were very helpful.Pharmacy gets really busy especially with drive thru, not enough help because of cutting hours.
Job security is paramount
Puller/Trainer (Former Employee), Morrisville, PAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Worked overtime each night.
Cons: There is one hour break each day.
Worked overnights. Quiet in warehouse and supervisors are vigilant. More warnings are given employees if there is any error on part of employee. It is very hard to see the Human Resource personnel in center of warehouse. Depends greatly on his supervisors, zone leaders and managers.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good Place to work
Cons: Job Security
Management is descent and the workplace overall is pretty fun. The only thing I don't like about Rite Aid is the Job Security that's it/
Productive work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 26, 2015
Best place to interact with people and create connections with customers. There is so much to learn and great work flow.
fun
Stock Room Employee (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2015
I love working for the company because it's challenging and rewarding.as long as you come to work on time and do what you have to do you can get far in this job.
Racist.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), East Providence, RIJune 26, 2015
I absolutely hated that place.I was a certified pharm tech .I got fired 3 weeks after I showed a doctors note saying I couldn't come in.3 weeks. I worked in a huge 24 hour store and hated the fact that I was the only minority there in the WHOLE STORE. the front store manager tried to get me fired for being 2-3 minutes late now and then.he wasnt even suppoed to be in charge of my time sheets.my pharmacy manager was.anyhow,i contacted HR and they ended the front store situation,but fought venomosly against me getting unemployment.my boyfriend just bought a house and pays mortage.oh,and i forgot,he also works at another rite aid down the street and is an assistant manger who knows the district very well.they started basically giving him the cold shoulder because of me,especially when they found out this BLACK girl was dating this WHITE star assistant manager.i hate that racist place.they care nothing about their employees and the pay is horrible.the most enjoyable thing about it is going home.
Good people.... not great hours
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), PAJune 26, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: no family life
I love working with people and the customers. Work weeks are about 40 hours you don't get weekends off our holidays.... I also work two nights of overnights. so it's hard to see my husband and little girl.
Wasn't a plesant place to work
Pharmacy cashier/Pharmacy technician intern (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCJune 25, 2015
Pros: pharmacy training
Cons: no hours
A typical day at Rite Aid consisted of clocking in and running the register until time to clock out. I learned absolutely nothing and the manager was never available when needed. Co-workers never stayed employed there long. The hardest part of the job was staying committed to work only one day a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was that when other stores had the hours I could go work in their pharmacies and train which was what I was hired for.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rite Aid

Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states – Read more

Rite Aid Salaries