Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 4,117 reviews matching the search
Work..but that's about it
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2016
Depends on where you go possibly, but at least for me it was too much work and no where near enough payroll to do it. You're not salaried, but the workload is too much for 45 hours. You're only going to have 1 person in the store at a time for the majority of the time. The pay is not high enough for all that you are tasked with doing. That is especially true for your supporting management staff. The training unfortunately is done with a thrown to the wolves mentality with too small of a grace period for the steep learning curve.
Pros
Benifits were ok for single people, customers, and co-workers
Cons
No real work life balance, poor training
Fast paced, friendly workplace
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 29, 2016
Cash registers will always brake down. Also the A/C in the store and so the customers will start complaining. Tough time serving ice cream to customers. Management takes advantage of the part timers, they over work them. Their work schedules aren't stable, they change it every week and so the employers get very upset specially when they work holidays and weekends constantly with no breaks. And nobody is assigned to do one thing in the store, everyone gets switched around. Your title will be cashier, but they might be put you to serve ice cream. Not Fair.
Pros
discounts
Cons
entire management, benefits, salary
Great work environment
Cashier/ Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 31, 2016
I have been with Rite Aid for a year and seven months now and I have nothing but things to say about it. For starters this was my first job out of high school and well I'm glad to have been given the opportunity to work with great people and great costumers in a great work environment. I have learned a lot in the past months and I continue to learn more as days pass. A typical day at work consists of nonstop costumer service which nothing makes me happier than to see a costumer happy. I have learned everything from pricing, using the cash register, counting money accurately and above all how to provide perfect costumer service. To this day I haven't yet found anything hard about this job, everything is pretty straight forward and easy. As for the most enjoyable, well I guess everything about it is pretty enjoyable. Everything from my co-workers (who have become like a second family to me) to my customers is enjoyable at rite aid.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers
Okay starting job if looking to get into management
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDFebruary 22, 2016
I noticed that it was very easy to get promoted in a short amount of time. While I was never transferred, it appeared as a fairly easy process. My most current store manager had not previous experience as a head manager and it definitely showed. He had several visits from district managers and our regional vice president, who he apparently had personal as well as work relationships with, and they let a lot of his mishaps and unfocussedness slide. The store manager before him had a history of bad customer service and fighting in store with other employees and still was promoted to a larger, higher volume store. I had a hard time dealing with these mangers in a professional manner. I luckily had other co-workers who were a complete delight to work with, managers as well as cashiers and pharmacy department members. I hope to take the management experience gained here to future employment.
Cons
low quality benefits, breaks are not required for managers
Enjoyable Job. One of the best jobs that I had
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2016
Clock- in. Count the tills. Place Orders for Truck Delivery. Interact with Customers.

I learned how to make bank deposits. How to run a store by yourself. Overrides of transactions. How to handle difficult situations.

Management was very good. Always helpful. Fun. Organized.

Hardest part of the job: Thefts. Crazy Customers.

Most Enjoyable part of the day: Helping a Customer. Putting a smile ton their face.
Pros
Benefits.Job Advancement.
Cons
Thefts. Long hours.
People saw each other as an equal and treated each other with respect
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYJanuary 28, 2016
I have trained Pharmacist and new Techs, there was a grand feeling of team work. Each person treated the other with respect and concern if there would be any situation. We could always depend upon each other. The benefits were great. My boss did not see herself in the roll as my boss but as her partner. She expressed to me on many occasions that I should become a pharmacist. If one person needed the day off of work that person would feel comfortable asking another to cover. District Managers gave me more hours due to 2 of the girls being out for long extended times. Both my Pharmacists refuse to share me with other Pharmacist.
Pros
benefits, quarterly raises, friendships, respect
Cons
leaving there
nice clean work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 3, 2016
went to work regularly the customers as nice and friendly polite I learned how to stand for long periods of time I learned what it means to be a security guard my managers ws cool I injoyed them they kind spirits and my co workers was welcoming. but the hardest part of my job was standing for so long but the most enjoyable part ws making customers smile
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks no benefits
Adequate place of employment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIDecember 10, 2015
Employees are asked to do several jobs at a time. On a typical day this ex-employee was a security guard, receptionist, truck yard seal checker, employee services helper.

Learned to multi-task, manage meetings with multiple supervisors regarding routine security obstacles.

Encouragement for employees based on a adequate motivation lottery system. Not many opportunities to build culture.

Benefits matched by company though costly. No opportunity for advancement. Management overwhelmed and needed current practice training.
Pros
Small discount in stores
Cons
limited breaks, health care costs expensive
Challenging
Head Pharmacy Technician & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAApril 3, 2016
Great Place to work because there is a union and great benefits are provided to employee's. Time management is extremely important in this job and I perfected my time management skills at this company. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping others feel better.
Over all great experience working there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 21, 2016
Great place to work for. I had an excellent and considerate manager which made me love working there more. They had training videos which helped me further understand the expectations and qualifications to working there with the process of how to carry out individual tasks. They had a clean lay out of the store and efficient software to prevent any confusion among the workplace making the experience working there efficient and well organized.
Pros
Efficient software and sign ins, Practical shift cycles, Very organized, Reenacted and thorough training videos
Cons
Short breaks, Leave benefits
Lots of stress for little reward
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Brewster, NYFebruary 1, 2016
As per the usual with retail work, a typical day would consist of anywhere from 250-400 prescriptions being filled. Although my coworkers were helpful and taught me much, every day is stressful to a certain degree due to the ebb and flow of customers. Have 1199 as a benefit provider, or I would, if they didn't make me wait a year to receive benefits. It's kind of worth it in the end though, especially when you form a repertoire with the patients.
Pros
Friendly faces, sense of camaraderie
Cons
Extremely stressful, lack of upward growth
Hardwork pays off for the most part anyway
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 12, 2016
basic employee's and supervisors aren't paid fairly however they are provided good health benefits by the union. I started from the ground and built my self up so if you are hardworking advancement is possible.
Pros
Job security, Benefits
Cons
Cooperate is very inconsistent, lack of resources
Enjoyable company as long as you have a great support team
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Angola, NYJanuary 17, 2016
Every day ranges from 8 hour shifts up to 13 shifts depending on your store. Some days can be extra hectic with unforeseen problems arising and patients that are problematic. However there are also good days interspersed when everything seems to go smoothly. Working with my co-workers was great since I have worked in different stores that do not always have well trained or competent employees.
Pros
high salary versus other job markets
Cons
no lunch breaks or any breaks for that matter, use the bathroom whenever you can find a second to spare
Fast paced environment
Lab Technician Trainee (Current Employee) –  Adams, MANovember 27, 2015
A typical day at work consist of cashiering, accurately filling prescriptions, answer multiple phone calls at once, going through faxes and filling prescriptions, filling prescriptions from WIMO and the data entry, correctly maintaining patient profiles, hanging up prescription bags in the correct spot (last name alphabetical order), and help answer customer questions and concerns or direct them to the pharmacist. My hours fluctuate from a four hour day to an 11 hour day with only a half hour break or no break. I have learned a lot about multitasking and quickly solving problems in a professional manner. I have also learned how to look up customers profiles accurately. The hardest part of my job is trying to learn all the important information I need to know in such a fast pace environment, also the fluctuating hours make it a challenge to schedule anything outside of work.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, long hours
Productive & Fun Company to work for
MEDICATION DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 27, 2016
A typical work day at Rite Aid is meeting new people and the joy of helping people who are in need of their medication. There is no hard part of the job. I enjoy what I do. I work alone because I have to travel by myself to transport clients medication to their homes. I really enjoy working at Rite aid. Although I am looking for another job it will be in addition to this job. I am a hard worker, fast learner and very driven. My goal in life is to one day own my own medication delivery business.
Pros
company car
benefits
Not a good fit for me
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 14, 2016
The Pharmacist manager made several offensive remarks in regards to customers receiving medication on State Medical benefits. I myself am a single mother, whom depends on state medical for assistance. The environment was uncomfortable and not a good fit for me.
Pros
Gained experience working in retail Pharmacy
Cons
Pharmacy manager made several uncomfortable renarks
my voyages with rite aid
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 8, 2016
rite aid is a very fast paced business with a hugh seasonal sale,ive learned alot by working with a hugh group of co-workers.ive climbed my way to upper managment with hard work and being able to take directions and give directions..harderst part of my job would be the differnt ways of life and reasons why the customers are shopping rite aid
Pros
yearly raises..
Cons
not enuff hrs for help
Had to work different hours, worked late some days and had to come back and work early the next day
Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Omak, WAMarch 28, 2016
learned how to deal with issues and deal with customers, Co-workers were always willing to help out. The hardest part of the job would be getting called in on a day off.
Pros
Great Store Manager
Cons
health benefits
Productive and inviting environmen
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Greeting customers and assisting them with questions. Developed one hour photos. Put up and took down weekly sale signs. Explained the benefits of the store's rewards program. Stocked shelves. Management was supportive and always challenged me to do more in order to develop customer service skills as well as merchandising skills. Coworkers and managers were always willing to support one another.
poor work experince
Head Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NJMarch 2, 2016
I've been with the company for 11 years. I had to fight for every raise I truly deserved and was also forced out of a job position which resulted in lost in pay.
Pros
co workers at store level
Cons
upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.