Rite Aid Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,975 reviews matching the search
Hot & always mandatory overtime
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAJuly 25, 2016
The job itself is easy. But there is no air conditioning. & they always have mandatory overtime so my sleep schedule is all messed up. I don't have time to do anything. Got hired as full time & they won't let me switch down to part time. Really don't like the work conditions.
Hard working environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 24, 2016
Customers are great but not enough workers. This job is hard to please everyone with very few workers. I won't suggest that this job should be your first job.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough help
Good to work at just boring.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Gibbstown, NJJuly 24, 2016
I didn't mind working there it was an easy job but was boring. The management that I've had through the year that I've worked so far was very well. I had a good time and liked the people I worked with but was planning to get a bigger and better job.
Pros
Great managers, employees, and was easy.
Cons
Too easy and boring
Certified Pharmacy Tech - not an easy living
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Berlin, MDJuly 24, 2016
Our pharmacy staff is wonderful and we're all like family. Management at district-level could be considered low quality at best and negligent at worst. The pay is terrible and the job is high-stress 24/7. The customer base varies, as with most jobs, but some can be truly terrible. In this position you can expect to be yelled at, berated, cursed at, and in general made to feel terrible.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
low pay, high-stress, rude customers, poor upper-management
normal
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJuly 23, 2016
this is just as normal and as simple as it can be. this is a small box retail and 1 truck per week with a limited amount of works.
manage the people and store to company goals!
Very demanding low paying job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 22, 2016
When I first became and employee for Rite Aid I started out as an assistant manager. I felt that I was paid pretty good, I had to work 45 hours a week not to bad 5 hours over time. I decided to apply to take on my own store. I took that job and I was not paid much more then I was making as an Assistant. I did it to gain more knowledge. I was at my new store for only 2 months and then upper management started to cut my hours for my store on my hourly employees and that left me to pick up the extra shifts and I had to make my management team work as cashier. When you have an issue with an employee you have to go through the chain of commands which is understandable, however the wait time for you to get an answer in unbelievable. By the time you are answered the employee had already forgot what they did because you can not say anything to them until you get an answer. I had to deal with this with one of my employees for several months and it came down to the point where the said employee was to be let go. The answer I got back was no they have been with the company a long time let them stay. So with all that happening I was not backed up at all and made me fell like I was not respected as a manager so I made the decision to leave the company.
Pros
make great friends
Cons
unfair treatment from upper management
good place to work for.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJ 08723July 22, 2016
Rite-aid was a great company to work for, great customer base. Co-workers were amazing as well. Management isnt the best. also the pay isnt good at all
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
does not pay enough
Good
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 21, 2016
● Doing all retail pharmacy technician job familiar with PDX and windows base pharmacy software,

processing to filling prescription and helping pharmacist in pharmacy related work.Attending high phone

calls volume from customer and doctors. Working with different private insurance. Stocking,filing,supplies.

Ordering CII to CIV prescriptions medications.Familiar with automated Script Pro filling machine.

● Good retail services, communications skills, consumer interaction, attending high phone calls and other

pharmacy skills.
It was great experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 21, 2016
It was a great experience as a shift supervisor. Responsibility with the company and my co- workers. Learned how to run a store.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Good work
Loss Prevention Agent/Asset Protection Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2016
Rite aid was a lovely place to work.

A typical day at rite aid was eyes open at all times along with customer service, helping the store associates and maintain the positive atmosphere.
Catching dishonest customers...
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, ORJuly 20, 2016
Helping customer find what they needed, helping the staff stack shelves.
Fixing signs that were on sale, and cleaning the areas around the store
Pros
Work with good co-wokers
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Nice place to work
Store Detective (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJuly 20, 2016
During my time at Rite Aid, I gained a lot of knowledge, the ability to observe and decide if or not I would apprehend a suspect, I also learned the ins and outs of camera installation.
Pros
Decent Hours
Cons
Constant Travel
Productive place to work at.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 19, 2016
Its a ok place to work at. I'm jus looking to expand my range of interest and knowledge. I'm interested in making more than what I make at Rite Aid to support my family.
Good place, bad pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 18, 2016
Working at Rite Aid, I was cross trained to also be able to work in the pharmacy as a cashier. I learned to work with a drive-thru pharmacy window and to get customers the correct prescriptions.
The hardest part of the job was getting through the rush of customers.
My coworkers and managers were amazing and helped when needed. Everyone worked together to get the job done.
Pros
Easy job, Cross Training available
Cons
Short breaks, Pay
A lot of good workers
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 18, 2016
Wish they had not closed Distribution Center. I wanted to retire at Rite Aid. Had a lot of good coworkers and friends at Rite Aid.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad Health insurance
ok
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2016
the people I worked with made it comfortable for me to stay there and worked with me by helping me out a lot. I learned a lot from them
2nd worst job I had
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 17, 2016
Pay was not equal to the demands of positions which include a constantly changing schedule, physical demands(heavy lifting, cold temperature and skeleton crews to put up stock from trucks). Management was scared of employees and never disciplined disrespectful and threatening employees. Glad not to be there anymore.
Pros
Cons
managment, schedule, lazy co-workers
learning
Wellness ambassador/ Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJuly 17, 2016
This ompany was an amazing leaning experience. All of the "family" was willing tp help you understand what needed to be done and guide the way. I personal wish i was still working there!
Pros
Experience, great hours
Challenging but fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 17, 2016
Working at Rite Aid was quite an experience. It was my first job so it was a lot to take in. However, I believe I did a great job adjusting to it.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 16, 2016
I go in and make sure dont noone take anything that do not belone to them they is a good company to work for I just want to have more then one job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.