Rite Aid Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,841 reviews matching the search
A enjoyable place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEApril 29, 2016
Rite Aid is a great company. This company had taught me how to count pills, putting on labels, and scanning inventory. The co-workers are great people to work with. The hardest part is standing on your feet for hours. The most enjoyable about this job is the customers providing them our best service for all. I am always busy helping others we work as a team. Management is also great I had learned from my bosses knowledge about pills, insurance, how to enter patients information into the computer.
Pros
benifits
Cons
standing on your feet for hours
Supplying the shore with narcotics
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Barnegat, NJMay 12, 2016
Management like to keep store salary low so they could get a bonus each year. You have to negotiate a reasonable starting wage. Most of the customers were power plant employees looking to fill narcotics and they always ran out to soon. Pharmacist had a raw deal getting abused by unhappy patrons on a daily basis. Could never take a break. Did not get raise, increase, percentage off of store items. No good incentives towards working there.
Cons
No advancement and district manager is mean.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMay 25, 2016
I am a shift supervisor and i love my job. Our store makes into the 3 digits yet some how we get no praise and no one that wants to advance in the company gets any acknowledgment from the district manager. He goes to other stores and compliments them but not us. He constantly bagers us when nothing is wrong. I wanted to become an assistant manager and my district manager knew and he never reached out. Everyone in our district knows me because of my work ethic and not even one acknowledgment. It's very hard to move up in this company especially with out district manager. No opportunity of growth at all.
Pros
Great work environment, great flexible schedule
Cons
Scooping ice cream.
Independent Pharmacy
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVMay 6, 2016
Busy days, standing all day, customer service, restocking products, greeting customers, typing prescriptions, answering phones, inventory management, prescription filing, care home drug packaging, prescription sales, deliveries, compounding medications, constantly multi tasking. Owner was amazing. Every day I was happy to go to work. Hardest decision of my life to leave but had to be closer to home. Learned everything I know about the importance of hard work and customer service in my pharmacy career that will stick with me the rest of my life.
Pros
Family feel, great customer service
Cons
small company
Rite Aid Pharmacy
technician (Former Employee) –  Richboro, PAMay 2, 2016
Rite Aid is a wonderful company to work for. This company has helped me gain knowledge in the professional field. Being a pharmacy technician I have acquired several essential skills such as filling medications for patients, processing insurance claims, developing relationships with customers through integrity and morality, scanning medication inventory, printing labels for medication bottles, and all other pharmacy duties/skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customer service that I provide for our customers. Also, the management here is great. I have acquired knowledge from my managers about medications, insurance, and how to process all scripts and enter them into our software.
nice job to work at and very flexible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work is to greet customers and to make sure that they find everything they need. Customers are our number one priority. The management is just fine and they will work with you when you have any questions or concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job is that your hours are flexible and you can talk to someone that is working with you. The hardest part would be truck day, because i would have to run back and forth to make sure that no customers are needing help while i put my stock up.
overall employment here is not all bad, but is far from good
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Beacon, NYMay 9, 2016
i really enjoy assisting customers with finding items on shelves, calling insurance companies, processing, selling, and counting out prescription requests, answering phones, filing paper prescriptions, making sure prescriptions are hung in alphabetical order.
My co workers are pretty awesome. they are very helpful and mostly open to answer all questions.
I would say the hardest part of this job is the low pay. it's a lot of work and isn't compensated correctly. although the benefits do kind of make up for some of it.
Cons
Pay rate
Stressful job, low wages, no appreciation
Wellness Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 10, 2016
Turnover rates for Wellness Ambassadors are very high because the job pays too low for a job that is very difficult to manage. There are very little support systems, and most of the time you'll be trying to wrestle for any sort of leeway with your managers to give your position a little more freedom. For the pay rate you'd expect an intermediate entry job, but it is very difficult, and most people who stay as a wellness ambassador long-term are middle-aged adults. I would not recommend taking this position.
Pros
Independent
Cons
Wage, management, freedom
Ex Warehouse Employee
N/A (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 8, 2016
There is not support from the upper management. Employees can treat management like they are the manager and get away with it. It was fine for many, many years but the heart went out of the company and it became a stressful place to work for and very frustrating. They want lower management to get things done but don't realize what the steps are to complete the job. The teams work long hours from 9 to 12 hour days at times and that causes safety hazards and errors in the work. They don't realize that. good is the benefits and vacations that can be accumilated.
Pros
Benefits / Pay
Cons
Management support
slow paced retail
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYMay 2, 2016
My typical day at work consisted of opening and closing the store, having access to the safe and making sure it stayed at its normal amount. I counted drawers up and down (including pharmacy's). The hours where too long- some days I would work 11/12 hours and others I would work 4. I didn't mind the long days if they were more consistent and I felt like I wasn't being paid enough for the effort I was putting forth. I was in charge of the entire cosmetic section which included stocking and making sure products were ordered when we ran out.
Pros
good boss
Cons
no uniforms, unpaid breaks, working sometimes 9-10 days in a row
Dysfunctional store with poor management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 9, 2016
I was continually harassed and bullied by my manager. She made her own rules, and ran the business by her own corrupt ways. We were always understaffed and overworked for very little pay. All the employees are unhappy because the manager is a bully. I went to corporate 3 times to try to get transferred but was denied. Its liks they don't care because Walgreen are taking over. I hope they see this woman for who she is, and gets rid of her. I have never worked in such a dysfunctional atmosphere before. Go to college, get a degree, and dont waste your time at this store!
Pros
Cons
Corruption, lies, understaffed, harassment
It's retail.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 17, 2016
I must say I have really enjoyed working for Rite Aid over the years...7+ years at this moment. I have done a lot, been all over Washington, met a lot of great people. Depending on which store you are at you may have a story to tell everyday, so never a dull moment. Can be very high stress depending on your job title and store location. I watch people commit felonies all the time, their policy on shoplifting and returns is worthless...have yet to see any positive results from their policies. Just some fired management.
Pros
Promotional opportunities, decent pay, job security, good benefits
Cons
High stress, massive shoplifting, managers work LONG hours
A fun place to work, in a great location
Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMay 25, 2016
on a typical day, I would work with customers and stock shelves. I was the head cashier. I learned how to work a cash register and how to handle customers who can act irrational. The management was very friendly. They have worked their for a while so they made the work place a home. I had few co-workers. Some of them were difficult to work with because they simply did not care about the job. The hardest part of any job is finding someone who shares your work ethic. The hardest part of this job was trying to close on time. Everyone would take their time. The most enjoyable part was being able to participate in fundraisers that support health.
Pros
Supports a healthy lifestly
Cons
Odd hours
They tell you one thing at interview, and then it changes once you are hired.
Pharmacy Technician in Training/Cashier (Current Employee) –  NYApril 23, 2016
Was hired for pharmacy tech, told I would take certification exam after 700 hours..I have worked full time for almost a year and still no exam. After a week of working finally found out my rate of pay..9.25 an hour when during interview was told I could get 10.00, favoritism is horrible, running register is above some...I love the job itself, but rite aid corporate does not care bout you.
Pros
Full time.
Cons
No breaks, favoritism
Enjoy working in a fast paste environment.
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 2, 2016
I learned how to do price changes and set up profit planners with my assistant manager. Worked together with the pack down team to get pricing and ad ready for sunday morning. Delegate closing duties to associated by utilizing Ride Aids Tour Sheet. Provide excellent customer service and train new associates. Work closely with store manager on freight day.
Pros
customer feed on our stores customer service.
Cons
employee turn around.
Productive work environment
Pharmacist Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2016
I was an excellent pharmacist so I moved up to being a pharmacist manager very quickly. I learned how to manage a retail pharmacy and hire and manage coworkers. Set budgets and adhere to them.
Prepare and administer medication and provide excellent customer service. I am also very knowledgable in OTC meds and I am able to suggest OTC preps.
Pros
Excellent opportunity and room to grow
Cons
No protected time for breaks so a 12 hour shift was very hard
Poor Communication with Corporate
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 19, 2016
I am a student, but Rite Aid told me I was to complete their training program that I was only able to attend once a month due to class availability and class schedule. I was not able to complete the training in time, and was terminated without notice to me or to my store, and found out a week later when I called the district manager to ask why I couldn't log in. My store was great and full of great and capable people, but corporate not as great to their employees. Overall enjoyed my time at my store.
Cons
Poor communication to corporate
Fast paced work environment
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 17, 2016
A typical day at the pharmacy included greeting customers, opening and closing duties, cash register tasks, medication audits, handling insurance issues, referring to the pharmacist as needed, and helping customers buy the best over-the-counter medications when prescriptions were not available.

Management was always very involved and knowledgeable. Whenever I had a question or concern, the pharmacist on duty was there to assist.

Meeting new people everyday made the job interesting and exciting. There was always something new to learn and ways to grow in my knowledge of medication.
Productive and Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAApril 14, 2016
Well I like working at this job because well it was easy. It wasn't that hard all I had to do everyday was ring up people and put stuff back on the shelves. Also before we close I would sweep the floor and clean the counters. The managers were cool as well they didnt care to much as long as you were doing your job. They cared for their workers. The hardest part though and that would terrify me is the shoplifting. We were in a area where high crime was at and gangs and other things were there. Sometimes we would call the cops of people if we caught them.
Pros
Friendly Managers, Sometimes free food from management
Cons
Shoplifters, Low pay
Always complete what you started, don't leave your mess for other co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAApril 13, 2016
Happy,hard worker,experience,knowledge,multi-task,and dependable.
There is always something new to learn and I'm a fast learner. When I train or work with other co-workers I always have a positive attitude. When you have to call more than 5 times for a refill with no reply would be the hardest part of the day. When my customers/patients are happy and satisfied, that's what I do best.
Pros
Having a clean, safe, healthy environment to work in.
Cons
When refill requests take more than 72 hrs