Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Not enough money
Field Technical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Southeast, GAOctober 19, 2017
Maintenance for stores is not a priority neither is pay equality. Overall management is fair and friendly but there is not enough capital to make this a successful company. Also, most stores in the south east will become Walgreens by the spring of 2018.
Pros
standard benefit package, friendly management
Cons
low wages, poor store support
stressful
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Belle, WVOctober 19, 2017
not much help is given from management, expected to fall in line and do things their way or get fired, hard hours with no breaks and no time to eat lunch
basic retail cashier job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 19, 2017
working at rite aid is not something I would recommend but if someone is in need of a job and doesn't mind working retail this is not a bad job to have.
Pros
discounts
Cons
its a retail job
It was pretty chill.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCOctober 19, 2017
It was a very calm environment. Management was just very bad. After we lost our general manager, we received a new manager, and he was just completely different and had a different style of managing things.
Pros
Pretty easy
Cons
Short breaks, Boring
Terrible
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDOctober 19, 2017
Worst job I ever work at. No vacation time. No set schedule. Management was always changing. Very unorganized. Some peer weren’t very friendly. Very inconvenient.
Cons
List can go on.
Productive with fun but serious associates
Pharmacy Cashier/ Front End Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAOctober 18, 2017
My typical work day was helping the front end with customers, stocking the shelves, taking care of out of date products, counting down drawers, opening and closing the store, reconciliation of the store, and help the associates and customers. My next typical work day would be helping the pharmacy being a cashier and pharmacy technician. I would open and close the pharmacy when needed before I became full time. Once I became full time I would help re stock the medication shelves, record doctor prescriptions, fill the medication and place prescriptions in review for the pharmacist. I would also help with taking care of the customers checking out their prescription's.
Pros
Worked with my best friend
Cons
The benefits weren't the best
Its not the best place to work at
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2017
It's really not a workplace for anybody the benefits aren't that good & the pay wage is unfair especially if you work on truck days it's draining & the manager isn't reasonable
Good student job.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYOctober 18, 2017
Working at Rite Aid is a typical retail experience at a small store. You deal with customers at the checkout or on the floor, manage the inventory, and set up displays every season. It's not a bad job, but your not really going to go anywhere with it.
Rite Aid
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 18, 2017
I loved working at rite aid, there were some things that could change. I stocked shelfs, ran register, helped customers where need be. The most enjoyable part about my job was my customers.
Pros
customers
Cons
pay
Need Cultural Change
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 18, 2017
Long time since ive worked there but it had poor management. They needed certain process in place to ensure a routine. They had great people that worked for the company but lacked leadership skills.
cashier
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 17, 2017
i would mostly service people's item at the cashier. As a cashier i would have to accept the task from my supervisor or manager to help with stocking the inventory that has to be filled in the shelf.
Pros
they are very flexible with the hours to your convient
Cons
no cons
Awful
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  New Albany, IN and New Salisbury, INOctober 17, 2017
Pharmacy Technician jobs are awful. you do all the work of the pharmacist without the respect or credit. Its so stressful and everyone is hateful....especially the customers on welfare that want everything for nothing. Retail is awful and that job was no exception. The more I learned the more everyone took advantage of me and the more I had to do for multiple stores. When I left I made so little it was a joke compared to all I had to do. Stay away from RITE AID!!!!
Pros
health benefits were decent
Cons
pay was terrible, many so-workers were back biters, hours were bad
nice place
Day/Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 17, 2017
no room for advancement at all. union based environment. compensation arranged by the union representatives and change in position or compensation without union approval
nice work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 17, 2017
good company to work for even though there was no room for advancement. benefits were average. wages were average. although the people i worked with were friendly there was no room for me to grow in the company
Fun and interesting place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 17, 2017
Working at Rite Aid made me super interested in the Pharmacy field. Learning all about different medicines and what they do really intrigued me. The coworkers were always a pleasure to work with and I never dreaded going to work.
Great Learning Experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIOctober 17, 2017
The Pharmacy was a very fast paced environment. The Pharmacy management was knowledgeable and helpful. My co-workers were very friendly. I enjoyed this job so much because it was very team oriented. The most difficult part of this job was the busy Monday's and the elderly patients passing away,
Pros
Relationships with Patients and Discounts.
Cons
No time for breaks and no benefits.
Lowest paying pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 17, 2017
Was not a pleasant place to work and the stress wasn't worth the bare minimum they pay. I did not feel appreciated and it was an unprofessional workplace.
Love the customers but not my coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 17, 2017
The company needs to work on better management skills, proper training, and coworker engagement skills with each other. The job was pretty easy and straight forward. I was pretty confused on exactly how my performance was because there was one supervisor who complained about everything I did but my other managers approved of my performance. Other than that I enjoyed interacting with the customers better than the other employees because they were toxic and just gossiped all the time.
Pros
Customers, job was fun to do besides the people i worked with
Cons
Forgotten breaks, toxic coworkers
Not a bad place to work
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCOctober 17, 2017
The job is not hard at all. Once you get use to your customers it can be enjoyable to work there. However, I had bad management so things didn't go smoothly.
A fast pace job
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19140October 17, 2017
I enjoyed working in Rite aid as a Pharmacist. From the start to the end of each day, providing patient care is a very fascinating experience. A management which fully supports customer care gives us peace of mind that each customer will appreciate a job well done.
Pros
Very active role in direct customer care
Cons
Tiring long hours of work schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.