Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 4,323 reviews matching the search
Hard to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Olivehurst, CANovember 8, 2016
Great company at first then I became disabled due to a work related injury that was never reported and from then on I was ridiculed and demeaned my my fellow coworker's and supervisors and considered a burden always being told I should just give up and quit! HR never believed me even after I made several attempts at meetings with them, (I was considered a problem, and I made it up). Over now moved on, and I just hope other people do not have to go through what I've had to go through
Fun and diverse place to work
Wellness Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 3, 2016
I've learned a lot working for Rite Aid. I started out as an associate. I've made my way up to a wellness ambassador. Not only did I learn HOW to do my job but I also was taught valuable life skills. My coworkers are like my second family, I share everything with them. I believe the hardest part of my job is the customers that leave disappointed; or less than satisfied with our service. But even with that being said, the most enjoyable aspect of my job IS THE CUSTOMERS! After all.. "A happy customer is a loyal customer". I've made good friends with my customers.
With Rite Aid it's personal.
productive fun work
pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHNovember 15, 2016
worked as pharmacy tech for 25 years enjoyed my customers and job did all test was certified started to get brushed off treatment youg people came in they let them take over computers put me on counter and drive thru i did not mind multi tasking but no one else did not much pay raise after 25 years of dedication mom was ill had problems with management still miss customers and some co workers it realy hit hard when management did not back.me up and pharmacist i worked with for 20 years pdms most did not care how dedicated you were
Cons
some time short breaks some time no breaks at Allen
Horrible structure
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 16, 2016
I've worked many different places in life and some were great, some so-so. Rite-Aid is a decent pharmacy for customers, but horrible for workers. The pay is much lower than average, and good luck communicating with human resources. I was owed a raise for more than 1 year and the company just kept losing the paperwork. This is not a random complaint as it's one that's pretty common with them. I got a job with wal-mart and instantly got a $4 raise per hour. If it caught fire i'd gladly dump on some wet gas to help put it out.
Pros
Plenti card
Cons
pay, low amount of techs, horrible management
Friendly environment to work
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Fostoria, OHNovember 9, 2016
Typically I worked at the front end of the store as a cashier and it was a great experience building relationships with my customers. I also enjoyed that challenges showed up along the and I learned the correct ways to handle many different situations. My coworkers and I became very trusting of each other. The most challenging part of the job was the challenge aspect but that was also the most enjoyable as I was able to improve upon myself and learn new things.
workplace was nice
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  New Hope, PANovember 11, 2016
¥ Provided quality patient care and fast and accurate medication dispensing.
¥ Managed ancillary staff in fulfilling prescriptions, consulting with physicians and patients with regard to medication dosage, drug interactions, medical equipment, disease management and potential side effects of prescriptions and OTC medications.
¥ Dispensed and compounded prescriptions, and maintained accurate patient records, dosing information and directions for use.
¥ Interacted with insurance providers concerning billing/reimbursement issues.
¥ Kept abreast of new developments within the pharmaceutical industry.
Very nice place to work with opportunities for advancement and a good management team overall.
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIDecember 3, 2016
Management (depends on the manager you get I suppose) is very understanding of your needs and will go out of their way to give you time off when you need it and adjust the schedule to your needs.

All of my co-workers were great, I believe I have a lasting friendship with most of them.

Manager taught me a ton about retail, how to merchandise and set up shelves correctly, how a store should be run and was very forward about advancement opportunities. He believed I could go higher up the food chain, and it showed.
A great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician part-time (Current Employee) –  Inez, KYOctober 31, 2016
Greeting customers and receiving written prescriptions or refill requests. A pharmacy tech must have many skills, mixing pharmaceutical preparations according to written precipions, answering telephones, locating OTC items and managing inventory, etc,etc. I have an excellent professional relationship with my coworkers and I've made some good friends for life. Dealing with insurance company's is always difficult, they don't want to pay for prescriptions a lot of the time, and the customers can get upset. And when someone has a zero balance due, that is very rewarding.
Pros
You can take a lunch break anytime, I really like my coworkers.
Cons
Short breaks, no overtime
I was a Legal Assistant..
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAOctober 28, 2016
A typical day would be sorting mail, faxing , general office work, working on confidential projects with the companies general counsel, cataloging thousands of files for storage , and coping and handling confidential legal documents . I learned how to do all of the above. The management was very nice. Most of my co-workers were nice people. The hardest part lifting heavy boxes. The most enjoyable of my day was working with general counsel.
Pros
I learned a lot, working with nice people.
Active and fun place to work
front-end associate (Former Employee) –  La Grande, OROctober 28, 2016
I enjoyed working at Rite Aid for many years. I was given the ability to work around outside obligations and advanced to a supervisor in a short year. My coworkers were fun to be around and easy to work with and the customers were always happy to see you. The work was not difficult, however sometimes it was a challenge to perform multiple duties at once. It was a stimulating environment that I loved.
Pros
Adequate hours, good people
Cons
minimum wage, hours can seem long
Wanted to move into a Mail order pharmacy and opportunity did not exist
Pharmacist in Charge (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 27, 2016
In all I had a very good experience at Rite Aid but I wanted to move on to Mail Order pharmacy but the opportunity did not exist! I worked for Rite Aid for 36 years and made many friends and advocates of my strong work ethic! I was an asset to the company! The last years RX GROWTH was over 11% being the highest in the district! I will bring this strong work ethic and productivity to my next position in a mail order pharmacy!
Pros
Compensation, some very nice people as customers and management
Cons
Difficult working area, insufficient help at times
Horrible workplace; run like a mob
Ice Cream Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAOctober 27, 2016
The work days were simple, but when I worked there...the management was absolutely horrible. I learned that I never want to work for a company that is willing to fire their employees if they come forward to bringing up an issue. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a horrible security manager and a horrible store manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the coworkers were nice, but they have no drive to move up in rank.
Pros
Great coworkers, decent benefits, union
Cons
Short breaks, terrible management, poor pay
The management team at mt v location rock
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAOctober 25, 2016
Overall a good place to work...they open at 7 which is ridiculous as you get no customers or one..the company runs the labor budget on a shoestring budget with high demands getting projects done on time..the theft is huge and at one time a security personnel was hired but then rite aid cancelled the contract..dumb move...the store has one male on staff...descrimination issue
Cons
The breaks are 10 minute. ..15 minute breaks are the norm these days
It is a good company
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 25, 2016
I'm trying to change my job , it was 12 hours shift , on feet, no brakes so I'm trying to change my style of life
Lately there is less help from the technician. Company has great ideas to help customers, but lacking the hours for the technician and really it's very hard to find good technician like before, plus I need to get more experience in different areas if possible, thanks
I started as a pharmacist more than 10 years ago, the number of scripts was less than 1/2 what we have now
Pharmacy and Front End (cross trained)
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 18, 2016
Helps up front when needed and in the pharmacy. Hours change constantly, can work mornings or evenings, sometimes back to back (evening to morning shift).
Fellow associates and regular customers are friendly and make the workplace a welcome environment.
The store is shorthanded, so we have all had to work overtime and that is fine sometimes, but it's been a few months now.
I like working in the pharmacy because I feel like I seriously help people by working there.
Pros
friendly associates
Cons
too much overtime and hours not steady
got an opportunity to learn more .
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2016
As soon as I finished my classes and externship from Walgreen,I started my job at Rite Aid as a Pharmacy cashier because I hadn't receive my license.I learned so many new things in the Rite Aid Pharmacy as well as got an opportunity to implement my knowledge acquired from my school.I also passed the Rite Aid Certified Exam .I had a nice time working with everyone till the time I was there.The schedule was determined according to the flow of prescription which sometimes made your working hours down.That was a hardest part of the job.
Overall it is not a bad place to work, just not the best.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2016
Shared Quality Assurance, patient counseling, Medication Therapy Management, Medication Synchronization, Point of Care execution.These are all required to be done daily in addition to other tasks.It is busy and fast-paced.
The management do their best to bring you up to speed.
The hardest part of the job is not eating your lunch at times because you are so busy and you are there for 12 hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is patient counseling especially when my patients come back to let me know my medication therapy management counseling made them fell better.
Eric Lawson
Supervisor for the Maysville KY Location (Current Employee) –  Maysville, KYOctober 27, 2016
I have been in retail for more than 15 years, I have been a store manager or supervisor which is the current position that I am in. I work well with others, I enjoy working with the public. I believe when you work for a company you are devoted to their set of rules, I strive for excellent customer service, control shrink/theft, hold employees to the highest standards and maintain a work friendly environment.
Crazy but leveled work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 21, 2016
A typical day at work is always a good one for me because I always make the best of my day. Everyday I learn new ways to deal with customers. My co workers are great I really get along well with all of them. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep my cool when I am addressed but such nasty customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is pleasing the customers.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not enough recognition
slow business
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIOctober 11, 2016
working for rite aid is a starter job in my opinion and it was my first job. Given that, i did not like working there because it was the same routine every day, nothing ever changed and the only things i learned there was how to operate a register and how to use a planogram basically. management was always around and my co-workers were non-verbal unless in front of a customer. the hardest part of working for rite aid was figuring out how to keep a customer happy when the registers went down or the scanners wouldnt work which was a constant thing when i worked there, most enjoyable part about working for rite aid is the smile on peoples faces when they leave the store satisfied.
Pros
Cons
pay, no over time.