Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 5,146 reviews matching the search
Good learning step for me.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 23, 2017
The management had a very blatant case of favoritism and it was unfair to associates. Hard work delegating my associates, taking care of funds, making sure everyone was doing their required task
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Bad management
Pharmacy is high paced, but time flies
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 23, 2017
Job is not overwhelming unless you're not good with dealing with customers. There is always work to do. Pharmacy manager is awesome, and considerate especially when you have kids, Overall its a great place to work.
Everyone associate is friendly and trust worthy
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Richmond Hill, NYMay 23, 2017
It's a 24 hour store its me and one guy with me . Sometimes it's a lot to handle . There was a guy supposes to work night but all the pressure is on me to make the store look nice for the morning only to repeat the same thing everynignt .
Pros
Employees are fun and can trust
Cons
Have to be careful of what you say or do
Job secrity is uncetain
Backup Group Lead - Forks Department (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMay 23, 2017
Easy work. Always something to do which makes the time fly by. Lack of communication between departments and upper management. Poor health insurance coverage.
Managment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 23, 2017
Enjoyed in the assistance of providing speed and accuracy to deliver medications and assist in Spanish translation of consultations. Inventory was always low, store management was always conflicting with pharmacy management and staff.
Pros
Union Insurance, hourrs of operation, yearly raises
Cons
Job politics, poor management
Not everyone has to follow the same rules
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAMay 23, 2017
I enjoy working in the pharmacy and helping others. My issue with Rite aid is they do not compensate hard working employees. I feel that I can earn more working for a different company. Employees aren't treated equally
Cons
low pay
Under paid ans not understanding
Cashier, customer sevice (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJMay 23, 2017
I worked here for a few months before I was diagnosed with cancer. I had to leave to have surgery and when I returned I was treated bad by my manager . The place was always being robbed and we had no security. Working grave yard shift that was scary. No matter how hard you worked things were never good for our manager.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no breaks, always being robbed, dealing with theives all the time
Excellent employer
Pharmacy Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 23, 2017
I like the experience to work over there, a lot of patience from my supervisor. I like the team work and everyone over there feels he is a part of this big corporation.
too stressful
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  NJMay 23, 2017
time to look elsewhere when you get a threat affecting your job about not offering shots , sorry I don't push people to get what they don't want to get...
fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAMay 23, 2017
This specific Rite Aid was extremely busy; always something to do. Great for those who love fast paced environments and interacting with others, especially college students.
Pros
job security, good supervisors
Cons
Non flexible, opens early, closes late
Great working environment
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  VaMay 22, 2017
Great opportunity for advancement in management
*Training can be in classes/ or on the sales floor. Hands on and hands off, best of both worlds
* Rarely unprofessional
* They try to work with you on balancing work and life
*there is always a challenge to pursue

They try but unfortunately fail in helping balance work and life. At the end of the day, the store comes before family, which creates a negative impact at home
* upper management is consistent with training and coaching, but fellow peers/store manager mentors are inconsistent with them
Busy pharmacy with good staff
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHMay 22, 2017
Just like any other chain pharmacy. Little appreciation from management for all the work staff did to keep customers happy. In the end they wanted to cut staff and increase RPh duties with no compensation.
Pros
They give matching 401K
Cons
Poor staffing
Fast paced retail environment
Wellness Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Big Chimney, WVMay 22, 2017
I like working with customers. However the corporate policies are stiff and mostly inflexible. Mostly older employees take advantage of newer employees and do not help in customer service. Unfortunately they know how to take advantage of the system and fail to help with unloading the truck in the early morning hours and waiting on customers. I do these chores willingly but neither responsibility is a requirement of my Wellness Ambassador position. I help out because I care about my store and its individual success.
Pros
Great customer care
Cons
Bad scheduling
Productive and good workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
My coworkers were a joy to work with. After some time I realized that management lied about the potential to move up in the company. I noticed people were being promoted who really weren't qualified. Also the work became mundane and repetitive and found myself getting bored quickly. Overall I would recommend this company to anyone who needs a job, but I wouldn't recommend it for a career.
Fun Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 22, 2017
I worked 8 hrs a day, days and evenings. I would come in and someone else call in and I would leave and come back to cover for them. Management seemed to change alot which made it tough on all of us. It was a fun place to work and really get to know your customers. The hardest part was the flip flop schedule.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Never knowing when you were going to work
fun work space
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 22, 2017
working at rite aid was a great experience for me due the the fact i got to learn a lot of new stuff i never done before. got to learn and better myself with customer service and everyone was great to work with
Rite Aid Pharmacy
State Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 22, 2017
Great place to work. The staff are very wonderful along with the management. They always work at a quick and efficient pace to get prescriptions out in a timely manner.
Understaffed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newport, PAMay 22, 2017
The staff constantly complains to you about other employers. Also when you are busy with your handfuls, the other employees will just stand there and yell at you to get the customers.
Pros
Pleasant Assistant Manager
Cons
mimimum wage
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 22, 2017
I love working there the customers was so sweet and nice it was a great environment to work at i love my employee's there was sweet and nice and love my manager
Workplace Description
Co-manager (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 22, 2017
If you are looking for a place to move up in the company fast, then Rite Aid is where to go. Does involve a lot of moving around, and helping the customer gain the best experience possible. For the most part and to much of their ability, they try to accommodate one's lifestyle, whether it be school,childs, etc. If doing the right thing when working, and showing eagerness and potential, one can move up and run the stores or company one day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.