Rite Aid Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,906 reviews matching the search
fun place to work
Cashier, Stock, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJune 20, 2016
Rite Aid was interesting to work for. I started out as just a part time cashier that led to full time that led to shift supervisor. although i was not crazy about some of the work ways of the the managers above me, I still conducted myself in a proper manner ...
Seasonal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  California, PAJune 19, 2016
It was a wonderful job to be able to come home from school and work for the summer as a seasonal employee. All the other employees were nice and the hours given are reasonable.
very productive work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 19, 2016
it was great to be my own boss working up front ringing sales doing photos I loved working there. I got to meet and greet smiling faces daily
good college job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MAJune 19, 2016
They were great about scheduling around my school schedule, and the customers were usually great, but thats about all there is to say about it unfortunately. not much room to advance and a lot of empty promises that dont get followed up.
A good learning experiance
Cashier/Floating Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Lion, PAJune 17, 2016
A good starting job.
Learning something new everyday.
Getting to see friendly customers.
Getting to work with different medicines.
Must be good at counting!
Pros
discounts on store items
Cons
Very low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTJune 17, 2016
I learned quite a bit how lottery tickets are done different from rite-aid I transferred from that was great to learn some new things compared to other store. my co-workers and customers were most enjoyable part of the job I enjoyed.
productive and fast pased work enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Archbold, OHJune 17, 2016
Good place to work, supportive and hard working work staff. Great place to work if your attending college, hours are flexible, staff and management work hard to ensure you have the hours you need.
Pros
hour flexibility
Cons
no breaks other than a 30 minute lunch
quick fast paced environment, where you can always find something to do.
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2016
if your a cashier you can easily see up too 400 people a day, with that being said its a good way to pass he time. I've learned at a business like that any frankly any business, you are just a number to them, so being that it is 24hr for example if you say you are fully available they are going to take advantage of that and put you where ever they want and change the schedule around as they please. The management is very hard working and i do commend them for that but they try and work all their workers as if we are going to devote our life to them. The most enjoyable thing would have to be the flow, especially on 10th and 5th, there is so many great friendly customers and the neighborhood is lovely; that would have to be the best part about working there.
Pros
the fridge is so cold, and the store is 24hrs
Cons
lazy workers dont get criticized and its only MIn Wage
I enjoy getting to know and work with the new pharmastic that float
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 16, 2016
A typical work day is busy because its very important to not keep the customers waiting, especially when there sick. Working with a great staff is extremely improtant, the flow of the work place is so much better. I enjoy seeing customers happy when getting the medications needed.
Pros
SEEING THE CUSTOMERS HAPPY
Cons
SOMETIMES WE DONT GET BREAKS
Great team and management
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJune 16, 2016
I enjoyed the growth in my customer service skills and working with such an amazing team and management. Overall wonderful work environment.

Want to know more about Rite Aid?

Ask a question
Depends a lot on the team you have
Sales Associate / Pharmacy Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJune 16, 2016
Typical days included planograms, reshelfing, product placement, changing sale ads and signs, cleaning, checking expiration dates, and ringing up customers. I learned a great deal. Learned how to use cash registers, serve customers. I learned how to interact with people in a professional manner. My time working with the pharmacy delivering medication taught me about pharmaceuticals, drugs, dosages. The actual driving improved my spacial memory and better learned the city.

The hardest part of the job was the repetition. You do virtually the same thing every week, every year. However, the most enjoyable part were pleasant co-workers and learning about customers.
Pros
Learning about people
Cons
Monotonous and repetitive
The very first job that I ever had in my life
School Teacher (Former Employee) –  PakistanJune 16, 2016
I worked as a School Teacher in Afghan Refugees Camps, administered by UNHCR. I lived in t he refugees camps in mid 80s and wanted to experience the camp life. It was very difficult, but I loved to explore things back then.
I accomplished many tasks in my own capacity at the time.
Experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 16, 2016
The people I worked with were wonderful. Always willing to answer questions if I had any. The customers were also great. I was sad to leave.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Difficult to complete everything I wanted to.
Ra
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 16, 2016
It's a nice place to work, management is nice and flexible. Everyone is really nice and we always get along, in my store at least.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
pay rate
Productive....fun workplace!
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 16, 2016
Great positive environment, very clean and organized. The staff was fantastic. Everyone did their jobs and was very punctual.
Last Retail Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 14, 2016
This was my last retail job. I was so disappointed with management and their tactics. When it comes to any matter where they are not the main focus, they do not want to hear anything about it.
Pros
I was promoted quickly due to my experience
Cons
I was working with unmotivated people and had to pick up their slack
Fast-paced retail Pharmacy with family like staff
Pharmacy Technician and Wellness Ambassador (Current Employee) –  St. Albans, VTJune 13, 2016
A typical day includes filling prescriptions, fielding phone calls, contacting insurance companies, handling private health information, maintaining a clean work environment, and providing excellent customer service. Retail pharmacy is one of the highest regulated work environments where saying something too loudly or putting something in the wrong trash bin could land you thousands of dollars in fines, jail time, as well as being fired, which is the hardest part of the job. My managers have all been really accommodating and supportive, and co-workers helpful and kind. I've honed my interpersonal skills greatly by working for Rite Aid as well as my ability to multi-task. My pharmacy in particular is one of the most fast paced in the state and daily I am expected to handle numerous orders in a fast and efficient timeline. The best part about this job has been the family-like environment in which I operate. Without my co-workers I would have looked for other employment long ago.
Pros
Boss buys lunch on thursdays, discount on store items
Cons
highly regulated workplace, low wages, no room for growth
Not the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Lyon, MIJune 13, 2016
Felt like I was just hired so everyone else could hide within the isles and hang out and talk. I'd ask a question to another employee but they didn't answer, just repeated what I just asked. Sold more cigarettes and booze than anything else in the store.
Good for a start but not for the long run
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DEJune 12, 2016
After working for Rite Aid for six months at the present time, I can say that I did enjoy most of my time there but some days were better than others. A normal day as a cashier would be handling customer transactions, keeping the store front in order, and doing general chores and tasks asked of me by management or shift supervisors. While I did enjoy my co-workers and have shared many a fond night shifts with most of them, my manager and I had a tendency to butt heads too often and I cannot see myself working under her for much longer. The hardest part of the job for me was trying to occupy myself during slow nights. Once all the typical chores were done and I walked around the front to straighten things three or four times in a row, it got hard to keep myself focused on the job. I prefer to stay active and moving with different tasks, not running in circles like a dog chasing her tail. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers. I met so many people from different backgrounds and can hold conversations with some of them as well. Some of our regular customers I have come to adore and I would hate to leave them behind after I leave Rite Aid but I know some part of me will be left with them like some of them have left a part with me as well.
Pros
Good interpersonal experience, decent breaks, semi-flexible schedule
Cons
Perfectionist-like expectations, occasional bad apples, and works days mixed between extremely busy and slowly crawling minutes.
Hardworking team
Associate (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTJune 11, 2016
Rite Aid offered me the opportunity to attend college while still being able to work. Flexible work schedule and a great place to work especially for college students.
Pros
Associate discounts
Cons
partime workers had no benefits