Rite Aid
2,570 reviews

Rite Aid Employer Reviews

Easy
ASISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Snellville, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: no growth
EASY JOB AND I LEARNED ALOT ABOUT RETAIL. I'VE HAD ALL TYPES OF MANAGERS FROM GOOD TO BAD.MY COWORKERS WERE PRETTY COOL TO NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS MEETING DEADLINES AND COSTUMERS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS YOUR REGULAR COSTUMERS WHO BECOME FAMILY.
Inviting work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: part-time with full-time hours but no option for benefits
A typical day at work i mainly stood behind the register checking out customers and helping them find what they needed. As it would slow down i would follow out my daily duties such as dusting and re-filling product. It was usually just one cashier and one manager which worked the front end. The managers had a lot to do so we did not have to interact often. The hardest part of the job was when we would get our truck in. Putting away stock on the other side of the store as well as still having to be a cashier can be difficult at times. the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with all the customers and put a smile on their face for the day.
Lacking Communication
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Franklin SquareJanuary 5, 2015
Lot of work. Little pay. Communication is almost non-existent in most stores between associates and management.
Work like balance
Store manager (Current Employee), Riverdale, MDJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: team recognition
Cons: unable to take uninterupted lunch breaks for management
*A typical day at work consisted of having one person to open and manager to complete daily functions. This consisted of completing reports, checking payroll, completing plan-o-grams, completing price changes, writing store schedules, manage freight flow, seasonal change overs, and placing store orders.

*I learned you have to build a strong team.

*The hardest part of my job was getting my assistant to be accountable for her actions as a leader.

*The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching, coaching, training, and development.
Alot of backbiting in the workplace
Shift Supervisor (former employee) (Former Employee), Lynn, MAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: alot of great customers that come to the store regularly.
Cons: unfair hours and bad pay and raises.
Close net workplace, but no fairness from management when it comes to balancing hours, holidays or weekend hours. You deal with a lot of demanding customers and have to have a thick skin to do so. The most enjoyable part is that the good customers are very loyal and you really have a good working and friendly relationship with them. A lot of drama with co-workers and everyday is like high school and the drama is just crazy. No loyalty from the employer as to advancement. District Manager was demeaning and sometimes cruel during store inspections and he wanted you to report on your Manager to him constantly, which was very unprofessional.
Great Retail Experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great with flexible hours
Cons: not a great increase in the raise
A typical day at work would be setting display and interacting with customers through the day. Stock and promoting new merchandise; helping each other. I have learned to work and fond a bond over the two and a half years of working there. The hardest part of the job was getting recognize for the hard work that you put in. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting an award for the "Most Checking for ID" and a gift card from the manager.
great company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Columbia,SCJanuary 3, 2015
This company was a really great to work for. They provided complete pharmacy technician training with no experience.
Nice place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Portage, MIJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day at work is greeting customers, data entry, counting, cashiering and stocking. It's a nice place to work with customers and the coworkers were fun.
Flexible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAJanuary 2, 2015
They worked with me through the years while I was away at school
Love the job only down side was the benefits
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Mountain City, TNJanuary 2, 2015
Great job, Love being able to assist customers and help them better their lives. Co-workers are great you work so closely together u become your own little family.
Good place to learn discipline
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee), brooklyn, nyJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: 1199 union
Cons: unmannerly upper boss/dm, pdm
Work for this company back and forth, always kept a good relation with them. Over the years of being there I gain very strong determine skills to complete task at a timely manner with 100% efficiency.
Customer based workplace
Associate (Current Employee), Hartsdale, NYJanuary 1, 2015
A typical day at work has many different tasks and assignments scheduled, which generally change depending on the season and time of year. Assignments usually entail; restocking, cleaning, organizing and satisfying customer requests. My Co-Workers and I have learned how to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while ensuring superior customer service by working hand in hand with our Management team. Changes in policies and rules are also easier to adjust to, when most of the Management and Co-Workers have been at the job for many years. Sometimes engaging with customers from different walks of life can be challenging as well as rewarding.
pharmacy
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Hartsdale, NYDecember 31, 2014
Pros: costomers servie
Cons: not that great of pay
cashier and stock clerk stocking shelves working with customer to find their every day need great job if you are a people person some chance to advance learning the inventory in the store
Productive busy workplace with great employees
Rite Aid Pharmacy Associate (Current Employee), Greensburg, PADecember 31, 2014
Busy workload, get hands on experience with learning about pharmaceuticals, great management, as well as great co-workers. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with customers along with your set tasks for the night co-workers on same shift help a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the customers and learning about different aspects of their life and getting to know them better.
In one word "Terrible"
pharmacy technician (Former Employee), ohioDecember 30, 2014
Cons: everything
No hours, no benefits, no breaks or lunch, terrible pay. Management isn't helpful. Go against policies. They will tell you that you they have great benefits and you can pick up hours at other locations. Plenty of family time became you get no hours.
Flexible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJDecember 30, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: standing
Typical work day involved checking customers out restocking shelves, taking care of damages. The hardest part of my job was being on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the same people all the time.
High Expectations. Limited understanding from Corporate.
Asset Protection Agent (Current Employee), Clearlake, CADecember 29, 2014
You are expected to fix every problem in specif stores. The associates expect you to catch every person based on limited information and management expects you to act according to policy
Sales Sales Sales
Asset Protection Agent (Current Employee), Clearlake, CADecember 29, 2014
It's all about Sales. The faster you can get the old lady out of your way while providing excellent customer service. The better chance you have at obtaining a new sale which is what they look for.
Nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Big Bear Lake, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work atmosphere
Cons: working icecream gets old
enjoyed working there,it was union at the time so takes awhile to move up and pay raises, but if you stick it out it will be worth it in the end.
Rite Aid
Pharmacy Associate (Former Employee), Batavia, NYDecember 29, 2014
I loved working here. The customers, my coworkers made it fun to go to work everyday.The customers were easy to connect with.

About Rite Aid

Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states – Read more