Rite Aid Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,783 reviews matching the search
lots of hard work, rewarding competitive pay
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 10, 2016
lots of advancement opportuninites. can get hectic when you have to balance personal life and work at the same time. i would return to this company if i really needed to
fast pace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Freeland, WAApril 9, 2016
fast pace
learning how to deal with upset customers
hardest part of job is not having two days off in a row
enjoyable part of day is helping the customers
Pros
good health care
Cons
not getting two days off in a row. Schedule is dont one week at a time.
fun workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 8, 2016
very great place to work great benefits great company amazing team members this job has its outstanding features. moving up in the company is very easy
good company
shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYApril 8, 2016
graet company if they would get managers to be fair and treat equally. looking to leave as soon as possible. to much drama at the work place
Rite Aid
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2016
A typical day would be full of multitasking between cashiering and multiple management tasks that needed to be complete. With Rite Aid, I have gained a great deal of customer service skills on a smaller scale store, whether if it was when I was a pharmacy tech or a manager. I also learned to delegate better than before, knowing I couldn't shoulder the entire workload alone. The most enjoyable part of my job has always been the customers. I have grown to know a great deal of my customers personally, we exchange more than just greetings as they walk through the door.
Pros
customers are amazing
Cons
rather not say
Rude
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wayne, WVApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work is very fast paced and busy. I learned a lot of pharmacy knowledge. Management is very rude and likes to belittle employees, but other co workers were great to work with when they werent calling off. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the public and the grief you catch when they want their controlled substance medications before theyre due. They do not train as well as they should. Upon going for my PTCB certification for nationals, when I was asking questions of how to do things mathematically, I was told everything I needed to know was in my handbook. I failed my test and was made to feel like it was my fault. There were things on the test I had never even seen before and wasnt given any guidance to so what I should study.
Cons
No full time, no guaranteed raises
loved it
cashier/stock (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 7, 2016
helping people get there life together was one great experience. I learn a lot from co-workers the we very open mined n caring
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
Productive and has great customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work for me consisted of cashiering and providing excellent customer service. The management is very nice and able to work with employees on their schedule needs. The coworkers are very friendly and know how to do their job correctly.
Average
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIApril 4, 2016
Your typical retail super-chain, employees are all numbers in the system, they ended up being bought out by a large competitor.
Fast paced, productive work environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 4, 2016
It can be very busy, with a lot of traffic to make your day go by pretty quickly. I think as long as everyone is on the same page, you will have a good working experience here.
Pros
Excellent advancement.
Cons
Unstable work hours.
Co-workers and enjoyable part of job
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 4, 2016
I loved each one of my co-workers. Celebrating each person Birthday was the best time. Always had each others back. The best place to work in the 90's.
Very Great pace to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tanasbourne, ORApril 3, 2016
Very fun place to work even tho some other employee make it very impossible place to work and most of the supervisor do as they please and get away with it(Like they take breaks when they want or for as long as they want), overall the customers are great and very friendly
Pros
Very Flexible schedule
Cons
Some supervisors Do as they please
nice clean work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 3, 2016
went to work regularly the customers as nice and friendly polite I learned how to stand for long periods of time I learned what it means to be a security guard my managers ws cool I injoyed them they kind spirits and my co workers was welcoming. but the hardest part of my job was standing for so long but the most enjoyable part ws making customers smile
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks no benefits
Challenging
Head Pharmacy Technician & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAApril 3, 2016
Great Place to work because there is a union and great benefits are provided to employee's. Time management is extremely important in this job and I perfected my time management skills at this company. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping others feel better.
Busy Workplace with plenty to do
Staff Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 2, 2016
Great customers who appreciated what was done for them.
Upper management gave lip service to company values, etc. In actually, as is so often the case; it boiled down to the monetary bottom line.
Pros
Consistent schedule.
Cons
As usual, more staff needed. Associates not really appreciated.
Rite Aid
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 1, 2016
Easy job not the hardest, but can become very difficult at certain times of the day, hardest part is working in the morning and dealing with difficult customers on daily basis. Otherwise the job is simple and easy to do. Best part of the job is working on the floor. I learned how to handle and package equipment's doing recalls.
Pros
paid vocations
Cons
job security
My review on Rite Aid
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIApril 1, 2016
I loved working there and enjoyed the people I worked with. They gave me a great learning experience and understood the type of person I am.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
The rude customers. Drunk men who used to come in and be rude and inappropriate.
Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCApril 1, 2016
I learned a lot from my store manager as well as the other shift supervisors. They taught me how to successfully run the store while being the only manager on duty. They also taught me how to use all the store's programs to complete my tasks. I could ask for help as I was learning and was never made to feel like I was out of place in my job. It was a very good learning environment and I am so happy that my first management job was with that team.
productive place to work but the pay is very poor.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Williston, SCApril 1, 2016
productive place to work but the pay is very poor. The people are nice, very good environment to work in, but I do believe if they hire someone it needs to be a decent pay salary.
Great work environment
Cashier/ Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 31, 2016
I have been with Rite Aid for a year and seven months now and I have nothing but things to say about it. For starters this was my first job out of high school and well I'm glad to have been given the opportunity to work with great people and great costumers in a great work environment. I have learned a lot in the past months and I continue to learn more as days pass. A typical day at work consists of nonstop costumer service which nothing makes me happier than to see a costumer happy. I have learned everything from pricing, using the cash register, counting money accurately and above all how to provide perfect costumer service. To this day I haven't yet found anything hard about this job, everything is pretty straight forward and easy. As for the most enjoyable, well I guess everything about it is pretty enjoyable. Everything from my co-workers (who have become like a second family to me) to my customers is enjoyable at rite aid.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers