Rite Aid Employee Reviews

Found 4,779 reviews matching the search
Solid Starting job, Difficult to advances
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valley, WAMarch 12, 2017
Rite Aid is a decent company to work for, with many great employees and coworkers. The unfortunate difficulties lie in an old infrastructure that does not allow for rapid resolutions or any kind of item location.
Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 11, 2017
A typical day at work was usually good. My co workers were great people and the management kept the store in a orderly fashion. Lots of rude customers came in at this location on the daily which made the job hard to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people.
Pros
good store discounts
Cons
short breaks and shifts were able to be extended
Awful
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYMarch 11, 2017
Awful. Hated it. Went 6 months without a Friday off. 4 months without a Saturday off. Had to work every holiday. Honestly the worst job that I have ever had
Very unorganized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MIMarch 11, 2017
When I first started at Rite Aid everyone was nice. After a week I hated working there. They have 3 different people training you, you just get lost. I had no idea what I was doing. I would ask questions and they would act like I was stupid.
Pros
Cons
They don't train good. Unorganized.
Great as a stepping stone
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2017
I sold my drug stores to Rite Aid and went to work for them. It helped me make my transition out of independent ownership. the hours were good and the schedule was great,
under staffed
Pharmacy Technician/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2017
Horrible. The pay does equal up to the work. It takes too long to progress. There is no way anyone could work starting off in the first year and have their own place and sustain a normal life.
Pros
people are freiendly
Cons
pay cant live
Holy Rules
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Punxsutawney, PAMarch 11, 2017
Prices in the store make it difficult to support selling things. Several rules that don't seem to make sense or matter. Flexible schedules depending on the manager. Truck days were a lot of work. make sure you can lift.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's a job
Pay
WELLNESS AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 11, 2017
I find Rite Aid does not pay well at all

Hours are ok, but increased pressure / low pay is not good

For my position, I am not paid equally as other wellness ambassadors in our district. Pressure to do more and more with pay being unbalanced is not good.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Productive and fun place to be
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMarch 11, 2017
I enjoy my job here. The staff is nice, clean store, and safe environment for anyone to work at. The store is very organized and good management. We have some great customers.
Pros
Patient Interaction
Cons
Workload and Productivity
Kind employees. Rite-aid employees are underpaid and pharmacy understaffed. The customer experience is not nearly as important as saving money.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Broadview Hts, OHMarch 10, 2017
Ok to work here if you don't need money. Otherwise, unless you're a pharmacist or manager, you would never make enough money to live on your own. Several employees live at home with parents, others have 1-2 roommates and others are married and being supported by husband.

That said, 95% of the employees I met at my store and a neighboring store were really kind people that were nice to see everyday.
Pros
Kind co-workers
Cons
Horrible pay

Want to know more about Rite Aid?

Ask a question
Rite Aid 2017
Senior DB2 DBA (Current Employee) –  Etters, PAMarch 10, 2017
This is an elite shop, well organized, well trained, highly skilled, and the work culture is friendly and supportive. Work-life balance is extraordinary. I was there for a year's contract, but my colleagues had been there for decades. I enjoyed every day there.
Pros
Great place to learn. Highly skilled work force.
Cons
Occasional lurches in direction of projects.
Very great company to work for
Pharmacy intern (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, ALMarch 10, 2017
Great environment to work in and the company really seems to care for their employees. Ability to choose a great work schedule and choose which location you want to work at.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Long work hours
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 10, 2017
Rite Aid Sales Associate: January 2012-January 2013
• Operated cash register by handling sales transactions
• Provided customer service
• Stocked shelves with new inventory
• Placed and removed weekly sales tags on products throughout the store
cashier/manager
shift supervisor and pharmacy assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMarch 10, 2017
i open the store and give good customer service and make your the store is cean and ready for customers and I make sure money is good and everything works good. I also make sure freshness'is done to make sure we don't sale bad items to our customers.
Staff
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMarch 10, 2017
It was nice working at Rite Aid only downfall was that it was just too much drama at the store, associates would of just loved to talk about others behind there backs.
Pros
Good Enviorment
Cons
Gossip
very structured
Customer Services Rep Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 10, 2017
very structured. learn how to manage employee daily duties.most enjoyable part is helping my staff to achieve store goals.great quality value. will love to work there again just in a closer setting.
great job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALMarch 9, 2017
Rite Aid is a really great work environment. Friendly staff, fast paced, good benefits. Stays busy for the most part, but it is a good place to work..
Fast paced workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  122 McGregor Street, Manchester, NH 03102March 9, 2017
I loved working here. The hours were great and my co workers were amazing to work with. The managers took care of any issues that came up. If we had any questions they were answered right away.
Pros
I was always busy
Cons
Rude customers
too much work for $7.25/hr
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2017
typical day involved me on register , tagging items, replacing stock, helping customers, cleaning the area, and at the end of the night counting the receipts all by myself
Pros
breaks
Cons
overwhelming workload
Organized
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTMarch 8, 2017
The environment at my rite aid is always organized. Always kept tidy and neat with everything where it belongs. We also have great customers. That's why I love my rite aid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.