Rite Aid Employee Reviews

My Intern position
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23322January 10, 2018
I love to work at rite aid. It was an good opportunity. i learned a lot. my colleagues were nice and helpful. overall it is good place to work and i enjoyed working here.
Pros
great staff, supporting mentors
Cons
Not enough busy during evenings
Productive and educative
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 9, 2018
Rite Aid being my first working place as a pharmacist was a bit challenging. It is the company that helped build in me the confidence of a pharmacist. Management provided friendly and educative environment
Stressful environment
Pharmaceutical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 9, 2018
As a clerk, they wanted you in the front helping customers. Then answering phones, plus putting away medications. Then working in the back checking on customers prescriptions if not ready upon arrival. Most times operating 2 register as you are the only one in the front. The manger would get upset if you were with one customer “ too long” not taking into consideration most people coming to the pharmacy are ill or elderly. He would get all worked up and start yelling at people in a confined area.
Cons
Stressful environment
Good company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJanuary 9, 2018
Working at Rite Aid can be busy or you trying to think of something to do. There were times where they would tell us, act like your doing something. Even if we werent.
Pros
Close to walk to
Cons
Not steady hours
busy, cluttered work area
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 9, 2018
I worked as a clerk here, I learned the ways of pharmacy. My manager there at the time was very nice and so was the store manager. the hardest part of the job was the busy busy pace I wasnt use to at the time
Pros
learned the ins and outs of pharmacy
Cons
no time for breaks, the other technicians were not friendly
Decent starter job
Lead Shift Supervisor/ Pharmacy Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 8, 2018
I've worked for Rite Aid on and off over a 10 year time span and for the most part its a decent job. I've worked in the photo department, cashiering, merchandising, management, pharmacy and each experience has been good and bad. My favorite was running a post office in one of our stores; That and being a pharmacy technician/associate.
Cons
little pay
Family atmosphere
Cashier/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  The Plains, OHJanuary 8, 2018
I worked as a cashier for 6 years and then transferred to the pharmacy for 2 years. The first year was fine. The middle of the 2nd year after family health issues with a parent. I started having problems with the head pharmacist. I finally left Rite Aid. I would have stayed if I could have returned up front to all the ladies I had worked with and got to know for those 6 wonderful years.
Rite Aid
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAJanuary 8, 2018
I don't feel they should hire technicians who do not have certificates and the pay is extremely poor. They pay you next to minimum wage. It's just not worth it.
Busy, and requires many different skill sets
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ORJanuary 8, 2018
It was the customers that made the job difficult, and only one or two employees were difficult to work with. It is hard to work in a place that has policies most people dont agree with because the associates are at the forefront.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage for a lot of work
Great people, co-workers like family, low pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJanuary 8, 2018
Rite Aid is a wonderful place to work for a first job, If you are hired directly into management I know the rate of pay is not bad. For me the people I worked with became like family even long after I left. The pay and raises were just to low for the position I was working I left after finding a better suited position for myself and my family to make a better living.
no games except hard work.
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 8, 2018
work to satisfy customers with better services and supervisors. Perform daily routine relative job to keep up for continuing current job. To serve customers with excellent customers services. with warm welcome to the store
Pros
No free lunchs
Cons
Half an hour breaks
Horrible place to work in the pharmacy and the break room where I had to eat my lunch was dirty.
Retail, pharmacy tech, clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 8, 2018
I worked in the pharmacy as a tech, This was my first job as a tech getting paid, the first week that i was there was just training with videos, then the next week was full on training with insurances, and customers. I felt like I was getting snubbed because I didn't have much experience as others. No one even tried to talk to me only when training. If I even asked for help or a question I would get smart mouthed and sass. My "coworkers" gave me all the work they didn't want to do this included taking the trash out, dealing with customers, and putting away medication bottles. Every time I asked Them that they should do these as well because we were all techs, the answer was simply "oh we don't like to do it". I have seen personally first hand witnessed two mental breakdowns to Pharmacists done by the cause of the techs and Pharmacists. This pharmacy was full of techs that thought they were the boss and talked and acted the way they wanted to towards any worker I'm glad I left and feel very sorry for the next person they hire. The pay will be the lowest until you finish your three month trial and take the rite aid test.
Cons
the 3 month probation, You will get no benefits or help with complaints unless you complete the 3 month period.
interesting place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Usually never a dull moment there. Manager knows her stuff, coworkers friendly and environment generally upbeat. There's been a lot of shifting in the upper management areas as Rite Aid attempts to come back after the merger with Walgreens fell through. All in all, a decent place to work.
Pros
friendly envirnoment
Cons
no benefits for part time
Cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJanuary 8, 2018
Pretty cool place to work. Work and life balance is good. Good for if you have kids. Pay not so great not really an advancement type of culture. Benefits for part time and full time
Rite aid
caahier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2018
Working at rite aid was easy and simple sometime it can get overwhelming dealing with some customers but must times it’s fun getting to know others and meeting new people
Avoid
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  892 flatbush ave brooklyn nyJanuary 8, 2018
Avoid at all costs unless your a pharmacists, Do yourself a favor and stay far away. Company is going to go under my life has been threatened many times the security is a joke sometimes you don't even have a guard on site!
Ehh
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillcrest, SCJanuary 7, 2018
Wasn't a bad place just wouldn't go back personally. They didn't offer very many hours nor benefits . The people and customers were great but the job was not.
not good
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 7, 2018
i loved most of the people i worked with, i enjoyed going to work on some days. i learned pharmacy tech work. the pharmacy manager was not good, she picked favorites, made me work full-time hours when i was part-time and gave me no benefits. knowing they screwed me over time after time was the hardest part of the job and led me to finally quit when really i was good at what i did and never wanted to leave, and i would love to work in a pharmacy again.
Pros
good environment
Cons
just about everything else
Corporate waste
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 7, 2018
They pay terrible, train worse, and there is no advancement. Its a great part time temp job for a kid. I did way more than my position entailed and was never promoted or compensated correctly.
Good for students
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAJanuary 7, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this to college graduates, but good for students looking to make some extra cash. Alright, but I left because I was not getting enough hours. Competitive workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rite Aid. Our community is ready to answer.