Rite of Passage

Rite of Passage Employee Reviews

great place to work
Adminstrative Assistant/ Register (Former Employee), new orleans laApril 21, 2015
Pros: Working with students and parents.
Cons: No cons.
A typical day at work is very busy. Seeing parents all day, registering students and manage ring the front office. I loved working for the company.
ROP
Business Specialist / Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Minden, NVMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch
I have worked for ROP for the past two year and the company is amazing to work for and has a great passion for helping troubled youth.
No initial formal training
GLC (Former Employee), ColoradoFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: the kids
Cons: management
The kids are great and the "vision " they claim to have would be good if management cared more about the kids. I received no formal training and the kids knew that. Legal Procedures were not explained and the staff I worked with was not very helpful. I was told I would learn as I went along. For a locked facility, procedures need to be explained before you start your 14 hours a day of work. Very poorly managed.
Rewarding Career
Coach Counselor (Current Employee), Oracle, AZFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: seeing the attitudes of the kids change during there stay.
Cons: extremely long days. i am not able to see my family kids during the days i work for this company.
Working with the kids can be a difficult challenge but rewarding at the end of the day. You work 3 full day and one half day. A full day is a 16 hour day, half day is 9 hour day. The site I work at there is a lot of people burning out fast. I believe do to the high stress levels not so much with the kids but the long working days with little sleep. The site I'm located at is going through restructuring. Management is working hard to change the work culture and properly train new employees.
Great team environment
Group Leader/Coach Counselor (Former Employee), Watkins, COJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great compensation and benies, exceptional work with youth
Cons: favoritism and gender bias
Wonderful place to work with exceptional youth. Environment is clean, safe, but intensive. Great training and benefits, also salary is competitive for the industry. Expectations for staff are as high as for student/athletes. Management can be difficult to work with and there is a clear practice of favoritism.
Case manager
Case Manager (Current Employee), Queen Creek, AZDecember 13, 2014
A day in the life of a case manager at Rite of passage is challenging, yet rewarding. Working with youth and witnessing the growth of the children is an amazing process. Although, the youth's progress is rewarding, being acknowledged by management is also rewarding and unfortunately there is none in the work environment. It is quick to point out the wrong and seldom the good. Additionally, in this position the work is never complete and because of this, one leaves everyday feeling incomplete. Lastly, the management tends to not have worked in the position and does not understand what all it entails. Due to this, there is a lack of direction and additional duties assigned to a position where there is never enough time to complete already assigned duties.
nice job setting. I enjoyed working with the students, the staff were the difficult part..
Medical Department Coordinator (Former Employee), San Andreas, CaliforniaDecember 8, 2014
The hardest part of the job was learning the political and good ol' boy mentality of the staff.
most amazing group of co-workers
Group Leader (Current Employee), Watkins, COOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free food, place to sleep, get paid to workout
Cons: hours, pay
I admire the hard work and dedication me and my co workers demonstrate. This place of employment is good for those who like to work with a fun, energetic bunch. The hours are long and good relationships with the people are a must.
Great place to work with real people and develop real skills
Ridgeview Academy (Former Employee), Watkins, COOctober 15, 2014
Pros: well compensated, positive mood
Cons: more communcation
I found Rite of Passage to be very well rounded and a very theraputic place to work. I helped me gain valuable skills as it was my first time on the Juvenile justice side of counseling. I truly enjoyed the set up and the frame.
Opportune
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Andreas, CAOctober 8, 2014
work all day
learned different positions
management great
great co-workers
not hard
enjoy having a job
Tough work place, adolescent girls with anti-social issues and very dangerous
Therapeutic Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, COSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great team and very cohesive team
Cons: politics of the system, yet tolerable
I supervised a unit that was of the highest acuity of dangerous behavior to self and others. We were efficient on keeping the unit a sense of lower acuity and disarming conduct blow ups.
Great opportunity
Awake Night Staff (Current Employee), Watkins, COSeptember 10, 2014
Nice benefit package and staff are professional and well trained.
Unknown
Counselor/Group Leader/Group Trainer/Unit Manager (Former Employee), San Andreas, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: unknown
Cons: unknown
Long days, Upper management played to many games. Co-workers got along well.
Great place to work. A great place to grow.
Lookout Mountain Academy Assistant Principal (Current Employee), Golden, COSeptember 8, 2014
ROP is a great place to work for. The company has a Vision that we all continue to meet.
Great start to my career
Coach Counselor (Current Employee), Watkins, COApril 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hours
Good Benifits and team mates.Good start to begin my career after college.
Long Hours, Unappreciated
Case Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioMarch 24, 2014
Poor management; excessive workload with no overtime/compensation (just expected); no credibility; the company is all about 'show' but they cannot back-up what they 'say they do'; favoritism to staff regardless of the specific behaviors, lawful or not
Improving lives
Youth Counselor (Current Employee), San Andreas, CAMarch 13, 2014
• Provides continuous on-going active treatment by supporting all areas of Program training, operations, and the overall needs of the Consumer.
• Complete all documentation required for consumers and Company operations
• Know and comply with all Company policies/guidelines per the policy and Employee Handbook/Guide books
• Conduct all matters in a professional and mature manner while representing the Company.
• Monitor and Mentor troubled youth with all aspects of life.
Has potential
Coach/Counselor (Former Employee), Yerington, NVFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: getting to help youth turn their lives around
Cons: working 7 days straight without ever leaving the property.
This job has such potential but due to is unorganized management, and renegade coaches it failed to be what it was set up to be. I learned a lot however from this job that I have been able to apply in my life. I have learned patience, and that just because people make a mistake doesn't mean that they meant disrespect or even the outcome that came from the mistake in which they caused. The hardest part of this job was finding a balance. Who had the best interest of the juveniles at heart and who had their careers. The most enjoyable part of this job has come after I left the job. Seeing the juvenile boys who I coached and counseled succeeding in life, and that they make an effort to make contact with me just to tell me that they have turned their lives around. This job was a lot of he said she said, but it has been one of the most rewarding jobs I have had the honor to hold.
it had it's up and downs
coach / councilor (Former Employee), Yerington, NVJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: meals provided and houseing for staff that lived out of town
Cons: having to put up with upper management
Get the boys up in the morning, take them to breakfast, back to the unit to clean it and get ready for school, take them to school, take them to lunch, do their physical work outs, back to school, go to dinner, back to the unit, showers, group meeting, then get them into bed. A lot of patience. Did not the upper management. My co-workers for the most part were good. To hear that a boy that was sent home had been killed by rival gang. Watching the boys graduate be fore going home.
Work at another ROP site or Company
Coach (Former Employee), Tustin, CADecember 19, 2013
Pros: the teens
Cons: co workers and pay
Working with the teens in the group home was both rewarding and challenging. However, working with half of the staff at the company is a challenge in itself, as there is too many people trying to be in charge. If you can handle working with some people who are know it alls, try to tell others what their job is, no flexibility with working with the teens, and clicky, then by all means apply to ROP in Tustin, but good luck. I forgot to mention, you will get shorted on most of your paychecks, and the hours are horrible.

Rite of Passage Salaries