River City Casino

River City Casino Employer Reviews

plenty of people to work with and get to know, fun environment
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), 777 River City Casino Blvd. St.Louis, MO 63125December 10, 2014
learned a lot about being a chef/prep cook for various outlets
FUN!!!!
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2014
A typical day at River City Casino to say the least was enjoyable and exciting. They taught me many different styles of management and different ways to manage people. Management team is supportive at the very least.
Productive and fast paced industry
Food Server (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches, 401k, paid time off
Cons: healthcare, no breaks
A typical day at work would include setting ourselves and our team members up for success at the beginning and end of our shift.
I learn how to give great customer service, solve issues that guests may have.
Management team is very helpful. When team members need help resolving problems, they are there. When team members fall behind on certain tasks, – more... they help us through it.
Co-workers are wonderful and very upbeat. I love working with them.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to turn around a guest experience. For example, if the guest has already come into the outlet with a bad mood because of their experiences throughout the casino, sometimes it is hard to turn their mood around when they already have a certain expectation set.
The most enjoyable part of my job is creating great guest experiences, or when I make someone smile when they have had a bad day. – less
scrap yard
Cook (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2014
it was a ok place to work for at the time i was let because bussiesness got slow
Best place to work!
Valet (Former Employee), SAINT LOUIS , MISSOURIJune 24, 2014
Pros: free buffet lunch when you work!
Cons: none!
The whole experience was great, and the food was AMAZING! I love my hours and the work environment!
POOR
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2014
this was the worst employer ever they were never on time we had no supplies short of help on busy day we got kicked of the clock early which ment no over time! everything about River City casino n hotel was unprofessional and unorginized
Amazing work environment with excellent guest and staff.
Lady's and Gent's Beerhouse Server (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2014
Meeting new people and getting to know them by name as they walk through the door is an amazing experience.
helping customers
Assistant Pastry Chef (Current Employee), St Louis MOApril 6, 2014
making sure customers are happy when they leave so where they would wnt to come back.
wanted to rate RiverCity a 3, but wouldn't allow me to. Poor management
Cook Helper (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: i enjoy the people i work with. i believe that we make a good team
Cons: under-payed, no room for promotions, and broken equipment
My salary is not adequate to meet my needs. A typical day is dealing with broken equipment (ovens, steamers, etc.) My co-workers are hard workers and the hardest part of my job is not having my ideas taking seriously since I am not a lead.The most enjoyable part of it is working with other cooks finding ways to better
recipes and tasting other foods.
job work/life balance
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee), st louia moFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: working evenings.
Cons: when i do get complaints.
Safely inspect the bus before driving to make sure the bus was well equipped and safety for the customers and the employees.

Safely transport passengers to and from their destination. With this, I learned to have patient with the customers. The hardest part of my job is to make sure that the customers and the employees were happy and the enjoyable – more... part of my job was taking the time to make sure my hardest part was achieved. – less
Good company, bad managment
porter (Current Employee), evsFebruary 4, 2014
I would clock in, get my supplies and things i might need and proceed to clean everything. Poor managment.
Enjoying the restaurant business
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2014
A typical day would be interacting with numerous guests of different ages and nationalities. I learned to pay attention to details and try to please each and every guest. Most of my co-workers were very personable and dependable.
Great people
Shuttle Van Driver (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 23, 2013
Great place to work. Made lots of friends: both customers and co-workers. Management is fair.
Great Enviornment
Cook - Buffet (Current Employee), st. louis, mo.September 30, 2013
Prep and prepare daily menu. Great customers with a smile and warm greetings.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2013
Pros: meals provided, wonderful, motivating atmosphere
Cons: no domestic partner benefits, no holidays off, and working weekends required
I enjoy my co-workers immensely. They offer valuable support and encouragement. The work atmosphere is enjoyable, relaxed, productive and I look forward to coming to work each day.
The HR department is especially helpful and they work hard to answer any questions and resolve any issues.
The hardest part of the job for me is never having a weekend or – more... holiday off from work. I'd prefer it if there were revolving weekends and holidays. – less
great benefits
Sous Chef (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2013
Had a great team of Chefs that worked well together and the benefits were great. It was a lot of fun opening the new casino
Great place with a positive attitude!
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches in the employee dining room, affordable health care coverage.
River City is a great place to work. Top notch benefits, friendly positive people, and a management staff dedicated to not only "running the show" but ensuring that employees have what they need to get the job done.
Great place to work. Fun and exciting work enviroment.
Dual Assistant Shift Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2013
River City Casino provides all it's employees a great work environment. Great General Manager who is driven to see all his employees succeed. Do a great job of promoting from within. Exellent opportunities for advancement.
Rivercity
Stewarding (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2013
Pros: healthcare, wonderful people, good management.
Cons: not working with enough money in the department im in, hard to transfer.
It's a cool job, everyone is friendly and it's a wonderful work environment. The only thing I honestly have a problem with is that it is just a job, I want to excel in a career that I'm passionate about, and being able to use the skills that I have that I'm not able to use right now.
nice place
Valet attendant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no vacation
out of high school job liked it alot they didnt let me take a vacation i was there for a yr