River City Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Pretty good workplace
Buffet Server (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2016
The company is wonderful, however chances to move up are scarce. Job security at the management level is non-existent. In the 3 years I have worked there I have worked with 9 different managers. Managers are frequently fired or quit. I love my job and my co-workers, just the management end is terrible.
Pros
healthcare, good compensation
Cons
long hours, constantly changing management
Fun
Cashier/Fill Banker/Main Banker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2016
A professional working environment that rewarded good work. Advancement opportunities were available and the company hired from within, giving opportunities to their employees first.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stuck on night shift
Serves with a smile
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 10, 2016
On a typical day, I would set up the side stations and roll silverware. Check the reservation book, complete a game plan with my hostess and busser.
Fun place to work
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2015
This is a fun place to work, but the pay for positions is not up to par. You are also required to work every weekend. Some of the management go out of their way to help you expand your career while others could care less about your development.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Work every weekend, crazy hours
warehouse enviroment lots of noise and teamwork
Dealer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 21, 2015
packaging company products while maintaining a clean work area. i like working with alot of people because diversity is somethimg u have to get use to in the work place
Fast paced Casino enviroment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2015
Great company, with many benefits and lots of opportunity to advancement, decent pay though, good opportunity to gain experience across the board.
Pros
free lunch, consistent hours, job advancement
Cons
requires working most all hollidiays
Great Place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2015
River City was a great place to work and the sky was the limit on how far you could go within that company.

I learned a lot about how to carry myself in a business setting. I also learned a lot about what not to do.

The hardest part of my job was, for me, keeping my cool with difficult guests. Mainly because I dealt with all types of guests. For example: Guests in need of directions, guests that were being arrested, intoxicated guests. I had to learn very quickly to always remain calm and not to escalate any situation.

The part I enjoyed most about my time with River City was spending time with the people I worked with. For the most part I enjoyed talking to, and getting to know my co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunches, Caring Management
Cons
None specific
Really fun place to work. Very friendly employees and casino guests.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2015
Really enjoy the casino guest inter action. The casino employees are really friendly and professional. Very easy to work along side of.
Pros
Free employees meals
Cons
Healthcare insurance could be a little better.
Productive and fun company to work for.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2015
Entertained thousands of patrons daily. I learned how to deal under pressure. My co-workers were all wonderful and polite. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I would meet from all across the world.
Pros
The best part of work was the free lunch and hotel stays.
Cons
The benefit packages were expensive.
Great place to work!
Lead Surveillance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lemay, MOJuly 16, 2015
Everyday is awesome to go to work here. The management and supporting team members are great to work with. I highly recommend future prospective employees to work here.
Decent place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 8, 2015
It a decent place to work but has a revolving door when it comes to long term success. Often management falls short in interdepartmental communication and you are often given different answers depending on the person you talk to
Pros
Free lunches, PTO
Cons
Short lunch, takes a long time to be informed of approval
Enjoyed working here
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2015
Very professional but fun atmosphere to work in. Supervisors/Leaders care about their employees. I would definitely recommend.
An exciting place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2015
River City was a wonderful company to work. There was always room to advance with higher pay. I worked with a wonderful management team. I wouldn't mind working for the company again. I would still be an employee however, my mother passed away before my departure,
great place to work!
Casino Table Games Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2015
Beautiful Las Vegas style gambling! Very polite and courteous employees. Very smoothly ran establishment. Co-workers were very warm and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this place to work!
wanted to rate RiverCity a 3, but wouldn't allow me to. Poor management
Cook Helper (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2014
My salary is not adequate to meet my needs. A typical day is dealing with broken equipment (ovens, steamers, etc.) My co-workers are hard workers and the hardest part of my job is not having my ideas taking seriously since I am not a lead.The most enjoyable part of it is working with other cooks finding ways to better
recipes and tasting other foods.
Pros
i enjoy the people i work with. i believe that we make a good team
Cons
under-payed, no room for promotions, and broken equipment
job work/life balance
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  st louia moFebruary 13, 2014
Safely inspect the bus before driving to make sure the bus was well equipped and safety for the customers and the employees.

Safely transport passengers to and from their destination. With this, I learned to have patient with the customers. The hardest part of my job is to make sure that the customers and the employees were happy and the enjoyable part of my job was taking the time to make sure my hardest part was achieved.
Pros
working evenings.
Cons
when i do get complaints.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2013
I enjoy my co-workers immensely. They offer valuable support and encouragement. The work atmosphere is enjoyable, relaxed, productive and I look forward to coming to work each day.
The HR department is especially helpful and they work hard to answer any questions and resolve any issues.
The hardest part of the job for me is never having a weekend or holiday off from work. I'd prefer it if there were revolving weekends and holidays.
Pros
meals provided, wonderful, motivating atmosphere
Cons
no domestic partner benefits, no holidays off, and working weekends required
Rivercity
Stewarding (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2013
It's a cool job, everyone is friendly and it's a wonderful work environment. The only thing I honestly have a problem with is that it is just a job, I want to excel in a career that I'm passionate about, and being able to use the skills that I have that I'm not able to use right now.
Pros
healthcare, wonderful people, good management.
Cons
not working with enough money in the department im in, hard to transfer.
Wonderful place to work
Work as acting Pastry Chef for 1904 Steakhouse (Former Employee) –  Lemay, MOJanuary 19, 2015
Doing prep work for the 1904 Steakhouse.
Prepped, prepared and plated desserts and salads and 1904 Steakhouse in casino.
Worked pastry production for buffet and outlets of the casino
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2013
A typical day of work would consist of me opening up the store, putting money into the register, cleaning, straightening, and re-stocking items. Checking all lights or any areas for damage or repairs. Seeing what events were on the schedule. By the afternoon, greeting and assisting customers with purchases, any phone inquiries, call backs, and then my manager when come in and relieve me for lunch. I would not see my co-worker until it was time for me to leave at about 330 or 4pm. The hardest part of the day would be the slow days when there would be no continuous customer contact or production. The most enjoyable part would be the interaction with customers and co-workers.
Pros
very nice atomosphere, great co-workers, compensation is great, implements employee ideas and complaints.
Cons
hours can be strenuous, the lunch area is far, need to have hour lunches, slow days

River City Casino Reviews by Location