River Consulting Employee Reviews in United States

Structural/Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2016
People were very helpful good place to work. The company was decimated by layoffs. Like all jobs it had its good days and some bad days.
Pros
Free soda and coffee
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LADecember 12, 2011
As an engineering firm, River Consulting was always busy with different clientele. When I worked there, they were trying to expand to foreign jobs as well.
Pros
many free lunches, flexible breaks
benefits
Terrible Corporate Culture
CAD Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHAugust 20, 2013
While River Consulting could be a great place to work the management is horrible. Employees are often verbally degraded by the Supervisors for minor mistakes. Projects are often over budget and late due to poor management. Employees are often chosen for advancement based on popularity and not based on their work. No formal training is given to new employees. Totally male dominated culture, with lots of profanity being used.
Pros
great lighting, beautiful building
Team environment with project mgmt.
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 1, 2014
Intense and complicated projects engulfed into energizing power plant(s). Contact points based between identifying controls and HDMI distribution. Majority of career field centers around Electrcial Engineering Technology.

Opportunities abound for overtime as hours varied between projects.

Engineering based company with divided between mechanical and electrical departments.

Large office of people could pickup on another workload easily as whole office worked out within the Electrical Dept.
Pros
lunch-n-learns, company meetings every month
Cons
contract employment - no holiday pay
Deceptive management practices mar an otherwise tolerable job situation. Good work conditions, hard working staff.
Mechanical/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 2, 2012
Although as a Contract employee, I was told that I had a good shot at being directly hired after 9 months, and was told after 9 months that they REALLY wanted to keep me, they dropped all of the contract people that they had employed for a series of projects for AEP. Despite the fact that I probably had set some kind of record for productivity (maybe 99.5% of my time was charged to productive work) I was let go- and they told me they would try to get me back in as soon as possible- they even went so far as to designate a cubicle for me (name tag and all!) with my books and some personal effects in their new office space they had just moved into... and then when I went to the new office about a month later to see what was happening, they had moved a young intern into my space to work with the Engineer I had been working with. They are very deceptive and have no sense of loyalty to their direct employyes, either. Their receptionist of several years who was working the front desk and other various functions was released shortly before I was laid off (and right after her husband had been laid off from his job) and was replaced with a much younger receptionist/marketing intern who appeared to be doing exactly the same sort of work.
Pros
a monthly progress luncheon in the main conference
Cons
pay rate was the lowest i had been paid in years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3