River Edge Behavioral Health Center Employee Reviews

Terrible Company
Social Service Provider I (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 4, 2017
One of the worst places I've ever worked. Management is terrible. No support. Some great people, but many are nasty, cut-throat, especially in management.
Pros
I got a pay check.
Cons
Horrible management and work environment.
Great Benefits and awesome manager
Health Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 16, 2017
Dealing with people with mental health and behavioral health is a challenge. It's very stressful and when there's no teamwork it's hard to know who has your safety at hand and who doesn't.
benefits
Cons
no teamwork
fun place to work
Assisting Clients (Former Employee) –  Macon GAAugust 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with my clients i enjoyed taking my client's out to the store helping my client's cook passing medication's to the client's
having group talks
Pros
we had to bring our own lunches
Cons
no breaks
Not recovery focused.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 22, 2017
Mediocre company. More concerned about appearance than anything. Staff morale sucks. Clients get little care and compassion. Get experience here and keep it moving.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Little concern from management.
Excellent Job Training
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 8, 2017
RE provides the best training for their employees and promotes a healthy environment for growth and creativity. Team work is a must and continuous training is given to management to ensure a person centered place of work not only for the individuals served but for the employees.
Excellent Training
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 8, 2017
I was afforded the best training with this company. The team work environment in nurtured and freedom to be creative is pushed and encouraged with each employee
The staff get along well.
Utilization Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 30, 2017
Its been great working for the company and it will be great for someone that doesn't have financial responsibilities. I love my job and love my supervisors but the pay was disappointing.
Not a bad place to work overall.
Social Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 11, 2017
Been with company several years in case management. Had success with helping a few clients improve their mental health. Just like any job, you get out what you put in. Met some great co-workers and some not so great. Had many trainings. Management is very distant and not personable. Enjoy the people I help. It would be great to see this company offer more visibility in the community. Depression and suicide rates have increased but services are drying up.
Pros
Paid Time Off - Flexible work schedule
Cons
Salaries on low end of pay scale.
Excellent Culture
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 6, 2017
River Edge is a great place to work. The company truly cares for their employees and their clients. Management listens to the their employees and provides coaching and training on all levels. I love working for River Edge.
Pros
Excellent Culture, benefits, family work life balance
Instructor day center
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 3, 2017
Never enough help. Micromanaged. The day center managers create a hostile work evoriment. They are allowed to treat you like trash and HR take sides. The trainings are copied and the CEO and center coordinator is old and rude, she needs to re-retire. They show no regards for family life. Only numbers and how many 1:1 clients they can get to get more money from the state. Benchmark needs to pull all funding and a total overhaul needs to be done. The CEO only is there part-time, get a free car to drive, and if your not in the inner circle you can kiss you position goodbye. Stressful. Too many chiefs not enough Indians. All they want are warm bodies to fill positions. I wouldn't send my pet dog there for services. And the HE chief manager is rude,bypass and very disrespective. Run run as fast as you can, unless you want drama. What's a working lunch break?
Pros
no lunch breaks
Cons
use pto time for everthing
They need to make sure that the people they hire really care for the people they serve.
Health Serive Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 16, 2017
RiverEdge is a great place to work if the management team cared for the individuals they served. I loved working for the company the time that I was there.
Worst job I ever had
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 14, 2017
This company is poorly managed from the CEO down. It will never be better until she is removed. Every decision must be approved by her, which holds up productivity. It's a very cliquish environment and you won't advance if you're not a part of the group. 401(k) doesn't have a good match so don't expect your fund to grow much. I cried every morning before going to this job, I was so unhappy there.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Poor management
work place
Social Service Provider I (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 10, 2017
Overall the work was rewarding. With the new changes of going from state benefits to not having state benefits doesn't help the people who have worked there the longest.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GA 31061March 12, 2017
This job taught me a lot about substance abuse and ways to understand and help addicts. The pay however was not good but the job dealing with the clients was great.
Very 'click-y'. Advancements were made based on your relationship with management, not experience or job performance
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 9, 2016
I was not impressed with the management as they played favorites. Advancement was near impossible for a new employee, regardless of experience or job performance.
Average employer
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 17, 2016
Hiring process went quickly. Drug testing required & random testing done. Close knit group of employees not eager to accept new colleagues. Job description unclear & constantly changing. Experience & education is not rewarded by pay.
This JOB is not what it's all boosted up to be!!!! Run, Run, Run!!!
Driver/DSP/administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 4, 2016
I had many job descriptions and not one pay raise! There was always an excuse for not compensating for the workload they give you! NOT a good workplace.
Pros
Cons
benefits were good!
Great place to learn and grow
Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 10, 2016
River Edge is a large community service board CSB that offers numerous services to middle GA. It's an organization to experience a variety of populations and learn a lot.
Please keep looking! Don't waste your time! RUN!!!!
Support (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 3, 2016
Please don't waste your time coming to work here. My interview and job description was very misleading. I don't do anything in my job description. Benefits are very expensive! You're not compensated much and they take insurance out of your paycheck all at once the beginning of the month instead of taking a small percentage bi-weekly like other companies. So you can only guess what percentage of money you take home after all of these deductions. The curriculum that you have to teach other people are very outdated and boring! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! Unless you are looking for a JOB and not a CAREER because this is ONLY A JOB!!!!!
Pros
Cons
AWFUL ALL AROUND! NOT Professional! Patients tell the Employees what to do!!!
They don't value good employees.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 1, 2016
They have terrible, unproductive employees that have been there for years, and they don't care about retaining the good ones. It's all about politics, poor leadership and supervision, and of course money. There is little room for advancement. The insurance is pretty good but the retirement benefits are not. The thing that annoyed me the most was the Paid Time Off. You are forced to use your earned PTO for ANY reason you miss work- even holidays when they are closed. It's crazy! They will give you a hard time for taking off, too, and will question you as to why you need off. If you dare to make a suggestion to improve something, prepare to get your head bitten off. Also, safety is sorely lacking. Security is an absolute joke.
Pros
Mostly good coworkers
Cons
Short-sighted!!! Poor leadership/supervision.