River Oaks Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

i am abe to meet the needs of management,staff and patients
Nurse Nursing supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 4, 2015
providing adequate staff for safe patient care, making rounds on all departments listen to staff and patients concerns. notifying appropriate Managers of concerns of staff and patients. the hardest part of my job is being able to meet all staff needs .for request of days off. being able to work with co-workers on all levels and communicate effectively with concerns. with this job i have learned Patience the most enjoyable part is at the end of the shift there are no incidents to report to management. Management has on open door policy for all complaints and encourage participation in addressing policies and procedures
Pros
parking
Cons
short staffing
Fun workplace, well organized
Intern (Former Employee) –  Day Treatment CenterFebruary 23, 2016
As an intern, there was much to learn and a great staff to learn it from. I enjoyed working in the outpatient building, but have known other interns on other buildings that did not have a supportive environment like I did.
Pros
Friendly, supportive supervisors
Not a good place for techs.
Psychiatric Tech. (Former Employee) –  Child and Adolescent UnitOctober 19, 2013
I worked here for three years. The pay is $10/hr for a position requiring a 4yr degree. There is no promotion potential and no opportunity for a pay raise. While there may be good relationships between nurses and admin and between admin and admin; techs get treated very poorly by admin and by some nurses.

The units are understaffed and only about 50% of the nurses actually care about their job. While the adolescent unit's manager was fantastic, admin treated her poorly. I would not reccommend being a tech here. HR only comes around to the unit twice per year, when the corporate execs come to town and to bribe you with candy for the annual survey.

There are other psych hospitals in the area that start at $15/hr and many good techs have left to work at those.
Pros
unlimited ot
Cons
horrible pay. no promotion potential. understaffed.
management
Social Services (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 12, 2015
I have learned to appreciate my colleagues both in the mental health profession and the medical profession. We are a team on our unit. We do not hesitate to help each other for the benefit of the patients at our inpatient hospital.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
corporate strategies
Intense but good working environment
Psychiatric Counselor (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day was different every day. I was stationed in the Dual Diagnoses unit but often moved around between Dual Diagnoses, Eating Disorders, Child and Adolescent, Adult Psychiatric, and Trauma units. I leaned the structure and functioning of the different units. I learned what treatment plans look like for each unit. I learned techniques and tactics to use for the treatment of the various individuals. Management was wonderful. A RN Nurse was the manager of each unit. My co-workers were wonderful. Good working team.The hardest part of the job was not having a stable work schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the many different units and getting experience in all units.
I loved this job
Psychatric Tech.. (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJune 29, 2015
I loved this job because it gave me a chance to change the lives of many youths.. The hardest part was having patients attack u at time but I am a understanding person so I didn't take it heart.. My coworker was great to work with
It was a joy to take care of patients
EMergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 26, 2015
Stock each ER room. Assist the doctors and nurses with patient care. Take the vital signs of the patients, splints, draw blood, and transport paitents. Clean the ER rooms when patients leave. I enjoyed this job, just didn't pay well.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Excellent work environment , lots of opportunities for advancement
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2012
I absolutely loved working here, the work ethics were excellent and productive.
Pros
great hospital enviroment
Cons
management not at its best interest for corporate
Very fast paced
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 5, 2013
Enjoyed working there, gained alot of experience. Was very comfortable in this position
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
big turnover
n/a
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 14, 2014
Coordinated daily floor care services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
Cleaned floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, disinfecting, etc. Ensured that appropriate caution/safety signs were properly set up prior to performing such duties as stripping/waxing.
always new thing to learn
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 15, 2015
lovely place, to work , the hardest part of this job , was seeing death , on any day of the week. Very sad .
Great Environment to work in.
Human Resources Assistant- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 9, 2013
A typical day in the Human Resource Department at River Oaks Hospital would be to start by preparing incoming new hires with all preliminary paperwork. This would be the necessary background checks, drug screening, etc. They would also fill out all their tax forms and was given the necessary benefit information for them to review prior to Orientation.
All the Orientation Packets were put together prior to that date.
It was crucial as well to manage all the personnel files with the necessary documentation that kept us prepared for Joint Commission Surveys.
All new hire paperwork was prepared for the Payroll Department as well as any termination paperwork. In addition, the Insurance Company had to be alerted to the fact when any employee left employment. Also assisted employees with any and all benefit issues which meant i acted as the liaison between the insurance company and the employee.
The hardest part of this position i believe was actually balancing and keeping up with all the task at hand due to low staffing.
The most enjoyable part of this position was the ability to work with employees with different issues and being able to help them get a resolution to them.
Pros
close proximity to home
Cons
you may be asked to flex your time if the census was down.
Good family enviornment
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 10, 2014
This is a good place to work with people who care about each other. Everyone works hard to pull their own weight.
Amazing
Medical Record Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2014
This was my favorite place to work. I loved the team environment there and only left because of Hurricane Katrina.
Pros
team environment, laid back atmosphere
River Oaks Hospital no go!
Psch Tech (Former Employee) –  Harrahan, LAJanuary 25, 2014
This is a highly unstructured hospital that is dangerous to work at. You can google the infamous things that have went down publicly with this place. Be forewarned your license is at risk.
Pros
th people are friendly
Cons
everything else
clerk
ED Admitting Rep (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSMarch 12, 2014
It gets very busy. Lots of energy.
Most co-workers are good workers and enjoy working with them.
Hard part is when it gets very busy and there are only 2 clerks working.
The part I enjoy most are the patients.
Discharge Nurse for 30 bed unit (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSAugust 5, 2014
Great Place to work. Great location. Great work environment.
L&d rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSNovember 7, 2014
Very busy and physical job helping birth babies. Awesome job and coworkers.
I love ROH, wish I had never left!
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSNovember 12, 2012
Previously worked here and request an opportunity to do so again. This job feels like home and I have missed the way nurses work together.
Friendly Staff
Security (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJune 2, 2014
Friendly staff and great work environment. I would recommend this place to anyone.

4.2