River Oaks Hospital

River Oaks Hospital Employer Reviews

Amazing
Medical Record Technician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: team environment, laid back atmosphere
This was my favorite place to work. I loved the team environment there and only left because of Hurricane Katrina.
n/a
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJuly 14, 2014
Coordinated daily floor care services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
Cleaned floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, disinfecting, etc. Ensured that appropriate caution/safety signs were properly set up prior to performing such duties as stripping/waxing.
Friendly Staff
Security (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJune 2, 2014
Friendly staff and great work environment. I would recommend this place to anyone.
fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, MSApril 8, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: short breaks
hard work but rewarding place to work.Very good bosses to work for
clerk
ED Admitting Rep (Current Employee), Flowood, MSMarch 12, 2014
It gets very busy. Lots of energy.
Most co-workers are good workers and enjoy working with them.
Hard part is when it gets very busy and there are only 2 clerks working.
The part I enjoy most are the patients.
good
Patient Benefit Advisor (Current Employee), Flowood, MSJanuary 30, 2014
Very good hospital working for such wonderful people.It was like my second home.
River Oaks Hospital no go!
Psch Tech (Former Employee), Harrahan, LAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: th people are friendly
Cons: everything else
This is a highly unstructured hospital that is dangerous to work at. You can google the infamous things that have went down publicly with this place. Be forewarned your license is at risk.
Not a good place for techs.
Psychiatric Tech. (Former Employee), Child and Adolescent UnitOctober 19, 2013
Pros: unlimited ot
Cons: horrible pay. no promotion potential. understaffed.
I worked here for three years. The pay is $10/hr for a position requiring a 4yr degree. There is no promotion potential and no opportunity for a pay raise. While there may be good relationships between nurses and admin and between admin and admin; techs get treated very poorly by admin and by some nurses.

The units are understaffed and only about 50% – more... of the nurses actually care about their job. While the adolescent unit's manager was fantastic, admin treated her poorly. I would not reccommend being a tech here. HR only comes around to the unit twice per year, when the corporate execs come to town and to bribe you with candy for the annual survey.

There are other psych hospitals in the area that start at $15/hr and many good techs have left to work at those. – less
Family oriented
Imaging Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 17, 2013
Over all River Oaks is a good place to work. Great customers.
Very fast paced
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 5, 2013
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: big turnover
Enjoyed working there, gained alot of experience. Was very comfortable in this position
Good company to work for
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee), Flowood, MSMay 14, 2013
I really enjoyed working for this hospital. The people were friendly.
Intense but good working environment
Psychiatric Counselor (Former Employee), Harahan, LAJanuary 30, 2013
A typical day was different every day. I was stationed in the Dual Diagnoses unit but often moved around between Dual Diagnoses, Eating Disorders, Child and Adolescent, Adult Psychiatric, and Trauma units. I leaned the structure and functioning of the different units. I learned what treatment plans look like for each unit. I learned techniques and tactics – more... to use for the treatment of the various individuals. Management was wonderful. A RN Nurse was the manager of each unit. My co-workers were wonderful. Good working team.The hardest part of the job was not having a stable work schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the many different units and getting experience in all units. – less
Great Environment to work in.
Human Resources Assistant- Full Time (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: close proximity to home
Cons: you may be asked to flex your time if the census was down.
A typical day in the Human Resource Department at River Oaks Hospital would be to start by preparing incoming new hires with all preliminary paperwork. This would be the necessary background checks, drug screening, etc. They would also fill out all their tax forms and was given the necessary benefit information for them to review prior to Orientation.
All – more... the Orientation Packets were put together prior to that date.
It was crucial as well to manage all the personnel files with the necessary documentation that kept us prepared for Joint Commission Surveys.
All new hire paperwork was prepared for the Payroll Department as well as any termination paperwork. In addition, the Insurance Company had to be alerted to the fact when any employee left employment. Also assisted employees with any and all benefit issues which meant i acted as the liaison between the insurance company and the employee.
The hardest part of this position i believe was actually balancing and keeping up with all the task at hand due to low staffing.
The most enjoyable part of this position was the ability to work with employees with different issues and being able to help them get a resolution to them. – less
I love ROH, wish I had never left!
Staff RN (Former Employee), Flowood, MSNovember 12, 2012
Previously worked here and request an opportunity to do so again. This job feels like home and I have missed the way nurses work together.
Excellent work environment , lots of opportunities for advancement
Admitting Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 17, 2012
Pros: great hospital enviroment
Cons: management not at its best interest for corporate
I absolutely loved working here, the work ethics were excellent and productive.

About River Oaks Hospital

William Schoen, chairman of Health Management Associates (HMA), once described his company as the "Wal-MartĀ of the hospital business" – Read more