River Oaks Hospital Employee Reviews

A very rewarding and satisfying job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with Doctors, nurses, patients as part of my job. i utilized medical terminology and learned alot about coding and charging patients as a Unit Secretary. I assisted with the admission and discharge process by updating patient information. Provided accurate transcription of orders and coordinated scheduling of procedures, tests, and appointments. Organized medical record charts, Greeted and interacted with patients, families, visitors, and guests. Responsible for completion of assignments, demonstrating reliability and dependability while utilizing cost-effective measures with a positive attitude.
Be safe and look elsewhere!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Ridge, LAMarch 12, 2017
This place is ran like a shelter. Dirty. Housekeeping and Maintenance are a joke. Many of the staff members are extremely lazy, claim to be former addicts, or suffering from some psych disorder of their own. The longer they work there, the worse their practice and ethics are. There is a fast turnover because the "good" nurses leave quickly, so you are stuck with the old garbage. Unorganized place. Staff/Management treat their favorite employees differently. Administration is cold and non-existent after your orientation. This is a good place to lose or constantly be threatened with any type of license that you may have. The favorites have no problem relating this to you daily. You are often left in dangerous staffing situations. Many nurses lose their license here. Never lost mine because I left due to inadequate staffing, poor administration, and rude coworkers. Be smart and stay away. Save your time, energy, and the heartache.
Pros
Free canned food. You can get benefits taken out of your check
Cons
Dangerous, inadequate staffing, low pay, lack of management

Comment – April 22, 2017

Favorite nurses get to pick their unit. Mostly everyone is unhappy with staffing. It is just ridiculous. You can not move from your assigned shift once you start, so you have to remain there with an unhappy or exhausted feeling. High staff turnover. Oldies stay, however they are the worst employees at the place. Get rid of the lazy, breastfed employees who have had their clique for years and you may "begin" to start to clean up your so called hospital. Amazing that this place is Joint Commission Accredited, because DHH would shut this place down if they saw behind the scenes.

HIM Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MS 39232January 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at River Oaks. Most days were very busy, which is what I like. I worked with a great group of girls that knew their jobs and did them well. We all got alone great.
Pros
work schedule in my department was very flexible
Cons
pay could have been better
Be careful working here.
Psch Tech (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LANovember 29, 2016
While working for this so-call hospital, I noticed how the majority of the RN nursing stall chose who, what, when and where they wanted to work. The majority of the RN's didn't have much respect for the patients. For the most part, the nurses stayed in the office after giving report or medicines. The psych counselors where often left on their own, after being trained for a few days of orientation. Management pretty much didn't exist, because like I said the awful nurses were the ones running the show. This facility is more like a paid shelter, that really don't care about the patients needs. Ask yourself why is there a high turnover rate?
Pros
Being able to help the patients.
Cons
Nursing staff and Management is awful.
Do not apply
Psychiatric Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAOctober 31, 2016
It's not a good place to work. You are not paid what you are worth. It is not safe. They will over work you and expect much more than what the job requires.
Small hospital. Friendly staff
Crt (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSOctober 29, 2016
Been a good place to work for over 20 years . Overall , Has been a great learning experience from nicu to adult patients . Overall, a good atmosphere...
good
Sous Chef/Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSAugust 24, 2016
preparing lunch for Dr.'s lounge and retail took up the first 3 hours,checking the storage units for neatness. I learned how to deal with coworker effectively.
Rn
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 28, 2016
worked on med-surg floor at night

aide during the week but not weekends

overloaded at times

nurses on this floor would float to other positions in the hospital leaving us with only 3 or 4 nurses with 20-25 patients
Nice Workplace and alot of Opportunties to learn more
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 18, 2016
Working at the hospital was truly an amazing experience for me. Everyone there is so nice and talkative. Everyday your seeing a new face walk through the door. The place is so big every floor you go on you learn something new. You don't ever have to worry about being safe because security is watching the place 24/7 and also walking around. All over the hospital is an awesome place to work
Pros
discounts on breakfast and lunch, free stuff at least once a month, and free lunch for your birthday every year
Cons
they don't pay enough and the benefits suck
Fun workplace, well organized
Intern (Former Employee) –  Day Treatment CenterFebruary 23, 2016
As an intern, there was much to learn and a great staff to learn it from. I enjoyed working in the outpatient building, but have known other interns on other buildings that did not have a supportive environment like I did.
Pros
Friendly, supportive supervisors
management
Social Services (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 12, 2015
I have learned to appreciate my colleagues both in the mental health profession and the medical profession. We are a team on our unit. We do not hesitate to help each other for the benefit of the patients at our inpatient hospital.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
corporate strategies
i am abe to meet the needs of management,staff and patients
Nurse Nursing supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 4, 2015
providing adequate staff for safe patient care, making rounds on all departments listen to staff and patients concerns. notifying appropriate Managers of concerns of staff and patients. the hardest part of my job is being able to meet all staff needs .for request of days off. being able to work with co-workers on all levels and communicate effectively with concerns. with this job i have learned Patience the most enjoyable part is at the end of the shift there are no incidents to report to management. Management has on open door policy for all complaints and encourage participation in addressing policies and procedures
Pros
parking
Cons
short staffing
I loved this job
Psychatric Tech.. (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJune 29, 2015
I loved this job because it gave me a chance to change the lives of many youths.. The hardest part was having patients attack u at time but I am a understanding person so I didn't take it heart.. My coworker was great to work with
It was a joy to take care of patients
EMergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 26, 2015
Stock each ER room. Assist the doctors and nurses with patient care. Take the vital signs of the patients, splints, draw blood, and transport paitents. Clean the ER rooms when patients leave. I enjoyed this job, just didn't pay well.
Pros
Plenty of hours
always new thing to learn
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 15, 2015
lovely place, to work , the hardest part of this job , was seeing death , on any day of the week. Very sad .
Good family enviornment
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 10, 2014
This is a good place to work with people who care about each other. Everyone works hard to pull their own weight.
L&d rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSNovember 7, 2014
Very busy and physical job helping birth babies. Awesome job and coworkers.
Discharge Nurse for 30 bed unit (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSAugust 5, 2014
Great Place to work. Great location. Great work environment.
Amazing
Medical Record Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2014
This was my favorite place to work. I loved the team environment there and only left because of Hurricane Katrina.
Pros
Team environment, laid back atmosphere
n/a
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 14, 2014
Coordinated daily floor care services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
Cleaned floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, disinfecting, etc. Ensured that appropriate caution/safety signs were properly set up prior to performing such duties as stripping/waxing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Oaks Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.