River Park Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Enjoyed being around public.
Floor tech (Former Employee) –  McMinnville,TN 37110June 21, 2015
Preparing for the days scheduled of duties to be preformed. I learned to operate and maintained the equipment used in my daily duties. The management was helpful in guiding me in my new duties and continued to be successful. Co-workers input was very important in helping with my job performance. Being overly thorough in some aspects of the job. To me the most enjoyable part of the work was to converse with the public.
Pros
Benifits of the job.
Cons
Hazards of working in the health care atmosphere.
horrible!
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 18, 2013
I worked for the company for 6 years. Always understaffed. Pay was below poverty level. Upper management was uncaring. Had hopes it would get better. .. never did. Unit staff were great like the Nurses and mht's.
Pros
schedule was usually the same. no surprises.
Cons
never got a lunch break. .. air conditioner was always broke. short staffed.
Great work place.
Full Time Imaging, CT (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNJuly 28, 2014
Excellent place to work. People are very friendly. I typically come into work and start the xray's on ER and Inpatients. We do also get out patients. Then I clean equipment and stock the rooms.
My co-workers and I work as a team which makes things run very smooth. Plus we help each other with the heavy lifting (BIG PATIENTS). The hardest part of my job is sliding heavy patients from the back board to the exam tables.
I have learned that patient's safety comes first.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with friendly people who I consider family. We cut up when it's slow and have fun.
Pros
great job, great people. love my job!!
Cons
it's an hour away from my home. gas prices higher than ever. i only get 32 hours per week.
Professional
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 14, 2013
A typical day includes, group, individual, and family therapy sessions, or an education group for parents. It also includes interfacing with direct care staff, behavioral interventions, and crisis intervention and preventions. It includes working directly with the facility social worker, physicians and other departments and MDT members such as JPO's Courts, Lawyers and Parents to manage care of the student. The best part of my Job is doing therapy and working with the staff. The hardest part of the job is managing the demands of Residential Care Patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the day you see the turning point in the student you are working with.
I enjoyed every minute of my job.
Medical transcription (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 27, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was typing and working through difficult challenges. The hardest part of my job was trying to figure out what the doctors were dictating. I worked with people who cared about their job and it showed.
Pros
building friendly relationships
Cons
not getting to know enough people
enjoyed working here
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNApril 20, 2013
Our work day was usually very busy. A day never went by, where I didnt learn anything. My manager was always very helpful whenever there was a problem. My co-workers were very cooperative and very helpful. I did enjoy helping the patients feel better.
Pros
excellent work hours
Cons
frequent changing leaders
Fun and different work enviroment
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Huntington West VirginaFebruary 20, 2012
I had a wide range of responsiblites including monitoring and assisting patients ages 8-12 years of age which consisted of a group of 12 patients, I also filed computer reports.
Pros
free lunchs and also free breaks
Cons
managment was not up to par.
Great work enviroment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 12, 2013
River Park hospital is a great place to work, great staff and fun enviroment.
fun
LPN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 14, 2014
Learned how to deesculate angry patients. Very stressful but rewarding.
Pros
something different every day
Cons
scheduling

River Park Hospital Reviews by Location