River Park Hospital Employee Reviews

Doing what they can with drug addiction
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  12306th avenue Huntington wvJuly 21, 2017
I was a charge nurse on a clinically insane floor which housed only 10 very special residents. I learned a great deal about the mentally ill and there challenges. The drug addiction is consuming most of the allocated money so I am concerned about the future. I loved working with the patient staff and had empathy for the patients.
Stressful
Mental Heath Technician. (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 27, 2017
fast past, very busy, under staffed, and crazy. I didn't learn much while being there other than how to take Vital Signs.

The management was pretty good other than one or two people. the hardest part of the job was having 20 patients with two staff members. The best part was time to leave.
Loved the floor staff
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 18, 2017
Lot of favoritism and people who are not qualified getting positions handed to them. Floor staff is great but get blamed for everything that is wrong when leadership should be more supportive of them
Pros
Floor staff is great
Cons
management does not focus on any positives all negatives bad for morale
Enjoyed being around public.
Floor tech (Former Employee) –  McMinnville,TN 37110June 21, 2015
Preparing for the days scheduled of duties to be preformed. I learned to operate and maintained the equipment used in my daily duties. The management was helpful in guiding me in my new duties and continued to be successful. Co-workers input was very important in helping with my job performance. Being overly thorough in some aspects of the job. To me the most enjoyable part of the work was to converse with the public.
Pros
Benifits of the job.
Cons
Hazards of working in the health care atmosphere.
I enjoyed every minute of my job.
Medical transcription (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 27, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was typing and working through difficult challenges. The hardest part of my job was trying to figure out what the doctors were dictating. I worked with people who cared about their job and it showed.
Pros
Building friendly relationships
Cons
Not getting to know enough people
My Current Job ..
Family Birth Unit RN (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNAugust 24, 2014
I have worked here a little over a year. I love it for the most part. I work a lot of hours.I have great co-workers and a wonderful unit manager, we all work together great as a team, which means a lot. Would recommend this facility to anyone. The people are friendly, the pay is competitive.
Pros
great pay
Cons
work a lot of extra hours
Great work place.
Full Time Imaging, CT (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNJuly 28, 2014
Excellent place to work. People are very friendly. I typically come into work and start the xray's on ER and Inpatients. We do also get out patients. Then I clean equipment and stock the rooms.
My co-workers and I work as a team which makes things run very smooth. Plus we help each other with the heavy lifting (BIG PATIENTS). The hardest part of my job is sliding heavy patients from the back board to the exam tables.
I have learned that patient's safety comes first.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with friendly people who I consider family. We cut up when it's slow and have fun.
Pros
Great job, great people. Love my job!!
Cons
It's an hour away from my home. Gas prices higher than ever. I only get 32 hours per week.
fun
LPN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 14, 2014
Learned how to deesculate angry patients. Very stressful but rewarding.
Pros
something different every day
Cons
scheduling
Professional
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 14, 2013
A typical day includes, group, individual, and family therapy sessions, or an education group for parents. It also includes interfacing with direct care staff, behavioral interventions, and crisis intervention and preventions. It includes working directly with the facility social worker, physicians and other departments and MDT members such as JPO's Courts, Lawyers and Parents to manage care of the student. The best part of my Job is doing therapy and working with the staff. The hardest part of the job is managing the demands of Residential Care Patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the day you see the turning point in the student you are working with.
horrible!
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 18, 2013
I worked for the company for 6 years. Always understaffed. Pay was below poverty level. Upper management was uncaring. Had hopes it would get better. .. never did. Unit staff were great like the Nurses and mht's.
Pros
schedule was usually the same. no surprises.
Cons
never got a lunch break. .. air conditioner was always broke. short staffed.
enjoyed working here
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNApril 20, 2013
Our work day was usually very busy. A day never went by, where I didnt learn anything. My manager was always very helpful whenever there was a problem. My co-workers were very cooperative and very helpful. I did enjoy helping the patients feel better.
Pros
excellent work hours
Cons
frequent changing leaders
Great work enviroment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 12, 2013
River Park hospital is a great place to work, great staff and fun enviroment.
Fun and different work enviroment
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Huntington West VirginaFebruary 20, 2012
I had a wide range of responsiblites including monitoring and assisting patients ages 8-12 years of age which consisted of a group of 12 patients, I also filed computer reports.
Pros
free lunchs and also free breaks
Cons
managment was not up to par.