Rivers Casino and Resort Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fast paced, fun place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 4, 2017
Very fun place to work but not much time outside of work. Great Cafeteria and Benefits.
Great people to work with. Could be more accommodating to employees.
An acquired taste
N/A (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 20, 2017
According to employees from the sister companies, "Rivers Casino is (was) the best place to work for," at some point in 09'. I am unsure of what changed the culture from then until now (maybe because they've capitalized). To sum it up, not all leaders/HR personal or casino hosts are approachable, %50 of the employed do enough to get by, and try to call the Team Member Ethics Hotline to report unethical behavior; it falls on deaf ears. The burnout that comes alongside simply maintaining employment under this establishment is unethical itself.

#NeverWinningWhenWorkingForRivers
Pros
Receiving a paycheck
Cons
Getting recognition
Great team work within marketing department
Marketing Ambassador/ Players Club Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 7, 2017
Great team work. Fun atmosphere. Enjoy going to work everyday, co workers are smiling management is a pleasure to work with and the casino is beautiful. I take pride when I say I work at Rivers Casino and Resort.
A great place to work
Beverage Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 21, 2017
Rivers Casino is a wonderful place to work. The hardest part of my job is that I have no peronsal life due to the fact that I have been scheduled to work graveyard shift. I feel that I have helped develop a wonderful work culture and that I have learned more than I could have ever imagined opening up such a new beautiful casino.
Terrible place to work
Food and Beverage Fountain Attendant Start up crew (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 11, 2017
Rivers Casino is terrible place to work. If you have a family I wouldn't suggest apply because they could care less about your family, they come first in their eyes. They promise you a whole bunch of things that they don't hold true to at all. There is absolutely no room for growth in this company, they say they do internal hiring over outside hiring which is a bold face LIE. Absolutely not worth the stress or headache.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Only one 30 mins break, poor managment, no room for growth in the company