Rivers Casino Employee Reviews

General
Executive Steward (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Fun!! This place was full of great talent and a young company moving forward in the right direction! Surrounded by great culture and a city that loves it's sports!!
Rivers Casino
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 29, 2015
Fun coworkers, interesting guests, decent compensation.
Hours do get very long on the floor though. So wear good shoes.
Very fun place too work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 13, 2015
Room too grow, and employees are able to move too different departments after 90 days of employment. Management is always helpful when team members have problems. Human Resource is always there too listen when we have problems.
Pros
$1 lunch available to employees
Cons
table games is a good opportunity to earn a decent paycheck without too much education
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 30, 2015
Fast paced environment that will keep you on your toes. Management provides a lot of perks for employees. A good place to work if you enjoy action and noise....You have to be able to tolerate working in a smoking environment.....my least favorite part of the job....it makes me very sick!
Pros
Free parking, employee cafeteria, decent paycheck
Cons
short breaks, shift hours, smoking environment, benefits aren't that great
Working in the main bank learning the chips
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 9, 2015
A typical day at work is you never know what department you are going in. I learned all department and some of my co-workers were easy to get alone with because I'm easy going. The hardest part is when you train with someone that don't want to train you and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers with a smile.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Lunch
Productive and fun work place
Pastry Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 30, 2015
Fun work place. Great colleagues. Promoting from with-in is greatly looked upon. Huge diversity. Glass ceilings in some departments.
Pros
Benefits, $1.00 lunch buffet
Cons
Red tape & Politics
Love this place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 7, 2015
They gave me a chance and I went on to continue in housekeeping. I like it. There was no hard part to this job, the most enjoyable part of the job-watching the guests play slots.
Pros
Ability to help others
Cons
N/A
Fast pace enviroment
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 14, 2015
Fast pace enviroment, being a casino. Always something to do. Tasks assigned per ability. Learned some about HVAC systems.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extremely difficult to get day shift
Fun and enjoyable environment at the work place.
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 13, 2015
Worked for almost four years and enjoy the every moment at work. Lots of fun and recreation in the working environment. More hospitality at work place.
Rivers Casino has helped me become to skilled professional that i am today.
Surveillance Operator (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 3, 2015
I am a dedicated worker. I am loyal to the company i work for and desire to broaden my work experience. I am easy to get along with and handle pressure efficiently.

Want to know more about Rivers Casino?

Ask a question
Fun place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 23, 2015
We provide the best customer service! Rivers is a fun place to work. Great benefits and overall great team to be a part of. A lot of politics, but that comes with any company.
Sad expirience
Slot Technician Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2015
Doesn't matter how good are you or what you know, you have to know someone to get advancement or a nice pay raise.
Management of Technician daily routine, delegate various duties.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant F&B Manager, Nightlife Operations (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 17, 2015
Rivers Casino provides a fun and fast paced environment. With more than 1400 employees in the whole property it still feels small enough to be a friends and family environment. I have 8 supervisors, 67 cocktail servers, 35 bartenders and 15 bar porters under me that I manage on a daily basis in my department. Working at Rivers Casino has showed me that you could have fun at work but also succeed and strive for greatness.
Great Paywise, But needs seroius work in management and work environment professionalism
Kitchen Steward/Work study/internship (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 15, 2015
Though it was only a intern / paid work study program, I was allowed to experience the full work force of the company. Pay was overall well, at the time starting at $11.50/hr when minimum wage was $7.25/hr, and quarterly raises based upon experience (B.O.E). and great benefits ( both part-time and Full). Horrible management, (at least in my department Kitchen/B.O.H) sometimes rather very unprofessional, and disrespectful. They have a very high turn-over rate, so don't only take my word for it, look it up.
Pros
Great pay, Great benefits.
Cons
Difficult to advance in company, Can be very unprofessional both in management and work environment
great place to work
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 14, 2015
This is one of the best casinos to work for. The pay is great and they do not have all the low end players just walking around the casino looking for handouts.
Pros
good pay
Cons
the drive
Fun place to work
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2015
Rivers Casino Is a good place to work if your looking for career advancement but there is no job security. I like working here because if the employee incentives and the Casino is a clean and fun place to work.
Fun place to work with good money BUT...
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2015
Not a place to work if you have family. You must start on swing shift and that usually includes over nights or until 3am. Also there is no set schedule and they work on a point system. Once your points have run out you are 'suspended indefinitely' until you meet with someone from HR to get your job back. This means no pay for up to or longer than a month. The HR department is pretty much useless but they run the whole casino. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing games and being in the casino environment. I couldn't stand the way they didn't have sick days or weren't understanding about having family. Every time you are sick you have to apply for FMLA and deal with HR. It was difficult and frustrating.
Pros
Free lunches, free parking
Cons
No job security, deplorable HR team
Dealing Summary
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed working around a variety of different people. It allows me to see things from another prospective. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to entertain people which temporarily allowed them to forget about their issues outside.
Pros
Closer to home
Family like work environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2015
This was a great place to work for. The beverage department had some of the best team members and personalities. Management had difficulties communicating with each other and the team members and whenever a question was asked you Recieved a different answer from each supervisor or manager.
Pros
24 hour team dining room 401k
Cons
bad management
Great customer service expectations
Table Games Floor Supervisor/Dealer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 2, 2015
A typical day consists of guest and entertainment. There is a concept of customer service ond skill they call 80/20. The management is all about the team members and growth within. Its a diverse working environment. Hardest part was starting out part time. Enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the guesst that frequented the premises and getting to know so many people.
Pros
great advancement opportunities