Rivers Casino

Rivers Casino Employer Reviews

Not a fun place to work...
Dealer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 23, 2014
They just don't seem to want to work with their employees....it really is a shame :(
Fun, Fast pace, Entertaining
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: fun, teamwork, benefits
Cons: negative guest
I love working here, you met different guest everyday and gave a one on one experience with them, great benefits, teamwork, and lots of fun
Very fast pace place
Commissary/Production Kitchen Chef (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILSeptember 14, 2014
if you are in to the fast pace work environment, if you can really throw it down and cook this is the place for you
horrible
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: hostile
horrible place to work the table games management is bias and only takes care of their own very hostile work environment
Productive and great place to work for.
Player Services Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ilSeptember 11, 2014
-Coordinate with other recruiters on targeting markets and bringing the programming to potential student.
-coordinate college fairs with high schools, churches, community centers , outreach centers and Chicago park districts.
-Handle campus tours for perspective students
-conduct presentations for high school juniors and seniors about our programs offered.
fun place
Cashier/ Players Club Rep (Former Employee), pittsburghSeptember 8, 2014
I love it here very fun and outgoing
loved it great place to work everyone is nice
Awful Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Unprofessional/incompetent management, unfair time-off/vacation policies, harassment and retaliation part of the job culture, unfair discipline policies (i.e. getting pointed for making honest mistakes), poor employee morale. Very depressing work atmosphere.
rivers casino
line cook prep cook (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: casino offered crew lots of extra holiday perks
Cons: stuck at the same wage for long time
great place to work.management and chefs work just as hard as the crew.great healthcare benefits.and more
Awesome place to work!
NRT and Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: severely discounted food. health benefits, 401k, overtime, paid breaks
Cons: night shift
My views might be a little skewed because I was working the night shift the entire time.

A typical day is making sure people get their winnings.

I learned to never gamble heavily like the people I have seen. They get drunk, angry, and sometimes mean. I don't want to be like that.

Management is great. Being on the night shift really wore me down during – more... the first month there, but they were always supportive and energetic to keep all of us up and awake.

The hardest part of the job was, once again, the hours. The night shift and definitely drag and suck, but the most enjoyable part was the people. The people there keep you awake and wanting to come back and work on the night shift. – less
Good money but...
VIP Cocktail Server (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILAugust 1, 2014
Pros: tons of money
Cons: too much money but no time to actually spend it
Rivers casino was a good experience but not for a permanent job. you want to raise up money quick? This is the spot. It taught me a great life lesson which is you gotta work to live and not live to work. This job was life consuming. they rarely approve days off even if you ask for them in advance. I was there, raised money and met awesome great people, – more... but just wasn't suited for my life style. I guess i am more into the suit and tie jobs, hopefully lab coats in the future ;)

*I would also like to point out that this review is for the beverage department of the casino not the overall casino. – less
The Pastry Life
Pastry Cook (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: healthcare, hour break, and overtime options
Cons: not much advancement within the department and repeditive
I walk in and turn on the ovens and proofer. I pull out the carts from the refrigerators after I pick up the procurement order. I organize the procurement order and put everything in it's proper place. I then begin my production for the day whether it be for VIP, Coffee Spot, or the Canopy Line. I take my break at one pm. I return from my break and – more... finish my production for the day. I clean and sanitize my work area. I check off all items on my list to end my day. – less
fun
Surveillance Officer (Current Employee), des plaines il.July 7, 2014
Pros: we have dollar lunches.
Cons: compesation
My day at work starts very early 6:00am-I do enjoy waking up early. Ive learned the casino business aspect, pretty much fun. Management is fair, In my department they treat me good and notice my hardwork. My co-workers are fun to be with, we respect each other and have great comrotary. The hardest part of my job is when patrons are not having fun, they – more... intent to take it out on any casino employee they see! The most enjoyable part of my job is (meeting different people everyday and it creates an easy process for me day. – less
Property searching for identity
Director (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2014
You have a plan for the day and end up reacting to circumstances.
Fast paced work environment with many amenities for the employees.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILJune 17, 2014
Pros: free buffet, locker rooms with showers, good healthcare, and incentives.
Cons: unruly guests, accidental bodily functions, guests injuries.
- Job duties altered depending on the day. For instance, 3-4 days a week I was assigned to the Security Control Center. This is where I monitored live security video feed, communicated with surveillance, wrote extensive reports, monitored internal and external persons, answered phone calls, logged everyday activity and ran the 3 security systems on – more... the computer. - When not stationed at the Control Center, I assisted in very large cash transactions with tedious procedures and under constant surveillance. As well as escorts, observing guests for suspicious activity, and much more.

- I've learned that situations can change within seconds and to always be observant of the surroundings.

- Management was usually a working progress. It was a brand new Casino and had a lot of kinks to work out. Overall, I believe we communicated fairly well.

- Co-workers came and left often. The Casino work life is most definitely not for everyone. We all tried very hard to work together.

- Undoubtedly, the hardest part of this job was finding children and pets in vehicles on hot days and keeping composure while dealing with these individuals.

- The most enjoyable part was witnessing guests that were truly happy to win X amount of money and shared their happiness with everyone around them. – less
Fun atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILJune 12, 2014
Pros: 1 dollar lunches
Cons: management
Lots of troubleshooting.
I learned how to upload software into gaming devices
For the most part, management was horrible
Co-workers, most of the time were ok.
Fun work place depending on where your located
Head Hostess (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PaJune 8, 2014
Pros: a lot of nice coworkers
Cons: not a normal work schedule with the rest of the world
Never reach 80 hrs for the two weeks...weekends are during the week
Great Company
Executive Casino Host (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: pro employee company
Cons: difficult guest situations at times
Great Company to work for. They care for the employees. Pay is competitive. Management works hard to improve things.
Ok for low-skilled and low-wage employees
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch, paid 30 minute break, pto
Cons: disorganized and ineffective management
Management is disorganized and cannot manage conflict or expectations with employees or guests.
Fun job, meeting many people.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good pay
Cons: customers that loose and get out of control, bad laungauge
8 hours dealing different games
in house school to learn different games
very well run
co-workers were a bunch of fun people
Hours
interacting with many customers and employees
Not a great place to be
Caged Cashier/Poker BAnker (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 4, 2014
Poor management. Poor work environment. Parking was an issue when there were Pirate and Steeler games. Had to park in a dimly lighted parking lot.

1 2 3 4