Rivers Casino

Rivers Casino Employee Reviews

Dealing Summary
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Closer to home
Cons: None
I enjoyed working around a variety of different people. It allows me to see things from another prospective. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to entertain people which temporarily allowed them to forget about their issues outside.
Family like work environment
Bartender (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: 24 hour team dining room 401k
Cons: bad management
This was a great place to work for. The beverage department had some of the best team members and personalities. Management had difficulties communicating with each other and the team members and whenever a question was asked you Recieved a different answer from each supervisor or manager.
Great customer service expectations
Table Games Floor Supervisor/Dealer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great advancement opportunities
A typical day consists of guest and entertainment. There is a concept of customer service ond skill they call 80/20. The management is all about the team members and growth within. Its a diverse working environment. Hardest part was starting out part time. Enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the guesst that frequented the premises and getting to know so many people.
productive, management, table games
Dealer, Customer Service (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: being around co-workers
Cons: no cons
Fast pace job, management is excellent, co-workers are great,
have classes of all new games and compliance, Enjoy going to work
Good for someone single in there twenties. If your Older, married, have kids and established, move on.
Employee (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: dollar lunches. fun job, sometimes.
Cons: always open, little to no advancement.
Company started out great, making tons of money and giving decent raises. As of this year, they are still making tons of money, but cut raises to as little as 1 percent in some departments. Co workers are great, well the ones that stay, company has tremendously high turn over. The atmosphere and the job can be very fun, expect for when management is implementing some new policy and procedure. That actually happens quite often. Always open 24/7 makes for little to no work life balance for new hires.
Decent Pay, Inexperienced Management
Server and Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 3, 2015
The Rivers will be a much better place to work if they get a union in place. They often screw you out of deserved overtime. The casino seems to choose friends from outside of the casino for job openings over experienced, current employees. The tips are generally good, but the clientele is fairly unbearable.
Productive and fun environment to work in
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 30, 2014
I have learned how the casino business works, and working in security and surveillance has taught me a lot about assets and how to protect them. Assist guests in everyday incidents.
Best place to work in Pittsburgh
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 26, 2014
Pros: rivers casino took great care of the employees. kennywood, discount lunch, vacations
Cons: couldnt not move up in the surveillance department.
My previous experience at Rivers Casino has allowed me to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of PA Gaming Commission Rules and Regulations as well as interdepartmental communication skills. As a member of the Rivers Casino team, I contributed to the success of the company both through my accomplishments and mutual respect shown to other team members. I would complete any and all tasks in a timely manner and make it a daily mission to make all guests feel safe and comfortable in their environment by projecting a positive and helpful attitude.
Fun and Diverse Workplace in a Growing Company
Food & Beverage Shift Manager (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILNovember 20, 2014
Rivers Casino is an exciting environment to work in. I had the privilege of working within Food and Beverage overseeing six unique outlets ranging from a signature lounge, an expansive buffet, a 50's era diner, a one-stop coffee shop, an asian themed noodle bar, and a retail outlet.

I monitor the operations of the department both front and back of house. I strengthen budgetary guidelines in an effort to minimize costs in labor and product. I track cash handling variances, procedural audit discrepancies, and team members' attendance and payroll. I am responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, developing, and coaching over 90 team members in multiple positions at the line level. I am also responsible for training and coaching department leaders.

I have written and contributed to training manuals for multiple positions. I have refreshed a training program and assigned a trainer within each position. I have created many working documents for use within the department including tracking server sections in the outlets, formatting schedules for supervisors, determining team member seniority, and cataloguing team member performance; this has been especially useful when writing evaluations. I have also created and implemented shift bids for multiple schedules.

My shifts are typically 10-12 hours in keeping with the industry standard. I work multiple shifts at multiple times throughout the day including nights, weekends, and holidays.

The most challenging part of my job is finding a balance between meeting service expectations; recovering and determining restitution for service breakdowns; and maintaining a positive financial awareness.

The most enjoyable part of my job is building relationships with guests and developing relationships with team members. The fact that I can do that in an exciting, dynamic, high volume environment is invigorating and fun.
No rrom for growth and advancement
Cage Cashier/ Main Banker (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: fluctuating schedules no promotion opportunities
The department is very small hence no room for growth and advancement within the company
Great place to work,they treat us really good, i just wish they paid more.
Cook l (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 1, 2014
Pros: bonuses, friendly atmosphere, the amount of free food available.
Cons: pay
I have learned a lot from the Chefs that are there. The possibilities of learning are endless. The hardest part of my job is when we are short handed and there is no Chef there.
Great work environment
Players Club Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: point system
A very team oriented job where I was able to work everyday beside a group of outstanding people who love their jobs just as much as me. The guest is what ill missed most about is the people their was never a day which was the same.
Not a fun place to work...
Dealer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 23, 2014
They just don't seem to want to work with their employees....it really is a shame :(
Fun, Fast pace, Entertaining
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: fun, teamwork, benefits
Cons: negative guest
I love working here, you met different guest everyday and gave a one on one experience with them, great benefits, teamwork, and lots of fun
Very fast pace place
Commissary/Production Kitchen Chef (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILSeptember 14, 2014
if you are in to the fast pace work environment, if you can really throw it down and cook this is the place for you
horrible
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: hostile
horrible place to work the table games management is bias and only takes care of their own very hostile work environment
Productive and great place to work for.
Player Services Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ilSeptember 11, 2014
-Coordinate with other recruiters on targeting markets and bringing the programming to potential student.
-coordinate college fairs with high schools, churches, community centers , outreach centers and Chicago park districts.
-Handle campus tours for perspective students
-conduct presentations for high school juniors and seniors about our programs offered.
fun place
Cashier/ Players Club Rep (Former Employee), pittsburghSeptember 8, 2014
I love it here very fun and outgoing
loved it great place to work everyone is nice
Awful Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Unprofessional/incompetent management, unfair time-off/vacation policies, harassment and retaliation part of the job culture, unfair discipline policies (i.e. getting pointed for making honest mistakes), poor employee morale. Very depressing work atmosphere.
rivers casino
line cook prep cook (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: casino offered crew lots of extra holiday perks
Cons: stuck at the same wage for long time
great place to work.management and chefs work just as hard as the crew.great healthcare benefits.and more

1 2 3 4