Rivers Casino Employee Reviews

Great company, amaziimg customer service, awesome enviornment, amazing benefits
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  3000 south river road Rosemont IL, 60016November 25, 2016
Great place to grow and learn ALOT. Each supervisor works with you hands on, and you become a better employee overall. Most important you become apart of something bigger than yourself. To me rivers is the best place to build your credentials and get a good head start on your career, whether it may be hospitality business management, steward, evs, slot tech,prep cook,pastry or simply human resources this company gives you the resources to be something in life and ultimately shape your own destiny from within it truly is a blessing and golden opportunity for those who choose a career with rivers
Pros
Everything is without a doubt fair
Cons
No cons
Table Games Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2017
The casino enviroment is unlike any other. Fast paced and exciting, Positive management, great benefits as well as over 2 weeks paid time off your first year. Alot of opportunities for advancement
Pros
401k match up to 5%, great benefits
Cons
work nights, weekends, holidays..etc
Didnt really enjoy the experience.
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 27, 2017
It wasn't a fit for me. The casino business just is not for me. I didn't really learn anything new. Management was okay. I didn't enjoy the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was the people I had to deal with. The most enjoyable part was cooking.
Great to the employees
Rush Rewards Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 2, 2017
Great benefits to the employees. Decent starting wage. Advancement potential. Annual raises and bonus. Good benefits. Hours can be a bit rough and working weekend and holidays, but overall great place to work.
Thought it would be the place i worked until retirement
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2016
I worked at Rivers for 7+ years opening a couple different restaurants on property. I was passed up on promotions because i didnt play into the favoritism routine. I was targeted by management after i voiced my opinion about feeling mistreated. I was wrongfully terminated and i am in a class action lawsuit because of this. And the 7+ years of work i put in that place never meant anything.
Benefits
Cons
Its all smoke and mirrors. Falsely represented.
great work atmosphere terrible management
slot attendant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 4, 2017
great employees to work with management is not consistent with policies wage and benefits are good. my job consisted of making tips and that was 3/4 of paycheck
Like a box of Chocolate
Sous Chef of the Grandview Buffet (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 29, 2016
All and all Rivers Casino is like a box of chocolate. Just like any and all jobs you will have difficult days. With the right attitude you can easily get through, your work day.
Pros
Break with low cost meals, 401k, Insurance, Competitive pay
Cons
Union Activity
Well ran establishment with much growth opportunity
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 24, 2016
Great company to work for with exceptional benefits and 401k options even for part time bartenders. Company runs on a point system therefore must arrive before or on time otherwise are penalized up to termination. Prior to shift are work meetings to educate employees on up-to date events and other need to know information. Before going to your stationed bar, employees are to enter the cashier cage without any personal belongings and request a bank with a certain amount of cash that must be counted by us before leaving the room. Once done, the bag must be locked and opened by a supervisor upon arrival at the bar. Bar duties are listed in resume. Teamwork is crucial because of the splitting of tips, therefore proper communication is necessary.
Pros
401k, Employee Recognition, Internal promotion
Cons
Unsure of pay because of the splitting of tips.
Amazing fun environment
Promotions and Events Attendant (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 17, 2017
I have been working at rivers for over 5 months now and I love it. The people are great. The benefits are amazing and the just the atmosphere is great to be around.
Fun place to work
Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2017
Great atmosphere. Good work and home life balance. Great benefits. Unfortunately, supervisors are not given the authority they need to manage employees. Pay is also very low for the amount of work required.
Pros
Benefits are great, the people are fun
Cons
Pay is awful
Fun atmosphere room for growth
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 27, 2016
Fun and energetic atmosphere. Amazing benefits & coworkers. Oportunities for growth and room to learn more about the company. The company works as a team for improvements and to succeed.
A day at Rivers can be stressful.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 28, 2016
Rivers Casino is a good company but can be better. Rivers don't realize how stressful their employees can get with dealing with the customers, I guess it comes with the environment. Sometimes I don't think upper management appreciate our hard work and patience. Employees at Rivers provide the top customer service and still manages to get cursed out by the customers and I don't think upper management knows how that feel. Sometimes I want to quit because the customers are really harsh, but I have no other options. I have written incidents reports on a couple of customers and based on the status of their cards they are still allowed there and I don't believe that's fair.
Pros
Some friendly coworkers
Cons
customers
Fun and energetic environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 16, 2016
I found the rivers casino to be a fun and energetic place to work.the management team was very helpfull and assisted me with anything that I had needed
Pros
Happy employment
Cons
Free buffet
Fun workplace
Rush Rewards Attendant (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Fun workplace, has allowed me to travel and gain more experience working with the general public.

The management could be better, as their number one priority is the casino and its guests.
You have to be a people person, not a bad job
Slots Attendent (Current Employee) –  777 Casino Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15212June 16, 2016
Been there since opening, seen lots of changes with the company, some good, and bad; Rivers Casino for my Job tilt was one of the better position in the casino, But as far as advancement, job where limited for opportunities to move up in the company .
Pros
Money pretty good depending on what job you have
Cons
The people you deal with in the public, and coworker can be difficult
Great work environment
Pastry Cook I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 16, 2017
Working at Rivers Casino is a very rewarding experience, you get to meet all kinds of people in a fun environment. Working in the culinary department opens up many new opportunities to work for major events in the city.
Great Paywise, But needs seroius work in management and work environment professionalism
Kitchen Steward/Work study/internship (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 15, 2015
Though it was only a intern / paid work study program, I was allowed to experience the full work force of the company. Pay was overall well, at the time starting at $11.50/hr when minimum wage was $7.25/hr, and quarterly raises based upon experience (B.O.E). and great benefits ( both part-time and Full). Horrible management, (at least in my department Kitchen/B.O.H) sometimes rather very unprofessional, and disrespectful. They have a very high turn-over rate, so don't only take my word for it, look it up.
Pros
Great pay, Great benefits.
Cons
Difficult to advance in company, Can be very unprofessional both in management and work environment
Casino
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Main Cage, High limits, Poker room Employee windowJune 14, 2016
Fast paced environment I learned time management and improved organizational skills. Management was composed of friends and family. My coworkers were friendly for the time that they stayed . High turnover due to attendance policy. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the public.
Pros
Reduced lunch
Cons
Unprofessional management due to friends and family hiring
Good for someone single in there twenties. If your Older, married, have kids and established, move on.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Company started out great, making tons of money and giving decent raises. As of this year, they are still making tons of money, but cut raises to as little as 1 percent in some departments. Co workers are great, well the ones that stay, company has tremendously high turn over. The atmosphere and the job can be very fun, expect for when management is implementing some new policy and procedure. That actually happens quite often. Always open 24/7 makes for little to no work life balance for new hires.
Pros
Dollar lunches. Fun job, sometimes.
Cons
Always open, little to no advancement.
good place to work
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 20, 2016
i love rivers casino it gave me an opportunity to progress and become a better man. i am forever thankful. for the time of being there. my time there wasn't easy but it well worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rivers Casino. Our community is ready to answer.