RIVERSIDE CITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 21, 2016
As an Student Assistant it was a great way to get my foot in the door as far as Financial Aid. Being able to help people on a day to day basis and face to face helps increasing communication skills.
Diverse and challenging
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 3, 2016
This position deals with students at a college. There were all kinds of different people of all nationalities, economic, and educational backgrounds. This job took a lot of patience and understanding. It was a learning experience for me and I think the job made me a better person.
very welcoming
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 16, 2016
it was friendly and fun. it gave me time to relax or work on some homework between classes. i gained many strong friendships there. Even though it was very social, it managed to stay professional.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
little hours
Not a good place to work as classified staff
Classified Support staff (Former Employee) –  RiversideSeptember 15, 2015
Under the current administration the college is becoming a very high stress place to work. Communication is sorely lacking. More and more is expected of staff without any consideration of already strained workload. Constantly changing procedures without notice or communication . And not even a "job well done ."
Pros
Pay and benefits are good
Cons
Administration, lack of communication and increasing workload
productive, friendly
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 4, 2015
I volunteered for years here. This job taught me basic clerical skills that are very relevant to many jobs out in the word today. I enjoyed working along side the instructor because she taught me a lot of data entry work.
Great place for student employees
SI Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 19, 2015
Nice campus.
Friendly staff.
Understanding staff.
Be careful to not allow work to take over life.
Stay focused on grades.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to interaction with students and various staff members.
Hardest part of the job is to remain friendly during tense situations.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly atmosphere, decent pay
Cons
Close quarters, overwhelming, high demands
Great Student Job.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 1, 2015
This is a great place to work and attend classes at the same time. The management is great at working around school schedules.
Pros
Making money and atteneding class near by.
Fun , Calm, and Nice Workplace
HVAC/R Tutor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 26, 2015
I would prepare myself prior my shift. I would make sure I have all proper documents ready. I learned how to teach and developed my own strategy. Everyday was an enjoyably experience. I liked it so much I would work for free sometimes.
Supplemental Instructor
Supplemental Instructor Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of going to all my college courses, as well as the college course I was an SI for. We were to go to class as a regular student, take notes, and help others in class that were struggling. Before the class, A few students would meet up with me and review the course information, ask question, collaborate ideas, and practice different studying techniques. Futhuremore, we would have to attend meetings twice a month which provided training and different ideas for studying methods.
Pros
getting an extra understand of the course, and building both writing and speaking skills
Cons
position is only available during certain school semesters and specific classes.
Great teaching experience
Supplementary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 9, 2014
I got to work with struggling students and try to find different ways to help them learn difficult material from a known difficult class at RCC. I learned leadership skills, different ways to teach different students, and how to build a rapport. It was well managed, and all of the co-workers were helpful, caring, and hardworking. The hardest part of the job was getting students to actually reach out for help. The most enjoyable part was when the students let me know how well I was doing in my job, and how much I actually helped them.
Pros
great pay, great co-workers, instructing what i was passionate about
Cons
had to build school schedule around work schedule
Love it
Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 24, 2014
This school is great when it comes down to internships, I've gone to others but this one was the best. Very engaging and very accommodating.
Pros
children
Cons
short
Fun and productive environment
Assistant/Student Conductor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 17, 2014
This job really taught me how to grow up. It was difficult to be in charge of your peers. However, if you deal with problems diligently and respectfully chances are, people will respect you back.
Fun job helping out students...
CIS Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 14, 2014
Feels good to help out others and see their faces light up when you help them get past some place they are stuck.
Pros
increases my own computer information systems knowledge while helping others. great for resume.
Cons
pay is ridiculously low...
College Tutor
Student Aide (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 13, 2014
Its an okay job they work around your class schedule which is great however they only pay 8 per hour which sucks for a tutor casual work atmosphere your not force to wear suits you only get pay if someone come in to be tutored in the subject you tutor for
Pros
easy going atmosphere
Cons
no guarentee hours
Fun environment with students
Math Lab Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 22, 2014
I enjoyed checking the students in and out of the math lab. I got to know some people who came in regularly. I loved helping them when they needed it. The environment is great. I would stay there longer if I could. I just wish I had more hours to work.
decent place for student worker
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 9, 2013
Hours are flexible ; really cool that you get to meet people from different countries when you work there
Productive and fun work enviornment
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 18, 2013
The people here are great! Unfortunately there was no room to grow because of cuts
Laid back, easy job
Office Assistant I / Library Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 22, 2012
Working at the RCC Library has taught me a lot and has given me great work experience. I have been taught great customer service skills, how to work as a team, how to supervise, and how to work independently. Everyone is helpful, nice and willing to help with any problems in order to help an individual grow and learn. It is a very enjoyable place to work, meeting new people and working with such great coworkers and management.

4.3