RIVERSIDE CITY COLLEGE

RIVERSIDE CITY COLLEGE Employer Reviews

Supplemental Instructor
Supplemental Instructor Leader (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: getting an extra understand of the course, and building both writing and speaking skills
Cons: position is only available during certain school semesters and specific classes.
A typical day at work consisted of going to all my college courses, as well as the college course I was an SI for. We were to go to class as a regular student, take notes, and help others in class that were struggling. Before the class, A few students would meet up with me and review the course information, ask question, collaborate ideas, and practice different studying techniques. Futhuremore, we would have to attend meetings twice a month which provided training and different ideas for studying methods.
Great teaching experience
Supplementary Instructor (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great pay, great co-workers, instructing what i was passionate about
Cons: had to build school schedule around work schedule
I got to work with struggling students and try to find different ways to help them learn difficult material from a known difficult class at RCC. I learned leadership skills, different ways to teach different students, and how to build a rapport. It was well managed, and all of the co-workers were helpful, caring, and hardworking. The hardest part of the job was getting students to actually reach out for help. The most enjoyable part was when the students let me know how well I was doing in my job, and how much I actually helped them.
LOVE IT
Intern (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: children
Cons: short
This school is great when it comes down to internships, I've gone to others but this one was the best. Very engaging and very accommodating.
Fun and productive environment
Assistant/Student Conductor (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 17, 2014
This job really taught me how to grow up. It was difficult to be in charge of your peers. However, if you deal with problems diligently and respectfully chances are, people will respect you back.
Fun job helping out students...
CIS Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: increases my own computer information systems knowledge while helping others. great for resume.
Cons: pay is ridiculously low...
Feels good to help out others and see their faces light up when you help them get past some place they are stuck.
College Tutor
Student Aide (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: easy going atmosphere
Cons: no guarentee hours
Its an okay job they work around your class schedule which is great however they only pay 8 per hour which sucks for a tutor casual work atmosphere your not force to wear suits you only get pay if someone come in to be tutored in the subject you tutor for
Fun environment with students
Math Lab Receptionist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 22, 2014
I enjoyed checking the students in and out of the math lab. I got to know some people who came in regularly. I loved helping them when they needed it. The environment is great. I would stay there longer if I could. I just wish I had more hours to work.
decent place for student worker
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 9, 2013
Hours are flexible ; really cool that you get to meet people from different countries when you work there
Productive and fun work enviornment
Community Liaison (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 18, 2013
The people here are great! Unfortunately there was no room to grow because of cuts
Laid back, easy job
Office Assistant I / Library Clerk I (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJune 22, 2012
Working at the RCC Library has taught me a lot and has given me great work experience. I have been taught great customer service skills, how to work as a team, how to supervise, and how to work independently. Everyone is helpful, nice and willing to help with any problems in order to help an individual grow and learn. It is a very enjoyable place to work, meeting new people and working with such great coworkers and management.