Riverside Community Care

Riverside Community Care Employee Reviews in United States

Best employer
Program Director (Current Employee) –  NewtonJune 15, 2016
I've worked in the field of social work for more than 30 years and have been employed at a number of different organizations similar to Riverside. Riverside is the best managed, treats its employees well, and offers a supportive, professional, ethical and learning oriented work culture. Salaries are commensurate with those at similar organizations.
Pros
Great people, supportive culture, worthy mission, quality is valued
Cons
Compensation, though typical for human service agencies
Amazing place to work!
Management (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 14, 2016
I've been at Riverside for over 10 years, in various different positions. Riverside has been incredibly flexible with my home/work balance, understanding that employees have lives outside of the agency. Riverside provides the highest level of care for the people we provide service to, and although we are a very large organization, it doesn't feel that way. We have a small feel, with high standards, and personal touch, but the support of a large central support team in Finance, Information Technology, and Human Resources etc. I have been lucky to have worked out in the field as well as in the central office, and I can say from personal experience, the support the field gets from management is unsurpassed. Our executive team visits programs regularly to get feedback and take suggestions to make Riverside even better. I cannot say enough good things about the Riverside, I would not continue to work for and agency I did not believe in wholeheartedly. We are a family, and although on the larger side, it truly does not feel that way!
Pros
Management support, career ladder, fun/supportive working environment
Rewarding and fullfilling work
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAJune 13, 2016
Being an employee of Riverside allows me the oportunity to do what I love best, help others! In addition, Riverside staff are the most geniune and supportive people to work with. We work as a team and feel like a second family. This includes direct management and upper management. If you have a question, a suggestion or just want to share your views, employees can reach out to anyone in the company and feel assured they will be greeted with a thoughtful and appreciative response. When you feel great about your work helping others and appreciated by those around you, it's easy to stay motivated!
productive and supportive work environment
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 10, 2016
the easiest part of the job:

is being in the office along with my co-workers, where we can provide support to one another about challenging cases, where we can check on each other emotionally, where we can have luncheons, where we can have a flexible work schedule that suits our own lives outside outwork, there are lots of opportunities to be trainings, and workshops to enhance our resume

the toughest part of the job:

we receive help with the gas since we drive all day long from house to house, however, whatever happens to the car during snowstorm, towing, flat tire, and other damages to the car are all on us.
Parking can be quite hard as well. If you are fee for service, if the family does not show up you don't earn anything..

Every jobs has its dilemas, but I find very worthy to work here.
Great place to learn and grow
Director of Early Childhood Services (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 10, 2016
I have been at Riverside for approximately 8 1/2 years. Because of the variety of jobs and ability to interact with professionals of varied backgrounds, my experience has been one of growth. Each day has brought new challenges in developing the program I am working in, and I have found the staff, both administrative and clinical, to be of the highest quality. As in all human service delivery systems, the work can be hard, but very rewarding. Staff are dedicated to the children and families we work with, and the support they give one another keeps us all going.
The Riverside Managment is keenly aware of the needs and wants in all the programs, and try to maintain contact with all staff in the field, to keep them updated on the latest agency developments, and circumstances that may effect their particular programs.
Riverside is dedicated to continuing education, and offers a variety of free trainings to enhance employees knowledge and abilities, maintain licensure and to keep up with technological developments.
Pros
great place to learn and grow
Cons
would be nice to increase vacation time from the beginning
Felt discriminated from the beginning
Culinary Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 3, 2016
Initially I applied at Riverside for another job yet it was given to someone internal with absolutely no clubhouse experience. Next when I applied for a management position within the club I was the internal candidate yet it was given to someone outside the company when I basically had all the skills necessary to do the job.
Pros
liked work schedule
Cons
director was not a fair director
Challenging Work Enviroment
Certified Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 28, 2016
Riverside is an opportunity for growth in many areas, especially newcomers and seasoned employers in the Human Services field.
Pros
Paid Vacations over 20 hrs a week. 401K package, Benefits Package
Cons
Under 20 hrs no vacation, no benefits
staff great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 27, 2016
job security can be risky, Benefits ok but pay is low. Accessible from all locations. Some management has a lack of respect for others
Pros
diversified
Cons
low pay
Supportive work environment that promotes professional and clinical growth
LMHC (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAMarch 15, 2016
Riverside Community Care provides quality care to the people we serve. This is achieved through strong leadership of managers who have been with the agency for many years, as well as an expectation of excellence within the work culture. Riverside has supported my professional growth over the 9 years I have been with the agency, starting with an entry level position, moving on to a Master's level position, and eventually getting my LMHC and being in a management role. I feel honored to be a part of the recovery process for the people we serve and to work with and learn from the coworkers I have each and every day.
Pros
dedicated and passionate team members, good benefits, family friendly
Cons
salary in the field in general
Riverside Community Care is a great place to work!!!
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 21, 2016
I have been with Riverside community care since 2011 working weekends. The joy that comes from helping the clients i come in contact is un measurable.Despite the company being big it is truly more like a family oriented place amongst colleagues and management in addition to the clients. Management is very supportive and understanding. My colleagues are very experienced and easy to work with throughout Riverside. Wonderful rewarding place to work which is why I'm still here!
Even after 5 years I still love my job
Occupational Therapy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 11, 2016
Riverside Community Care is a large organization with a variety of opportunities. One thing that I really respect is the emphasis on continued training and professional development for staff. Anyone who works in human services and public mental health services knows that salaries are not the best but Riverside administration works hard to provide good benefits and they recently gave all employees a bonus because they determined that they were fiscally able to. I've been here a little over 5 years and continue to learn on my job and find satisfaction that I'm making a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
Pros
free trainings, free smart phone! and great IT support
Cons
depending on the job there may be lots of driving
Warmth of environment
Fee-For-Service outpatient clinician (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAFebruary 10, 2016
After having worked in a hostile environment worthy of the union that was present in it, I have found Riverside a warm and welcoming employer. I am coming up on 8yrs this May having been employed by them and I can honestly say that the overall perks of my job continue to grow year-by-year. I am respected and valued and this comes across from the lowest paid staffer to the highest paid. There is a constant understanding from upper management that caring for the caregivers leads to more loyalty, better care, more efficient use of resources, etc.
Pros
Riverside swag
Cons
I am not a salaried clinician so snow days/vacations hurt the wallet
Vibrant workplace
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAFebruary 8, 2016
Riverside is a respected company and am proud to be an employee. Diverse and a great company to work for. I enjoy being able to make a difference in the familes lives that we serve,
great opportunity
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 4, 2016
the missions statement of Riverside is amazing but like any company that is on the larger side sometimes you sacrifice quality for guantity. Overall they genuinely desire to promote reform within the mental health system and truly advocate for advancements in terms of better pay for emplyees.
Great place, great people
CLS Division (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MADecember 31, 2015
Working at riverside has been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. The people I worked with when I first started were amazing and taught me so much. The management that I have been involved with really listens and takes into account your career and how you want to advance.

They care about their employees and make this evident. I have found that there is a lot of flexibility in scheduling and they really do understand that people have lives outside of the office, even if you work in a community living facility. I have never felt so respected and guided in the work I do here. It is worth applying, it will change the way you view so many things!

While Human Services is such a tough field for pay (no fault of the company) Riverside really stays competitive and always makes sure their employees are taken care of whether it's through reimbursement or the benefits offered.
Pros
Great benefits, rewarding relationships
Cons
Low DMH budgets means low pay for front line workers
ok job
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 3, 2015
the upper management team and the company overall has too many policy changes for one to keep on, and there is a lot of under the table things that occur within the company overall. the individuals served, are the only excitement to working at the company (esp the Waltham location).
Pros
great dental insurance
Cons
supervisors at the Waltham location
Flexible work environment
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 20, 2015
Its been a little over a year I started working here and its been great till now. I love the flexibility of working hours. Its a mental health clinic, so working with social workers and clinicians has really helped me grow as an individual. My coworkers are very helpful. We are like a big happy family.
I like my job and everything I am doing right now but I think its time to move on and try to do something that I am interested in and which will help me grow in my career.
Great!
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Northbridge, MAOctober 12, 2015
Great company! I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Riverside Community Care and would highly recommend this company.
Highly qualified employees
Outpatient Clinician (Current Employee) –  Dedham MASeptember 9, 2015
High clinical caliber of its practitioners, elevated ideals, poor salary.
Helpful to have such an internal and diverse range of programs and resources. Overall friendly staff and committed professionals.
Rcc
Community Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAAugust 13, 2015
Excellent place to work! It is evident that they truly care about their staff and continually fight to advocate for mental health.