Riverside Community Care Employee Reviews

Great job, low pay, so you must be passionate
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, MAMarch 3, 2017
this was my "start job" i took immediately after graduating. i will still living with my parents so the income was enough given i didnt pay rent. I think they paid about $14.00/hour. overtime was possible if you worked the overnight shift (which you could sleep during) -- we often picked that up as a way to earn extra $$
it was a VERY challenging clientele but the job often was rewarding. it did require some distugsting tasks so be prepared for that. best part of job were the people i worked with. our manager was also very down to earth, compassionate, and easy to talk to. worst part of the job was dealing with human feces, vomit, etc.
Pros
able to be outside, play games with clients, can be fun
Cons
low pay
One of the best employers I've had
3rd Party Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 2, 2017
Riverside Community Care is one of the best employers that I personally have worked for. Between their main goals to help the community and individuals personally, they also truly value their employees as a whole.
Terrible place to work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  MassJanuary 4, 2017
The reviews left are fake. I worked for this company for many years. If you always agree with them and kiss their....they love you. If you express your opinion they see you as a nuisance.you basically work with a crew who are half asleep leaving you to do all the work without any recognition.
Pros
Cons
Working with lazy people
Great place to work needed full-time employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MADecember 6, 2016
Managing the Trauma Center office and program files, handling information request and completing telephone intakes, coordinating staff and client schedules,greeting clients and supervising visits, managing our client database.
Pros
Wonderful working envirnment
Cons
Only had a 12 hour position
good company to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  237 Highland AvenueNovember 27, 2016
Good company to work for great non-profit that helps the community with a lot of programs for mental health including group homes and doctor's offices
Unethical
Emergency Services Clinician (Former Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 27, 2016
Poor management, unethical decisions made, lack of respect for others clinical judgment, poor morale, inexperienced management
Pros
Dedicated co workers
Cons
Management, pay, working conditions, expectations, lack of respect
love coming to work everyday!
Program Director (Current Employee) –  NeedhamJuly 30, 2016
I have worked at Riverside for over 20 years, and thoroughly enjoy my job. I have been afforded every opportunity for professional growth and job advancement within a program and agency I am wholly committed to. Riverside cultivates new employees and allows them to grow and develop as clinicians. My position allows me to be instrumental in recruiting valuable clinicians who contribute to this thriving work environment, which is what makes coming to work each day so fulfilling!

I have seen the growth of Riverside over the years and been privileged to be a part of this. Although we are often faced with adversity and challenges due to funding issues and state and federal mandates, I have been impressed with the agency's ability to adapt as needed and continue to offer the highest quality of services to gtthe members of our local communities. This is a quality that I admire above all others, and makes Riverside shine over other similar agencies.
Pros
fantastic work environment, overall quality of care/reputation of agency, responsivness of management to employee concerns and professional growth
Cons
lack of consistent slaray increases, cost of living adjustments as salaries are based on current levels of funding
Community Work environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAJuly 25, 2016
I have worked for Riverside for almost 10 years in several different positions. They have supported me in advancing my career by being flexible while I obtained one degree and am currently working on another. Working at Riverside is a constant learning experience. There is not a day that goes by that I don't learn something from my co-workers or the individuals I am working with. There is a sense that the agency really cares about employees as well as the people we serve. There is a strong emphasis on supervision and providing staff with the tools they need to be successful.
Pros
Discounted movie and other entertainment tickets
Supportive, family friendly and creative workplace
Program Manager - Early Childhood Programs (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 23, 2016
I have worked at the Guidance Center/Riverside for almost 12 years. Great supervision, amazing colleagues, the chance to make a difference in early childhood and lots of opportunities to grow professionally are just some of the reasons I have stayed so long. As a working mother I have been able to have an exciting career alongside my growing family. I highly recommend to anyone wanting to be in human services to explore career opportunites at Riverside.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great managers
Cons
Salaries? But we are competative for other similar sized human service agencies
Best employer
Program Director (Current Employee) –  NewtonJune 15, 2016
I've worked in the field of social work for more than 30 years and have been employed at a number of different organizations similar to Riverside. Riverside is the best managed, treats its employees well, and offers a supportive, professional, ethical and learning oriented work culture. Salaries are commensurate with those at similar organizations.
Pros
Great people, supportive culture, worthy mission, quality is valued
Cons
Compensation, though typical for human service agencies

Want to know more about Riverside Community Care?

Ask a question
Amazing place to work!
Management (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 14, 2016
I've been at Riverside for over 10 years, in various different positions. Riverside has been incredibly flexible with my home/work balance, understanding that employees have lives outside of the agency. Riverside provides the highest level of care for the people we provide service to, and although we are a very large organization, it doesn't feel that way. We have a small feel, with high standards, and personal touch, but the support of a large central support team in Finance, Information Technology, and Human Resources etc. I have been lucky to have worked out in the field as well as in the central office, and I can say from personal experience, the support the field gets from management is unsurpassed. Our executive team visits programs regularly to get feedback and take suggestions to make Riverside even better. I cannot say enough good things about the Riverside, I would not continue to work for and agency I did not believe in wholeheartedly. We are a family, and although on the larger side, it truly does not feel that way!
Pros
Management support, career ladder, fun/supportive working environment
Rewarding and fullfilling work
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAJune 13, 2016
Being an employee of Riverside allows me the oportunity to do what I love best, help others! In addition, Riverside staff are the most geniune and supportive people to work with. We work as a team and feel like a second family. This includes direct management and upper management. If you have a question, a suggestion or just want to share your views, employees can reach out to anyone in the company and feel assured they will be greeted with a thoughtful and appreciative response. When you feel great about your work helping others and appreciated by those around you, it's easy to stay motivated!
productive and supportive work environment
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 10, 2016
the easiest part of the job:

is being in the office along with my co-workers, where we can provide support to one another about challenging cases, where we can check on each other emotionally, where we can have luncheons, where we can have a flexible work schedule that suits our own lives outside outwork, there are lots of opportunities to be trainings, and workshops to enhance our resume

the toughest part of the job:

we receive help with the gas since we drive all day long from house to house, however, whatever happens to the car during snowstorm, towing, flat tire, and other damages to the car are all on us.
Parking can be quite hard as well. If you are fee for service, if the family does not show up you don't earn anything..

Every jobs has its dilemas, but I find very worthy to work here.
Great place to learn and grow
Director of Early Childhood Services (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 10, 2016
I have been at Riverside for approximately 8 1/2 years. Because of the variety of jobs and ability to interact with professionals of varied backgrounds, my experience has been one of growth. Each day has brought new challenges in developing the program I am working in, and I have found the staff, both administrative and clinical, to be of the highest quality. As in all human service delivery systems, the work can be hard, but very rewarding. Staff are dedicated to the children and families we work with, and the support they give one another keeps us all going.
The Riverside Managment is keenly aware of the needs and wants in all the programs, and try to maintain contact with all staff in the field, to keep them updated on the latest agency developments, and circumstances that may effect their particular programs.
Riverside is dedicated to continuing education, and offers a variety of free trainings to enhance employees knowledge and abilities, maintain licensure and to keep up with technological developments.
Pros
great place to learn and grow
Cons
would be nice to increase vacation time from the beginning
Felt discriminated from the beginning
Culinary Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMay 3, 2016
Initially I applied at Riverside for another job yet it was given to someone internal with absolutely no clubhouse experience. Next when I applied for a management position within the club I was the internal candidate yet it was given to someone outside the company when I basically had all the skills necessary to do the job.
Pros
liked work schedule
Cons
director was not a fair director
Challenging Work Enviroment
Certified Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 28, 2016
Riverside is an opportunity for growth in many areas, especially newcomers and seasoned employers in the Human Services field.
Pros
Paid Vacations over 20 hrs a week. 401K package, Benefits Package
Cons
Under 20 hrs no vacation, no benefits
staff great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 27, 2016
job security can be risky, Benefits ok but pay is low. Accessible from all locations. Some management has a lack of respect for others
Pros
diversified
Cons
low pay
Supportive work environment that promotes professional and clinical growth
LMHC (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAMarch 15, 2016
Riverside Community Care provides quality care to the people we serve. This is achieved through strong leadership of managers who have been with the agency for many years, as well as an expectation of excellence within the work culture. Riverside has supported my professional growth over the 9 years I have been with the agency, starting with an entry level position, moving on to a Master's level position, and eventually getting my LMHC and being in a management role. I feel honored to be a part of the recovery process for the people we serve and to work with and learn from the coworkers I have each and every day.
Pros
dedicated and passionate team members, good benefits, family friendly
Cons
salary in the field in general
Riverside Community Care is a great place to work!!!
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 21, 2016
I have been with Riverside community care since 2011 working weekends. The joy that comes from helping the clients i come in contact is un measurable.Despite the company being big it is truly more like a family oriented place amongst colleagues and management in addition to the clients. Management is very supportive and understanding. My colleagues are very experienced and easy to work with throughout Riverside. Wonderful rewarding place to work which is why I'm still here!
Even after 5 years I still love my job
Occupational Therapy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 11, 2016
Riverside Community Care is a large organization with a variety of opportunities. One thing that I really respect is the emphasis on continued training and professional development for staff. Anyone who works in human services and public mental health services knows that salaries are not the best but Riverside administration works hard to provide good benefits and they recently gave all employees a bonus because they determined that they were fiscally able to. I've been here a little over 5 years and continue to learn on my job and find satisfaction that I'm making a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
Pros
free trainings, free smart phone! and great IT support
Cons
depending on the job there may be lots of driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Riverside Community Care Reviews by Location