Riverside Community Care

Riverside Community Care Employee Reviews

Supportive Community of Therapists
Practicum Internship (Former Employee), Upton, MAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Support, Co-workers
Cons: Office availability, lunch room
This was where I had my first experience as a therapist seeing clients on a regular basis as a practicum intern. All of the clinicians at Riverside are very welcoming and supportive and my supervising clinician was always available to help. A very friendly and warm environment to work in with a relaxed atmosphere and a healthy amount of professionalism. I can't say how impressed I am with all the people who work there, many of which who have vast knowledge and experience of working in the mental health field. I would absolutely work here again if I get the chance.
Good learning experience for those just beginning their career in the mental health field
Community Support Counselor (Former Employee), Wakefield, MAMay 19, 2015
Riverside was a positive experience as it allows for individuals to learn about chronic mental illness and the way in which those who suffer from it function within the community. Working in a residential program is a good place to start in terms of trying to gain experience in the field of mental health. Unfortunately, Riverside did not allow for advancement within the company.
Productive, educational and challenging company to work with.
Supervisor/Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Dedham, MAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Various unscheduled duties that needed to be completed and available overtime.
Cons: Not knowing when you would be relieved from an emergency episode hospital visit after 2nd shift.
A typical day varied depending on the department you were assigned. I gained a wide range of knowledge in the mental, behavioral and physical arena that assisted me further in my medical assistanting background.

Also, while working along with the management team; follow-up, executing directives and protocols set in place for the betterment of the client(s) /consumer(s) and their families was paramount. Client(s) /consumer(s) reports were updated and tracked for improving their quality of life.

Co-workers were great to work along side pulling together with ideas, problem solving and working hands-on to accomplish the goals that were set and recommended by the medical/management team.

The most difficult part of the job was when clients would go through more emotional and/or physical challenges along with present issues they were trying to manage with the staff and the clinical / management team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing client(s) /consumer(s) accomplish their set goals and in some cases move forward to their next achievement(s).
Fun place to work
Assistant Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Waltham MAJanuary 28, 2015
Overall Riverside is a fun and interesting place to work, the clients are amazing and the my co-workers are fun and interesting people to work with.
Communication and Collaboration
Intensive Care Coordinator (ICC) Intern (Former Employee), Needham, MAJanuary 9, 2015
In the role of the ICC, I strengthened my skills in collaboration with collaterals, coordinating care plan meetings, connecting with different systems/agencies, and utilizing the CANS MassHealth evaluation tool.
Productive and team working work place.
Community Support Counselor (Current Employee), Wakefield, MANovember 13, 2014
Riverside Community Care is an excellence organization whose passion is to promote recovery and enhance lives of individuals living with mental health disorders.
Fun place to work
Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee), Needham, MAOctober 31, 2014
Working as a therapeutic mentor has been an amazing experience so far. I get to help and support children to see a positive outlook in daily life skills. I have learned many things while working here. The management is great and very laid back! Working with the co-workers is awesome because everyone is very friendly and it's like we're a big family. The hardest part of the job is wanting to help children who know they deserve the best but they do not see that. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing children succeed at the end.
Great organization
Outpatient Clinician (Former Employee), Upton, MAOctober 21, 2014
good place to work.
nice co-workers
team organizations
few traini9ngs
non profit human services agency
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee), Dedham MAAugust 28, 2014
Good place to start at to get experience working with individuals with serious mental health issues. Very stressful work environment with low pay and little opportunity for advancement.
Leadership skills and enriching environment
Intensive Care Coordinator (ICC) Intern (Former Employee), Needham, MAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: educational seminars and free trainings
Cons: mileage
The Intensive Care Coordinator (ICC) is the top of the HUB positions under CBHI and enriched in the ten Wraparound principles. The ICC key strengths are: utilizing the CANS evaluation tool, conducting assessments, developing individualized treatment plans and safety plan, coordination and facilitation of Care Plan Meeting's (CPMs), and ongoing collaboration with providers. The ICC is pared with a Family Partner (FP), an individual who has a loved one in the mental health system and has experienced the process of navigating through such systems. RCC offers opportunities to attend educational seminar in a variety of topics, as well as free job trainings.
Great experience, poor salary
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee), Needham, MAAugust 21, 2014
I wouldn't take back having worked for Riverside, I just should have left a lot sooner for the sake of my wallet. Excellent experience, great co-workers.
Riverside offers many benefits, including motivational health challenges, trainings and easy access to supervisors.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Wakefield, MAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: working advantage program, sharing and caring for persons served, teem meetings so that the team was all on the same page
Cons: travelling time interfering with actual job activities
A typical day at work included meeting with persons served, writing progress notes for DMH, Team meeting, facilitating a group, supervision meeting.
I received training in CPR/First Aid, Time Management, Motivational Interviewing, Hearing Voices Training, How to be a good Peer Support Person
Management was very active in seeing that I was comfortable with my position and being sure that I was able to perform my work tasks with constructive criticism
My co-workers were friendly, helpful and we worked as a team.
The hardest part of my job was traveling through the Lynn, Medford area.
My most enjoyable part of my job was meeting persons served and sharing hope and inspiration with them.
Loveed it!
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Milford, MAJune 25, 2014
I only worked here for a few months but I learned so much about the field of mental health. The only reason I left was because I was relocating.
Great company to work for
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Needham, MAApril 3, 2014
• Engage members who are diagnosed with a mental illness on a day-to-day basis to help encourage independence and confidence to become contributing members of society and improve their ability to manage their recovery.
• Work side-by-side with members to help improve their working and living conditions through internet job searches, interview practicing and filling out applications.
• Daily tasks include payroll, accounting,scheduling and data base entry.
• Responsible for coordinating daily lunch, weekly food accounting and maintain multiple Clubhouse bank accounts.
• Schedule and conduct tours and interview new perspective members.
Communicate with various healthcare providers to obtain medical records on behalf of members
Great Place to work
Research Assistant Internship (Former Employee), Upton, MAMarch 19, 2014
I very much enjoyed my time at riverside. I learned so much and I got a really great start in a research career here.
I have had good fortune to have wondeful experience working in non profit settings
Support Staff (Current Employee), Somerville, MAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, generous time off
Cons: poor salary
warm, friendly atmosphere with colleagues, Team approach, all helping one another. shared values regarding helping, including people of diverse backgrounds.
Friendly workplace with challenging, but rewarding work. Great people.
Therapeutic Mentor/ Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Needham, MADecember 7, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, hands on work, co-workers
Cons: billing deadlines, salaries, and driving
A typical day consists of a balance of paperwork and face to face meetings with clients or other service providers. I have learned several therapeutic methods and interviewing styles as well as insurance coverage policies. The management is very supportive and available for assistance when needed. Co-workers are great. Everyone is supportive and friendly. The hardest part of the job can vary day to day between billing quotas or difficult clients in crisis. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help others.
The Overall view of the company
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Needham, MAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: give small seasonal gifts
They were also for the mentally sick people.It is a big company
but very picky on each and every mistake done by any worker.
They were not good at listening to workers
I worked for them for over 8 years.
always something different
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Needham, MAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great co workers and boss, great work enviorment
Cons: poor salary and benefits
Something that I really enjoy working at my job is that each day is different. I could be helping a client on the computer or I could be doing computer work myself such as data entry, going and visiting different job sites, calling perspective clients and encouraging them to come into my work, or following up with providers to make sure the paper work is sent in on time.

I have learned a lot at my job and I am better able to multi tasking. Some days I could be working on a couple things at once while helping out one of the clients (which is my favorite thing to do)

The hardest part of my job is sometimes not getting the support or help that I need from my boss. What helps when that happens is turning to my co workers and asking them for their support.

Riverside Community Care is a great organization to work for and I am grateful to have been with them for the past six years.
Good experience
Community Support Counselor (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 10, 2013
Riverside was my first job in the field. They train people well and offer a variety of training classes.

About Riverside Community Care

Each year Riverside Community Care provides more than 40,000 adults, children and adolescents with a broad range of healthcare – Read more

Riverside Community Care Salaries