Riverside Community Care

Riverside Community Care Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee), Needham, MAOctober 31, 2014
Working as a therapeutic mentor has been an amazing experience so far. I get to help and support children to see a positive outlook in daily life skills. I have learned many things while working here. The management is great and very laid back! Working with the co-workers is awesome because everyone is very friendly and it's like we're a big family. – more... The hardest part of the job is wanting to help children who know they deserve the best but they do not see that. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing children succeed at the end. – less
Great organization
Outpatient Clinician (Former Employee), Upton, MAOctober 21, 2014
good place to work.
nice co-workers
team organizations
few traini9ngs
non profit human services agency
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee), Dedham MAAugust 28, 2014
Good place to start at to get experience working with individuals with serious mental health issues. Very stressful work environment with low pay and little opportunity for advancement.
Leadership skills and enriching environment
Intensive Care Coordinator (ICC) Intern (Former Employee), Needham, MAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: educational seminars and free trainings
Cons: mileage
The Intensive Care Coordinator (ICC) is the top of the HUB positions under CBHI and enriched in the ten Wraparound principles. The ICC key strengths are: utilizing the CANS evaluation tool, conducting assessments, developing individualized treatment plans and safety plan, coordination and facilitation of Care Plan Meeting's (CPMs), and ongoing collaboration – more... with providers. The ICC is pared with a Family Partner (FP), an individual who has a loved one in the mental health system and has experienced the process of navigating through such systems. RCC offers opportunities to attend educational seminar in a variety of topics, as well as free job trainings. – less
Great experience, poor salary
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee), Needham, MAAugust 21, 2014
I wouldn't take back having worked for Riverside, I just should have left a lot sooner for the sake of my wallet. Excellent experience, great co-workers.
Riverside offers many benefits, including motivational health challenges, trainings and easy access to supervisors.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Wakefield, MAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: working advantage program, sharing and caring for persons served, teem meetings so that the team was all on the same page
Cons: travelling time interfering with actual job activities
A typical day at work included meeting with persons served, writing progress notes for DMH, Team meeting, facilitating a group, supervision meeting.
I received training in CPR/First Aid, Time Management, Motivational Interviewing, Hearing Voices Training, How to be a good Peer Support Person
Management was very active in seeing that I was comfortable – more... with my position and being sure that I was able to perform my work tasks with constructive criticism
My co-workers were friendly, helpful and we worked as a team.
The hardest part of my job was traveling through the Lynn, Medford area.
My most enjoyable part of my job was meeting persons served and sharing hope and inspiration with them. – less
Loveed it!
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Milford, MAJune 25, 2014
I only worked here for a few months but I learned so much about the field of mental health. The only reason I left was because I was relocating.
Great company to work for
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Needham, MAApril 3, 2014
• Engage members who are diagnosed with a mental illness on a day-to-day basis to help encourage independence and confidence to become contributing members of society and improve their ability to manage their recovery.
• Work side-by-side with members to help improve their working and living conditions through internet job searches, interview practicing – more... and filling out applications.
• Daily tasks include payroll, accounting,scheduling and data base entry.
• Responsible for coordinating daily lunch, weekly food accounting and maintain multiple Clubhouse bank accounts.
• Schedule and conduct tours and interview new perspective members.
Communicate with various healthcare providers to obtain medical records on behalf of members – less
Great Place to work
Research Assistant Internship (Former Employee), Upton, MAMarch 19, 2014
I very much enjoyed my time at riverside. I learned so much and I got a really great start in a research career here.
I have had good fortune to have wondeful experience working in non profit settings
Support Staff (Current Employee), Somerville, MAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, generous time off
Cons: poor salary
warm, friendly atmosphere with colleagues, Team approach, all helping one another. shared values regarding helping, including people of diverse backgrounds.
Friendly workplace with challenging, but rewarding work. Great people.
Therapeutic Mentor/ Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Needham, MADecember 7, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, hands on work, co-workers
Cons: billing deadlines, salaries, and driving
A typical day consists of a balance of paperwork and face to face meetings with clients or other service providers. I have learned several therapeutic methods and interviewing styles as well as insurance coverage policies. The management is very supportive and available for assistance when needed. Co-workers are great. Everyone is supportive and friendly. – more... The hardest part of the job can vary day to day between billing quotas or difficult clients in crisis. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help others. – less
The Overall view of the company
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Needham, MAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: give small seasonal gifts
They were also for the mentally sick people.It is a big company
but very picky on each and every mistake done by any worker.
They were not good at listening to workers
I worked for them for over 8 years.
always something different
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Needham, MAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great co workers and boss, great work enviorment
Cons: poor salary and benefits
Something that I really enjoy working at my job is that each day is different. I could be helping a client on the computer or I could be doing computer work myself such as data entry, going and visiting different job sites, calling perspective clients and encouraging them to come into my work, or following up with providers to make sure the paper work – more... is sent in on time.

I have learned a lot at my job and I am better able to multi tasking. Some days I could be working on a couple things at once while helping out one of the clients (which is my favorite thing to do)

The hardest part of my job is sometimes not getting the support or help that I need from my boss. What helps when that happens is turning to my co workers and asking them for their support.

Riverside Community Care is a great organization to work for and I am grateful to have been with them for the past six years. – less
Good experience
Community Support Counselor (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 10, 2013
Riverside was my first job in the field. They train people well and offer a variety of training classes.
Great management, and staff is committed to humane, respectful treatment of consumers.
Clinician (Former Employee), Norwood, MASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: being involved in work that matters, making a difference, freedom to implement new techniques.
Cons: pay is low, but that is true of human services generally.
My supervisor and coworkers were wonderful. There were many opportunities for interdepartmental collaboration. They were receptive to innovative techniques, and conducted their work with sincere commitment. The hardest part of the job was balancing work/life stress. The clients have difficult and challenging lives, and present some intractable problems. – more... The support and guidance of co-workers was key to success and also the best part of working there. I would work for Riverside again if the appropriate position was available. – less
Expanding company, good benefits
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Dedham, MASeptember 9, 2013
Good company with many great people, flexible scheduling for students. The bestof the job is buliding relationships with your clients and working in a team environment
Revolving door
Clinician (Current Employee), DedhamMay 23, 2013
Pros: excellent services
Cons: pay, longevity of staff, disconnect from management
Riverside services are excellent. Pay is low and there are rarely, if ever, raises. Company culture doesn't encourage career growth. Revolving door makes it hard to feel connected.
Passionate & Knowledgeable people with little opportunity for advancement or increased compensation
In-Home Family Therapy Clinician (Current Employee), Needham, MAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule; weekly supervision; access to a variety of resources and training oppertunities
Cons: travel, little opportunity for career or financial advancement, constantly changing productivity requirements
Typical Work day:
The morning are usual spent completing documentation, attending internal meetings, consulting with other providers, or visiting with parents in the community. The afternoon's general consist of two-three home visits between the hours of 2 p.m.- 7 p.m. During such time(s) family therapy sessions are usually conducted with varying family – more... constellations.

Gains:
I have gained a vast knowledge of individual, couple, and family interventions to address varying levels of psychiatric crises as well as the social and emotional needs of a diverse population. I have also gathered an immense collection of community resources that allow me to effectively direct clients to the appropriate supports needed to address their needs.

Management:
The management is very understanding and supportive, however it was difficult to feel that they were fiercely advocating for the needs of their employees to those above them. The program is in constant state of fluctuation and there appears to be very little consistency in clear communication from the management hierarchic. This has left the staff to frequently feel undervalued, as their clinical expertise seems secondary to the management in lieu of one's ability to accumulate billable units.

Co-Workers:
My co-workers are extremely passionate, hardworking, and caring individuals who bring comprehensive and diverse clinical skills to the team. They are very supportive and fun to work along side.

The Hardest Part of the Job:
Having your work performance based primarily on how much you are able to meet with a frequently at risk and inconsistent population rather than rather than a comprehensive evaluation that includes quality of your work and what you are able to accomplish with the such a population.

Most enjoyable:

Watching children & families grow while helping them develop the skills needed to address presenting problems and advocate for themselves independently. – less
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee), MAMarch 7, 2013
Very Enjoyable,
good coworkers,
everyone is very professional and dedicated to their job
One of the best organizations I've worked for
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee), Dedham MaJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: appreciation days
Since I’ve been at Riverside my experience has been extremely positive. I’m so impressed with my direct manager, the CEO of the organization, and senior management. They are committed to Riverside and to Riverside’s employees. The CEO regularly greets employees with friendly banter and knows each employee's name. From a business perspective, he is open – more... to change that will help his organization grow and be successful so that Riverside continues to support individuals in the community that struggle with mental illness or family issues. My direct manager is focused on superior customer service, to Riverside’s clients and to Riverside’s program staff, as well as his own staff. He is a highly effective manager that cares about Riverside and his direct reports.

I’ve enjoyed working for Riverside because it’s provided me with opportunities to exercise my skills and knowledge within my field of expertise. I’m pleasantly surprised by its social-centric way; this can be both positive and negative, but, there are highs and lows to any type of relating to individuals no matter what organization one works for. Inspite of this, I firmly believe Riverside excels in many areas and strives to be the best for its employees and clients. It's a gem of an organization! – less

About Riverside Community Care

Each year Riverside Community Care provides more than 40,000 adults, children and adolescents with a broad range of healthcare – Read more