Riverside Community Hospital

Riverside Community Hospital Employer Reviews

Great Benifits
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: lunch discount
Cons: parking
Excellent Hospital with patients and employees. Great place to expand your job career.
Enjoyable coworkers
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 11, 2015
At the start of my work day I would print out a census so that I would know the names of the patients on the floor. After that I would check the charts to make sure that there are no outstanding orders, and if there are put them into the hospitals system. I was not a fan of the hospital management I did not think they treated there employes fairly. I worked with some of the best doctors and nurses that a person could come in contact with. The hardest part of my job was watching a patient not get better. The best part about my job, was that I felt like I was contributing to patient care.
great place to work
Trauma Registrar (Current Employee), riverside, caDecember 11, 2014
nice place to work, great people friendly staff and nursing. Managment is very informative to help the staff know what is going on at all times
Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Riverside, CADecember 10, 2014
• Admit mothers and babies to the Mother/Baby Unit via Medi-Tech as well as enter physician orders
• Answer multi-line phones, fax, keep charts stocked and up to date, answer call lights for the patients
• Assist physicians as well as nurses in preparing discharge paperwork in a timely manner
• Make sure that the paperwork in the charts are filed in the correct area
Great facility but systemic upper management problems
Lab Assistant III Lead (Former Employee), Riverside, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor upper management
Learned and grew professionally during career. Excellent Heart Care Institute, Bariatric,Trauma, Transplant Center
Internship Hours
Emergency Medical Technician Intern (Former Employee), Riverside, CANovember 3, 2014
Great place to get trained for EMT. Paramedics on staff are definitely helpful
Pays very well. Very professional environment
Graveyard Cashier and Caterer (Current Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: 2 free lunches, pays alot
Cons: hard to get promoted.
Pays super well.
some coworkers are lazy though
management has poor judgement on issues sometimes.
love my job.
flexible hours
they make sure you're receiving your breaks and days off
professional environment.
hard to get promoted anywhere though
they have a lot of employee appreciation parties
hardest part of the job and getting everything done before the end of the shift
my most enjoyable part at graveyard is Im more independent
Good starting job
Inpatient (Night) Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: immature coworkers
I started out of tech school and in 5 yrs I learned how to climb the ladder from a per diem/on call position to a Full TIme one with benefits.
Good teaching RX and internship fun
Nice place to work
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 27, 2014
I learned many of the jobs in the line of a pharmacy technician
good hospital to work at
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 14, 2014
hospital staff is awesome to work with and HIM supervisor is a sweetheart loved her best supervisor I ever had
Positive place to work and supports employee training
Employee health, Liaison, Case management (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 31, 2014
Riverside Community Hospital has been a good place to work for myself. I have been fortunate to learn many different roles with the support of my supervisor
Working @ RCH
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 13, 2014
Riverside gives one many learning opportunities. Many co-workers are willing to teach/educate as well as physicians. Its a great hospital to encounter & get experience caring for trauma code, code ice, code stroke, CABG & many other critical patients.
Excellent place to learn while your a student.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 12, 2014
I was not an employee at Riverside Community Hospital, I was doing my externship program for school there. The staff at the hospital were very helpful and answered all my questions; which was very nice because being new in the field I had a lot!
High quality trauma hospital
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 2, 2014
During my time at Riverside Community Hospital I was afforded the opportunity to scrub many cases in different specialties such as; general, vascular, orthopedics, ENT, and GYN. I was responsible to checking my case carts and setting up the room using sterile techniques. I assisted the surgeons during the procedures by passing instruments, retracting, and maintaining sterility and identifying any contamination.
A nice place to work
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: management, and the staff
Cons: pay, smog, and earthquakes
Other than the smog, and earthquakes it was nice place to work and challenging as well.
Fun and exciting
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 29, 2014
Everyday is filled with something different to do. My experience here was wonderful.
Fast paced.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 17, 2014
My day is very busy. With a combination of organization and time management the day runs smoothly. I am getting the experience I need to be a well rounding job. My co-workers are all team players which makes the job a bit easier.
Productive, enjoyed working with patients, satisfying
L MT; Physical Therapist Aide (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 20, 2014
Pros: helping people with disabilities
Patient physical Rehab
Document charting
Learning on the job
Assisted Dr of Physical Therapy
Managed incoming patients and therapy programs
Knowing their would be great outcomes for the care of patients
busy pharmacy but no leadership
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: good team work, always busy
Cons: bad leadership, took 5 years to become full-time
Trauma hospital so it is always busy, but the pharmacy lacks leadership from the director. Never a dull moment just problems were never solved if.you have a complaint you had to come up with a solution. (Weird i thought thats why the director got paid the big $$$$) but a great bunch of people that work hard and go unrecognized. Lead Tech deserves more $$$ for all she deals with, she practically is doing the directors job. Once director is changed i believe that pharmacy will be great once again! Nurses are bad mannered and demand respect without giving it.
Very busy PACU. 90% Adults, 10% Peds
Staff Nurse, Part Time (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: we have our own transporters to take the patients up to the rooms.
Cons: frequent bed delays for the patients, environment can be loud.
Average day is about 25-35 cases. We recover all types of patients, C-sections to Cath Lab (if general anesthesia is used). All open heart patients go directed to surgical ICU. All computerized charting and just changed to computer order entry. My manager is very good. She gets our schedules out early and is very flexible if you need to charge things. All my coworkers get along great and work well as a team! The hardest part of the job is when we have to hold the patients in pacu on bed delays while waiting for rooms to become available. We try to make it as comfortable for them as possible, but it is a busy, loud unit at times.

1 2 3

About Riverside Community Hospital

Since 1901, people have depended on Riverside Community Hospital for innovative and advanced medical care. Today with our 373-bed – Read more