Riverside Community Hospital

Riverside Community Hospital Employee Reviews

good pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 11, 2017
excellent pay and benefits.
very fast passed, busy hospital. ER see's an average of
200 pt's per day.. over 300 during flu season.
Coffee shop on site.
Productive and Excellent working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 27, 2016
Friendly environment, everyone I know at RCH is friendly and they treat each other like family. Self scheduling is also the strength in RCH. Most of managers and directors are approachable and friendly.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Nursing shortage
Always seeking to improve
Registered Nurse Abstractor, CV (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 24, 2016
Care for patients and staff is paramount. Improving the quality of care for surgical and cardiovascular patients is critical - even as the hospital expands.
Pros
proximity
Educating environment
Clinical Care Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 30, 2016
Every floor that I rotated on gave me so much exposure to what i wanted to learn and the staff never failed to teach at every opportunity.
Productive learning environment in a hospital setting
Emergency Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 15, 2016
At Riverside Community Hospital, I assisted the emergency department response team with multiple tasks. Duties included cleaning patient care rooms, assisting the nursing staff with patients, and guiding family members to their loved ones in the emergency room. I worked with a team of one to four others on a daily basis as we all worked together to assist those in need. An obstacle I faced was when there were patients with mental and neurological problems. They were usually unresponsive from unknown reasons, or had done drugs and were agitated and violent. They were usually watched after by security guards, but there would be an occasional patient that would have an outburst. However, there were also positive outcomes from volunteering at the hospital. I learned a lot about myself as well as the hospital environment, and what it takes to be a nurse, doctor, or an emergency department team member. There are all types of positions in a hospital that create the entire environment, and it was wonderful to see the system work as a whole.
Pros
Giving back to the community and helping others in need, making a patient who is hurt smile, assisting those who need basic care
Cons
Not enough doctors to assist all the patients in the emergency room, slow response time, immediate care is selective
caring place to work
Room Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2016
The management team does a really good job at attending to needs of their employees and they make them feel valued. They have worked with me really well in regards to my schedule and coordinating it with my schooling. It helped me a lot because I needed to work but I also needed to attend school.
great staff
OR, PACU Orderly (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 25, 2016
enjoyed the staff that works there, very good nurses and doctors. long days, and long hours, should look very nice with the new tower that will be adding.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
small rooms and not enough space
Productive workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 23, 2016
My co workers make it a fun place to work. It is sad that some co workers that have been here awhile are the bosses favorites and always will be. Overall I enjoy working with everyone though although management has favorites.
Pros
free ice cream days and hospital week give aways
Cons
can be stressful at times when there is so many call outs.
Face paced environment, friendly staff
Recruitment Coordinator, Health Scholar (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at RCH. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and multitask. Coworkers were all friendly and had a great sense of teamwork.
Overall, a good environment for any novice in the sterile processing profession
CENTRAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 29, 2016
Fast-paced and good working environment, however, at that time the pay scale was woefully inadequate with the cost of living .
Pros
hands-on learning
Cons
no cons except compensation perks
Decent place to work
LVN PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 26, 2016
Steady consistent work, learned a lot about regulatory agencies, expectations, and continuous survey readiness. Management and co workers are loyal to facility The hardest part of the job is no room for advancement and the most enjoyable part is the flexibility, work life balance.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
No advancement
Productive work expeience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 6, 2016
It is a great location and all the people are so kind. I always felt productive during my volunteer hours and had the opportunity to meet new and amazing people.
Pros
new things, friendly, productive
Cons
short breaks
Best job ever!
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I LOVE my job. The people are fantastic, the doctors are always available and nice. It does not feel like work when I am there. I can't say enough about this wonderful place. I came from Kaiser, worst job ever to now the best job ever. I'm a lucky girl. Probably the happiest ultrasound tech on earth!!!
Cons
I felt that what I was doing mattered to many patients.
HOUSEKEEPING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 26, 2016
I enjoyed the opportunity to work in a hospital. The management team treated everyone the same and with respect. I enjoyed playing a critical part in the hospitals cleanliness. I met some of the most loving patients and nurses while working there.
Pros
Cool environment to work in.
Cons
Patients to ill to recover.
MY day as a Scrub Tech
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 11, 2015
Come in and do my first scrub and get perpared for the first surgery of the day. Everyday I learn something new, if its a new instrument or something different in the procedure. The people I work with love teaching and doing the job that they were trained to do. The hardest part of my day is not feeling as if I did the best job that I could have done, but knowing I did everything that was necessary to complete my job at the time. Then most enjoyable part is seeing the patient waking up at the end of heir surgery.
What I have learned while working at Riverside Community Hospital
Public Safety Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 26, 2015
It was a fun work place with supportive management. One of the things that I've learned while working at Riverside Community Hospital, is to be able to speak to different people, and to respond to different situations that take place in the Hospital, such as Helicopter landings, violent/aggressive patients and visitors, visitor complaints.
Pros
Company Growth, and flexible hours.
Cons
Not enough pay
very great staff
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 30, 2015
worked in sterile processing, and in L&D departments. Friendly co-workers. Very fast paced and we were all team players.
Fun and a good place to work and meet different people
Public Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside CaSeptember 6, 2015
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
3 sick days every year
Cons
dealing with different ethnicities
evs worker
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 18, 2015
it a nice to work, it just hard to get full time and some people treats you mean I have been in housekeeping for a year and management sucks to many changes
Pros
good food good perks and peopel are nice
Cons
no coverage for per diem employees hard to get fulltime and parking is horrible
Great Place for personal advancement
Department Coordinator (COPE Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 26, 2015
Was able to generate a large amount of clinical experience that gave a good amount of hands on experience with patients. Became comfortable with admitting care as well as finding my area of most influence with patients. Offered leadership which allowed personal comfort with leading individuals, teaching individuals, making final decisions, and advancing the department of volunteers I coordinated. The support of leadership team was enlightening and many life long peers were met.
Pros
Free meal, flexible hours
Cons
Limited Scope of Practice, No direct interaction with physicians.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2