Riverside Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Loved this employer
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 1, 2017
This was the best place to work for. Working conditions and medical team were very pleasant. The benefits are excellent and they even have tuition reimbursement.
Cons
Pharmacy Department is the Worst ever!!!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 26, 2017
As someone with a lot of years working in pharmacy dedicated to hospital/patient care experience, I was suprised at how the pharmacy department is run. The lead technician has been given management powers by a director who is less than proficient at his job. Such powers have been misused and abused by this person who derives so much joy and pleasure in abusing such powers. She mets out favors based on her "likeness" for you. A lot of the older staff are relegated to shift times and roles nobody else wants. The main goal of this director is cutting cost as such many life saving medications are cut with cheaper substitutes to save cost. A lot of the good staff will either quit or stay and be burnt out suffering from anxiety and stress disorders. This management does not care and will just hire newer, sub-par replacements with no effort to rectify the sitaution. My advice to you, work for any other department but avoid the pharmacy like the plague!!
Pros
Cons
A lot of favoritism goes on
Fun work area
Volunteered (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 24, 2017
Volunteered at this hospital for over a year and overall it was a great experience. Taught me a lot about the healthcare industry and the ups and downs of the field.
Alot of favoritism
Room Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 16, 2017
There js people who have been their for longer than the new recruit, but when the new recruit is doing more work than the old folks its not fair. The old recruit are already confortable and dont want to keep up the pace of work so they take longer. They take advantage of the new and the managers favor them. Their is ALOT Of FaAvortism
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
Favortism
RN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2017
Many education opportunity's, Structure shared governance . Many nursing committees such as nursing in computers,
Grand rounds ( which is composed of education on area's of interest and CE)
Pros
strong community
Flexible environment
Nurse Extern and Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 16, 2017
I was able to complete my nursing extern program at this hospital as well as be employed as a nursing assistant through nursing school. I value the time the organization invested in me and enjoyed working here.
Very corporate
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 15, 2017
Larger facility that is easy to get overlooked in. Has a lot of staff with longevity. Enjoyed working there. Downside was it is a corporate atmosphere.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Large
Nurse Practitioner/ Registered Nurse First Assist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 2, 2017
Hospital is growing. First class training hospital with residency program. The hospital is adding 200 beds and will have new rotation for medical students and residents. Leadership is invested in employees.
Stepping stone in healthcare
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 26, 2017
As a Clinical Care Extender (CCE) volunteer, I was able to participate in patient care activities such as taking vital signs and learning how to hospital community system flowed. There was a good amount of departments to volunteer in.
Really busy place with unrealistic management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 29, 2017
The company pays well compared to others, but they make sure their pennies aren't wasted and their staff is working hard. The facility is always really busy and lacks resources. With the large quantity and lack of resources, the quality of patient care is lacking. Hospital's union is also lacking and isn't as assertive/supportive as expected.
Sad to See the Breast Imaging Center Leave Riverside
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 23, 2017
RCH was a good place to work until they started building the new hospital. Now they are only concerned about the money. They don't care about women's health and the service that they provide to women in the community, and that shows with the decision to close the Breast Imaging Center, then they decide to keep it open 2-3 days a week with only 2 staff members. Very sad that RCH didn't want to spend any money to advance the Breast Center into today's technology. Breast Imaging has provided the highest level of care for the past 30 years to the community, sad it will be gone in a few months.
Good place to work as new nurse
Staff nurse on surgical floor caring (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 20, 2017
Good place to learn med-surg nursing and practice your skills. Very busy environment but lots of opportunities. Nice people to work and diverse population.
They make lots of cuts. Very hard to get an actual position
Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 15, 2017
Nothing is ever good enough. New manager cant even work our workload . But still tells us what and how to do our job. Very hard to get a part time or full time position.
productive and fun
RCP 2 (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 14, 2017
great place to work with great benefits and great people. The wages
are very generous and in the winter there is a lot of money to be made. lots of experience to be gained with level 2 trauma and level
3 nicu
Pros
good benefitsw
Cons
large workloads
Loving and Caring environment
EMERGENCY ROOM VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 13, 2017
The staff all cared about the well being of every patient and staff member. Clean and happy environment to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the sick and trying to help them feel better.
not so green pastures
Microbiology Supv. (Current Employee) –  4445 Magnolia Ave, Riverside Ca.June 1, 2017
Riverside Community Hospital is an HCA owned facility. In my 30+ years of working at several facilities RCH is the worst by comparison. Management and staff take the lab completely for granted and continually express disdain with our performance. During Laboratory week not even one word of thanks was given by management. Most of the staff never smile and seem genuinely angry. On the bright side RCH gives you plenty of work to do and more. In Microbiology there are learning moments practically dailey with every kind of organism and resistance patterns imagineable. these interesting cases are what makes Microbiology so fascinating. However as a supervisor, the more I accomplish the higher the expectations become, surpassing reality, and I am becoming overwhelmed and now looking for a change. .
Pros
unique patient population
Cons
Management deceit
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 1, 2017
Fast pace hospital.
I'd recommend it to my family.
. Great benefits, great hours , treated fairly,the new expansion is exciting.
fast paced
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 18, 2017
like any hospital for an intern student, it is fast paced. my favorite thing was the patients. The hardest part of the job was when the patient died. I learned valuable information.
Be ready to take orders quickly and work independently
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 17, 2017
Experience heavily depends on which nurse you are assigned and this hospital has plenty of nurses that are willing to take on students. But don't be afraid to ask for a change of nurse if you aren't given enough opportunities to learn.
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time at RCH. I was there 12 years and I really enjoyed my job, coworkers and the hospital. It had great benefits. I enjoyed working with the physicians.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Riverside Community Hospital Reviews by Location