RIVERSIDE COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

Outstanding employer!
Retail Sales/Marketing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 29, 2015
After a successful and productive career of almost forty years; first in the business world as a business owner and 2nd line manager for a Fortune 500 company, then as a second career professional with Riverside County Office of Education, I can genuinely offer my highest praise for the professionalism of my co-workers, supervisors and upper management at RCOE. Leadership training and professional growth opportunities are offered and encouraged as well as an environment in which one is allowed to explore and implement new methods of classroom management and instruction for the ultimate benefit of our students.
Pros
Surrounded by accomplished professionals
Cons
None worth mentioning
Stay out of politics
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 29, 2016
If you can do your job and stay out of the politics of the work then you will be fine. Do what your supposed to do and you wont have any issues. Know that your job is for the children not to play favoritism.
Pros
love working with children
Cons
a lot of favoritism
Enjoy working with student with Special Needs.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 11, 2013
My day begin when the student arrive in the classroom and say good morning. Then they go and get their breakfast and sit down and eat it while socializing with their peers. When breakfast is over we go to the schedule of the day and follow it until time to go home.

I have learned that the students enjoy working with the staff and always trying to please you. They make you feel like you are their parents.

The co-workers are the best people I have every worked with willing
to help when needed and communicate with each other.

My hardest part of the job is not being able to reach all the student to
reach beyond their disabilities.

I enjoy working the student and staff when we change someone behavior for the classroom and out in the public.
Pros
benefits and holidays.
Cons
do not have enough hours.
Educational help for kids
Human Resources, Fiscal Services Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 13, 2016
This company works hard to provide the best education for kids in Riverside county. They oversee all school districts4.
People with Disability at the Work Place
Job Coach/Developer Workability (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 3, 2016
Giving of instruction and verbal prompting was exhibited to increase pace of work duties. I learned not to put labels on anyone and do unto others, as you will have them do unto you. I managed a group of special needs students at a work site in the community. Many of my co-workers were apt to help me model many of pro-social skills. Setting of a goal that is manageable, and having the student focus on a goal unattainable. The joy of my day was observation of fairness by the other employees and making the work place inclusive for special needs populace.
Pros
Looking busy
Cons
Let others see you working
Great fun place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 22, 2016
I loved working here. I was an assistant to one of the Principals who was over several schools.
I was able to meet a lot of very nice teachers, and students alike. It was my responsibility to maintain paperwork for the schools, as well as diplomas and grades.
The company I worked with was great. There was never a day that we didn't have a good day while working.
Pros
Close to my house. Was able to pick my children up in mid day.
Fun place to work
Substitute I.A./Office School Secretary (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 18, 2016
This is a great place for a high school student or college student to work. The manager at the temecula location is awesome once you get to know her.
always learning a new skill
Administrative Assistant / Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Coachella Valley, CASeptember 12, 2014
agency has much opportunity for advancement
has many employees to learn from and mentor
job security
not enough support from management
Pros
health benefits
Cons
burned out teachers poisoning the new employees
Education for Special Education Needs, Multiple handicap, Hard and deaf of hearing, Autism
Teacher Assistant Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thermal, Ca.June 13, 2012
Guiding and teaching students to reach their highest level of potential towards. Providing the students social skills that are necessary for every day living. Assisting the teacher in the classroom with students basic needs and responsabilities.
Pros
schedule monday through friday
Cons
salary
I enjoyed working for Riverside County Office of Education, felt supported, respected, and valuedby both administrative staff as well a colleagues.
Special Education Teacher, Emotionally Disturbed (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaliforniaAugust 14, 2014
I taught an ED class. My group was the lower elementary grades. A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK started with getting students off the bus. It was important to set the tone of the day by greeting them and letting them know I was excited to see them. When students came to class, they had a Daily Oral Language assignment on their desk. Once they finished the assignment, they were required to do silent reading. Students had reading logs which needed to signed by staff. In order to be signed, student were required to summarize what they had read and answer staff's questions. Student's ate breakfast and lunch in the classroom. While eating breakfast, I would call on students to address Daily Oral Language samples on the board, calling on them to explain why they gave the answer they did. Sometimes to change it up during the breakfast time, the students would create "Silly paragraphs" and then I would choose students to come up and identify parts of speech and grammar errors in the paragraph. (students really enjoyed this). After breakfast students would divide into groups for Language Arts according to grade/skills. Recess proceeded L.A.. For math, student would also be group according to grade level/skill. After math, lunch, then whole group P.E. In the afternoon, our time was split up with Science, Social Studies, Social Skills mental health groups, and Art. WHAT I LEARNED is that one gains skills (tools) in the credentialing process, but becoming a teacher good teacher is a deliberate choice and with lots of hard work. It happens when you take those skills and develop your identity as a  more... teacher within the context of the classroom environment. Classroom MANAGEMENT is key to a successfully run classroom. Students must have set schedules and kept busy the entire day. This helps to minimize behaviors. I have had up to five instructional assistants (CO-WORKERS) in my room at one time. That is a lot of personalities to manage. I think the most important key in having success and harmony with co-workers, is treating them with respect, identifying their strengths and gifts and utilizing them in the classroom. The HARDEST PART OF THE JOB, was keeping continuity when I received students with extreme behaviors. It was important to keep order and progression, while diffusing a student who was acting out. I have had several extreme case throughout my years of teaching and it can be quite exhausting. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB is when you see a child grow behaviorally as well as academically. In my previous job, I received a kindergartener who possessed no coping skills, and gave full reign to his emotions. When frustrated, he would leap from his seat and bolt for the doors, or pick up chairs attempting to hurl them across the room. Through consistent boundary setting, adjust strategies to find ones that worked, in less that six months, he went from being unable to complete work, stay in control, and properly express his emotions, to being able to sit in his seat, raise his hand, tell staff when he need a break because he was frustrated. This turn about took all of us by absolute surprise. It makes all the hard and stressful times worth it when you see a child excel.  less
Pros
supportive administrative staff, great collaboration amongst teachers
Cons
increase of time consuming paper work
I resigned I had out grown my position
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 31, 2016
I worked many years in Education, and enjoyed the opportunity to teach and learn new skills so that others could develop further.
Amazing students
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAAugust 4, 2014
I would start my day by doing attendance, enrolling new students, grading work, filing making copies as needed.
Learned so much how to type use the computer how to teach Special Ed. students. Management was not on sight we took care independently. Co-workers where great awesome teamwork. The hardest part of my day was leaving the institution knowing that are students were without there parents in juvenile hall. The most enjoyable part my job was being able to help the most difficult and most challenging students that others stopped believing in.
Theres nothing like working with children with Autism
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 30, 2014
A life changing experience. This was a job that I was continually learning from and being challenged in. The programs we were implementing were research based, and therefore always improving and changing. Working alongside passionate people that genuinely cared for the children we worked with was a huge part of what made working for RCOE such an amazing experience. The best part of the job was knowing that regardless of how successful I may have been, I got to spend my time helping little kids become little people.
Pros
Working schedule was based on a school schedule, working with families and their kids, amazing team atmosphere, offered a lot of trainings, a job that always produced results of some sort
Early Head Start Teacher
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 9, 2014
A typical day at work consists of being responsible for 8 children. I complete ongoing observations daily, provide resources for parents, oversee and instructional assistant, follow routines and maintain structure to provide health and safety to each child. I have learned so much through the families I serve and continue to learn everyday. I work with a great individuals who provide support and we are all team players. The hardest part of my job is having the ability to help the low income families that I serve as I can not help all of them all of the time. The best part of my job is when I am able to provide my families with the tools they need in order to succeed.
Pros
Serving children and their families
Cons
Need more of a challenge
Workplace
Sub Bilingual School Secretary/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indio or Palm desert officeDecember 25, 2012
Working for Riverside County Office of Education is a great company to work for. I have learned new things just working there for a little over a year now. I love working with the staff, they are very helpful in every which way. The workload is like any other place that I have worked. Some days I am extremely busy, while other days is slower which lets me catch up on other assignments. The management staff is great, they are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Productive work place with opportunity for growth.
Substitute Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaJanuary 18, 2012
I really enjoyed working as a Instructional Assistant. It gave me the opportunity to be a part of children's learning in the field of Early Childhood education. I was able to learn something new with each site I went to. For example, each teacher had different ways of saying hello and goodbye for the students each day. Sometimes it was more of a learning experience for the students, and it was also a learning experience for the teachers as well because it gave the teachers site on how each child was able to develop their learning skills.
Pros
encouragement from teachers, and team oriented enviroment.
Cons
it was short-term
Great environment and a very rewarding job
Substitute Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 2, 2014
This job is very rewarding. I get called in to work in various special education classrooms in the county. First, I check in with the teacher and follow the schedule provided for me. Everyday is different and so is every child so the work day depends on the environment. Usually, I work one on one or small group instruction. I have worked with intellectually disabled, deaf and hard of hearing, autistic, and emotionally disturbed students. Although this job is an automated calling system and it is usually done on a day by day basis, I have worked long-term positions that have lasted as long as four months.
Preschool Setting
Permit Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brawley, CASeptember 11, 2013
A typical day at work is challenging, fun and interesting. I learned how to communicate better with children,coworkers and parents. My management is essential in my work place. I only have one hour of preparation time for the day. The hardest part of my job is to reach/contact parents when there is an emergency. What I enjoy the most is to being able to mold and make the difference for our future generations.
sub instrutional assistant
sub Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 22, 2012
grate teachers to work with
loved all the school sits
the management is very good
you could chose which school sits you wanted to work in
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 26, 2015
The hardest part was watching the students move on to other schools as they grew older. The most enjoyable part was watching my students with severe developmental disabilities learn new skills that they are able to use in the classroom.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RIVERSIDE COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.

RIVERSIDE COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Reviews by Location