RIVERSIDE COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

Personnel Administrator's Secretary (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 12, 2017
This was a very enjoyable place to work. The benefits were great. The staff was great to work with. Most of the managers were great also. I would still be working there if I still lived in Riverside.
Pros
Great benefits
Substitute Instructor
Substitute Instructor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 10, 2017
Sub instructor for Correctional Education and Industrial Arts programs to include Food service. Great Job met a great number of people and made may friends
Pros
Great Opportunity
Great Place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 5, 2017
Morning formation with colors to start the work day.
Teach Military Sciences period 1-5.
1 Period of physical fitness.
1 Period of prep.

Professional attitudes and staff is job specific. Great fit.

Team teaching when teacher collaborate with each other.
Pros
Travel, lunches and training.
Cons
Short staff.
Learned everything needed to get a job.
Grounds keeping and maintenance (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 26, 2017
Management was satisfactory. They provided all the equipment needed. I feel that I came out of training as a very good worker. I learned to provide maintenance.
Pros
Learning everything
Cons
No problems.
Great Benefits
Administrator's Secretary (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 5, 2017
The Riverside County Office of Education is a wonderful place to work. Great benefits and a Union to protect classified positions. There are politics and procedures to follow that slow processes down, but once you know how to properly follow these procedures things run very well.
Pros
Union, benefits
Cons
Politics
The school system is affected by the budget cuts and therefore they have lost good Teachers.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 23, 2017
The students have a lot of social issues and these problems distract many of them from there studies. The kids are not to blame, its the adults in charge of them. Parents have to do their part and understand that if they don't get involved in the daily affairs of their child and make sure they know what those kids are doing during the day and schedule there time so they don't get into mischief, then what do you expect the teacher to be able to do. It's a team effort because they are the future. Teachers get tired of dealing with bad disobedient students that have no home training. The teacher shouldn't have to kiss up to the principal to keep their job due to the budget cuts. I saw that going on and thought it was disgraceful, because then you can't teach due to the fact that your worried about loosing your job. Shameful!! So everyone needs to step up to the plate and do there part and it can be a great place.
A good company to work for
Special education nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, CAJuly 11, 2017
A slow paces environment. Friendly staff.overall a good place to work. Pay is a little lower for me but great benefits and great schedule. I did reccomend working for this company
It was a fun place to work. We did alot of events here at my site.
Office School/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 6, 2017
Great place to work. Family environment. co-workers are great team players. My principals were good people to work for and with. Our team had alot of educational events for the students. For an alternative school we had great numbers of students that graduated.
Pros
taken students on field trips and provided lunches for the students
Cons
productive and fun palce to work at.
Office Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 5, 2017
very outgoing personnel. I learned new softwares. management is the best. I see no hard part of job at this place. most enjoyable part of the job, I would say it was coming in knowing th people I work with.
Substitute Secretary (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 4, 2017
Great place to work, the people are friendly and they are all helpful. They have great benefits and great working hours. It's also a great place to be a Substitute.
ChildCare,playing games,cooking
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Enjoyed this company, I was my own boss..Pay was Excellent.. learning experience of raising kids. Never a dull moment...Over all good field to go into.. You MUST have PATIENCE....
Pros
I provided the food my self..
Cons
Was Basically My On Boss.
Stay out of politics
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 29, 2016
If you can do your job and stay out of the politics of the work then you will be fine. Do what your supposed to do and you wont have any issues. Know that your job is for the children not to play favoritism.
Pros
love working with children
Cons
a lot of favoritism
Educational help for kids
Human Resources, Fiscal Services Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 13, 2016
This company works hard to provide the best education for kids in Riverside county. They oversee all school districts4.
Fun place to work
Substitute I.A./Office School Secretary (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 18, 2016
This is a great place for a high school student or college student to work. The manager at the temecula location is awesome once you get to know her.
Great fun place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 22, 2016
I loved working here. I was an assistant to one of the Principals who was over several schools.
I was able to meet a lot of very nice teachers, and students alike. It was my responsibility to maintain paperwork for the schools, as well as diplomas and grades.
The company I worked with was great. There was never a day that we didn't have a good day while working.
Pros
Close to my house. Was able to pick my children up in mid day.
People with Disability at the Work Place
Job Coach/Developer Workability (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 3, 2016
Giving of instruction and verbal prompting was exhibited to increase pace of work duties. I learned not to put labels on anyone and do unto others, as you will have them do unto you. I managed a group of special needs students at a work site in the community. Many of my co-workers were apt to help me model many of pro-social skills. Setting of a goal that is manageable, and having the student focus on a goal unattainable. The joy of my day was observation of fairness by the other employees and making the work place inclusive for special needs populace.
Pros
Looking busy
Cons
Let others see you working
I resigned I had out grown my position
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 31, 2016
I worked many years in Education, and enjoyed the opportunity to teach and learn new skills so that others could develop further.
Outstanding employer!
Retail Sales/Marketing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 29, 2015
After a successful and productive career of almost forty years; first in the business world as a business owner and 2nd line manager for a Fortune 500 company, then as a second career professional with Riverside County Office of Education, I can genuinely offer my highest praise for the professionalism of my co-workers, supervisors and upper management at RCOE. Leadership training and professional growth opportunities are offered and encouraged as well as an environment in which one is allowed to explore and implement new methods of classroom management and instruction for the ultimate benefit of our students.
Pros
Surrounded by accomplished professionals
Cons
None worth mentioning
Enjoyable
Student Accounts Technician (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 19, 2015
I enjoy students coming to school and going for their dreams. It is always so gratifying when students return and tell us how they have successfully found a job doing what they want.
Student store
Independent Studies Teacher Grades (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 20, 2015
Working here was great, meet tons of interesting students. Would like to be back working there, hope to get a job sometime this year.
Pros
Nice students
Cons
Low attendance