RiverSide Electronics, Ltd. Employee Reviews

A means to an end.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MNSeptember 12, 2017
While many of the people I worked alongside were great, I was baffled by management and human resource's incompetence nearly every single day. The pay was low, the hours long, and the benefits were laughable. The company is surviving because of it's very low paid and over worked manufacturing staff. The remaining individuals working with the company simply coast along with nothing greater than below sub-standard performance, and yet a higher more livable wage. This also applies to management. While many of them were "hard working" in terms of hours on the job, they complained constantly about the difficulty of their jobs as they sat and talked and laughed with their favored employees, or staring blankly at a computer monitor pretending to be busy. I was promised wages I did not receive, given health insurance I specifically asked to not enroll in, and was written up for not reporting to work during a city wide power outage.....I'm sorry but, it is an ELECTRONICS company, what can you do with electronics with no electricity?!? All in all, my coworkers were good, and it provided me with almost enough money to survive a few months.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Nothing good besides the low level manufacturing staff.
Not the best place to work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MNSeptember 5, 2017
Good job just too fast paced for me I would recommend it to a friend but after a while you start to go a little crazy I just wanted to exel in the company and they wouldn't really let me
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Boring
Customer driven
Cell Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MNApril 25, 2017
The focus is meeting customer specifications. The coworkers are nice. The management team doesn't connect with the workers often. This area could be improved.
Pros
Cater in lunches from time to time
Cons
High turn over rate due to a lack of laborers available
productive and nonstressful, easy work, for decent pay.
Picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MNFebruary 11, 2017
A typical day at work was very much like the last one, with the privilege to see other people and maybe do a few different tasks. I learned a lot about entering info into the computer and how to make simple days not be so boring. the management is like any other large company, very set to their policies and their employees are well cared for. the hardest part of the job is keeping yourself on task when doing repeated tasks all day. the best part of the job is the people you work with.
Pros
3 breaks if you work full time, Pto, and good snacks
Cons
short breaks, occasional overtime.
Fast-paced and energizing work
stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MNNovember 16, 2015
Over the 5+ years at RiverSide I learned to use a handheld computer, honed understanding of electronics components, made many good friends. I found Management to be understanding and personable to me. My coworkers were hard working and very team oriented. The workday was usually fast paced and a tad hectic but all went according to schedule. Helping each other do our very best job was the most rewarding and enjoyable part of my work experience at RiverSide Electronics.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Many overtime hours
Productive and nice environment to work in
Assembler (Former Employee) –  MNMay 27, 2015
The co-workers at Riverside were pleasant and easy to be around and the Supervisors were great to work for. And it was interesting learning how circuit boards are assembled and work.
Cons
Was hard trying to get a FT position there.
Grade school
Machine Tech/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MNJanuary 9, 2014
Drama and mass turnover... Little or no training for production co-workers, leading to more an more unnecessary calls ... And your not allowed to say or do anything to operators to correct problems.. Maintenance is the lowest most disrespected position in the company.
Pros
Maintenance Supervisor was cool and very helpful
Cons
Management was incompetent and had no respect for maintenance.
Assembly work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Rushford, MN and Lewiston, MNNovember 6, 2013
I assembled computer chips boards, tested the boards, worked with computers, and I formed parts. Management is helpful. Some co-workers can be friendly and helpful. Decent benefits. They offer medical,dental,and cant remember if they offered 401K or not. The enjoyable part is doing many different duties. The hardest part is when you are on the line and it can get fast paced and have many things you have to do with the boards so can be stressful. They offer overtime.
Pros
Decent benefits, different shifts, overtime, friendly and helpful co-workers, variety of work duties, work with computers
Cons
fast pace, you start as a temp only and rarely get hired on
Good summer job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  MNJuly 23, 2013
The work was not stimulating, but the company treated students very well. Even though I was a temporary employee, I was treated like a regular employee, which included paid holidays, paid time off, overtime, and frequent breaks.
Good
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MNApril 4, 2013
My typical day involved mechanical and electrical duties including machine installation, machine troubleshooting & repair, electrical installation, troubleshooting, & repair. I also relocated equipment. I learned how to perform daily de-drossing of waves and selective solder and SMT water wash line. Management sought my support in the absence of my supervisor when the plant needed to be opened and the production lines set for the day's activity. I enjoyed the independent work and keeping busy. I developed respect and appreciation from my co-workers as I willingly joined in team efforts to solve problems as they arose.
benefits
Cons
hours
Nice place to work
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MNAugust 31, 2012
Network support & pc troubleshooting.
Server support, network maintanence.
ERP software support.
in house service calls for production staff.
Pros
great people
Cons
small company job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RiverSide Electronics, Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2