Riverside Health System Employee Reviews

Riverside is a great place to work!
Insurance Verification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 10, 2016
The health system is very patient focused and cares deeply about the safety and satisfaction of it's employees. I've worked for multiple departments (Patient Access, Insurance Verification, and Patient Accounting) within the health system. The staff and management in all departments that I've worked in are easy to get a long with and flexible. You are typically only required to work 1-2 holidays a year. The pay and benefits are decent. Management is approachable, fair, and always willing to assist with your career goals. Employees are treated with respect and not micro-managed.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Friendly staff, Great management
Cons
Health benefits could be better
Management only cares about the bottom dollar.
Intake Nurse Home Care (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 11, 2016
I worked for this company and management only cares about the bottom dollar. They do not care about their employees. They will work you until you cant give anymore then will tell you your more than welcome to seek employment else where. Human Resources and upper management will not listen to any complaints. Health Insurance is horrible and your forced to use their services instead of your own primary doctor.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Management, poor health benefits
Overall great place to work
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 7, 2016
Overall great work family, flexibility, work/life balance, and push to educate in role. Compensation is market but could be distributed more fairly across the board.
Pros
Employee health and education discounts
Cons
Frequent On-call without pay incentive in salaried roles
Good Workplace
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 31, 2016
I enjoy working for Riverside. The benefits are good. The compensation and room for advancement could be better. Overall, it is a good company-- just a little behind when it comes to pay and technology.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Compensation
A great opportunity
Registrar (Current Employee) –  RRMCAugust 8, 2016
I work in the Admitting department and spend most of my day assisting patients. This is the kind of place where you can feel like you make a difference. I've learned a lot since starting and thankful that I was given the opportunity. My department is considered entry level but will help prepare you for other jobs. Management is busy but available whenever needed. Most of the employees are there for the right reasons and work hard. Hardest part of the job is everything you have to learn. Most enjoyable part is working with patients and their families and my co-workers.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Holidays
Middle Management Overworked
Manager (Current Employee) –  Middle PeninsulaJanuary 28, 2017
I love serving residents and their families. The staff are, for the most part, pleasant but there are a few who make it hard to be there. Find it quite difficult to deliver the Riverside Care Difference with so many expectations placed on managers. Meetings consume several hours daily. Wish I could focus more on what matters- the patients!
Pros
Close to home, free meal, flexibility, understanding boss
Cons
Poor pay, long hours, high stress
Nice place to work but no chance of advancment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 29, 2016
I love working for this company. The people I got to meet on a daily bases. Helping other, my team I work with is great. But management will keep you from getting other job because there short or they just don't want you to leave the department. There is no commication with management and employee. Team work is great with the employees, we will pull together to get all jobs done. But it seems I can't grow with company
Pros
work and family life balence
Cons
no chance of advancment.
Teaching hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 5, 2017
If you can work at Riverside Regional Medical Center Emergency Department , you can work at any emergency department. Management is fair about providing job work/life balance.
Pros
Teaching environment
Cons
Staffing shortages
Management is Terrible!!!100percent Terrible
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Parksley, VANovember 10, 2016
Don't go there!! Management is horrible!! They are in these positions and don't know what they are doing!! Fireing people for no reason!! You have nobody to turn to when things are not right!! Don't investigat situations when they accur!! They work together to get rid of you because of someone said!! People are trying to leave because of management!! So please stay away!! Residents are nice and fun to be around!! Work well with co workers!!! Ps management will lie on you!! They are buddy buddy!! Including the HR!!!
Pros
Like working with co workers!!!
Cons
Poor managment
Working With the Elderly
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, VAOctober 26, 2016
It's normally a pretty laid back day working. Management is nice and willing to listen to what you have to say. Coworkers are often very kind and sociable.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners (depends on shift), PTO
Cons
Not very flexible

Want to know more about Riverside Health System?

Ask a question
Great company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grafton, VADecember 18, 2016
Worked in a very busy primary care office. Must be able to wear many hats. Enjoyed the the almost 6 years with this company. Looking for a change, been in family practice for 13 year's total.
Pros
Busy enough to maintain job security
Cons
Too busy, stressful
Short Staff- But management and staff can be nasty
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAOctober 24, 2016
Always short staff.
Older staff nasty to new employees'
Management does nothing about it.
Management does not understand the culture of the patients.

Not a long term job
Horrible
Trayline Aide (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 27, 2017
This job was one of the worst jobs I've had and I've had plenty. The managers pick and pick. They hire so often because of how many people quit on a daily basis. They don't try to work with you if you are having troubles at home or with your car. It's altogether a bad job.
Pros
Free lunch below $7 and good pay
Cons
Picky managers, judgemental co-workers, weird hours and never a certain time when you get off.
Good job but poor management
Charge Description Master Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 29, 2016
I enjoyed my job duties and as long as I knew what I was doing everything was great. But when it came to asking management for help it was very time consuming and hard to get answers.
Pros
work at home
Cons
poor management
Stable company with longevity
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 26, 2017
Multi-cultural and multi-generational personnel. Lively and fun loving crew. The patients need consistent professional care therefore you must always prepare to be flexible.
Pros
8 hour shifts, flexible schedule
Cons
short staff
Needs to play catch-up in pay with rest of area
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 15, 2016
First chance I got to leave I left. First offer at interview after working here for a year was $8 more an hour. They don't pay extra for flexis that have no benefits.
Pros
Nice New Equipment and Facilities, Safe Atmosphere, Great Food at Cafeteria
Cons
Horrible Pay and Benefits
Productive place to work
Quality Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 17, 2017
Makes sure that patients are the number one priority. Employees are involved in many decision making and are encouraged to further their education and make better for themselves.
very fun place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 29, 2016
I love it here people are so friendly. Couldnt ask for a better place to work. The people and patients are amazing. IT really is a great place to work
Productive and fun workplace for elderly and physical therapy.
Ouachita Health Care (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 10, 2016
Its a place for people to come and retire or recuperate there health and well-being. They also have patients who for comfort in their last
days to spend with family.
Pros
They birthday parties every month different patients that have birthdays within that month, also reward the employees for loyal patient care.
Cons
Insurance issues
Great oncology floor
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 1, 2016
Coworkers are great
Love the oncology setting
Manager is great
Get to learn new things everyday
Hospital staff is great
Learned how to manage with stress and busyness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Health System. Our community is ready to answer.