Riverside Health System Employee Reviews

I would work there again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VANovember 13, 2017
You have to be willing to have flexibility schedule . You have to be very friendly with patient and know your job . Never go out of your scope of practice.
Loyal to Employees
Practice Manager; Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 10, 2017
Working for Riverside allowed me to grow and gain useful experience in my professional career. They would be better to recognize those who are hard working instead of physicians who are arrogant and narcissistic. It takes the whole team to function.
Great work environment and growth potential
Manager (Former Employee) –  Corporate OfficeNovember 7, 2017
Constant change. Enjoy a fast paced environment with screening calls, greeting the public, scheduling meetings, selling hospital displays, scheduling advertising and printing, proofreading and editing publications prior to printing. Assist other departments when needed and schedule and execute Employee Appreciation Events.
Very Disorganized, stressful,
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 6, 2017
Could use more talent in upper management. More patient oriented and compassionate. Not customer based at all. Doctors and directors are leaving by the drones. No Plan in place and allowing really good, respected doctors leave. Upper management has no idea of what a plan is- Do now and plan later is the way they work.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
management
Loved it.
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VA, and Newport News VAOctober 29, 2017
I worked for RHS for over 10 years. I loved the discounts, Incentives, my Manager, and I liked my co-worker's. I was happy when I was able to transfer
Pros
Getting free stuff from sale reps, food, and flexibility.
Cons
The pay. Not enough for three jobs, and one job title.
Unsympathetic
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 28, 2017
I had two deaths in my family while working here and there was no sympathy or condolences.i was terminated by a certified letter due to missing work when it was a management mistake with the schedule and lack of communication.i chose not to fight it because it was a temporary job.The situation could’ve been handled differently and more professional like a face to face meeting. The supervisor didn’t return phone calls nor respond to text when asking about schedule confusion but texted me asking about returning gear after termination
Pros
Very easy work
Cons
No challenge
Good starting zone
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 27, 2017
Riverside is a fantastic starting place for nursing. I have experienced a range of fields in my time here from minor injuries to dialysising patients. I’ve lead codes, units, admissions, discharged, sending out to acute care to bringing them back, collaborating with doctors and practitioners, I’ve had a tremendous amount of experience. Now, I look forward to a brighter future in nursing as I continue my education and pursue my career!
Pleasant environment
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 19, 2017
Staff is nice. No benefits for part-timers. Easily located in Ames. Meals are delicious. Resident staff ratio is good. No odor present upon entering facility
Pros
pleasant environment
Work Environment
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parksley, VASeptember 27, 2017
Great people, great place to work. Always opportunities to advance. Good benefits good pay, great teamwork among staff and management. Since I have worked here I have learned new things as I am given new job duties to perfom.
Pros
Educational advancement available
Pros and Cons at GWF
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 15, 2017
I worked here for 13 years. The work atmosphere was generally pleasant among coworkers but, there really was no real teamwork, which made it harder to properly care for patients/residents. Healthcare is about teamwork.
We often were under-staffed, and expected to work with excellence, under these conditions. (Didn't happen). Too many call-outs which left floors short.
Benefits are good but, health care is relatively high. Really loved the complimentary discounted fitness and wellness membership.
Pay is low compared to other facilities in the area. Overtime is being cut out frequently, even though facility is understaffed,but, you do get paid shift differential for working evenings and nights .
Pros
Good Benefits, fitness center membership a plus
Cons
Under-staffed, Working Short, No Team Work

Want to know more about Riverside Health System?

Ask a question
Fast pace
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston scSeptember 12, 2017
Very fast pace work place. Nevertheless you will learn patients Diets, meal plans, implement different food items. Meal trays setups. Further more customer care is number one.
Pros
Lunch & hours
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work with caring staff and managers. Great place for experience with all types of patients. Rehab, dementia, long term, skilled, and Alzheimer patients.
Pros
Plenty of work/ hours.
Cons
understaffed
A lot of work for little pay.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Too much to say. Just know what exactly you want from this place. I worked there strictly to pay for my pct course. And at the same time use the experience to get me a pct position but things did not work out in my favor because the pay was too little.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Work for 8 hrs but pay is for 7. No one covers for lunch breaks
Social work Practicum and Internship
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 30, 2017
Very supportive learning environment and helpful supervisors, employees and group of physicians. Fast paced environment and discharge planning. Was a great place to work.
Unlimited opportunities and abilities for RN's. High demand for RN's of all experience levels.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 29, 2017
There aren't any typical days at RRMC. Fast paced leading acute care hospital in Hampton roads. Diverse patient and colleague population. Excellent place to learn and grown and build as a professional nurse. However, this is not a place to solidify and retire. This is not a pro-nurse institution that advertises and seeks out shared governance opportunities and talent. In addition, nurse's are not empowered to contribute to their craft while achieving dreams, goals, and higher education. Institution has a focus on receiving professional nurses but, not retaining and empowering them.
Pros
endless job openings and opportunities
Cons
High management turnover
Management in Memory care was terrible with high turnover
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 28, 2017
Untrained supervisors that made the job harder with each new supervisor hired. There was no team work, always under staffed, a lot of brown nosing, and most of the staff stayed on their phones more than they worked. Activities director in Memory Care is inexperienced, only posted activities for show, unethical, cut-throat, and very immature.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
over worked, under staffed, under paid, no team work, inexperienced supervisors.
Great place to work overall
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Riverside Health Systems. I would highly recommend anyone to work with this health system. My only reason for leaving is relocating.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Better pay
Enjoyable and easy to work with fellow employees
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed my employment with Riverside. The staff and department I worked with were very caring. The company cares for it's employees and has team building opportunities.
Pros
Lots of training opportunities
Cons
Distance from my home was a bit far
Very productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, VAAugust 12, 2017
Excellent working environment
Great staffing
Positive attitudes
Flexible scheduling
Great location near local shopping centers
Newly renovated
Friendly families
Working oncology
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAAugust 3, 2017
Amazing co-workers and great patients. Very emotional position. Loved the job but difficult to balance work and home-life with long hours and commute.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Health System. Our community is ready to answer.