Riverside Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

Great Location
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2015
Great location to meet a lot of people and to network. Team members are very nice and work hard to ensure guest satisfaction.
great management
Purchasing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise IdJanuary 5, 2015
Great place to work. I left for a job that paid better and I regretted it ever since.
Pros
great team mates, great hours
Love the hotel environment
Front Desk Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2015
I worked as a PBX operator and was basically behind the scenes. There were approximately 16 incoming lines. My hours varied from 7 to 3 pm or 3 pm to 11pm. Depended on what was needed. From time to time I was needed as front desk clerk as well.
Pros
work time flew by due to call volume
Cons
boss spoke a different language so at times it was hard to understand orders.
Productive place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Las OlasJune 26, 2014
Great place to work for. great environment. The management team is helpful and quick to solve employee issues. Never a dull day in the life of Las Olas. Restaurant sits on Las Olas so there are always great customers.
Pastry Cook
Pastry Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 23, 2014
its okay, not much room for growth, old hotel, family work , just another job.
Worked many split shifts,was in training for manager on duty for hotel, oversaw food and beverage outlets
Supervisor Food & Beverage; Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 20, 2014
I enjoyed the position and learned a lot. The hours were long with split shifts and compensation was not what was promised. I left for what I
It was a good work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAMay 9, 2013
During my time of employment at Riverside Hotel I worked with people who had good personalities and everyone got along with each other.
Productive and Fun Place to work with
PBX Operator (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FloridaSeptember 29, 2012
I learned to work collectively and effectively at Riverside Hotel with professional staff.
Pros
free lunches
Great hotel, with great team players, fine place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 30, 2012
A typical day includes me arriving on time, preparing station, and getting ready to receive orders and completing them. I had to work with trainees, through that I learned patience and tolerance. Management was effective and pro-active. There was high level of communication and understanding among co-workers. The most challenging part of my job was any unavailability of products to make the job complete. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see satisfaction on the faces of the satisfied guest.
Pros
insurance benefits, 4o1k
Cons
short work week
Having worked in many hotels over a quarter of a century, this is by far my favorite!
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 5, 2012
I have worked for the Las Olas Company at the Riverside Hotel for nearly 5 years. The hotel is wonderful, full of historic charm, a friendly staff, and the best location. Despite being an independent hotel, I have had opportunity for advancement in my short time here. I love my job and look forward to going to work every day. We have the pleasure of workin closely with our corporate office, which is right across the street! The president of the company is a no nonsense, straight forward type of person. If something makes sense then we do it.
We are very fortunate to work for a hotel which truly values the customer experience. The ownership and senior leadership believe that if we provide great service to the guests then we will see the return on investment. They also believe in taking care of our employees. I have worked for the bottom line driven management companies in the past. it is refreshing to work for a company that places a greater emphasis on providing service to the guests.
The hotel also provides a stimulating environment where each day is different than the previous one. We are downtown so we get very loyal business travelers. We are also close to the airport, beaches, and Port Everglades so we get vacationers and cruise passengers. In the heart of the Las Olas shopping, dining, and night life districts, we also get a lot of drive in stay-cationers who just want to get away for a night or two. With amazing banquet facilities, including our 8th floor wraparound terrace that provides breathtaking views of the city, beach, intracoastal, New River, and the port, we
  more... also enjoy those guests who attend social functions (weddings, bat mitzvahs, etc) and decide to take the elevator home.
In addition to all of this, we also have 545' of dock space along the New River. Luxury yachts mix with sport boats directly adjacent to our pool. The guests who travel by boat are the friendliest I have ever encountered.
I also have the pleasure of working with the finest managers in our industry, with many of whom I have also worked in the past. Many of our employees have worked here for years and love the hotel!
Pros
the best working environment, great benefits, amazing team!
Friendly, team building atmosphere
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleJanuary 31, 2012
It's a great boutique hotel to work at. Very personable, departments are friendly. The best amenities to offer corporate, social and the traveler looking for the perfect destination hotel.
Pros
employee strong tenure.
Cons
limited advancement, no other properties to promote and move to.
It's a pleasure to come to work!
Annoymous (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleJanuary 30, 2012
I look forward to going to work each day. The entire staff is friendly; to the extent you feel like they are part of your family. The guests are treated so well, they keep coming back because they feel like family. I can't imagine going to work anywhere else and feeling this good about it.
Pros
all departments get along.
The best company I've ever worked for!
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 25, 2012
In the short time I've worked for Riverside Hotel / The Las Olas Company, I've already come to realize why we are the leaders in the travel/hospitality industry. Riverside Hotel is driven by innovation and exceptional service. The company culture is one of servant leadership. Every employee takes ownership in their position. Management is friendly, approachable, and encouraging. I've never truly felt like I was part of a family at any organization until I was hired by Riverside Hotel. I hope to be here for a very long time!
Pros
free meals, free parking, free dry-cleaning, great networking connections, great location, good benefits, family atmosphere, potential for advancement
Cons
long hours during peak season
Great location, a warm, charming atmosphere
Admin. Asst. (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FloridaJanuary 24, 2012
River views, shops on Las Olas, patio dining, and exciting events are just some of the reasons working here is so funtastic. Family atmosphere, opportunity for advancement, and being appreciated are some of the reasons to stay.
Pros
free lunch, great location, friendly atmosphere
Well run private company
Corporate Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeJanuary 24, 2012
I moved to South Florida six years ago and began working for this company - terrific place to be employed. Highly recommend!
Pros
free soup and salad bar lunch!
Family Value Based Company with Positive Employee Culture
Administration (Current Employee) –  Riverside HotelJanuary 23, 2012
I have been working at the Riverside Hotel since October 2010. The DNA of this company stems from the ownership, which is a family that still is at them helm since 1936. All employees are treated as part of the family and a spirit of positivness can be felt throughout the organization. The communication is excellent, as the oppinion of the staff is valued. Good Commuication is a key ingredient to ensuring that everybody is on the same page. Our philosophy is to take care of the staff and they will take care of the customers. It is all about employees being allowed to take ownership and making decisions.
Pros
positive work environment, family valued culture, people oriented
Great culture, fun, work-life balance
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleJanuary 23, 2012
Amazing hotel, staff is wonderful, family culture, very much like Cheers- "everybody knows your name", a lot of room for growth. Many employees have worked here here for over 25 years!
Pros
free lunch, free parking on las olas boulevard, full insurance package & 401k